Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,605 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Four Myths About Premarital Sex - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Four Myths About Premarital Sex (1428 Views)

Man Destroys His Daughter To Punish Her For Having Premarital Sex (photos) / The Truth About Premarital Sex / Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Myths About Premarital Sex by Jiteshell(f): 7:24am On Oct 10, 2014
Myth 1: “You should have sex with the people you date because you wouldn’t buy a car without test driving it first.”
It is true that one would not buy a car without test driving it. It is also true that cars are objects, and that a person who owns a car is supposed to use it. But people are not cars. We’re not objects. A married person is not supposed to use his or her spouse. A married person is supposed to participate in “total mutual selfgiving” and to exemplify the “absolute and unfailing love” God has for us. The need for a test-drive, when the quest is for a car, exists because we have to see that the means (a car) serves its purpose. The need for a test-drive, when the quest is for a spouse, is a myth, because a person who treats a spouse like a means to an end is a person who doesn’t love.

Myth 2: “You should have sex with the people you date or wedding night sex will be awkward.”
Or underwhelming. Or bad, as Kiri Blakelely recently wrote for the Stir: “Not everyone is great in bed, and most people don’t start out very good at all.” This myth — that we ought to have premarital sex so sex isn’t uncomfortable on our wedding nights — implies not solely that the quality of wedding night sex is paramount, but that how immediately sex is pleasurable is what determines its quality. But pleasure isn’t the only part of sex that makes it good. Unity makes it good. Procreation makes it good. That it facilitates teamwork and requires communication makes it good. (Fun fact: In a Yahoo essay, Michael Strauss at first shares Kiri’s sentiment: “You will both be much happier if you have at least moderate skill” before the wedding, he wrote. But then he added: “…especially if it was learned with each other.” Why it’s ok to learn with each other before you’re married but not ok to learn with each other after you’re married remains a mystery.

Myth 3: “You should have sex with the people you date because…body parts.”
Actual quote from Kiri’s recent sex post at the Stir: “Don’t you want to know if your husband is packing a hunting rifle or a tiny little plastic kid’s pistol? … I’m not saying size would be a dealbreaker, but don’t you have the right to know what’s down there?” Which I’ll answer with a question: Why do I need to know if knowing probably won’t change my mind? In subscribing to this myth — that we should have sex before we’re married because we ought to be familiar with certain body parts — we risk valuing a person’s parts more than we value a person.

Myth 4: “You should have sex with the people you date because you need to know you are sexually compatible.”
This myth wouldn’t be a myth if sex were static. But it isn’t. Even Kiri agrees (“Most people don’t start out very good (at sex),” she wrote), and so does Michael, who accidentally admitted that sex “skills” are learned. And they are, with communication, practice, patience, and time. Which means compatibility can be achieved. Which outs what actually underlies this myth: a quest not for compatibility (which can be achieved within a marriage), but for effortless compatibility, which wouldn’t require what we are far too quick to avoid: work.

Source: http://www.forteebello.com/uncategorized/four-myths-about-premarital-sex-guest-post-by-arleen-spenceley/

1 Like

Re: Four Myths About Premarital Sex by Jennydoris(f): 7:52am On Oct 10, 2014
Hmmmmm
Re: Four Myths About Premarital Sex by Missmossy(f): 7:57am On Oct 10, 2014
Makes sense,but all of these doesn't change the world view perception of s3x.

3 Likes

Re: Four Myths About Premarital Sex by bruno419(m): 8:07am On Oct 10, 2014
hope my girl sees this grin
Re: Four Myths About Premarital Sex by raphy(m): 9:51am On Oct 10, 2014
una don see am abi,make i first send am to my gf before i go give her correct mouth action this nyt.
Re: Four Myths About Premarital Sex by dmcdad: 10:15am On Oct 10, 2014
bruno419:
hope my girl sees this grin
What does that imply?
Re: Four Myths About Premarital Sex by bukkyseun(f): 10:52am On Oct 10, 2014
Hmmmm...
Re: Four Myths About Premarital Sex by Afeezoladapo(m): 11:15am On Oct 10, 2014
9ce one!
Re: Four Myths About Premarital Sex by Jiteshell(f): 3:12pm On Oct 10, 2014
Missmossy:
Makes sense,but all of these doesn't change the world view perception of s3x.
which is sad

(1) (Reply)

Some Girl's Anthem / Pls Should I Marry Her..? / What Will U Do Wen U Discover U're Dating An Ogbanji(mami Water)gal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.