Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. (15903 Views)

Police Take Over Headquarters Of NFF Following Court Order Sacking Amaju Pinnick / Court Sacks Amaju Pinnick As NFF President / It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by Ade001ng(m): 10:59am On Oct 08, 2014
kurt09:
President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Amaju Pinnick, has admitted the possibility of hiring a foreign coach for the Super Eagles.
Speaking on a television programme, the new boss of the federation said that his board could opt for a foreign coach to replace Stephen Keshi if the need arises.
“It is very possible that we could get a foreign coach but first we have to give Keshi a chance. He is a hero and we should treat him as such,” Pinnick said.
“He has won the Nations Cup both as a player and as a coach for Nigeria and we must regard him with respect.
“I very much support us having local coaches and I will encourage that. But if it happens that he can’t continue, then we may get a foreign coach.”
Keshi’s contract ran out at the end of Nigeria’s participation at the World Cup in Brazil and he’s only handling the team on an interim basis.
He will do his chances of being retained as Eagles’ coach a great harm if Nigeria fails to qualify and defend their AFCON title in Morocco next January. http://www.thecable.ng/pinnick-eagles-get-foreign-coach

Good move, mr pinnick
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by skullzrep(m): 11:01am On Oct 08, 2014
ugoezeik:
ok but am gay, can we build d relationship u r tkng abt?

Ghen Ghen! Lol
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by Goke7: 11:16am On Oct 08, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
He is totally wrong. Following his idea, Omeruo, Oboabona and Mba would never have been given a chance to play at the last AFCON.

If a Coach sees a player on the bench in Division Three Pakistan League and the Coach believes he can turn him into a star, the coach should be given a chance.

Coach Arsene Wenger signed Kolo Toure from Cote D'Ivoire. He turned out a star defender in the Arsenal squad.

The NFF should stop interfering in the Coaches job.

The new nff president is just being misled by some so called football analysts comprising of some ignorant sports journalists and envious ex footballers who can never achieve what keshi has done in their life time, its a pity we like going backwards in Nigeria.

My question is what are really the sins of keshi? in the entire history of Nigerian football, no coach be it foreign or local has never got his selection of players in tandem with the general public opinion, if anyone doubts me, he or she should tell me that coach whose total selection of players went down well with everybody's opinion.

The way amaju pinic or 'panic' is going, is there any need for a coach? since the nff already knows all nigerian players, they can be inviting them as well for matches, that will save a lot of money from salaries of coaches.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by deb(m): 11:21am On Oct 08, 2014
And here goes the cycle again. We keep doing the same thing.

Soon we will sack the Oyinbo man saying that he doesn't understand our national team then we will quickly draft, let me guess, Siasia or Sunday Oliseh this time. Then Sia1 or Oliseh will do well in their first term after which they will be booted out only to hire another foreign coach; and maybe by a new Sports Administrator that would be appointed then. Mtshceeew!

1 Like

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by chesterlee(m): 11:23am On Oct 08, 2014
Get rid of the clueless one already!

Just get us a 'Grade A' Foreign manager...Most importantly, A tactician that can take us to the next level. Someone similar to the special one (jose) or the silent one (Pep)
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by Goke7: 11:41am On Oct 08, 2014
Umunede:
I watched that programme. He also said that NFF will set up a Technical committee that will compile and grade all our foreign players into Grade A, B and C based on the league they are playing and how regular they play in their club. He said there will be no way of inviting someone in playing in China when there is someone playing regularly in a top league.

we keep deceiving ourselves and how many of our players will make Grade A or even B, there is a dearth of quality of players in this present generation of Nigerian players, are u sure an obafemi martins in mls will make Grade B, is martins a world class player? if uche is that good, he should scoring more than 20goals in la liga or is he a diego costa? until we start seeing quality players again like Yekini, finidi goerge and kanus of this world, then we can begin to brag but for now we have bunch of average players who are swollen headed.

1 Like

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by honeric01(m): 11:59am On Oct 08, 2014
Here comes another "oyibo coach is the savior" NFF president, when you think the next one is going to be better, what do you get? another dustbin president.

