Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,129 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners (21583 Views)

Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? / Setting Up A Computer Business Centre In Lagos / Setting Up A Cybercafe: Detailed Requirements Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by jmoore(m): 7:45am On Aug 28, 2015
Whynot1:
Jmoore, Kaysy and others, I'm still waiting. I implore you guys to provide me with details of the following:

1. How to start online registration services.
2. How to obtain exam scratch cards.
3. Whether it's ok to use thin clients or desktops.
4. Whether I should open business centre instead of cyber cafe.

If you internet connection you can do any online reg.

I am not into scratch card yet, but you can get then from offices of the examination bodies in bulk if they are close to you.

Desktop computer should be ok, use flat screen monitors.

Combine business centre and cybercafe.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by makazona(m): 11:05pm On Sep 02, 2015
I have opened my business center/cyber cafe. Small small we go dey go my people
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by chikeFavor2000(m): 12:08am On Sep 21, 2015
Why are you guys going for desktop computers, I think laptops will be better in energy consumption and usability

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by Hayyee2002: 10:54am On Jul 09, 2016
Hi guys. Nairaland is a place where you can find almost anything these days. I appreciate you guys.

Please advice me on best printers to use for business centre, bearing cheaper cost of maintenance (cartridge replacement or refill).

Anyone have good ideas to share about Direct Imaging printing?

Thanks all.
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by segzeeboy: 6:08pm On Jul 10, 2016
Hayyee2002:
Hi guys. Nairaland is a place where you can find almost anything these days. I appreciate you guys.

Please advice me on best printers to use for business centre, bearing cheaper cost of maintenance (cartridge replacement or refill).

Anyone have good ideas to share about Direct Imaging printing?

Thanks all.
Go For Laserjet Printer. We Have 3 In 1 Black And White That Is Not More Than 30k. Then We Have Laserjet Color Printer That Is Not More Than 45k. Laserjet Cost To Buy But Easy To Maintain And Also Durable And Reduce Cost Of Runing

1 Like

Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by Hayyee2002: 8:34pm On Jul 12, 2016
segzeeboy:
Go For Laserjet Printer. We Have 3 In 1 Black And White That Is Not More Than 30k. Then We Have Laserjet Color Printer That Is Not More Than 45k. Laserjet Cost To Buy But Easy To Maintain And Also Durable And Reduce Cost Of Runing

Thank you sir
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by warrenweste(m): 9:46pm On Jul 12, 2016
chikeFavor2000:
Why are you guys going for desktop computers, I think laptops will be better in energy consumption and usability

Yh I think mini laptop is the real deal
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by mrintelligent(m): 11:09am On Aug 08, 2016
Hello Fellow Business Centre Operators,

I just opened a business centre and I will fully start operation tomorrow. Please I need you to guide me with price list for the below items.

@Nobody, Flakky26, artisticallyart, jmoore, Kaysy, whynot1, segzeeboy and others. Please help me the fees to charge/chargeable (generally) for these services.

1- Typing and Printing
2- Printing only (Black & White)
3- Printing only (Coloured)
4- Colored photocopy
5- Scanning
6- Laminating
7- Online Registration
8- Result Checking & Printing
9- Spiral Binding
10- Computer Training

Your prompt response would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by segzeeboy: 9:25pm On Aug 14, 2016
mrintelligent:
Hello Fellow Business Centre Operators,

I just opened a business centre and I will fully start operation tomorrow. Please I need you to guide me with price list for the below items.

@Nobody, Flakky26, artisticallyart, jmoore, Kaysy, whynot1, segzeeboy and others. Please help me the fees to charge/chargeable (generally) for these services.

