Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead (36642 Views)

Unknown Patient In National Hospital, Abuja (photo) / River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt / Treating America's First Ebola Patients (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by Richy4(m): 8:53am On Oct 09, 2014
PapiWata:

Thank you for your polite response Ricky. Now I have an equally polite question for you to answer : What is your HONEST opinion about Mr. Patrick Soiler, the bio-terrorist who brought the Ebola virus to Nigeria, on its first visit ? Your HONEST take on that man's actions is what I want to hear.

In the case of Mr Patrick,his action was reckless.

There was nothing to justify his action. especially when you are outside Nigeria during lunch, a coworker will seat close and ask, "Oh I saw on news EBOLA is in Nigeria. bla bla bla" I Admit i do feel bad but I will not go about saying he should rot in hell.

Who am i to judge my fellow human? when all we do is make bad decisions and wrong choices.
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by dinggle: 8:54am On Oct 09, 2014
1. To dumb fvckers get your lines straight, Eric Duncan was no American citizen neither had he previously lived in America! he left from Liberia's refugee camp in Ghana to Liberia after the civil war.
2. There is nothing to show he knew the woman he helped died of Ebola, neighbours in his village confirmed to CNN he was unaware the woman was dead or even died of Ebola, remember the woman was pregnant...many thought was it pregnancy sickness.
3. Liberia govt in a bid to protect themselves threw Eric under the bus without due investigation with dates and events. e.g (i) When the pregnant woman fell ill, when it was confirmed she had Ebola and when she died (ii) Date Eric left Liberia (iii) How many people in the village knew she had Ebola before she died.
4. Liberia's govt sentenced Eric Duncan to death by calling for his conviction while battling for his life.
5. They denied him his right of innocent until proven guilty in by a competent court of law.
6. State of Texas used Liberia govt allegation to shift their blame on Eric and cover their goof, ignored him and left him for dead after all he was already a criminal in the eyes of the Liberia govt.
7. The family should not only sue the State of Texas they should also sue the govt of Liberia in an international court.
8. Why did Liberia allow Americans to drop infected chimps on monkey Island after a failed research in the USA that cause Ebola outbreak in Virginia?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69LDbyl4Xjs

Say no to American govt coming to the African continent any thing they touch turns to war and disease.

2 Likes

Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by omoharry(f): 8:55am On Oct 09, 2014
PapiWata:
Good riddance to a very nasty boi-terrorist. This selfish and reckless man, Thomas Eric Dickhead, was in PERFECT health living in his adopted home-land of America. Next thing you know this fool decides to VISIT Liberia, his country of origin, DESPITE the rampaging Ebola epidemic killing one thousand souls a month there. Trouble dey sleep hin own je-je, before yanga come go wake am.

In Liberia on his voluntary vacation at Ebola ground-zero, the naturalized American citizen cum-bio-terrorist KNOWINGLY assisted a very sick woman, making physical contact with her in the process, and thus contracting Ebola himself. Now hiding his self-imposed death sentence by Ebola infection, this horrid person LIED at the airport at the time of his return to the US, when asked if he had made contact with ANY sick person while in Liberia.

Obviously, the now now-dead Liberian bio-terrorist was an under-achiever as an immigrant to America, because he had no medical coverage, and likely expected FREE treatment for his Ebola illness, followed possibly by 15 minutes of world fame as he charged big money for press interviews. Well, all those dastardly plans came to nothing, and the bio-terrorist was simply allowed to die, with treatment deliberately and rightfully DENIED him, until he croaked like the worthless scum-bag that he is.

