Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction (32613 Views)

Name and faces of 12 Soldiers Sentenced To Death For ‘shooting’ GOC / 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death / 50 Terrorists, 12 Soldiers, Policemen Feared Killed In Borno Attacks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by captainbaroni(m): 9:07am On Oct 09, 2014
priscaoge:
The court should pardon those soldiers naaaa angry Since they decided to let those Boko Haramites Who surrendered to live,why can't they pardon our gallant soldiers Who fight day and night for the safety of the nation undecided They shouldn't be denied their right. They should be allowed a fair hearing. It's their constitutional right!!!

Abi is it now a crime to be a soldier in this country
I AGREE WITH YOU

3 Likes

Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by gabon(m): 9:09am On Oct 09, 2014
sauceny:
Whatz this bloody civilian tryna do
He should leave the military to their ruling & go do what he knows how to do best "civilian ruling"

I believe if those given the death sentence where found guilty shouldn't be pardoned.
I mean,the army isn't jst a unified body where you make your own decisions,being an army comes with much work of full dedication & commitment in protecting your country...

I think they should face the sentence passed upon them to serve as a deterrent to others trying to follow same part,[s]besides the motto has always been clear "Obey the last order".[/s]

that's not the motto of Nigerian Army.

Nigerian Army motto is "Victory is from God alone"

4 Likes

Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 09, 2014
aforosco:

No constitution is above the 1999 constitution so even if it is ogboni cult it is of no supremecy to 1999.Even soldiers deserve fundamental human right

Datz ur f**king problem
I would have considered a pardon on them if they were jst a civilian.

A military is a military for die hard men,not a place where you watch the "Rich Kids Of Beverly Hills"

1 Like

Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 09, 2014
sauceny:
He should leave the military to their ruling & go do what he knows how to do best "civilian ruling"

I believe if those given the death sentence where found guilty shouldn't be pardoned.
I mean,the army isn't jst a unified body where you make your own decisions,being an army comes with much work of full dedication & commitment in protecting your country...

I think they should face the sentence passed upon them to serve as a deterrent to others trying to follow same part,besides the motto has always been clear "Obey the last order".
U should be traced and arrested cos u re boko haram in disguise. You want de 12 soldiers killed and many others ryt? So that you can continue in ur insurgent activities.

Lunatic !!!!!!!!
Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by priscaoge(f): 9:17am On Oct 09, 2014
deletrue:
All you needed is to put more efforts and the willingness to learn since you lack this probably because of failure from your background . Your post failed to carry with it the required deep knowledge and level of what you were actually aiming your post to convey hence you are advised and corrected, you are saying mad man etc. Why? People are sentenced because they committed mutiny, you are saying these people are gallant, does this make any sense? I agree intoto that the Nigerian Army are gallant but not those who attempt to kill the officer. If I were you, I will prefer to learn. Final fullstop.

@bolded I take an exception to that!

If u want to make your point,do that in a civil way and stop been myopic. What is your take on Those Boko haramites that were pardoned?

And my comment about 'mad man', go back, read and comprehend your post and my response. wink wink

Have a Nice day kiss kiss

3 Likes

Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by Ajascolove(m): 9:19am On Oct 09, 2014
deletrue:
Did you read and understand why they were sentenced since you know how to compare David and Goliat? These 12 army boys point their raffles at the commander and shot at him but luckly enough he was not armed. What is David and Goliat doing here. If David did not received inspiration from God, he should have took off. Similarly, if these 12 boys knew that their fire power cannot cover them, does not mean that they should shot the officer. Again, common sense is the problem here.
You talk as if you are the P.A to the commander who people refer to as bokoharam in uniform.
Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by koxi: 9:20am On Oct 09, 2014
sauceny:

I think they should face the sentence passed upon them to serve as a deterrent to others trying to follow same part,besides the motto has always been clear "Obey the last order".

If ur father was one of the soldiers would you have sounded dis way? I'm pretty sure u wouldn't have. You would've been here lamenting to nairalanders to help free ur father from the gruelling pains of potential death......aboki like u!
Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 09, 2014
rightym:

U should be traced and arrested cos u re boko haram in disguise. You want de 12 soldiers killed and many others ryt? So that you can continue in ur insurgent activities.

Lunatic !!!!!!!!

