Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,269 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

I've Had A Change Of Heart With Rochas Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I've Had A Change Of Heart With Rochas Okorocha (3455 Views)

#I Stand With Rochas Okorocha For President Frn 2019 / Caption This Photo Of Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shakitibobo As Tekno Sings / Video:body Of Late Chief Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu Arrivin Imo State With Rochas Ok (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I've Had A Change Of Heart With Rochas Okorocha by Ikengawo: 3:09am On Oct 08, 2014
I was formerly against him, but in 3 years I can now see that his heart and mind is in the development of Imo state and he's doing all the right things! I'm very impressed with the increase in profile Owerri has received and truly see that he's doing more for other places in Imo than past governors. Him joining APC no longer concerns me. Ohakim supported Yar' Adua over GEJ when Yar' Adua was already dead and his wife was holding the constitution for ransom, so the whole 'siding with the north' thing is flimsy and weak. Compared to all the other governors in the east he shows more capacity to think for himself than someone like Orji who needless to say is just a creature. I tip my hat to Chime Sullivan, my favorite eastern governor, and see that Obiano is great too. Rochas is doing remarkably in Imo. My primary concern is a return in INDUSTRY. For the first time in decades my village is receiving state government attention, so there's nothing left to complain about.

I would also like to mention that the pack of jackals PDP is presenting for it's primaries is a disgrace and I hope that good prevails and keeps Okorocha in power until PDP in Imo state stops being a pot belly mafia

10 Likes

Re: I've Had A Change Of Heart With Rochas Okorocha by gtrust: 3:19am On Oct 08, 2014
How much

11 Likes

Re: I've Had A Change Of Heart With Rochas Okorocha by equlibrium(m): 3:40am On Oct 08, 2014
Lik he evr cared abt u sef
Re: I've Had A Change Of Heart With Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 3:49am On Oct 08, 2014
My primary concern is a return in INDUSTRY. For the first time in decades my village is receiving state government attention, so there's nothing left to complain about. 

You one hell among the problems Nigeria !

6 Likes

Re: I've Had A Change Of Heart With Rochas Okorocha by Ikengawo: 4:01am On Oct 08, 2014
ok
Re: I've Had A Change Of Heart With Rochas Okorocha by Kc3000: 5:01am On Oct 08, 2014
Roaches, as he is fondly called in PDP circles, is a decent governor. Now, I'm not speaking from the vantage point of an indigene, but peeping out from the factory of sadness known as Abia, I see an Imo governor that is doing okay. However misguided his politics at the national level might seem to some, he has not become as raucous and desperate as Amaechi has become. I can't wish the debacle in Abia on my brothers in Imo, so if Rochas is doing okay, retain him regardless of his party affiliations. In Nigerian politricks, the individual's desire to serve the people matters more than the party he/she belongs to.

5 Likes

Re: I've Had A Change Of Heart With Rochas Okorocha by Ikengawo: 5:47am On Oct 08, 2014
Right. Okorocha is a very ridiculous person but hes not not that bad as a governor. Im a pdp support without a doubt buy the pdp in imo is worst than apc because theyre all poor men looking for a chance to get rich quick. Total lack of leadership. Okorocha is ridiculous but hes a leader. He wants to be president and wont compromise that ambition which compared to other ihbo leaders who are total for sale is a great thing. Okorocha is corrupt but sadly idk if we as a country can do better so for now hes ok.

2 Likes

Re: I've Had A Change Of Heart With Rochas Okorocha by omenka(m): 5:54am On Oct 08, 2014
Errrm...

3 Likes

Re: I've Had A Change Of Heart With Rochas Okorocha by slap1(m): 5:54am On Oct 08, 2014
Welcome home, prodigal son. Haha.
Only a blind man would accuse Rochas of doing nothing. Every local government has new or renovated schools and a big hospital (in various stages of completion).
Even the remote parts of the state are feeling his goodness. Okigwe town was completely abandoned by Ohakim but Rochas has transformed that dusty town into something better.
If you think Rochas is not working, come to Abia State where you don't even see spoilt/abandoned cement mixers, bulldozers, etc that shows somebody was trying to build something.
Rochas is the best governor in Imo State since Sam Mbakwe.

8 Likes

Re: I've Had A Change Of Heart With Rochas Okorocha by Smooyis(m): 6:16am On Oct 08, 2014
Its great to hear this twist of development. Hope he will continue to do more.
Re: I've Had A Change Of Heart With Rochas Okorocha by gratiaeo(m): 7:07am On Oct 08, 2014
Hmmmm. Unu dikwa serious.
Re: I've Had A Change Of Heart With Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 08, 2014
@OP: Change is the only constant in life, as long as it is driven by personal conviction then you are on point.

