Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,814 members, 7,956,078 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:44 AM

Real-time Alqoh Updates - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Real-time Alqoh Updates (4417 Views)

Updates on Ramadhaan Crescent (1436ah/2015ce) / Global Dawah Day Pictures and Updates: Sharing This Beautiful Message / Live Updates Of Our Sallah Day. Every Muslim Is Welcome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real-time Alqoh Updates by pmc01(m): 8:03pm On Oct 09, 2014
I'm not a Scholar, but I realize I can contribute to the spread of Islamic knowledge in the little way I can.

Hence, I will try to present live updates from Alqoh (Islamic knowledge gathering) with Ustadh Sharafudeen Raji, Ogbomoso, Oyo State as I hear it, In shaa Allah.

This is a bit experimental for me, and I hope to do it better with each Alqoh Day (Mondays and Thursdays) post. Please, bear with my amateurism.

May Allah ease this task and help me to be regular here. May Allah make the lessons beneficial to us all fi Duniya Wal Aakhirah. Aamiin.

Shall we...

2 Likes

Re: Real-time Alqoh Updates by pmc01(m): 8:06pm On Oct 09, 2014
Alqoh notes:

Today's Central topic is 'Being careful of the statements we utter'
Tit-bits:

#The Prophet (PBUH) totally discouraged vain talks and lousy speeches.

#It is wrong to ascribe leadership of the Muslim Community to a Munafiq (Hypocrite).

#It is wrong to describe a non-righteous persons in righteous terms and vice-versa.

#It is wrong to describe someone with attributes that are only befitting for Allah alone. E.g. A man that was called Abu Akam (the unquestionable judge), whom the Prophet then declared he should be addressed as Abu Shuaib (the name of his son).

#It is not permissible in Islam to address someone as 'My Lord'.
It is not permissible to address someone as 'My Slave', but rather 'My Boy' or 'My girl'.

#It is wrong to address someone as 'The Healer', but rather 'One that cares for the ill/sick'.

#In our everyday dealings, we should be careful of collecting pay for work we didn't do. In fact, we are encouraged to return pay we don't deserve to the rightful quarters (but are not forbidden to receive it as gift thereafter, if the Employers insist as such).
Re: Real-time Alqoh Updates by pmc01(m): 8:08pm On Oct 09, 2014
If possible, will try and post the audio links, In shaa Allah. I can't give any Guaranty on that though. Allahu L Musta'an.
Re: Real-time Alqoh Updates by pmc01(m): 8:32pm On Oct 09, 2014
#We are discouraged to request someone to give us something or help us do something for Allah and the Prophet's sake (PBUH). We should only say "For Allah's sake".

#It is wrong to place Allah and the Prophet on the same level, when describing their status.

#It is wrong to say 'If Allah and you will' to someone. E.g. 'I will marry your daughter if it pleases Allah and pleases you'. It is acceptable to say 'I will marry your daughter if Allah wills and THEN you agree for me to'. N.B. The 'THEN' as a keyword showing that person is not in the same status as Allah.

#We are forbidden to have the mindset that Allah can do something and there's someone else that can do likewise. E.g. The common statement in Yorubaland (as a case study) that 'There is Allah and there are PEOPLE (that is believing such people possess some supernatural powers to influence us/our destiny) too'.

#It is wrong to say 'If not for Allah and such and such person, such and such would have happened to me or I won't have been able to do such and such'. It is shirk.

#It is wrong to say 'Allah is my sustainer/protector in Heaven and such and such person is my sustainer/protector on Earth'. Only Allah is capable of sustaining and protecting us all the way.

#Overall, we should watch out for statements that non-Muslims are won't to utter, which in the real sense, potray Shirk. E.g. 'If all Glory still belongs to Allah (Ti Ogo ba n je ti Olohun), I will do such and such, e.t.c.

