Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,633 members, 7,958,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:43 AM

Important Safety Recall Information From HP - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Important Safety Recall Information From HP (14695 Views)

A must read for your computer safety! Stop Sharing Usb Flash Drives / Help: How Can Someone Copy Information From A Bad Cd? / Hp Battery Recall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Important Safety Recall Information From HP by Ajibam: 1:15am On Oct 09, 2014
guess am safe,mine is LS-18
Re: Important Safety Recall Information From HP by Nosyke(m): 1:16am On Oct 09, 2014
That's a good one from HP. It's good big organizations like HP are taking responsibilities for their actions/inactions.
Re: Important Safety Recall Information From HP by valmunich(m): 1:18am On Oct 09, 2014
priscaoge:

Lol.... They call it Inspiron 3521(Not too sure about that num shaa undecided undecided,was just a gift)
cool cool

I use an inspiron too 5040

1 Like

Re: Important Safety Recall Information From HP by Odunharry(m): 1:18am On Oct 09, 2014
priscaoge:
Lol.... My Lappy isn't HP undecided

#TeamDell
i wan buy am how much
Re: Important Safety Recall Information From HP by Nobody: 1:19am On Oct 09, 2014
adewasco2k:
So i got this mail few days ago.

I have checked and really my old HP was affected, filled the form and i was sent a mail that they will ship me a new chord in 5 to 10 business day.

if you check and you are affected, you can request for a replacement cord also BUT please we shouldn't abuse it

thanks for this good business idea. that is why I like nairaland
Re: Important Safety Recall Information From HP by priscaoge(f): 1:22am On Oct 09, 2014
valmunich:

cool cool

I use an inspiron too 5040

cool cool cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Important Safety Recall Information From HP by priscaoge(f): 1:23am On Oct 09, 2014
Odunharry:

i wan buy am how much

Lol.... I don't sell Lappy Dear, the one I have now was a gift cool cool

1 Like

Re: Important Safety Recall Information From HP by Odunharry(m): 1:30am On Oct 09, 2014
priscaoge:

Lol.... I don't sell Lappy Dear, the one I have now was a gift cool cool
i want it
Re: Important Safety Recall Information From HP by DICKtator: 3:12am On Oct 09, 2014
adewasco2k:

I have checked and really my old HP was affected, filled the form and i was sent a mail that they will ship me a new chord in 5 to 10 business day.

if you check and you are affected, you can request for a replacement cord also BUT please we shouldn't abuse it

Thanks so much for this info.
I have had this consistent problem with my power pack and I have been wondering what could be wrong
Anytime it is plugged,it always affect the mouse making it hard to move but once I remove the cord,it works fine!!
This is a laudable one for HP?
Heard they wanna break up to be more strategic in their business dealings
Good luck to them!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Important Safety Recall Information From HP by kazmanbanjoko(m): 5:39am On Oct 09, 2014
I no understand oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Important Safety Recall Information From HP by inze(m): 6:21am On Oct 09, 2014
Lol,

My HP Envy adapter falls among the category but after filling every other part of the form, am still getting the "please provide postal code" notification even after including it.
Re: Important Safety Recall Information From HP by adewasco2k(m): 6:43am On Oct 09, 2014
inze:
Lol,

My HP Envy adapter falls among the category but after filling every other part of the form, am still getting the "please provide postal code" notification even after including it.

I had the same issue, i hacked through, if you are using chrome browser just right click on the input to type in zip/postal code, then you will see id="bla bla bla" just alter the text "bla bla bla" (i can remember the text..something like UrZipCode) change to to any thing or just remove one letter from it then click submit.

NB. if you are using mozilla and you cant see the inspect element then you will need to install a plugin called firebug
Re: Important Safety Recall Information From HP by lawrenceunaa: 6:48am On Oct 09, 2014
Ok
Re: Important Safety Recall Information From HP by Ignyte(m): 6:52am On Oct 09, 2014
hmmm, ma cord don lost na all dis chinese version i dey use........

Ama click d link tho
Re: Important Safety Recall Information From HP by kaliyu97(m): 7:11am On Oct 09, 2014
Thank God mine is not affected! shocked

1 Like

Re: Important Safety Recall Information From HP by Uchwilliam(m): 8:09am On Oct 09, 2014
Wow i was affected badly i will fill the form
Re: Important Safety Recall Information From HP by inze(m): 8:34am On Oct 09, 2014
kaliyu97:
Thank God mine is not affected! shocked

Don't jump yet,

Select "No" for the second option and input your Adapter "CT Number"
Re: Important Safety Recall Information From HP by Chadso(m): 8:46am On Oct 09, 2014
kristonium:
Guess what?
Today is my birthday!
Make una celebrate me small na!
e no easy..na baba God!
Happy Birthday bruh!. Long life and prosperity..