2 Likes

Re: I've Had A Change Of Heart With Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 7:17am On Oct 08, 2014
Whoever says Rochas is not transforming Imo state is either intentionally ignorant or has pure hatred for him because of his party affiliation. I seem to wonder why he's been hated by his own people while non-igbos love him so much.

God bless Rochas and Imo State.

4 Likes

Re: I've Had A Change Of Heart With Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 08, 2014
Kc3000:
Roaches, as he is fondly called in PDP circles, is a decent governor. Now, I'm not speaking from the vantage point of an indigene, but peeping out from the factory of sadness known as Abia, I see an Imo governor that is doing okay. However misguided his politics at the national level might seem to some, he has not become as raucous and desperate as Amaechi has become. I can't wish the debacle in Abia on my brothers in Imo, so if Rochas is doing okay, retain him regardless of his party affiliations. In Nigerian politricks, the individual's desire to serve the people matters more than the party he/she belongs to.
who are you to accuse Amaechi of desperation? Are you a Rivers indigen? Is Amaechi responsible for you? My friend stay on your lane

10 Likes

Re: I've Had A Change Of Heart With Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 08, 2014
Rochas is a criminal he have no place in Douglas house next year

3 Likes

Re: I've Had A Change Of Heart With Rochas Okorocha by Rijes: 8:14am On Oct 08, 2014
Idiotic group of pple..... Hired warriors.
Rochas z only aw fool hu has failed himself...
He know dat he will fail dat z y he campaign anywhere he goes. Charly boy nd mbaise will continue to disgrace him.
I live @ imo .
Let watch 2015

3 Likes

Re: I've Had A Change Of Heart With Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 08, 2014
dazey:
Rochas is a criminal he have no place in Douglas house next year
yeye d smell..
Re: I've Had A Change Of Heart With Rochas Okorocha by Rijes: 8:17am On Oct 08, 2014
berem:
Whoever says Rochas is not transforming Imo state is either intentionally ignorant or has pure hatred for him because of his party affiliation. I seem to wonder why he's been hated by his own people while non-igbos love him so much.

Non ibo luv him because non ibo hate ibos nd luv does hu hate ibos..... Come 2015 he will b given a bag of tissue 2 dust his tears

2 Likes

Re: I've Had A Change Of Heart With Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 08, 2014
If voting for Okorocha in 2011 was a
mistake,that is if indeed it was a
mistake,may
we make the same mistake again come

7 Likes

Re: I've Had A Change Of Heart With Rochas Okorocha by valicious1(m): 8:44am On Oct 08, 2014
berem:

And whoever says Rochas is doing any work in Imo state is either an unrepentant enemy of progress or has a pure undiluted hatred for imo state and imo people.
I stopped taking you serious in any of your comments pertaining Rochas and imo state ever since I got to know that you don't even stay in or near Imo state, you stay in faraway Lagos and the things you say concerning Imo state are based solely on hearsay. I would advice you come over and see things for yourself, those scales that has made you blind would immediately fall off.

4 Likes

Re: I've Had A Change Of Heart With Rochas Okorocha by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:47am On Oct 08, 2014
Well, I aint from Imo, so if u guys wanted him again, take him in..wetin concern me?

1 Like

Re: I've Had A Change Of Heart With Rochas Okorocha by chimerase2: 8:51am On Oct 08, 2014
Rochas has been ok in regards to building skuls all over imo state
Re: I've Had A Change Of Heart With Rochas Okorocha by maestroferddi: 9:13am On Oct 08, 2014
Rochas' sole miscalculation is joining the APC. He is apparently swimming against the tide.

He needs to sort himself out quickly before it is too late or else his political relevance might not extend beyond being the governor of Imo State.
Re: I've Had A Change Of Heart With Rochas Okorocha by valicious1(m): 9:43am On Oct 08, 2014
berem:

And whoever says Rochas is doing any work in Imo state is either an unrepentant enemy of progress or has a pure undiluted hatred for imo state and imo people.
I stopped taking you serious in any of your comments pertaining Rochas and imo state ever since I got to know that you don't even stay in or near Imo state, you stay in faraway Lagos and the things you say concerning Imo state are based solely on hearsay. I would advice you come over and see things for yourself, those scales that has made you blind would immediately fall off.