Conclusion: We should be very watchful of how we use our tongue, in line with the Hadith where the Prophet (PBUH) was reported to have said He guarantees Al Jannah for someone who safeguards his/her tongue and the reproductive organ. May Allah forgive our shortcomings and grant us the best understanding of the lessons. Aamiin.

#end of the main session#

subhanaka Allahumma wabihamdik...

3 Likes

Re: Real-time Alqoh Updates by pmc01(m): 9:05pm On Oct 09, 2014
I apologize that I couldn't post the updates on the Questions and Answers session.

Highlight of that session is a special mention of dear Sister Ameenah Bint Olanrewaju AbdAlim; a testimony to her uprightness and uncompromising moral standards- a wake-up call to the rest of us. Du'a was made for her too.
She was a student at Al-Madeenah Madrasah, whose propeitor is Doctur Sharafudeen G. Raji.

Allahumma Ighfirlaha warhamha. Aamiin.
Re: Real-time Alqoh Updates by tbaba1234: 9:59pm On Oct 09, 2014
pmc01:

#It is wrong to ascribe leadership of the Muslim Community to a Munafiq (Hypocrite).

You can not tell who a munafiq is, unless maybe it is in the case of a spy.

Hypocrisy is in the heart.

The statement is also dangerous because muslims will start labelling themslves munafiq when they disagree.
Re: Real-time Alqoh Updates by pmc01(m): 12:25am On Oct 10, 2014
tbaba1234:

You can not tell who a munafiq is, unless maybe it is in the case of a spy.

Hypocrisy is in the heart.

The statement is also dangerous because muslims will start labelling themslves munafiq when they disagree.

Na'am. What about the three signs that a Munafiq is won't to exhibit?
Re: Real-time Alqoh Updates by tbaba1234: 5:44am On Oct 10, 2014
pmc01:

Na'am. What about the three signs that a Munafiq is won't to exhibit?

i. You and I can NEVER judge someone as a hypocrite, we do not have that right, It does not matter how clear their actions are… We do not have the license to call anyone a hypocrite. This religion did not give us that sanction

There are two kinds of hypocrites

a. Hypocrites that know that they are not muslim, they are only prtending to be muslim like spies

b. The second type of hypocrite is the one that has no idea that he is a hypocrite. This is the scarier kind because it could be anyone of us… None of us are safe…

So i. you can’t label anyone a hypocrite

ii. We can’t keep ourselves safe from that label… We can’t assume that we are safe from hypocrisy..

Al-Hasan Al-Basri said about hypocrisy, “No one fears it but a believer, and no one feels safe from it but a hypocrite.”

‘Umar ibn Al-Khattaab used to ask Huthayfah ibn Al-Yamaan saying, “Did the Messenger of Allaah , mention me to you among (the names of) the hypocrites?” Huthayfah replied in the negative. (reported in Ibn Hajar)

The prophet gave Huthayfah the names of hypocrites and umar was scared, he was part of them…
This is Umar that was guaranteed Jannah. That is a believer.

It is narrated in a Hadeeth (narration) that Ibn Abi Mulaykah said, “I have witnessed thirty of the companions of the Prophet , all of them feared falling into hypocrisy.” [Al-Bukhaari]

iii. You might see attributes of hypocrisy in people that are mentioned in the Quran but you are still not allowed to call them hypocrites.

This is clear from a hadith where the muslims were involved in a battle (a raid) and usama bin Zaid and an ansar killed a man even after he said his shahada because they felt he was not sincere and he was just doing it to save himself. When the prophet heard about this, He (the Holy Prophet) observed: Did you check inside his heart to find out whether he said it (out of fear) or not? In another narration he said: Did you kill him after he had made the profession that there is no god but Allah? He was upset and kept on repeating this such that Usama wished he had not embraced Islam before that day. ( the narration can be found in Bukhari & muslim) (Muslim Found in: Faith (Kitab Al Iman) Hadith no: 176 &177)

Obviously the man is trying to save his skin but even in this clear instance, you cannot say he is a hypocrite.