1 Like

Re: Important Safety Recall Information From HP by leofab(f): 9:50am On Oct 09, 2014
I bought a HP DM IV BEAT AUDIO customized from one of the vendor here in nairaland and after two weeks; the major keys in the keyboard stop working and I have to connect external keyboard to the laptop to use it and even the sensor board don't function at times. Could this be part of the problems?
Re: Important Safety Recall Information From HP by adewasco2k(m): 10:27am On Oct 09, 2014
leofab:
I bought a HP DM IV BEAT AUDIO customized from one of the vendor here in nairaland and after two weeks; the major keys in the keyboard stop working and I have to connect external keyboard to the laptop to use it and even the sensor board don't function at times. Could this be part of the problems?

you bought it and you had a problem with in in 2 weeks and you didnt return it?

please hire me
Re: Important Safety Recall Information From HP by nenergy(m): 10:37am On Oct 09, 2014
Mine is LS 18. Ose baba grin
Re: Important Safety Recall Information From HP by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 10:48am On Oct 09, 2014
DICKtator:

Thanks so much for this info.
I have had this consistent problem with my power pack and I have been wondering what could be wrong
Anytime it is plugged,it always affect the mouse making it hard to move but once I remove the cord,it works fine!!
Change the power pack. The one you're using is not compatible with your laptop (talking from experience). Make sure you test the new power pack on your laptop before paying for it.
Re: Important Safety Recall Information From HP by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 10:54am On Oct 09, 2014
adewasco2k:

Good initiative from Hp.
Now what is the fate of those who use 'China' power cord? (N150 - N400 cables)
Re: Important Safety Recall Information From HP by polarman(m): 11:03am On Oct 09, 2014
kenbee:
Oh boy, fashi HP cause Nigeria is not inclusive. Toyota dey recall cars cause of design error, How many have U seen recalled from Naija road?

Hello Kenbee, Nigeria is inclusive. When we ran a check in my office, we saw a lot of power cords affected and we filled the forms but up until now, we have not seen the replacement power cords.
Re: Important Safety Recall Information From HP by okunfemm(m): 11:07am On Oct 09, 2014
Noted but dats a costly mistake by HP
Re: Important Safety Recall Information From HP by kwenu: 11:40am On Oct 09, 2014
i will never buy Hp products again, i bought their e all in one printer 3512, i used it and for one day and the next day it was telling me, albout sleepmode, till now its not been useful to me, whenever i power it on noting displays on the control panel, except light on the power button

i regret purchasing that printer from them

now the place where i bought the printer, they seem not wanting to replace another one for me but they say they shall contact hp service centre, till now i m still waiting
Re: Important Safety Recall Information From HP by odusbanty1(m): 11:56am On Oct 09, 2014
kristonium:
Guess what?
Today is my birthday!
Make una celebrate me small na!
e no easy..na baba God!

Happy birthday dude may God increase you physically , spiritually and morally to poses ur possession

1 Like

Re: Important Safety Recall Information From HP by sweetgala(m): 12:42pm On Oct 09, 2014
kenbee:
Oh boy, fashi HP cause Nigeria is not inclusive. Toyota dey recall cars cause of design error, How many have U seen recalled from Naija road?

If you but from a registered dealer it can be recalled
Re: Important Safety Recall Information From HP by sweetgala(m): 12:43pm On Oct 09, 2014
kenbee:

If you but from a registered dealership it can be recalled
Re: Important Safety Recall Information From HP by OmolodMilkman93(m): 1:38pm On Oct 09, 2014
Mine is affected too. Has anyone in Nigeria received a replacement?
Re: Important Safety Recall Information From HP by adewasco2k(m): 2:05pm On Oct 09, 2014
OmolodMilkman93:
Mine is affected too. Has anyone in Nigeria received a replacement?

No body yet because its not up to the 10 days they estimated.

If after 2 weeks and none gets it then we can start saying they failed to deliver it to us

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How to identify a fake(china) HP Laptop? / FG Enforces Ban On Foreign Computers: HP, LG & Samsung To Lose / Sites Like Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.