Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Dead Bodies Fester Just Outside The Lagos University - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dead Bodies Fester Just Outside The Lagos University (1813 Views)

Wike Climbed Into The Governorship Seat Over Dead Bodies - Prof Itse Sagay / See Dead Bodies From Abuja Bombing (Photos) / Nigerian Troops Find Dead Bodies In A Well In Bama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dead Bodies Fester Just Outside The Lagos University by Moustache: 10:26am On Oct 10, 2014
Dead bodies have been festering for many days along busy Iyana Iba Road, Ojo Local Government Area, Lagos State, just outside the entrance to the Lagos State University.
A concerned Lagos citizen reported about the situation to SaharaReporters. He revealed that addresses were made to an official of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) and a police officer on October 8, 2014, Wednesday.But, in spite of the fact that the region is popular for trade and transport, nobody either looked into the report or took action to solve the problem.“Yesterday I reported the mess to a LASTMA official and a police officer at Iyana Iba Road,”source told. “They both acted like it was none of their business.”
The Lagos State Waste Management Authority (LAWMA), who the source saw and pictured driving past the dead bodies Thursday morning, also did not react.“I really do not know how these guys died; but it appears they have been dead for days and neither government agency nor LGA bureaucrat bothered to move the mess,” an aggrieved Lagos resident said. “They were left rotting by the roadside.”LAWMA truck ignored dead bodies along busy Iyana Iba Road in Lagos. Photo: Sahara Reporters
It is reported that unidentified dead bodies littering the streets of Lagos not for the first time. The situation is getting out of hand, so the police should make efforts to fish out the killers of this people.

Re: Dead Bodies Fester Just Outside The Lagos University by tit(f): 11:04am On Oct 10, 2014
Tinubu has turned Lagos into a laughing stock-fish.
He has sucked the place dry!

3 Likes

Re: Dead Bodies Fester Just Outside The Lagos University by eleojo23: 11:20am On Oct 10, 2014
Health hazard
Re: Dead Bodies Fester Just Outside The Lagos University by jfking2005(m): 1:06pm On Oct 10, 2014
tit:

Can you please tell me what has Tinubu got to do with this??
i guess your brain is on recess, i was expecting that as a mature female you should have grown above this level.
This has nothing to do with Politic but mere negligence of duty by those in charge simple.

3 Likes

Re: Dead Bodies Fester Just Outside The Lagos University by simpleseyi: 1:10pm On Oct 10, 2014
tit:

You are right my sister, Tinubu has sucked the place dry as you said; but Tinubu still want something to suck, can you offer him your b00bs? You PDP e-rat, has this last month salary been paid for internet trotting?

2 Likes

Re: Dead Bodies Fester Just Outside The Lagos University by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 10, 2014
Eheeeen! shocked

My mum told me she passed a female corpse on tuesday at Iyana-Iba on her way to Apapa. There was an offensive odour coming out along the road where people trekked and people passing almost stepped on the corpse that was covered with rice sack.
I guess by now,the corpse must have been removed.
I hope ritualists haven't come back again on that road o! Xmas is almost around the corner.
Re: Dead Bodies Fester Just Outside The Lagos University by anonimi: 1:25pm On Oct 10, 2014
berem:
Eheeeen! My mum told me she passed a female corpse on tuesday at Iyana-Iba on her way to Apapa. There was an offensive odour coming out along the road where people trekked and people passing almost stepped on the corpse that was covered with rice sack.
I hope ritualists haven't come back again on that road o! Xmas is almost around the corner.

Let's blame "clueless" Jonathan, shall we as usual, abi

15 years plus of progreTHIEF administration at the state and LGA level in the "State of Excellence" yet picking up corpses from the road is such a big challenge for those RESPONSIBLE shocked
Re: Dead Bodies Fester Just Outside The Lagos University by 2cato: 1:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
berem:
Eheeeen! shocked

My mum told me she passed a female corpse on tuesday at Iyana-Iba on her way to Apapa. There was an offensive odour coming out along the road where people trekked and people passing almost stepped on the corpse that was covered with rice sack.
that road is a ritualist den esp that bridge. People were been dragged out of keke marwa and okada every night for pupose of ritual. All the state gov could do was to clear some part of the bush near that bridge only for the problem to continue every day with no hope of respite.
Re: Dead Bodies Fester Just Outside The Lagos University by anonimi: 1:34pm On Oct 10, 2014
2cato:
that road is a ritualist den esp that bridge. People were been dragged out of keke marwa and okada every night for pupose of ritual. All the state gov could do was to clear some part of the bush near that bridge only for the problem to continue every day with no hope of respite.

Can the state government not do MORE
Is it even the work of the state government to clear bush along the road or that of the LGA angry
Re: Dead Bodies Fester Just Outside The Lagos University by 2cato: 1:34pm On Oct 10, 2014
anonimi:

Let's blame "clueless" Jonathan, shall we as usual abi
my brother the state and local govt in that lasu iba road are not liftting a finger to that problem . I dont want to suggest they are profiting from it.
Re: Dead Bodies Fester Just Outside The Lagos University by 2cato: 1:42pm On Oct 10, 2014
anonimi:

Can the state government not do MORE
Is it even the work of the state government to clear bush along the road or that of the LGA angry
to me local govt workers in lagos are just there for their selfish gain and the state govt are worse. My brother the day we lost a friend on that road to ritualist that was dragged away from a danfo in the traffic near that bridge. I wept more many days. And the trend is still going on every day.
Re: Dead Bodies Fester Just Outside The Lagos University by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 10, 2014
This government sef
Re: Dead Bodies Fester Just Outside The Lagos University by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 10, 2014
2cato:
to me local govt workers in lagos are just there for their selfish gain and the state govt are worse. My brother the day we lost a friend on that road to ritualist that was dragged away from a danfo in the traffic near that bridge. I wept more many days. And the trend is still going on every day.
Now the above sounds uncool and sad....

Were there no able-bodied men in a whole danfo to stand and fight them back?

More like a tragic tale.

Shi!!
Re: Dead Bodies Fester Just Outside The Lagos University by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 10, 2014
From what some pdp e-warrior wrote above I cannot help but cry for my dear country for they are always looking for fault in everything good, what did tinubu have to do wth a corpse on a expressway u guys should channel ur frustation to right set of people in charge of the LGA
Re: Dead Bodies Fester Just Outside The Lagos University by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 10, 2014
Election don reach and the people most desperate to get power wont mind sacrificing anything to get it. It remains us to stop them

(1) (Reply)

Tompolo To Emerge Delta Deputy Governor / 22 Things President Jonathan Said During The Presidential Media Chat / Photo: Gejvisits The Ooni Of Ife Palace Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.