So when we hear these things about hypocrites, there are two attitudes, you start thinking of someone else or you look within yourself.

The believers attitude as he is reading the signs of hypocrisy is : Is this me?

This is correct attitude…. May Allah protect us from hypocrisy…

1 Like

Re: Real-time Alqoh Updates by kazlaw2000: 6:53am On Oct 10, 2014
Pls improve on your visual presentation of points. It is a bit chaotic.
Now, I read where you wrote that it is Shirk to say if not for Allaah, I wouldnt be able to do so and so (hope i'm correct). Pls how did the Ustadh infer this?
Re: Real-time Alqoh Updates by pmc01(m): 8:12am On Oct 11, 2014
tbaba1234:

i. You and I can NEVER judge someone as a hypocrite, we do not have that right, It does not matter how clear their actions are… We do not have the license to call anyone a hypocrite. This religion did not give us that sanction.

May Allah protect us from hypocrisy…

JazakumuLLahukhayran sir. I sincerely get your point now. Just as it is very dangerous and discouraged to label a fellow Muslim a Kaafir, so it is with labelling him/her a Munafiq, not forgetting that the Munafiq status is even worse than a Kaafir.

I think the focus here are those who claim to be Muslims, but who are almost always opposing basic Islamic tenets, due to political or other interests. So, we're advised to rather choose those who are more certain to protect our interests as Muslims to be leaders in the community, as opposed to selecting leaders on the premise of wealth and/or influence, that is more widespread today.

I hope my clarification addresses the point a bit. May Allah forgive our shortcomings, Aamin.
Re: Real-time Alqoh Updates by pmc01(m): 8:22am On Oct 11, 2014
kazlaw2000:
Pls improve on your visual presentation of points. It is a bit chaotic.
Now, I read where you wrote that it is Shirk to say if not for Allaah, I wouldnt be able to do so and so (hope i'm correct). Pls how did the Ustadh infer this?

My sincere apologies sir. Your recommendation is duly noted. It might be because the writer is trying to balance between proper concentration and putting down the notes. May Allah rectify our mistakes and help us be better believers. Aamiin.

I think the point there is forbidding the statement 'If not for Allah and so and so person (with the intention that it is the combined efforts of Allah and the person), I would have been unable to do such and such.

It will be more appropriate to say however, that 'If not for Allah and then the co-operation of so and so, I would have missed such and such'.

I hope this is clearer?
Re: Real-time Alqoh Updates by pmc01(m): 8:23am On Oct 11, 2014
WHO IS BETTER?

An Hausa man? Or a Yoruba man? An Igbo man? Or an Ebira man? An Edo man? Or a Nupe man? A white man? Or a black man?

Find out in this episode of your darling lecture; 'HUDAN WA BUSHRAA'. Let's meet Dr. Sharafdeen Gbadebo Raji at Ojagbo Central Masjid by 10AM prompt TODAY, Saturday, 11-10-2014. As he takes us through...
'ISLAM AND TRIBALISM'

I WONT MISS IT (IN SHAA ALLAH)
Don't FORGET TO TELL OTHERS
And Please kindly rebroadcast
Re: Real-time Alqoh Updates by harmeenart(f): 6:44pm On Oct 11, 2014
pmc01:
WHO IS BETTER?

An Hausa man? Or a Yoruba man? An Igbo man? Or an Ebira man? An Edo man? Or a Nupe man? A white man? Or a black man?