From the time we have been employing white coaches, can he beat his chest to say we have had anything meaningful from them except "westerholf" who had to ignore the whole board, went directly to the president to get result which took 5 years before results were seen?

Junks everywhere!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by enomakos(m): 12:06pm On Oct 08, 2014
manu garba is the right choice
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by ennysongs(m): 12:18pm On Oct 08, 2014
weather local or foreign coach just make our team solid abeg
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by UncleGus2014: 1:40pm On Oct 08, 2014
It's quite unfortunate that the new NFF President can utter such views publicly. Is it that he lacks wisdom or doesn't have the interest of Nigeria at heart? I will not go as far as accusing him of having selfish (monetary) interests because that will be joining partners with those claiming (without proof) that Keshi demands bribe from players to feature in the team. Every Nigerian fan, myself included, appears to be an expert but a president should believe in his troops and never criticize publicly.

A foreign coach can't do any better with the resources available. Russia, Iran and some other countries hired capable foreign coaches during the last world cup but did not surpass Nigeria. England has since learned that "foreign coaches" are not the solution. It's time Nigerians believe in their own.

Give Keshi time to do a good job. We need heroes we can call our own. It took Westerhof a much longer time to achieve what Keshi has so far achieved despite having much more resources at his disposal (in terms of quality of players). Besides, Westerhof didn't achieve much after he left the Eagles. We cannot compare the caliber of players we have now to what we had between 1990 and 2000. Lets give our local coaches the same level of respect, support, remuneration (paid monthly) and necessary working conditions as foreign coaches to do the job.

The clamour for Siasia, Oliseh, Finidi etc is not bad, they have the potential to become heroes too but they need to prove themselves by coaching elsewhere (other countries' national teams like Keshi did or club sides). Coaching is not done on the pages of newspapers or on the internet. A new coach will need time to rebuild and will likely make mistakes which may lead to his sack. Great coaches like Sir Alex needed time to make history. Others like Pep, Jose and Van Gaal either inherited great teams or spent huge sums making one.

Long live the Super Eagles!!!
Long live Nigeria!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 08, 2014
Amaju picnic or toothpick or wateva ur name is, pls jst shut up and give us plan 4 football dev in dis country angry. Dats wat we nid and not talk about foreign coach. StealthyMe how u see dis guy? U don check am out?

1 Like

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by mpowa(m): 3:17pm On Oct 08, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
He is totally wrong. Following his idea, Omeruo, Oboabona and Mba would never have been given a chance to play at the last AFCON.

If a Coach sees a player on the bench in Division Three Pakistan League and the Coach believes he can turn him into a star, the coach should be given a chance.

Coach Arsene Wenger signed Kolo Toure from Cote D'Ivoire. He turned out a star defender in the Arsenal squad.

The NFF should stop interfering in the Coaches job.

Just as the coach give the players chance right? the coach does not have the final say about our football, he coach not the owner, the NFF has a job too, they're not there to come sit down. He deserves benefits of doubt as long as we're getting results with his weird choices, when the results are not coming then he must be questioned, and possibly be given instruction or he should be booted out if won't corporate.
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 3:23pm On Oct 08, 2014
mpowa:

Just as the coach give the players chance right? the coach does not have the final say about our football, he coach not the owner, the NFF has a job too, they're not there to come sit down. He deserves benefits of doubt as long as we're getting results with his weird choices, when the results are not coming then he must be questioned, and possibly be given instruction or he should be booted out if won't corporate.
Do you think any member of the English FA can pick a squad for Fabio Capello when he was coaching England?

Can any member of the Columbian FA pick players or tell Jose Pekerman who and how to run the National team?

This is pure interference. The FA should do their job and allow the coach shape the team to his taste. Not their taste.

If not, they should pull their suits, Agbadas and Kaftans and go and coach.

1 Like

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by mpowa(m): 3:36pm On Oct 08, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Do you think any member of the English FA can pick a squad for Fabio Capello when he was coaching England?

Can any member of the Columbian FA pick players or tell Jose Pekerman who and how to run the National team?

This is pure interference. The FA should do their Jo and allow the coach shape the team to his taste. Not their taste.

