Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque (30584 Views)

Is This The Most Beautiful Mosque In Nigeria? / How Can I Stop Sleeping While In The Mosque? / Kano City Mosque Bombing!! 400yrs Old History Broken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by lanrexlan(m): 5:13am On Oct 10, 2014
Awesomeking:
i dont need to monitor em,after prayer,they always like-mehn,prayer late 2day oh,na since around 12 i cum,they say it audibly so everyone would hear
That's show off,they don't have to complain if they are doing it for the sake of Allah.

if i dont caution em then i wont be doing my job as a muslim brother,i caution a lot,bt i cant possibly caution everyone,am not a magician
Are they many ni? Anyways sha,sister zezzy said I should free you
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by LyfeJennings(m): 6:01am On Oct 10, 2014
Yes. I am guilty of some but I hate being audible during recitation of Quran and I no dey thief slippers.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by ndat(m): 6:11am On Oct 10, 2014
DVMtuppence:
meself dey tink am
he lacks understanding of benefit of coming to d mosque as well as recitation holy quran

1 Like

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Lailerh(f): 6:15am On Oct 10, 2014
You desperately want to be part of what's reigning now on NL and you went forth to say all these OP, are you well?

3 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by EejaNla01(m): 6:21am On Oct 10, 2014
hes just tryna have fun,mine are:
Those that leave immediately after the salama/taslim without listening to any info from d imam or no form of prayer

Those that recite aloud along with the imam to show off

The sisters dressing provocatively.
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 10, 2014
Awesomeking:
yeah,i hate it when people wear ma shoe and start walking away like they dont feel the difference
lol
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by YurFatHer: 7:37am On Oct 10, 2014
kazmanbanjoko:
Op, I doubt if you are a muslim bcoz a good muslim will be at the mosque some minutes (anytime) before the prayer started, a good muslim should be able to memorize the quran, a good muslim must make sure that there is no space left in between jamaa when praying (i.e. you must fill the space even if its full at times). So, always be a good and pratical muslim.
smiley good one
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 10, 2014
about the phone users,they might be reading Quran on the phone thou.i do pratice this sometimes especially when all the available Quran in the mosque has been taken smiley

4 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by slye(m): 7:43am On Oct 10, 2014
Awesomeking:
I just couldnt help but post this,these people freak me out everytime i go to pray..herez 5 types of people you see in a mosque..

Op in your own words, define the attributes of a good Muslim
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Gooci(m): 8:04am On Oct 10, 2014
I read some comments here nd I laughed.. For those of you bashing the Op, what's is better than to jst listening to Imam during sermon?..dats not the time for reading reading quran, its time for listening to khutbah.

Secondly, are you people telling me that when the imam is reciting, we followers can also recite aloud? yu can recite with yu mind nd be quiet about it abbi yu want to collect imam from imam's hand..lol..

We all kno gein to mosq early is a good deed. Pls understand wat d Op is saying, don't base yur decision on a general thing. We all know reading quran is very good.
Jumua Mubarak!!!

5 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by adrelanine: 8:06am On Oct 10, 2014
Entchidodo:
'the above declaration will be posted on your profile' yeah like i'm an iidiot and will fall willingly for that load of crap on this bogus monicker....**back to topic** Op your perspective on muslims is quite refreshing,unlike some extremist we see here on NL everyday..
it usually piss me off when people use the word a practising muslim and an extremist interchangably.. And the most annoying part is that some some gulliible folks, will still click on the like button!!
I don't even think the ops is a muslim!! Buh if u re, may God continue to increase us in taqwa!!

Back to your post, to ur first statement! They aiint forcing you to click on yes neither are they rolling on the floor for ur acceptance!! So why the use of insulting statement?? Its people like you that just want to advertise the little english they've just learnt from one of their foreign pals,that's if u have any, to cause chaos! If you can't accept it why don't u just click on the 'NO' and keep ur mouth shut, or is they anything wrong with that??