1- Typing and Printing 150 per page, generator 200
2- Printing only (Black & White) 100
3- Printing only (Coloured) 200
4- Colored photocopy 100
5- Scanning 100
6- Laminating; 150
7- Online Registration 500 to 1000
8- Result Checking & Printing 500
9- Spiral Binding 300 to 500
10- Computer Training 10000

Your prompt response would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

4- Colored photocopy 100
5- Scanning 100
6- Laminating; 150

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by mrintelligent(m): 5:50am On Aug 15, 2016
Thanks. I really appreciate

segzeeboy:

4- Colored photocopy 100
5- Scanning 100
6- Laminating; 150
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by Pidggin(f): 6:00am On Aug 15, 2016
segzeeboy:

4- Colored photocopy 100
5- Scanning 100
6- Laminating; 150

How long is the computer training and on what softwares? Thanks in advance
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by pimpguy11(m): 12:20am On Aug 22, 2016
Whynot1:
I'm almost ready to open my cyber cafe. The shop I've will contain about 20 computers, but I'll start with only 5 computers with the intention to expend later. Jmoore, Kaysy and others, please provide me with details of how I can go into the sales of exam scratch cards and online registration services. What is the process of obtaining the scratch cards? Before offering the online registrations, do I need to register with exam bodies like JAMB and WAEC and organisations like the Immigration and the Army? As for the computers, is it ok if I use thin clients instead of desktops? Kaysy warned everybody to stay away from cyber cafe business and he emphasized that business centre is the real deal. Please, what do you guys think of that? Is he right, or do you think he was not doing some right when he was running the cafe business?

You are too funny what brought immigration and the army?
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by segzeeboy: 8:39am On Aug 22, 2016
[quote author=Pidggin post=48489766][/quote]
the diploma training usually lasted for 2 months, and it is called diploma in data processing which includes, computer fundamentals, typing skills, ms word,ms excel and pagemaker. we also have diploma in desktop publishing for 2 months which includes, comp fundamental, typing skill,ms powerpoint, coreldraw, photoshop and corel photopaint
now combination of d two is called diploma in infoemation technology which is 3 months training

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by mrintelligent(m): 4:26pm On Oct 23, 2016
Fellow Operators!

Please I'm having difficulty in registering people for this NYSC. I got hooked at the fingerprint section. The system detect my fingerprint scanner but will not just capture their thumb whenever we get to that point.

Please, Help me out.

Thanks
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by Mpyaw: 11:40pm On Jan 03, 2017
segzeeboy:

4- Colored photocopy 100
5- Scanning 100
6- Laminating; 150
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by techcloud(m): 3:16am On Jan 04, 2017
Wonderful thread.
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by techcloud(m): 5:10pm On Jan 12, 2017
Hello. Can someone advise on the type of printer, scanner and photocopier that's good for this kind of business.

I heard deskjet printers ain't economical.

I saw some officejet printers on jumia. 3in1 printer that can print, scan and copy. Is this type of printer okay? What's the difference between HP officejet, laserjet and deskjet. Which can you recommend?

Please guys with experience in the house. I need your advice and recommendations as to the type of printer, copier and scanner to use.

Are three in one Printers okay. if yes, which one can you recommend?
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by darexkey(m): 8:22pm On Jan 12, 2017
techcloud:
Hello. Can someone advise on the type of printer, scanner and photocopier that's good for this kind of business.

I heard deskjet printers ain't economical.

I saw some officejet printers on jumia. 3in1 printer that can print, scan and copy. Is this type of printer okay? What's the difference between HP officejet, laserjet and deskjet. Which can you recommend?

Please guys with experience in the house. I need your advice and recommendations as to the type of printer, copier and scanner to use.

Are three in one Printers okay. if yes, which one can you recommend?

check my thread on https://www.nairaland.com/3561074/computer-business-centre-owners-intending you have the answer to your question
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by techcloud(m): 8:54pm On Jan 12, 2017
darexkey:

check my thread on https://www.nairaland.com/3561074/computer-business-centre-owners-intending you have the answer to your question

Thanks bro
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by ArcToyin(m): 11:41am On Mar 03, 2018
jmoore:

Geographical location matters. Don't expect much from internet browsing because most Nigerians access the internet with their mobile devices.
Other services like recharge card printing can increase your revenue.

