Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Gov Yero Declares Guber Interest For 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Yero Declares Guber Interest For 2015 (522 Views)

2 Persons Trek To Kaduna In Sympathy With Gov. Yero Over His Defeat / Don't Run Away To East Gov Yero Of Kaduna State Appeals To Ndigbo / Hundreds Of Half Nude Women Throw Mud, Stones At Gov Yero (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gov Yero Declares Guber Interest For 2015 by r33d(m): 9:34am On Oct 09, 2014
Kaduna State Governor Mukhtar Ramalan Yero yesterday declared his gubernatorial ambition ahead of the 2015 general elections under the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Governor Yero is the first sitting governorship to declare interest in seeking for re-election in 2015.

He submitted his letter of intention to contest the governorship seat amidst thousand of party faithful including members of the House of Assembly and members of the state executive council.

Yero who was at the Kaduna State secretariat of Peoples Democratic Party to formally handover the letter to the party chairman, Abubakar Haruna said the decision to contest was informed by pressure mounted on him by people to run.

According to him, he had to accept the clarion call because of the need to consolidate on the relative peace achieved in the state under his administration.

“I can’t say no to the wishes of the people when they called on me to contest. It would be a great disservice to them”, Yero stated.

In his remarks after receiving the letter from the governor, the party chairman said the party members are happy now that he has finally signified interest to contest.

Meanwhile, Governor Mukhtar Ramalan Yero has finally released 50 per cent of the 2013 Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme (SURE-P) funds out of the total money accrued to the 23 local government areas of the state.

SOURCE: http://leadership.ng/news/386510/gov-yero-declares-guber-interest-2015

Re: Gov Yero Declares Guber Interest For 2015 by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 09, 2014
They are all claiming the people are asking him to contest, why they no go ask you to contest when they sabi say them go get financial favours for ur hand? Hin no even get plan for the state, just- people ask me to contest.

I am sick of this type of politicians. But then, it is none of my business. I nor be Kaduna persin.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Threatens SA Over Weapons Cash Seizure / *Breaking News*: Maku, Wike, Obanikoro, Others Resign As Ministers / Nigerian Airports Rated Poorly In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.