You barely knw d world is spherical.

My friend look for a toy car or doll to play with.
Timid man like you locked in a woman's attitude has nothing to do With the military.

1 Like

Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by Deepfreezer(m): 9:25am On Oct 09, 2014
its about time. the 12 gallant soldiers dint deserve to die.

1 Like

Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 09, 2014
sauceny:

You barely knw d world is spherical.

My friend look for a toy car or doll to play with.
Timid man like you locked in a woman's attitude has nothing to do With the military.
I bet u know de military like u claimed.
Pls ask an insider.

Datz my career bro.
Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by MORNDEW(m): 9:34am On Oct 09, 2014
sauceny:

what do you think you ve wrote up there? Did you read the suit file atall or you just wnted to comment. Detterent to others to suffer inhuman treatment nd alliance with terrorists abi?

1 Like

Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by tellwisdom: 9:38am On Oct 09, 2014
Laws and constitutions has been amended so many times. So military law can still be amended.
Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 09, 2014
rightym:

I bet u know de military like u claimed.
Pls ask an insider.

Datz my career bro.

I guess you a paramilitary nt a military personnel,maybe a boy's scout or something

1 Like

Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by ayodeleakinadew(m): 9:45am On Oct 09, 2014
sauceny:

If the Nigerian military men were chosen from nairaland,i think by now Nigeria would have been at the verge of collapse...Countries like Ghana,Sudan, Cameroon & others would have been a threat to us.

The military is meant for strong hearted men,not the timid men i see over here attacking me for being mean & wicked.

ℓ̊ know if your dad or son were to be among this soldiers,Ɣøû wouldn't probably be thinking and talking this way. That they were soldiers doesn't mean they should be killed like chickens without proper legal trial. After all the army is yet under the sovereign federal law of this nation.

1 Like

Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by ayodeleakinadew(m): 9:48am On Oct 09, 2014
We all know what the soldiers did but led them do what they did? What did the oga do that made them wanna kill him? Don't we think we need to look into these too?
Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 09, 2014
ayodeleakinadew:

ℓ̊ know if your dad or son were to be among this soldiers,Ɣøû wouldn't probably be thinking and talking this way. That they were soldiers doesn't mean they should be killed like chickens without proper legal trial. After all the army is yet under the sovereign federal law of this nation.

I neva said they should just be killed.
I said if found guilty.

2 Likes

Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by SailorXY: 9:49am On Oct 09, 2014
sauceny:

Datz ur f**king problem
I would have considered a pardon on them if they were jst a civilian.

A military is a military for die hard men,not a place where you watch the "Rich Kids Of Beverly Hills"

I have been observing your comments, & it seem you've been thoroughly abused growing up...

is it that you lack understanding or common sense

1 Like

Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 09, 2014
iwonbaoko:
It is mystery what happens in schools these day. A total conundrum.
This is not the first time military tribunal decisions have been challenged and more importantly OVERTURNED in NIGERIA so there is jurisprudence there. Rather than spout inanities we should study his argument which is that the tribunal is unconstitutional . Therefore this case serves not only the purpose of clarifying the judgment as it affects these soldiers but also the future from a jurisprudence perspective.
Military Tribunals are subject to civillian appeals and jurisprudence IN MANY COUNTRIES all over the world they are NOT "MILITARY AFFAIRS"

What exactly are you blabbing about ? I'm sure you know the difference between sueing the army and filing for an appeal in a civilian court of law. Maybe you should look through my post well.
Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by xtremrules(m): 9:52am On Oct 09, 2014
sauceny:

If the Nigerian military men were chosen from nairaland,i think by now Nigeria would have been at the verge of collapse...Countries like Ghana,Sudan, Cameroon & others would have been a threat to us.

The military is meant for strong hearted men,not the timid men i see over here attacking me for being mean & wicked.
Is quite clear u didn't read the post and u just commented. If you had read it you would have known he didn't say the should not be punished according to law if found guilty, but said a judgment was passes without fair hearing and trial.

1 Like

Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 09, 2014
SailorXY:

I have been observing your comments, & it seem you've been thoroughly abused growing up...

is it that you lack understanding or common sense

Maybe i lack understanding,but you surly do lack common sense
Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by myhero4eva: 9:53am On Oct 09, 2014
thats highly constitutional, am happy for such a challenge by our SAN AGBAKOBA, their fundamental rights to fair hearing must not be infringed upon. Again where is the commander? Has he been investigated on his part? If found to have deceived the soldiers or working with the BOKO HARAM should be dismised and face judgement.