Mr. Thomas Eric Dumbfuck, I hope you are enjoying your eternity as a charcoal shovel-wielding slave amid the fiery pits of deepest hell. May your wicked soul rot forever there, and may your memory be erased from the minds of all decent people like a bad dream at the break of dawn. To all other Liberians hoping to run to America for FREE Ebola treatment, let the fate of your role model be a lesson, to show the world there is NO free lunch. Stay the hell IN Liberia, and stop trying to spread that nasty disease. Head to America with that chit, and you WILL be left to die like the free-loading sack of excrement that you are.
Haba! na so you dey vex?.Take am easy na; na waoooooo!!! the man don die, just pray for his soul to rest in peace.
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by abatically(m): 8:59am On Oct 09, 2014
PapiWata:

You are so entertaining when you shriek like a baby. When bio-terrorist Patrick Sawyer took Ebola to Nigeria from Liberia, the entire readership of this forum was up in arms, cursing Mr. Sawyer, and bidding him a quick journey to hell. When Nigeria's history is updated post-Armageddon, Mr. Patrick Soiler will be reviled as the most comprehensively evil individual ever to set foot in Nigeria

Now that another IDENTICAL bio-terrorist Mr. Duncan Dickhead did the SAME thing as did Mr. Soiler, by taking Ebola to the USA this time, all of a sudden there is a DRASTIC change in the tune being sung by those who had moments earlier been unified in their condemnation of the bio-terrorist that invaded Nigeria, with the NEW chorus warbling discordantly that it is NOT such a bad thing to infect the United States with Ebola, since that great nation is universally hated by Nigerians with almost the same intensity as the loathing they reserve for Nigerians whose tribal languages differ from their own.

Stew in your hate, and choke on it, for those of you who condemn the bio-terrorist who attacked Nigeria, while praising the one that attacked the Unite States, are of no greater significance to me than a watery bowel movement performed by a mad hyena out on the Serengeti Plains. In other words, if you think "God" forbids the spread of Ebola in Nigeria, yet you delight in seeing the disease arrive in America, then the very "God" that you purport to worship is none other than old Lucifer himself -- the Price of Darkness, and dispatcher of the the Pale Horseman.

Once again, and with all humility, PHUCK you, and may YOU PERSONALLY rot in hell, if you happen to like the idea of Ebola spreading anywhere on this green planet, beyond its already terrifying footprint of mass death.

You have spoken well. Lots of folks here are double standards, condemning sawyer for bringing Ebola to Nigeria, and then turn around and still blame America for letting Mr Duncan die when he took the virus to America. WTF is wrong with my people?

1 Like

Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 09, 2014
[quote author=PapiWata.[/quote] Dude,you shouldn't compare Duncan with Patrick Sawyer.I was like you once until I heard the true story.
Duncan didn't know he had Ebola.He didn't develop symptoms till he had been in Dallas for 2 days.Duncan also told the nurse he came from Liberia but said he had no contact with an Ebola patient because he didn't know the pregnant lady he helped was suffering from Ebola instead of pregnancy-related complications.
Patrick Sawyer on the other hand,knew he had Ebola yet stupidly boarded a plane headed for Nigeria.If anyone should be called a bio-terrorist,It's Sawyer not Duncan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by omoharry(f): 9:04am On Oct 09, 2014
donnypool:

dude was a Liberian that applied for US visa to visit his girlfriend/family members
AND I BELIEVE YOU ARE AN AMERICAN CITIZEN. WELL, SINCE YOU ARE AN AMERICAN NEGRO FOR I BELIEVE YOU ARE NOT A WHITE AMERICAN. I THINK YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THE SLEEPLESS NIGHT YOU WOULD HAVE, WHEN YOU HAVE FAMILIES IN AREAS WHERE THERE IS EPIDEMIC SUCH AS EBOLA, THAT MIGHT PROBABLY AFFECT THEM. DO YOU KNOW IF THAT WOMAN HE HELP WAS SOME ONE HE KNEW. AFRICAN LIVE IN A CLOSE KNITTED SOCIETY.CALM DOWN AND STOP THE HATE SPEECH.
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by psp2pc(m): 9:05am On Oct 09, 2014
If duncan was cured in the US.am 100% sure. All ebola victims will find a way to smuggle or export themselves to the US for the cure. And that may be the beginning of an ebola apocalypse