If not, they should pull their suits, Agbadas and Kaftans and go and coach.

They're not picking players for him, they're only giving him guide lines, and i don't see anything wrong with that, just has Keshi has right as a coach, they have rights too. They're saddled with the responsibility to develop our football and must wade in when necessary to correct anything that'll destroy it, like we're experiencing now, i guess everyone is doing his job, there should be no problem.
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 3:45pm On Oct 08, 2014
mpowa:

They're not picking players for him, they're only giving him guide lines, and i don't see anything wrong with that, just has Keshi has right as a coach, they have rights too. They're saddled with the responsibility to develop our football and must wade in when necessary to correct anything that'll destroy it, like we're experiencing now, i guess everyone is doing his job, there should be no problem.
That is still interference. For instance, many are clamouring for Coach Keshi to bring in Nacho.

What category will he be?

In the last match against South Africa, Osaguona played better then Emenike. With this their guideline, Osaguona will not qualify.

How regular was Omeruo at Chelsea before the Nations Cup?

This Pinnick should allow the coach do his job and not interfere.
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by MadCow1: 4:02pm On Oct 08, 2014
rickkid:

I give up.
Here we have an NFF president who STILL has that useless "Oyinbo go save us" mentality. What rubbish is this?! "European developmental leagues" what the fuggin trashheap is that?!
This 1diot thinks it's Europe who will develop our players for us. Here I was expecting someone intelligent enough to grasp the concept of self development and improvement. What is the plan for our league? How are we to raise its technical and aesthetic standard and make it financially self sustaining so that we can start keeping our players here to benefit our national team? Here I was thinking this clown would be answering such questions.
Instead all the buffoon wants to do is collect govt allocation and use it to pay some white fool who is then supposed to cast some oyibo magic spell over the national team and win the world cup, afcon, confed cup, chan and wafu cup beating every team 5-0 along the way. The magic that didn't work with Philippe Troussier, Bora Milutinovic, Bertie Vogts, Lars Lagerback, Clemens Westerhof and Bonfrere Jo will somehow work this time. Oh, and while we're at it, let's do nothing to improve the state of our league. In fact let's go round every quarter and remove the 4 best talents from there, then let's package them off to the Dutch second division, pocketing some nice "fees" in the process. Gullible Nigerians who lick the buttocks of European football will hail us and to the skeptical ones we'll sell it as "polishing talent in "European developmental leagues." " (whatever the feck that even means!)

Feck you Amaju Pinnick.

Feck you, feck your NFF, feck your white juju mercenary coach, feck your "european developmental leagues", feck everything about you and your office you slimy, shameless, utterly revolting piece of sh1t!

Go to hell!

Do you know that almost all our greatest players in history passed through the Dutch league especially Ajax?

I do agree with developing our local league, but that is not a job the NFF can single handedly do as it requires too many external forces beyond their immediate control to achieve..

I like the theory of his plans so far.. I will wait to see how it pans out.
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by MORNDEW(m): 4:27pm On Oct 08, 2014
rickkid:

I give up.
Here we have an NFF president who STILL has that useless "Oyinbo go save us" mentality. What rubbish is this?! "European developmental leagues" what the fuggin trashheap is that?!
This 1diot thinks it's Europe who will develop our players for us. Here I was expecting someone intelligent enough to grasp the concept of self development and improvement. What is the plan for our league? How are we to raise its technical and aesthetic standard and make it financially self sustaining so that we can start keeping our players here to benefit our national team? Here I was thinking this clown would be answering such questions.
Instead all the buffoon wants to do is collect govt allocation and use it to pay some white fool who is then supposed to cast some oyibo magic spell over the national team and win the world cup, afcon, confed cup, chan and wafu cup beating every team 5-0 along the way. The magic that didn't work with Philippe Troussier, Bora Milutinovic, Bertie Vogts, Lars Lagerback, Clemens Westerhof and Bonfrere Jo will somehow work this time. Oh, and while we're at it, let's do nothing to improve the state of our league. In fact let's go round every quarter and remove the 4 best talents from there, then let's package them off to the Dutch second division, pocketing some nice "fees" in the process. Gullible Nigerians who lick the buttocks of European football will hail us and to the skeptical ones we'll sell it as "polishing talent in "European developmental leagues." " (whatever the feck that even means!)