2 Likes

Re: I've Had A Change Of Heart With Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 08, 2014
valicious1:

do I need to live in Imo State to know what's happening in the state? If you live in Imo State,why do you always post pictures of only the bad roads in Imo and fail to post pictures of the good ones done by Rochas? You're a Rochas hater so your advice is irrelevant to me.
Re: I've Had A Change Of Heart With Rochas Okorocha by Kessyy2k4(m): 10:10am On Oct 08, 2014
berem:
do I need to live in Imo State to know what's happening in the state? If you live in Imo State,why do you always post pictures of only the bad roads in Imo and fail to post pictures of the good ones done by Rochas? You're a Rochas hater so your advice is irrelevant to me.
correct yan jara! ma sis. Charlie boy disgrace@ his Dad burial against okorocha, thinking he has serve has toothless PDP political Dog. this shuld nt make u guy condemn the good work he has done.
Re: I've Had A Change Of Heart With Rochas Okorocha by Mujinho4b(m): 11:01am On Oct 08, 2014
Passing noni!!"
Re: I've Had A Change Of Heart With Rochas Okorocha by Ikengawo: 12:10pm On Oct 08, 2014
So far i see he has tarred previously untarred roads, free education, new markets and new schools. Imo people also feel gov is on their side and morale is high. Rochas has tried
Re: I've Had A Change Of Heart With Rochas Okorocha by focus7: 12:24pm On Oct 08, 2014
Ikengawo:
I was formerly against him, but in 3 years I can now see that his heart and mind is in the development of Imo state and he's doing all the right things! I'm very impressed with the increase in profile Owerri has received and truly see that he's doing more for other places in Imo than past governors. Him joining APC no longer concerns me. Ohakim supported Yar' Adua over GEJ when Yar' Adua was already dead and his wife was holding the constitution for ransom, so the whole 'siding with the north' thing is flimsy and weak. Compared to all the other governors in the east he shows more capacity to think for himself than someone like Orji who needless to say is just a creature. I tip my hat to Chime Sullivan, my favorite eastern governor, and see that Obiano is great too. Rochas is doing remarkably in Imo. My primary concern is a return in INDUSTRY. For the first time in decades my village is receiving state government attention, so there's nothing left to complain about.

I would also like to mention that the pack of jackals PDP is presenting for it's primaries is a disgrace and I hope that good prevails and keeps Okorocha in power until PDP in Imo state stops being a pot belly mafia
Ikengawo, the chief bias himself is enlightened. It is true they say the only thing that is constant is change, so welcome bro.
Re: I've Had A Change Of Heart With Rochas Okorocha by focus7: 12:37pm On Oct 08, 2014
Ikengawo:
Right. Okorocha is a very ridiculous person but hes not not that bad as a governor. Im a pdp support without a doubt buy the pdp in imo is worst than apc because theyre all poor men looking for a chance to get rich quick. Total lack of leadership. Okorocha is ridiculous but hes a leader. He wants to be president and wont compromise that ambition which compared to other ihbo leaders who are total for sale is a great thing. Okorocha is corrupt but sadly idk if we as a country can do better so for now hes ok.
if Okorocha is corrupt what should we say about Jonathan who for just 4years in power has amassed for himself $100m. Remember also that as you said, Okorocha was never a poor man before he became a governor and for the record this man has been spending his personal funds to affect the society before coming to power something that cannot be said of many politicians in Nigeria.
Re: I've Had A Change Of Heart With Rochas Okorocha by Curlieweed: 1:04pm On Oct 08, 2014
focus7:
if Okorocha is corrupt what should we say about Jonathan who for just 4years in power has amassed for himself $100m. Remember also that as you said, Okorocha was never a poor man before he became a governor and for the record this man has been spending his personal funds to affect the society before coming to power something that cannot be said of many politicians in Nigeria.

Regarding the highlighted, we have a good idea about how some of that money was made.

--
The head of the National Airport Management Authority (NAMA), Rochas Okorocha, was caught and dismissed for embezzling about $1 million through an inflated contract; Obasanjo then appointed him as a senior aide, without requiring Okorocha to repay the stolen funds. Okorocha was
eventually fired on July 13 in a cabinet reshuffle, but went on to start a political party for his renewed presidential ambitions.

This is the same criminal my brother is having a change of heart to.
Re: I've Had A Change Of Heart With Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 08, 2014
Curlieweed:

Regarding the highlighted, we have a good idea about how some of that money was made.

--

This is the same criminal my brother is having a change of heart to.
so was it from the $1million that he used in financing his Rochas Foundation Colleges and funding his philanthropic projects and solely financing Action Alliance?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zahra Buhari's Reaction To The Rain Falling In Lagos. It Might Shock You / Riot Ongoing In Oyo Town / Biafra: Awolowo, Murtala Muhammad Were Murderers Not Heroes - Kemi Olunloyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.