1 Like

Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by omoharry(f): 9:05am On Oct 09, 2014
PapiWata:

dude was a Liberian that applied for US visa to visit his girlfriend/family members[/quote]AND I BELIEVE YOU ARE AN AMERICAN CITIZEN. WELL, SINCE YOU ARE AN AMERICAN NEGRO FOR I BELIEVE YOU ARE NOT A WHITE AMERICAN. I THINK YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THE SLEEPLESS NIGHT YOU WOULD HAVE, WHEN YOU HAVE FAMILIES IN AREAS WHERE THERE IS EPIDEMIC SUCH AS EBOLA, THAT MIGHT PROBABLY AFFECT THEM. DO YOU KNOW IF THAT WOMAN HE HELP WAS SOME ONE HE KNEW. AFRICAN LIVE IN A CLOSE KNITTED SOCIETY.CALM DOWN AND STOP THE HATE SPEECH.
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by omoharry(f): 9:08am On Oct 09, 2014
[quote author=PapiWata post=26975554]
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by abatically(m): 9:10am On Oct 09, 2014
quid:

You should be more worried that USA has a drug for Ebola but is playing serious racial politics with the drug

What makes u think US has the drug? Because they saved their 2 doctors with an experimental drug? The same drug that didn't work on the Spaniard? What the US have is an experimental drug and its potency hasn't been confirmed, it might work on Mr A and might not work on Mr B so it is not safe to say they have the drug for Ebola... At least not yet.

If u think they have the drug then it is also safe to say Nigeria also have the drug for Ebola since we also fought and eradicated the disease in Nigeria. So going by ur logic, are u trying to say it is safe for people from Liberia to start flooding Nigeria because we have the cure for Ebola? If u think the man didn't do wrong for taking the disease to usa then no one should ever cause sawyer as he did the same thing.
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by GIFTEDPLANNERS(m): 9:13am On Oct 09, 2014
[color=][/color]America wasn't ready like Naija and let's see if he did it intentional like his brother did to Naija making sure he has a first class contact wit others in Naija. If this duncan did it intentionally he will pee and spat on others and tru up too on others. Let's watch and see American health systemAmerica wasn't ready like Naija and let's see if he did it intentional like his brother did to Naija making sure he has a first class contact wit others in Naija. If this duncan did it intentionally he will pee and spat on others and tru up too on others. Let's watch and see American health systemAmerica wasn't ready like Naija and let's see if he did it intentional like his brother did to Naija making sure he has a first class contact wit others in Naija. If this duncan did it intentionally he will pee and spat on others and tru up too on others. Let's watch and see American health system
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by abatically(m): 9:19am On Oct 09, 2014
begwong:
Oga obama how market? upon say the zmapp drugs you saved for the americans no fit save one of your own this time around.You could have administered the Nigerian pesticide or salt on your citizen nah!
Mumu black pesido!

The man was a Liberian not an American. I guess u now know who the mumu is.
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by GHKWAME1: 9:22am On Oct 09, 2014
Its about time Africans stop blaming the west for their wahala and demand what is due them from their leaders.

Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 09, 2014
omoharry:
AND I BELIEVE YOU ARE AN AMERICAN CITIZEN. WELL, SINCE YOU ARE AN AMERICAN NEGRO FOR I BELIEVE YOU ARE NOT A WHITE AMERICAN. I THINK YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THE SLEEPLESS NIGHT YOU WOULD HAVE, WHEN YOU HAVE FAMILIES IN AREAS WHERE THERE IS EPIDEMIC SUCH AS EBOLA, THAT MIGHT PROBABLY AFFECT THEM. DO YOU KNOW IF THAT WOMAN HE HELP WAS SOME ONE HE KNEW. AFRICAN LIVE IN A CLOSE KNITTED SOCIETY.CALM DOWN AND STOP THE HATE SPEECH.

maam!! why you quoting the wrong message to me? and am a nigerian

1 Like

Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by Jerryolumide(m): 9:23am On Oct 09, 2014
AyLuxury:
Now folks are quick to blame the US government. Do people still read at all? Duncan lied, he had the fact that he was in contact with someone who had Ebola. It's not about race or someone being better than others.
He lied and as such, caused the delay in his treatment. Follow and actually read the articles about him.
Well, my condolences to the family.