2 Likes

Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 09, 2014
xtremrules:

Is quite clear u didn't read the post and u just commented. If you had read it you would have known he didn't say the should not be punished according to law if found guilty, but said a judgment was passes without fair hearing and trial.

Still tryna figure out your kinda english,it needs a reconstruction for an understanding.

1 Like

Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by Philipmems(m): 9:57am On Oct 09, 2014
kiss kiss kiss grin grin grin Just when I thought Nigerians don't have a voice here comes a maestro voice of the street..

2 Likes

Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by streetzdreamz(m): 9:59am On Oct 09, 2014
deletrue:
Who are you referring to as gallant soldiers? Is it the sentenced soldiers? These people committed mutiny, tried and sentenced and you are describing them as gallant. Am just praying that one day common snese will always be available and indeed very common to every Nigwrians.
. Most comments on dis thread is basically stupid n foolish,i chose urs cuz u portrayed ursef to b sensible buh i cant seem to decode any sense from ur senseless post,put ursef in dis guys shoes,sticking out ur life for what?money? Ao much s dia pay for petes sake?i for one dont think dis guys r in d millitary cuz of joblessness or poverty,twas outa dia personal convictions to stand up n defend dia country weneva d need arises,tell me y u aint in d army,mutiny or nt,d soldiers were pissed off at d sight of dia slain members due to d negligence of dia boss,n u were xpecting em to give him a pat on d back for a job well done? Dis guys werent even protesting cuz of dia stomach,dey did t cuz of dia dead colleagues n u here spewing gibberish!i wish ur prayer gets ansad real quick,for u to benefit from d sense dat will b let loose one day.@ topic I hope d soldiers gets a fair trial and a lesser punishment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by SailorXY: 10:06am On Oct 09, 2014
sauceny:

Maybe i lack understanding,but you surly do lack common sense
what do you even know about military-civil laws by the way? did you study any course remotely related to this or you just keep strolling past a barracks gate & feeling relevant in affairs of soldiers
Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 09, 2014
Ok mr strong hearted nairaland soldier... the army is for strong hearted pple but not for wicked inconsiderate civilians like you...whether it is a gmc rulling or civilian ruling, let due process be taking. It is human lives we are talkin about here. And its like it seems notin to you! Like ure bh...
sauceny:

Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by Nicepoker(m): 10:09am On Oct 09, 2014
sauceny:

u are very very very 5tupid. Do u even get updated on recent happenings at all?
Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 09, 2014
sauceny:

You need to erase that "Bloody civilian" mentality off your mind.
which other country treat its soldiers like Nigeria does.

I know the Abacha/IBB regime seem to have corrupted our nation's military orientation, This is a democratic system, and the fact that WE equip them with arms does not make their acts unquestionable.
Without those arms, and without Nigeria making provisions for them in our budget.
they are nothing but "bloody civilians" too

1 Like

Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by ak47mann(m): 10:14am On Oct 09, 2014
SAN olisa agbakoba nwoke onitsha your abgakoba park in onitsha is beautiful just like garden of eden colorful flowers i love your agbakoba park very relaxing cool

1 Like

Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by thunder74(m): 10:17am On Oct 09, 2014
He said since all the members of the GCM were soldiers appointed by Ndiomu, the convicted soldiers were denied their right to independence and impartial trial.

Even in our regular courts, are judges not first lawyers before they become judges?

1 Like

Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 09, 2014
Nicepoker:
u are very very very 5tupid. Do u even get updated on recent happenings at all?

Ask ur popa & moma dat¿
Re: Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction by iconize(m): 10:19am On Oct 09, 2014
Danielotuya:
This guy jst wants publicity and fame jare. You can't sue the army over their own matter. Anyways, now that he has been known, hope he gets more customers/clients

Who says you can't sue the Army?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Legendary Harold Smith Speaks About Nigeria ‘hidden Agenda’. / Why Did EFCC Refuse To Investigate The Following People? / Cabal Goes For Kingibe As Buhari's Successor Rather Than Tinubu - Prof Kperogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.