Find out in this episode of your darling lecture; 'HUDAN WA BUSHRAA'. Let's meet Dr. Sharafdeen Gbadebo Raji at Ojagbo Central Masjid by 10AM prompt TODAY, Saturday, 11-10-2014. As he takes us through...
'ISLAM AND TRIBALISM'

I WONT MISS IT (IN SHAA ALLAH)
Don't FORGET TO TELL OTHERS
And Please kindly rebroadcast
I'm waiting for pmc to meet us here and kindly "rebroadcast". May Allah make it an easy one.
Re: Real-time Alqoh Updates by kazlaw2000: 8:53pm On Oct 11, 2014
pmc01:

My sincere apologies sir. Your recommendation is duly noted. It might be because the writer is trying to balance between proper concentration and putting down the notes. May Allah rectify our mistakes and help us be better believers. Aamiin.

I think the point there is forbidding the statement 'If not for Allah and so and so person (with the intention that it is the combined efforts of Allah and the person), I would have been unable to do such and such.

It will be more appropriate to say however, that 'If not for Allah and then the co-operation of so and so, I would have missed such and such'.

I hope this is clearer?
Okay, I now understand. Jazaakallahu for the effort.
Re: Real-time Alqoh Updates by pmc01(m): 10:15pm On Oct 13, 2014
kazlaw2000:

Okay, I now understand. Jazaakallahu for the effort.

Wa antum
Re: Real-time Alqoh Updates by pmc01(m): 10:26pm On Oct 13, 2014
harmeenart:

I'm waiting for pmc to meet us here and kindly "rebroadcast". May Allah make it an easy one.

Aamiin. Would gladly have done that. Sadly, I couldn't sit through the entire length of the lecture. Made only about 35% of it or thereabout. #exam palava#

In shaa Allah, I intend to post highlights of the lecture when I eventually listen to the audio recording of it.

My sincere apology and I appreciate the sincere encouragement as well. JazakumuLLahukhayran.
Re: Real-time Alqoh Updates by harmeenart(f): 10:35pm On Oct 13, 2014
pmc01:

Aamiin. Would gladly have done that. Sadly, I couldn't sit through the entire length of the lecture. Made only about 35% of it or thereabout. #exam palava#

In shaa Allah, I intend to post highlights of the lecture when I eventually listen to the audio recording of it.

My sincere apology and I appreciate the sincere encouragement as well. JazakumuLLahukhayran.
Amin.No problem.Please do take your time.And Baarakallahufiih in your exams.Amin
Re: Real-time Alqoh Updates by pmc01(m): 10:35pm On Oct 13, 2014
Alqoh didn't hold tonight. Not sure why, but the rain could have been a factor.

May Allah preserve the lives of all our scholars who are striving very hard to preserve the pristine and the authentic Sunnah of our Nabiyy (PBUH) till their end. Aamiin.

May Allah bless the rest of us in our strives too. Aamin
Re: Real-time Alqoh Updates by pmc01(m): 10:37pm On Oct 13, 2014
harmeenart:

Amin.No problem.Please do take your time.And Baarakallahufiih in your exams.Amin

Aamiin. Gracias.
Re: Real-time Alqoh Updates by AbdH: 7:20am On Oct 14, 2014
OP, is there going to be an update today?
Re: Real-time Alqoh Updates by pmc01(m): 7:58pm On Oct 16, 2014
AbdH:
OP, is there going to be an update today?

In shaa Allah. But it might not be full. Got two papers tomorrow, In shaa Allah.
Re: Real-time Alqoh Updates by pmc01(m): 8:25pm On Oct 16, 2014
#A true believer should always be thankful to Allah for whatever situation he/she finds himself/herself, whether it seems favorable or not.

#We should understand that not all our wants/desires will be fulfiled in life, cos only Allah knows if that particular want will favor us or not.

#We should not be among those who associate our current situation with how the current times are

#For example, it is not proper to assume that the good or not too good situation we are in is due to the goodluck/badluck of the current leadership dispensation in the society.

#It is wrong to pray that 'may these times favor us', rather we should say 'may Allah make these times favor us'.

#We should also stop associating our success or failure to the intervention of so and so person.

