Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque (30607 Views)

Is This The Most Beautiful Mosque In Nigeria? / How Can I Stop Sleeping While In The Mosque? / Kano City Mosque Bombing!! 400yrs Old History Broken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Jarus(m): 12:37pm On Oct 10, 2014
Awesomeking:
I just couldnt help but post this,these people freak me out everytime i go to pray..herez 5 types of people you see in a mosque

1.The prayer warrior-this person is always at the mosque atleast 40 mins before prayer time.i dont know why,he probably thinks getting there first would make God to bless him first

2..The tecno android owner-this person is always scrolling this or typing that during the sermon,this person hardly looks up from the phone,until when it is time to go thats when he remembers he is in a mosque

3.The quran king-this one annoys me the most,he always tries to let everyone know that he has indepth knowledge of the quran,whatever surah the imam is reading or preaching about,this person recites it along with the imam,and he doesnt mind being very AUDIBLE

4.The blackberry owner.this person comes to the mosque with charger to charge his blackberry..there was actually a time when a dude walked straight to where the imam was standing and plugged his phone close to the imam when prayer was going on

5.The late comer-this person always comes late every single day and always tries to squeeze himself into an already filled mat..

#1 used to apply to me, unfortunately, the opposite, #5 applies more now. Meanwhile, coming early is highly meritorious.

#2 also applies to me now, no thanks to ever presence on Nairaland, Facebook etc. In fact, the Imam of my estate mosque once asked my wife "what does your husband do on phone that he's always clung to his phone?" (although I don't do it during jumaat sermon)

#4 also applies to me once in a while.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Abdulsalam20(m): 12:50pm On Oct 10, 2014
i dobt if the op is a muslim because you should know the benefit of going to mosque earlier
In one Hadith, the Holy Prophet said the most beloved places
to Allah are the Masajid. Even when he is occupied with the
matters of the word, such as family, work etc, the heart of a
Muslim should always be attached to the Masjid.

The Holy Prophet stated in another Hadith that the condition
of a believer outside the Masjid is that of a fish out of water. A
fish obviously has no desire to be out water, and if it is taken out
will long to return, and will remain restless for as long as it is out
of water. In the same Hadith, the sign of a Munafiq (hypocrite)
has been described as a bird in a cage longing to be released
from there as soon as possible. A Munafiq anxiously waits for the
Salaah or speech to end so he can leave.

an afhiz reciting quran should not irritate you
hadeeth, ‘Aa’ishah, may Allah be pleased with her, relates that the
Prophet (sallAllahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) said:
Verily the one who recites the Qur’an beautifully, smoothly, and precisely, he will
be in the company of the noble and obedient angels. And as for the one who
recites with difficulty, stammering or stumbling through its verses, then he will
have TWICE that reward.” [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

a
Allah knows best

concerning charging am guilty grin bt i dont see anything offensive in it

1 Like

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by classyay: 12:56pm On Oct 10, 2014
this comment is not just fair for Muslims all over the world. this kind of comment incites negative people to do bad things.u have to be careful what u say brother
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by khalidMohammed(m): 1:41pm On Oct 10, 2014
The Number 6 is the one that mess during prayers. Very smelly but I always find it difficult to talk
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 10, 2014
I am momo-ingly commenting so I can get the Kalima on my profile cheesy

Seun got the trolls bad grin
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by smudge100nol(m): 3:23pm On Oct 10, 2014
Why is everybody getting angry Except for d 1st one all oda's are true; why would you recite 2geda with d imam?? You wan form abi.

1 Like

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by rareakm(m): 5:46pm On Oct 10, 2014
So sorry to say,if truely you are a practicing Muslim you should known that everything you post here is not a sin.Except for the techno and blackberry users Which their actions is not good.

MAY ALLAh HELP US ALL
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by jimts(m): 7:20pm On Oct 10, 2014
@OP
I think u need a meter to check the level of your Eman....
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by ola20ng(m): 8:13pm On Oct 10, 2014
number 3 is not a good habit. we should not read along with the imam. Allah says in chapter 7 verse 204.( so, when the Quran is recited, listen to it, and be silent that you may receive mercy.)
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Caseless: 9:00pm On Oct 10, 2014
Adeoba10:
You called urself a Muslim, n someone who is an Hafiz is reciting d holy Quran den u r annoyed...
me sef taya for d guy.
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by gowaga68: 3:29am On Oct 11, 2014
Sallam, and Bro which are you among the listed 5? It's never haram (Taboo) to recite a vers with the Imam. Pls take note.