Hmmm...FTC things. (dedicated to all Nigerian Ebola survivors).
no be so him brother wa cari am cum 9ja too ma lie?
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by omoharry(f): 9:26am On Oct 09, 2014
PapiWata:

You are so entertaining when you shriek like a baby. When bio-terrorist Patrick Sawyer took Ebola to Nigeria from Liberia, the entire readership of this forum was up in arms, cursing Mr. Sawyer, and bidding him a quick journey to hell. When Nigeria's history is updated post-Armageddon, Mr. Patrick Soiler will be reviled as the most comprehensively evil individual ever to set foot in Nigeria

Now that another IDENTICAL bio-terrorist Mr. Duncan Dickhead did the SAME thing as did Mr. Soiler, by taking Ebola to the USA this time, all of a sudden there is a DRASTIC change in the tune being sung by those who had moments earlier been unified in their condemnation of the bio-terrorist that invaded Nigeria, with the NEW chorus warbling discordantly that it is NOT such a bad thing to infect the United States with Ebola, since that great nation is universally hated by Nigerians with almost the same intensity as the loathing they reserve for Nigerians whose tribal languages differ from their own.

Stew in your hate, and choke on it, for those of you who condemn the bio-terrorist who attacked Nigeria, while praising the one that attacked the Unite States, are of no greater significance to me than a watery bowel movement performed by a mad hyena out on the Serengeti Plains. In other words, if you think "God" forbids the spread of Ebola in Nigeria, yet you delight in seeing the disease arrive in America, then the very "God" that you purport to worship is none other than old Lucifer himself -- the Price of Darkness, and dispatcher of the the Pale Horseman.

Once again, and with all humility, PHUCK you, and may YOU PERSONALLY rot in hell, if you happen to like the idea of Ebola spreading anywhere on this green planet, beyond its already terrifying footprint of mass death.
GOD! YOU ARE FILLED UP WITH SO MUCH HATE ALREADY, CALM DOWN.TWO THINGS HERE. SAWYERS KNEW HE HAD THE VIRUS AFTER HIS SISTER DIED OF IT SINCE HE WAS HER CARE-GIVER , HE INTENTIONALLY CAME TO NIGERIA FOR AN ECOWAS MEETING WHILE HE ALREADY STARTED DEVELOPING EBOLA SYMPTOMS. WHILE DUNCAN ON THE OTHER HAND, HELPED A LADY THAT LATER HAD EBOLA UNKNOWINGLY TO HIM AND NEVER DEVELOP ANY SYMPTOM TILL HE CAME TO THE STATE;ANALYSE ISSUE BEFORE SPILLING THIS HATE WORDS. BESIDE YOU CAN DO IT IN AN AMERICAN FORUM WHERE EVERY ONE FEELS THE SAME WAY LIKE YOU, AFTER ALL WHEN THIS ISSUE HAPPEN WE HAD TO DO IT IN A NIGERIA SITE AND NOT ON AMERICAN FORUM BECAUSE THEY WONT UNDERSTAND HOW WE FELT BACK THEN BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT IN OUR SHOES.TRY AND BE CIVIL IN YOUR WRITE-UP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by omoharry(f): 9:28am On Oct 09, 2014
donnypool:

maam!! why you quoting the wrong message to me? and am a nigerian
SORRY.It was meant for PAPIWATA
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 09, 2014
PapiWata:
Good riddance to a very nasty boi-terrorist. This selfish and reckless man, Thomas Eric Dickhead, was in PERFECT health living in his adopted home-land of America. Next thing you know this fool decides to VISIT Liberia, his country of origin, DESPITE the rampaging Ebola epidemic killing one thousand souls a month there. Trouble dey sleep hin own je-je, before yanga come go wake am.