#For example, many Nigerians today still hold on to the belief that MKO Abiola should have been a President of Nigeria, but for IBB's intervention. This is against Islamic tenets, as Allah had willed that he was never going to attain that position, no matter how many Nigerians voted for him to become President.

#Also, we find ourselves in some situations where a person or group of persons threaten to block our path to success. In these instances, a true believer will never be shaken, but will strongly have the faith that no one can stop what Allah has willed for him or her.

#For example, a lecturer in your department might threaten that he will ensure you fail some courses, this should not make you succumb in fear to such person, but stay firm on the belief that he can do you no harm, except what Allah has willed will happen to you.

#Some of us also fall into the mistake of saying "this our leaders times is not favorable nor good at all, there is much hunger in the land because he has brought ill-will". It is a pathway to shirk.

#The bottomline is that a particular period in time is not a determinant of good or bad happening to us. Times can not bring any goodwill or badwill with it. Only Allah can cause good or what seems not to be good to happen to us.
Re: Real-time Alqoh Updates by pmc01(m): 9:33pm On Oct 16, 2014
Lost what I was typing. A cockroach attacked and ...

#na wah o

Will re-attempt that update later, In shaa Allah. Make I first peep inside all these materials. Sincere apology
Re: Real-time Alqoh Updates by AbdH: 6:41am On Oct 17, 2014
pmc01:

In shaa Allah. But it might not be full. Got two papers tomorrow, In shaa Allah.

May Allah give you success.
Re: Real-time Alqoh Updates by pmc01(m): 6:18pm On Oct 18, 2014
AbdH:

May Allah give you success.

And you too, Aamiin. JazakumuLLahukhayran.
Re: Real-time Alqoh Updates by kemiola89(f): 7:25pm On Oct 18, 2014
Nice work! Following
Re: Real-time Alqoh Updates by pmc01(m): 7:30pm On Oct 20, 2014
AlhamduliLLah. We're on for tonight's discourse...
Re: Real-time Alqoh Updates by pmc01(m): 7:51pm On Oct 20, 2014
BismiLLahi R Rohmoni Roheem

#Tonight's talk is centrally focused on Charity (Got here late, didn't get the headline)

#The charity (Zakah, Sodaqoh) we do here on earth will be serve as a source of shade on the day of recompense (according to the hadith been discussed)

#The charity is all-encompassing acts of charity (clearly laid down by Islam)

#However, Islam does not encourage begging as a profession. We should also not encourage this by constantly giving alms to people who practise begging as a profession (This clearly is not prohibiting giving alms to the needy. Discretion is advised).

#The reward for the sodaqoh (voluntary charity) we do will be used to supplement the reward for Zakah (obligatory charity) we do, especially if our Zakah do not measure up to what is required.

#In the same vein, the reward for the voluntary Solah, Sawm and Hajj(Umrah) we do will be used to supplement the reward for the obligatory ones we do on the Day of Recompense, especially if they do not measure up to what is required.

#We should also remember that Allah will clothe and feed the believer who clothes and feed the slaves of Allah with something better than what they gave in charity.

#We are also encouraged to give preference to a believer (Mumi'n) in giving charity than the non-believer. The wisdom here is that the believer will be more strengthened to worship Allah from the charity we give to him or her, while the non-believer will be more strenthened to disobey and go against Allah from the charity we give to him/her. However, this is not telling us to desist from giving charity to the disbelievers. Discretion is advised.

1 Like

Re: Real-time Alqoh Updates by pmc01(m): 8:18pm On Oct 20, 2014
#We are discouraged from taunting our fellow Muslims with unnecessary inquiry into how much charity (or other acts worship) they engage in.

#Reminders of the excellent features of Al Jannah were also brought to the fore. It was reported that the companions asked the Prophet (PBUH) on how the people of Jannah will pass out waste from their bodies(due to intake of food and drink) and the Prophet(PBUH) responded that their belch will just be enough and this will have a scent sweet like that of Musk. They also asked him(PBUH) about people who might wish to have children and the Prophet(PBUH) told them such person will be given just as they wish for it.