3 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Saheed9: 8:10am On Oct 10, 2014
markjac01:
tins we do to make fp. i ad 2 axept dat am a Muslim
nd u are nt a muslim?
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Adeoba10(m): 8:18am On Oct 10, 2014
monsuru560:
Are You A Muslim?
"I believe that there no god/God but Allah."
"I believe that Muhammad is God's Holy Prophet."
"I believe that Islam is the Only True Religion."
"lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muhammadun rasūlu-llāh."

(The above declaration will be posted on your profile if you click "yes"wink
What I learnt from dis was dat for every problem, dia will always b a solution. Sometimes wen ppl from oda religion bombard dis forum with insultive n embarrassing words, am always sad, but with d above quote, we now av a free n happy thread... kudos to Seun n all odas mods behind dis invention.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by san316(m): 8:22am On Oct 10, 2014
This one doesn't make sense. here are the annoying sets of people that come to the mosque.
1. THE USTOOOODH: this one likes reading too loud even when he's just required to be moderate in his recitation. Na them sari tajweed pass.
2. THE IMPATIENT: this one is annoying because after termination of prayers, he can't wait. He'll just want to bolt out
F he's afraid of the prayers ppl will make. Bad thing is, he'll just pass someones front and the person is still repaying the rakaahshe missed. They are the ones that will be jumping ppl when going out.

3.THE SALIVATOR. You notice these ones during sujuud. When supplicating, they'll be making this sound and disturbing your ears.
4.THE SHOE STEPPER/FLIPPER: this one work na to deg match person shoe anyhow. Instead of parking his shoe somewhere, he'll wear it and step on other people's shoes thereby dirtying or flipping it. Annoying.
5.THE RINGERBEE: this one doesn't know how to put phoneon silent. During zuhr for eg when everyone is trying to concentrate, his phone will start singing "personally, I rock your body..." worse part is, he doesn't have the reflex to stop it immediately. Paso prayer go deg on an music will be blasting.
5. THE ADVISERS: na this ones no fit shut up. When you make a mistake, instead of calling you aside to correct you, they'll make it the subject of their sermon after the prayer turning all eyes on you.

Jazaaakh.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by cannonnier(m): 8:30am On Oct 10, 2014
Awesomeking:
I just couldnt help but post this,these people freak me out everytime i go to pray..herez 5 types of people you see in a mosque

1.The prayer warrior-this person is always at the mosque atleast 40 mins before prayer time.i dont know why,he probably thinks getting there first would make God to bless him first

2..The tecno android owner-this person is always scrolling this or typing that during the sermon,this person hardly looks up from the phone,until when it is time to go thats when he remembers he is in a mosque

3.The quran king-this one annoys me the most,he always tries to let everyone know that he has indepth knowledge of the quran,whatever surah the imam is reading or preaching about,this person recites it along with the imam,and he doesnt mind being very AUDIBLE

4.The blackberry owner.this person comes to the mosque with charger to charge his blackberry..there was actually a time when a dude walked straight to where the imam was standing and plugged his phone close to the imam when prayer was going on

5.The late comer-this person always comes late every single day and always tries to squeeze himself into an already filled mat..

6. Someone who's job is to monitor all the said people without guiding them aright. :-/
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Rilwayne001: 8:36am On Oct 10, 2014
Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 8:
رَبَّنَا لَا تُزِغْ قُلُوبَنَا بَعْدَ إِذْ هَدَيْتَنَا وَهَبْ لَنَا مِن لَّدُنكَ رَحْمَةً إِنَّكَ أَنتَ الْوَهَّابُ

Our Lord! make not our hearts to deviate after Thou hast guided us aright, and grant us from Thee mercy; surely Thou art the most liberal Giver.
(English - Shakir)

via iQuran

Jumat Kareem
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by cannonnier(m): 8:52am On Oct 10, 2014
Once I were in prayer with my Imam, after he finished reciting the opener surah he went " alif laam miiin", I swear you can cut the string of dismay among us follower. SubhanalLah.
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by curiouses: 8:53am On Oct 10, 2014
See as someone is trying to rubbish what I'm striving to achieve in life. Except for the phone part, nothing is annoying in all the OP listed.