Feck you Amaju Pinnick.

Feck you, feck your NFF, feck your white juju mercenary coach, feck your "european developmental leagues", feck everything about you and your office you slimy, shameless, utterly revolting piece of sh1t!

Go to hell!
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by MORNDEW(m): 4:31pm On Oct 08, 2014
Where ar all those people who dont know anything about football that was judging him based on his scietific football jargons. Can u all see that this man is down with inferiority complex syndrome. See the nonsenses he is spewing out i laugh this man. Una never see anything.

1 Like

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by StealthyMe(m): 4:31pm On Oct 08, 2014
shockwave91:
Amaju picnic or toothpick or wateva ur name is, pls jst shut up and give us plan 4 football dev in dis country angry. Dats wat we nid and not talk about foreign coach. StealthyMe how u see dis guy? U don check am out?

lol grin
I don see am oo...foreign coach we nor need oo

Buh aw u see wetin he wan do Keshi - he said they'll give him a pool of players to choose from...nor be the one wey e go dey select players from Malta cheesy
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by Bbklopsy: 4:44pm On Oct 08, 2014
But y is almost everyone callin 4 Keshi's sack.wat exactly has he done wrng dis time?

1 Like

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by ewosk: 8:10pm On Oct 08, 2014
Jerrick:
Nonsense. Then Get José Mourinho. angry
Mourinho ke..Arsene Wenger ni...

anoda Berti Vogts is preparing cv for eagles job

1 Like

Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by duni04(m): 11:10pm On Oct 08, 2014
Umunede:
I watched that programme. He also said that NFF will set up a Technical committee that will compile and grade all our foreign players into Grade A, B and C based on the league they are playing and how regular they play in their club. He said there will be no way of inviting someone in playing in China when there is someone playing regularly in a top league.
Makes sense
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by FearGodinall: 10:59am On Oct 09, 2014
It has never worked and it never work for Nigeria rather star it from our leagues. Case study Belgium.
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by Gorgeous58(f): 11:32pm On Oct 09, 2014
We sidon dey look
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by Nobody: 6:41am On Oct 10, 2014
StealthyMe:

lol grin
I don see am oo...foreign coach we nor need oo

Buh aw u see wetin he wan do Keshi - he said they'll give him a pool of players to choose from...nor be the one wey e go dey select players from Malta cheesy

now tell me u no blive say na bullsh1t b datangry. How dem go dey choose players 4 am? Dem neva even gve am technical crew finish and d man neva still get contract see wetin dis jonsin man dey planangry. Make we no even qualify sef.....rubbish
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by StealthyMe(m): 9:49am On Oct 10, 2014
shockwave91:

now tell me u no blive say na bullsh1t b datangry. How dem go dey choose players 4 am? Dem neva even gve am technical crew finish and d man neva still get contract see wetin dis jonsin man dey planangry. Make we no even qualify sef.....rubbish

lol...i no even dey folo dia matter again sef ; anyway dem wan dey do am make dey do am
I go dey hear dia scores tomorrow ; na falcons i wan follow now grin
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 10, 2014
StealthyMe:

lol...i no even dey folo dia matter again sef ; anyway dem wan dey do am make dey do am
I go dey hear dia scores tomorrow ; na falcons i wan follow now grin

lol i dey tell u. I suppose kolekt blow.job 4rm oshoala after she score hat-trick sef
Re: Pinnick: Eagles Could Get A Foreign Coach. by StealthyMe(m): 10:45am On Oct 10, 2014
shockwave91:

lol i dey tell u. I suppose kolekt blow.job 4rm oshoala after she score hat-trick sef

Taah..wia yu wan see ha?
Abi u sef don fly go Namibia? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From Final Training Of Super Eagles Ahead Of Today's Libya's Match / Frank Lampard Appointed As Derby’s Manager On Three-year Contract / FIFA: Criminal Proceedings Against Infantino Launched In Switzerland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.