#It is also reported that the foods and drinks of this world can only have similar names with those reserved for the people of Jannah, but they are not of the same quality.

#In lieu of the goodness of the description of Al-Jannah, we are encouraged not to delay our repentance from wrong-doing and disobedience of Allah.

#Islam teaches us that 'the hand above is better than the one below', meaning the giving charity is more gracious than receiving. However, this does not apply to persons Islam has mandated us to cater for their welfare, like our wife(ves), child(ren), parents, etc. People should not misunderstand this lesson. Sincerity is advised.

#Islam also mandates that we should cater for the group of persons mentioned above, before consideration for others.

#Islam strictly discourages begging as a profession or making it a habit. It encourages laziness and gradually draws the heart away from reliance on Allah. We should rely firmly on Allah for our sustenance. He is Ar-Rozaq (The Provider) and we His(SWT) slaves should take full advantage of this.

#It is wrong for us to believe that it is only through a fellow human that Allah can meet our needs. Allah As-Samad, He does not require the assistance of anyone to do what He wants to do. For example, Allah can will His slave to come across money(possibly a huge sum), which he/she is allowed to keep for his/her use if the owner of such money is not found after a year of searching for the owner.

1 Like

Re: Real-time Alqoh Updates by pmc01(m): 8:43pm On Oct 20, 2014
#Islam encourages contentment and whinnig about our living situation. We should continue to work hard and supplicate to Allah for our sustenance.

#The Prophet(PBUH) was reported to have said the best charity is that done when Allah has blessed us with wealth. The wisdom behind this is that the wealthy one finds it more difficult to give charity out of his wealth.

~Q&A~
#It is those on Hajj that are allowed to shave the whole hair on their head(Afari kodoro). So you wey dey danri, wey no dey Hajj, abeg try find money dey cut am low, not kodoro.

#If a pregnant woman dies and the child(foetus) in her is still alive, it is permissible to bring out the child in her (provided the medical experts give a guaranty that the child will survive).
However, if the child(foetus) is dead, it is mockery (Islam teaches us to preserve the dignity of our fellow Muslims) of the Muslim woman to open her up to bring out the child. She should be buried facing the Qiblah with such foetus in her.
As well, if the pregnant woman in that situation is a non-Muslim, should be buried within the boundary that seperates the Muslim cemetery from the non-Muslim cemetery, backing the Qiblah.

1 Like

Re: Real-time Alqoh Updates by pmc01(m): 7:37pm On Oct 21, 2014
kemiola89:
Nice work! Following

JazakumuLLahukhayran
Re: Real-time Alqoh Updates by pmc01(m): 5:16pm On Oct 22, 2014
Just like that... My dear Fayadh is gone. Inna liLLahi wa inna ilayhi rajiun.

Oh Allah grant us the shock absorber to bear his demise and help us to die as Muslims who have totally submitted to your will.

Kudos to all the brothers from MSSN OAU-Ife and our reliable mutual family friend (and now part of our family), Imam AbdRahman for facilitating all the Islamic (absolutely Sunnah-based, bid'ah-free) funeral rites. Appreciation to all friends and well-wishers likewise for their du'a moral support before and after demise. JazakumuLLahukhayran.

'...Surely, every soul shall taste death...' Suratul Al Imran.

Today, a 12 years, 1 month old earthly sojourn has been terminated, despite bright promises- another reminder to the fact that the death we do not anticipate will come for the soul of each one of us without seeking our permission sooner than later (even if it's 100 years time).

The big question for me and you is 'When am I sincerely turning to Allah in absolute submission to His will?'

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Virtue Of Fasting Six Days Of Shawwaal / Likely Job Opportunities For Graduates In Islamic And Arabic Studies In Nigeria / The Fast Of Al-ayaamul-ul-beed (13th, 14th And 15th) Of Muharram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.