Awesomeking:
I just couldnt help but post this,these people freak me out everytime i go to pray..herez 5 types of people you see in a mosque

1.The prayer warrior-this person is always at the mosque atleast 40 mins before prayer time.i dont know why,he probably thinks getting there first would make God to bless him first

2..The tecno android owner-this person is always scrolling this or typing that during the sermon,this person hardly looks up from the phone,until when it is time to go thats when he remembers he is in a mosque

3.The quran king-this one annoys me the most,he always tries to let everyone know that he has indepth knowledge of the quran,whatever surah the imam is reading or preaching about,this person recites it along with the imam,and he doesnt mind being very AUDIBLE

4.The blackberry owner.this person comes to the mosque with charger to charge his blackberry..there was actually a time when a dude walked straight to where the imam was standing and plugged his phone close to the imam when prayer was going on

5.The late comer-this person always comes late every single day and always tries to squeeze himself into an already filled mat..
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by iliasaa(m): 9:30am On Oct 11, 2014
@op u are trying to be funny, but Islam is more than that. some of the above qualities u mentioned are what makes a Muslim strong. though some ppl may over do it. Islam is about moderation in everything we do.
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by WASMOG(m): 1:44pm On Oct 11, 2014
May be I should start going to bear palour or club to charge my fone
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by yemifez: 4:59pm On Oct 11, 2014
u will probably hate someone who reminds the imam of the next verses during recitation.
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 11, 2014
Adeoba10:
You called urself a Muslim, n someone who is an Hafiz is reciting d holy Quran den u r annoyed...
Quran recitation during khutba(sermon) is woefully wrong. u are nt allowed to do anything during khutba other than listening , may Allah guide us to the right path.

1 Like

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Adeoba10(m): 6:47pm On Oct 11, 2014
basithamsat:
Quran recitation during khutba(sermon) is woefully wrong. u are nt allowed to do anything during khutba other than listening , may Allah guide us to the right path.
An hafiz will definately be a scholar who knws both d hadith n Quran, He will never talk or recite d Quran during d kkutba... In some mosques we av pre-sermon b4 d main sermon (wen waiting for d imam) dis is d period am talking abt...
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by AlBaqir(m): 11:00am On Oct 12, 2014
Adeoba10:

It seem you are too quick to judge or perhaps you didn't even digest what the OP said. Here's it again esp the underlined:

Awesomeking:

3.The quran king-this one annoys me the most, he always tries to let everyone know that he has indepth knowledge of the quran,whatever surah the imam is reading or preaching about,this person recites it along with the imam,and he doesnt mind being very AUDIBLE

That underlined statement has violated the rules and regulations set by the Almighty in the Quran

"So when the Qur'an is recited, then listen to it and pay attention that you may receive mercy"
~Surah A'raf: 204

2 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Sheriffav: 8:47pm On Oct 13, 2014
some PEPs only come.to.mosque 3 times a year.
1st -ashamu night
2nd-eid-el -mubarak
3rd -ramadan.
the one which annoys me most is DAT there is a concept smoker in our area wu only goes to mosque once a year,the first ashamu,that man can mess ehh,he usually enters and goes awt of d mosque every minute for ablution

1 Like

Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Sheriffav: 8:47pm On Oct 13, 2014
1st -ashamu night
2nd-eid-el -mubarak
3rd -ramadan.
the one which annoys me most is DAT there is a conc smoker in our area wu only goes to mosque once a year,the first ashamu,that man can mess ehh,he usually enters and goes awt of d mosque every minute for ablution
Re: 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque by Awesomeking: 4:14pm On Nov 02, 2014
Sheriffav:
1st -ashamu night
2nd-eid-el -mubarak
3rd -ramadan.
the one which annoys me most is DAT there is a conc smoker in our area wu only goes to mosque once a year,the first ashamu,that man can mess ehh,he usually enters and goes awt of d mosque every minute for ablution
oh my GOD,am sure people dread seatin close to him

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim / "Jumuah Funny Memes": 10 Types Of People You Would Meet In The Mosque On Fridays / Can One Have Intercourse During Ramadan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.