1 Like

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by SCRABBLEBOARD: 8:56am On Oct 10, 2014
asaaa
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Canme4u(m): 8:58am On Oct 10, 2014
msmon:

You are right, I took a look at my profile now and the above statement was boldly written underneath it. But why do they have to do that? No harm though.

it is introduced because of some RELIGION frick that would leave the thread meant for their Religion and comes to muslim's thread to cause commotion.

It is laudable if you ask me.
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Canme4u(m): 9:10am On Oct 10, 2014
Entchidodo:
'the above declaration will be posted on your profile' yeah like i'm an iidiot and will fall willingly for that load of crap on this bogus monicker.... **back to topic** Op your perspective on muslims is quite refreshing,unlike some extremist we see here on NL everyday..

@the bold part... Either bogus or no bogus, it is a terms and condition for commenting on Muslim's thread and it is well stated.

Salam (Peace).
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Awwal1st(m): 9:16am On Oct 10, 2014
OP you no try for this at all.. May Almighty Allah forgive us....
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by usmanma(m): 9:24am On Oct 10, 2014
what concern u with what people are doing in the mosque, if truly u r Gud Muslim and notice any bad act from ur brother,u will walk straight to him and advice him politely...not coming to naira land and jest ur fellow brother/religion.... I seek for Allah forgiveness on u
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Roozzaay(m): 9:25am On Oct 10, 2014
why are you guys asking if op is a good muslim? It's pathetic that we muslims dnt have time to ask and seek knowledge about Islam but rather worships the way we think it's right thereby doing things that is prohibited during our daily prayers with good motives though and not knowing they are prohibited. The points raised by op are all correct except the first one which is getting to mosque far ahead of time, this is a good thing to do if you have the chance. But reciting surah loudly with imam while the prayer is going on or during a jumu'at sermon is highly prohited and the prophet also warned against joining a prayer in a rush or running into the mosque to join a prayer.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by usmanma(m): 9:27am On Oct 10, 2014
what concern u with what people are doing in the mosque, if truly u r Gud Muslim and notice any bad act from ur brother,u will walk straight to him and advice him politely not coming to nairaland and mock ur fellow brother/religion.....I seek for Allah forgiveness on u....
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Shollay20(m): 9:28am On Oct 10, 2014
I cannot lie am real muslim, i use to charge in the mosque because, i like Nairaland i cant do without pressing phone......
http://sholaqozeem..com/
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 10, 2014
Awesomeking:
Yeah,i also get to the mosque extra early,but dude..prayer is 2pm and tha nigga is there around 12..dats weird....and theres a big difference btw reciting along and showing off,u can recite silently,bt these people scream out loud
speechless. Brother u just want to make frontpage.
Ok clap 4 urself
Seun go dash u slippers
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by dopedealer(m): 9:56am On Oct 10, 2014
OP, I don't understand you!!
These people you are complaining about are suppose to be a Source of motivation to you.. So why u dey vex.
You know how hard it is to be a Muslim in this present days here you are yearning opaks

1 Like

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by kheart(m): 10:29am On Oct 10, 2014
op i was hopin to see the slipper/sandals snatchers, those u always find sleeping in the mosque, the side talkers etc only to find out u criticizing those many muslims ll emulate.
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 10, 2014
Am so loving the way moderator secured islam section,they have to say shahada before commenting,and its gonna scare hell out of some christian bashers.

But honestly,a person reading the Quran should not annoy you.
Adeoba10:
You called urself a Muslim, n someone who is an Hafiz is reciting d holy Quran den u r annoyed...
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Haywhymido(m): 11:00am On Oct 10, 2014
uplawal:
Am so loving the way moderator secured islam section,they have to say shahada before commenting,and its gonna scare hell out of some christian bashers.

But honestly,a person reading the Quran should not annoy you.
i actually make a comment on dis thread cos i need d online shahada. Thank u mods n seun 4 dis development. Dis is nice
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by kolamilan(m): 11:03am On Oct 10, 2014
makzeze:
@OP, are u sure u are a good Muslim?
i doubt it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Persecuted At Home, Igbo Muslims Troop To North For Succour / Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim / "Jumuah Funny Memes": 10 Types Of People You Would Meet In The Mosque On Fridays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.