Please ask your friend how much he charges for computer training?
Is there much profit in recharge card printing?
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by darexkey(m): 8:14am On Apr 05, 2018
Check out our business plans rates and features here: http://darbotechub.com/business-plan-offer/
you can connect with us on whatsapp 07039359066
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by castrol180(m): 1:24pm On Jan 14, 2019
Please more information, I just want to start my own business centre combined with tutorial centre (registered) but how can I start the business centre with as little as 100k...your kind advice is needed
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by TheAlchemist: 3:21am On May 14, 2019
castrol180:
Please more information, I just want to start my own business centre combined with tutorial centre (registered) but how can I start the business centre with as little as 100k...your kind advice is needed

Hope you have started and how is the experience so far.
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by joeyreports: 2:44pm On Nov 19, 2019
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by NiceClick(m): 2:26pm On Apr 13, 2020
Good day all,

I'm Solomon Emeka.

I reside at Port Harcourt...

As of last month, I started a computer business center and Cafe services. (I never intend to start up this business, I was looking at Bet9ja Agent - but when they rejected my application, I decided to go into Computer Business centre and Cyber cafe since I've already bought some systems.

Now, for the past 1 month, I haven't received up to N1,500 from the biz except N10,000 I charge two students for 1 month lesson.

The guy that I put in the business, (I'm an employee) turn the office to his refinery - collecting N100 from a lot of children telling them to come and learn computer, and none of this money is been recorded. When I found out, I'm left with no option other than to drop him.

I started the biz with
3 Dell latitude D630 (fairly used)
Lenovo desktop (fairly used)
Hp deskjet 2620 (new one) three in 1 printer
HP LaserJet 1006 (fairly used) black and white
Camon digital camera
The shop is fully networked for cafe services
Looking at getting some other things
Like:
Spiral binder, laminator and ID card printer

Now, I'm thinking of quiting my job and going into the business fully. However, it seems that the biz is not in a marketplace.

I'm looking at, if moving to school environment will be okay. I don't mind moving out of the state.

At the same time, what part of Igbo states will cost of living and shops at Campus environment be relatively cheap.

Any suggestions aside Igbo states are much welcomed.
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by 50power: 2:39pm On Apr 13, 2020
Nice service but for more customers, list your service on https://www.nairakobo.com.ng/
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by SimeonOTC(m): 2:45pm On Sep 13, 2020
good day all..

please for as many of you that went into the business, how is thing? its be really long..

are guys still in the business? how far has it gone? as am about to venture into it..
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by SimeonOTC(m): 4:11am On Feb 19, 2021
jmoore:
I recently opened my computer business centre. I like to learn a few things about the operation, in terms of services to be rendered and cost etc.

I hope others can learn from this thread.

smiley

hello bro..
its been long..

please if you are still available ,please quote me back..we need to talk please.
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by SimeonOTC(m): 10:03am On Nov 23, 2023
jmoore:
I recently opened my computer business centre. I like to learn a few things about the operation, in terms of services to be rendered and cost etc.

I hope others can learn from this thread.

smiley

Greetings bro.
How far with your business centre?
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by jmoore(m): 10:57am On Nov 23, 2023
SimeonOTC:

Greetings bro.
How far with your business centre?
I lost interest in it. I am into phone accessories. But the computer business is good if you are in a good location.
Re: Thread For Computer Business Centre/cybercafe Owners by SimeonOTC(m): 11:14am On Nov 23, 2023
jmoore:

I lost interest in it. I am into phone accessories. But the computer business is good if you are in a good location.

Alright..good to know you are still into something 👍

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dufil Prima Foods, Makers Of Indomie Noodles Takes Over Dangote Noodles. / Central Bank Of Nigeria Commences Sale Of Chinese Yuan / CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.