In Liberia on his voluntary vacation at Ebola ground-zero, the naturalized American citizen cum-bio-terrorist KNOWINGLY assisted a very sick woman, making physical contact with her in the process, and thus contracting Ebola himself. Now hiding his self-imposed death sentence by Ebola infection, this horrid person LIED at the airport at the time of his return to the US, when asked if he had made contact with ANY sick person while in Liberia.

Obviously, the now now-dead Liberian bio-terrorist was an under-achiever as an immigrant to America, because he had no medical coverage, and likely expected FREE treatment for his Ebola illness, followed possibly by 15 minutes of world fame as he charged big money for press interviews. Well, all those dastardly plans came to nothing, and the bio-terrorist was simply allowed to die, with treatment deliberately and rightfully DENIED him, until he croaked like the worthless scum-bag that he is.

Mr. Thomas Eric Dumbfuck, I hope you are enjoying your eternity as a charcoal shovel-wielding slave amid the fiery pits of deepest hell. May your wicked soul rot forever there, and may your memory be erased from the minds of all decent people like a bad dream at the break of dawn. To all other Liberians hoping to run to America for FREE Ebola treatment, let the fate of your role model be a lesson, to show the world there is NO free lunch. Stay the hell IN Liberia, and stop trying to spread that nasty disease. Head to America with that chit, and you WILL be left to die like the free-loading sack of excrement that you are.

Take It easy. U must nt Cry more dan d bereaved undecided
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:35am On Oct 09, 2014
PointB:

Why all the hate?

For your information, Thomas Eric Duncan contracted the disease while helping a pregnant woman to a taxi. Little did he know that what he thought was pregnancy related complications was actually ebola symptoms.

He left Liberia for the US shortly after that incident, without knowing the fate of the pregnant woman, who reportedly later died of Ebola.
Thomas Duncan should be considered a hero, not a villain. But for the negligence of the Texan hospital officials, who dismissed him after giving him antibiotics, he would have survived!

Ebola: Is It A Proof Of Racism? - American Patient Called Radio Show For Help

Thomas Eric Duncan, the first person diagnosed with Ebola in the United States, received an experimental medicine nearly a week after being admitted into the hospital -- a far longer wait than experienced by four other Ebola patients treated in the United States.

"We feel he didn't get the medicine and treatment for the disease because he's African and they don't consider him as important as the other three," Josephus Weeks, Duncan's nephew, said at a press conference Tuesday afternoon.
https://www.nairaland.com/1938144/ebola-it-proof-racism-american#26956439
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by omoharry(f): 9:45am On Oct 09, 2014
AdannayaBella:
It’s amazing how people were here abusing Patrick Sawyer for knowingly putting Nigerians at risk, but now they are sympathetic to this guy because it wasn’t Nigeria he landed on.

This is simple. Because he lied about not being in contact with any Ebola patient, he did not receive timely treatment. We have learned that the timeliness of detection and treatment increases your chances. So why are we shocked?

All of a sudden, Duncan is a hero. Too many lunatics on this thread.

#Unfollows.
You guys just dont get it. Patrick Sawyer knew he had it because he was sickly already before boarding the plane to Nigeria. moreover, he was asked not leave country but he did, because was either in denial or wanted to confirm his status from Nigeria according to his wife; without any sense of safety in his heart. Mr Duncan was in America and did not know he had Ebola he even went to the clinic in the state that he was sick and was given drugs for relief. instead of you guys to blame the negligent of on the part of the American nurse and hospital that knew he came from Liberia so that he can be put him on red alert, you are only blaming the guy that did not know what he had until it started developing symptom while in America. So SAWYER AND DUNCAN CASES ARE TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE THAT BROUGHT EBOLA INTO NIGERIA AND AMERICA WITH DIFFERENT KNOWLEDGE OF THE SICKNESS IN THEIR HEART.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:51am On Oct 09, 2014
abatically:

What makes u think US has the drug? Because they saved their 2 doctors with an experimental drug? The same drug that didn't work on the Spaniard? What the US have is an experimental drug and its potency hasn't been confirmed, it might work on Mr A and might not work on Mr B so it is not safe to say they have the drug for Ebola... At least not yet.

