Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

GEJ Demands Apologies From Publishers Of Richestlifestyle.com - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Demands Apologies From Publishers Of Richestlifestyle.com (732 Views)

Buhari Apologies To Nigerians Over Fuel Scarcity, Pump Price To Remain At N87 / My Sincerest Apologies To The Oba Of Akure; / Sammie Okposo Apologies To Buhari For Saying He Should Be Flogged For Forgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Demands Apologies From Publishers Of Richestlifestyle.com by englishmart(m): 7:27pm On Oct 08, 2014
Richestlifestyle.com, yesterday published a list, listing President Jonathan as the 6th Richest African President, with a net
worth of $100million dollars.

The state house has issued a press release redemanding a retraction and an apology from the publisher.

We have noted with consternation the listing of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan by a website –
RichestLifestyle.com - as the sixth richest African President with an estimated net worth of $100 Million U.S. Dollars.

The Presidency condemns the totally
unwarranted inclusion of President
Jonathan in the publication titled “Africa’s Richest Presidents 2014” as another attempt to unjustifiably portray the President as a corrupt leader and incite public disaffection against him.

We categorically assert that there is no factual basis for ranking President
Jonathan as the sixth richest African Head of State with a net worth of about $100 Million U.S. Dollars.

As is well known, President Jonathan has never been a businessman or
entrepreneur, but a life-long public
servant. The President has held public office since 1999 and has regularly declared his assets as required by Nigerian laws. He has had no personal income since 1999 other than his official remuneration as deputy governor, governor, vice president, acting president and president which are matters of public
record.

There has been no significant variation in the totality of his personal assets as contained in his last declaration to the Nigerian Code of Conduct Bureau in 2011 which, as can be verified, was a very, very far cry from the $100 million figure now
being bandied about by Richest
Lifestyle.com and other irresponsible, copy-cat publications.

The clear and unacceptable imputation of the claim that President Jonathan is now worth about $100 Million is that the
President has corruptly enriched himself while in office which is certainly not the case.

We therefore demand a retraction and an unreserved apology from Richest
Lifestyle.com and all those who have
reproduced the offensive article.

Otherwise, they should be prepared to substantiate their libelous claims against the President in courts of law within and outside Nigeria.

Reuben Abati

Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)

October 8, 2014

Source

www.nollywoodmagazine.com/2014/10/president-jonathan-demands-apologycalls-inclusion-in-list-of-richest-african-presidents-baseless-and-libelous.html

Re: GEJ Demands Apologies From Publishers Of Richestlifestyle.com by jaytee01(m): 7:39pm On Oct 08, 2014
Let him publish his asset declaration details asap to debunk the claims or forever remain silent. This is not a matter of " I don't give a damn"!
Re: GEJ Demands Apologies From Publishers Of Richestlifestyle.com by Gbawe: 7:45pm On Oct 08, 2014
$100 million is actually very conservative considering the brazen looting GEJ is supervising. Nigerians are the masters of deception, duplicity and 'innocentee' histrionics. I personally think GEJ is a dollar billionaire by now. This $100 million yeye is an insult to the vast amount of looting that has gone on under Presido. If , by my conservation estimate, at least $40-60 billion has been looted under GEJ then how much did the principal actor keep for himself? Let us stop fooling each other abeg. $100 million indeed.
Re: GEJ Demands Apologies From Publishers Of Richestlifestyle.com by davitogreat(m): 7:51pm On Oct 08, 2014
Gbawe:
$100 million is actually very conservative considering the brazen looting GEJ is supervising. Nigerians are the masters of deception, duplicity and 'innocentee' histrionics. I personally think GEJ is a dollar billionaire by now. This $100 million yeye is an insult to the vast amount of looting that has gone on under Presido. If , by my conservation estimate, at least $40-60 billion has been looted under GEJ then how much did the principal actor keep for himself? Let us stop fooling each other abeg. $100 million indeed.

What info do you have to make your estimates true?
I want to see proof, not all this quack conspiracies repeatedly thrown around by uninformed Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Demands Apologies From Publishers Of Richestlifestyle.com by englishmart(m): 7:55pm On Oct 08, 2014
Gbawe:
clap for yourself. You have made points abi?

1 Like

Re: GEJ Demands Apologies From Publishers Of Richestlifestyle.com by brainpower(m): 8:41pm On Oct 08, 2014
Well for once the president should take legal action atleast to make people understand that he has some rights too as an individual. I get where his aides are coming from cos soon some people will take advantage of this and start another social media propaganda and I don't believe apc was behind this even though its possible cos if they were, he would have been on top which is still possible. How did they even arrive at these figures self? Our media is full of people who will go to any length to fill up their news.
Re: GEJ Demands Apologies From Publishers Of Richestlifestyle.com by bestman09(m): 8:54pm On Oct 08, 2014
Gbawe:

IDIOT
Re: GEJ Demands Apologies From Publishers Of Richestlifestyle.com by englishmart(m): 9:50pm On Oct 08, 2014
bestman09:

IDIOT
nothing to say?

(1) (Reply)

Breaking!!! Cholera Epidemic In Ghana: 22,000 Infected | 170 Dead / B’haram Ceasefire: Sect To Release218 Chibok Girls On Monday / How Governor Mimiko Ambushed Me In Akure Femi Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.