If u think they have the drug then it is also safe to say Nigeria also have the drug for Ebola since we also fought and eradicated the disease in Nigeria. So going by ur logic, are u trying to say it is safe for people from Liberia to start flooding Nigeria because we have the cure for Ebola? If u think the man didn't do wrong for taking the disease to usa then no one should ever cause sawyer as he did the same thing.
The reason why the drug did not work for the Spanish Priest is because it was administered late. If you take the amount of people that have been cured by ZMapp, to those that died, the ratio shows how powerful the drug is.

1 Like

Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by Kasieze(m): 10:05am On Oct 09, 2014
Akpors the native doctor was specialized in selling
poison to people..
This poison can kill any living thing on this earth.
One day a woman, who wanted to poison her
husband came to
him.
Take a look at their
conversations.
Woman: i want to buy poison.
Native doctor: ok you are
welcome.
Woman: how perfect is your poison working?
Native doctor: it works
perfectly.
Woman: are u sure?.
Native doctor: ok come and taste it, so that you
will confirm whether it is
working or not.
Native doctor: ok give me a little.
The woman tasted it & died,without remembering
that she wanted to use it on her
husband.
The Native doctor seeing the woman.. he laughed
and said...
"oh you wanted to go just like that, after pricing my
poison, you think you are wise........... Click. http://
www..com/m/view_joke.php?id=149 to
continue
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by PapiWata: 10:08am On Oct 09, 2014
There is no use splitting hairs and agonizing over the level of awareness that the duo of bio-terrorists, Mr. Soiler and Mr. Dickhead may have had with respect to their medical conditions. The basic, irrefutable FACT is that BOTH of those disease-spreading Liberian men LIED when they were asked on departure at Monrovia airport, whether to they had come into proximity with any person symptomatic of ANY illness, during their time in Liberia.

In telling bold-faced LIES about the fact that they had each come into contact with sick people while in Liberia, both of those bio-terrorists became criminal fugitives eligible for rigorous prosecution, in the very unlikely event that they beat the odds and survived the disease. In the same way as a cocaine smuggler makes that money run from Lagos to JFK, only to get busted and sent up the river for 25 years without bail, any person who knowingly imports a biological weapon or microbe into a foreign country, will be held accountable in the court of law if they survive, to answer charges of attempted genocide.

It matters not whether Mr. Duncan Dickhead, the first Ebola carrier in the USA, was a Liberian national, or a naturalized US citizen. His crime of intentional bio-terrorist activity is as clear-cut as are the criminal cases being compiled against several unhinged American citizens currently fighting alongside gunmen of the genocidal Islamic State terror gang in Syria and Iraq. Equally, bio-terrorist Mr. Soiler, who is credited with importing Nigeria's first taste of Ebola panic, is just as guilty of intentional disease propagation dead and cremated, as he was alive.

Speaking harsh truths about the dead may be taboo in most cultures, BUT, special condemnation MUST be reserved by chroniclers of human history, for the classification of specific individuals whose actions while alive led to record numbers of avoidable deaths. Employing deception at airports to spread further a disease that MAY ultimately claim MILLIONS of lives globally, may come to be regarded as the greatest deliberate evils perpetrated against the human race since the dawn of time.

1 Like

Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 09, 2014
donnypool:

your wicked heart go soon give you heart attack
I wonder why u r criticizing this man for giving his opinion. Can someone tell me the difference between this case and Sawyer's case
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by shadrach77: 10:24am On Oct 09, 2014
The speed at which this guy died is suspicious. I have a feeling his death was speeded up to stop the disease from spreading further in the US. I mean, the time of announcement and the time of death are just too close
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by abatically(m): 10:28am On Oct 09, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
The reason why the drug did not work for the Spanish Priest is because it was administered late. If you take the amount of people that have been cured by ZMapp, to those that died, the ratio shows how powerful the drug is.

It is still not 100% effective so it is not right to say they have the drug. The most important thing is intensive care in a well equipped hopsital. If u administer the drug to an ebola patient and leave him unattended to, he will still die. Anyway since Nigeria is also free from the virus, will u also say Nigeria has the drug for Ebola? The answer is no.
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by mecussey(m): 10:29am On Oct 09, 2014
PapiWata:

Laugh wan kill me here ...trust U.S na, they are mean.
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 09, 2014
TheIROKO:
I wonder why u r criticizing this man for giving his opinion. Can someone tell me the difference between this case and Sawyer's case

man i am not criticizing no one, because i believe america wasn't obliged to treat him in the first place. but with that type of hatred in his heart?... my hope is that he doesn't die of heart problem.
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by xtervaganza(m): 10:33am On Oct 09, 2014
PointB:

Apparently, you have challenge with comprehension!
and you think u made sense?

Depe
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by ttmacoy: 10:36am On Oct 09, 2014
gbadexy:
This goes to show that the zmapp is fluke.
It was God like the missionary doctor survivor rightly said and their system that prevailed.
This goes to show that with God's assistance, nigeria really tried in taming this disease.
How I wish we can face all aspect of our national life with the same zeal.
The government had no choice but to show total commitment because they know no one is safe and it would affect their international movement.

I'm sorry but this sounds a bit ignorant. America said it over and over again that zmapp was an experimental drug which is still in development and under testing on animals. You Nigeria crucified America claiming they hated you that's why they didn't give you. Now you say it was a fluke.

Nigeria was lucky in containing ebola thanks to the sacrifice of the Dr who died and hard work to contain the spread. I still maintain though that we are not out of the woods as it can always easily come back.

Imagine how easy it is for someone with ebola who is not yet showing symptoms to come in through land borders. Sawyer came via Lagos airport which made it a bit easier. If say he drove in though land border or somewhere more remote it would have been a different story.

Moral of my story Nigeria should not rest in her oars but should continue to invest in preparation for future situations and also in research.

We keep blaming the white man for this and that but what is stopping us taking control of our future and doing something about bit rather than waiting for the West to help every time?

All the people blaming America for zmapp, remember they only had limited supply which was sent to the worse affected areas and they do not have anymore.

2 Likes

Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by PapiWata: 10:40am On Oct 09, 2014
ttmacoy:

I'm sorry but this sounds a bit ignorant. America said it over and over again that zmapp was an experimental drug which is still in development and under testing on animals. You Nigeria crucified America claiming they hated you that's why they didn't give you. Now you say it was a fluke.

Nigeria was lucky in containing ebola thanks to the sacrifice of the Dr who died and hard work to contain the spread. I still.maintain though that we are not out of the woods as it can always easily come back.

[size=14pt]Imagine how easy it is for someone with ebola who is not yet showing symptoms to come in through land borders. Sawyer came via Lagos airport which made it a bit easier. If say he drive in though Badagry border or somewhere more remote it would have been a different story.[/size]

Moral of my story Nigeria should not rest in her oars but should continue to invest in preparation for future situations and also in research.

We keep blaming the white man for this and that but what is stopping us taking control of our future and doing something about bit rather than waiting for the West to help every time?

All the people blaming America for zmapp, remember they only had limited supply which was sent to the worse affected areas and they do not have anymore.

You are a philosopher gifted with deep insight that lets you cut to the chase, and spell out the truth.

I don become ya apprentice today, by force.

1 Like

Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by Synthase(m): 10:48am On Oct 09, 2014
PapiWata:

To think that some people actually liked this poo!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lebanon: 25 Passengers From Nigeria Test Positive For COVID-19 - Health Ministry / How I Was Molested By A Patient –psychiatric Doctor / Lifeless Body On The Road Around LUTH (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.