Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,903 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

22 Things President Jonathan Said During The Presidential Media Chat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 22 Things President Jonathan Said During The Presidential Media Chat (1811 Views)

11 Things President Buhari's Administration Has So Far Achieved / 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians / 14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

22 Things President Jonathan Said During The Presidential Media Chat by opethom(m): 12:53am On Feb 12, 2015
In 2011, I was already in my village when INEC announced elections had been moved by 2 weeks. I didn't know
INEC did not consult me before postponing elections. I don't even want to be consulted by INEC-President Jonathan
INEC is an independent body and if INEC conducts this election poorly, it's on my head
People are not being fair to me over postponement of election, I do not decide the date for the elections
Few people are doing things for me i think are not the best, there must be a nation before you do what you want to do
I appointed Jega and if I think he's not good, I have the power by constitution to remove him
I've not told anyone I want to remove Jega
I don't see why we continue to doubt that elections will hold. Elections will hold!
Election is like any tournament, FIFA says March, later say April or May. The winning team will still win. No big deal
Let me reassure Nigerians that elections will be conducted in this country and a govt will be inaugurated on May 29th
We found it difficult to contain BH because we didn't get the necessary equipment and our neighbours were not too committed
Nobody is saying Boko Haram must be wiped out completely before they conduct elections
I had meetings with the President of Chad and he said before he can send troops the AU have to be involved
Is it by going to carry flags and singing around the world that we'll bring our girls back? Why use your international links negatively?
I cannot give a time frame that the Chibok girls will be rescued, I don't want to be quoted
I am more hopeful now than before on the Chibok girls
If you put a goat where yam is, it will eat it. If you put people where money is, they'll steal it
The word corruption we have abused it and it's not making so much sense. I did not say stealing is not corruption
A thief is a thief. Don't use the word corruption to cover stealing. Call the person a thief
We must not destroy Nigeria because of elections
I attend Muslim programmes like youth programmes
Nobody will go to war. Nigeria will remain Nigeria
#GEJMediaChat

Source http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/22-things-president-jonathan-said-during-the-presidential-media-chat.107859/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 22 Things President Jonathan Said During The Presidential Media Chat by Sierraloaded: 1:15am On Feb 12, 2015
Re: 22 Things President Jonathan Said During The Presidential Media Chat by Nobody: 1:23am On Feb 12, 2015
Listened to the chat and GEJ spoke like a true democrat. Already,APC media (Premium Times) have started misquoting the president online. And contrary to what APC has been speculating,the President said he has no plan to remove Jega and come May 29,a govt would be inaugurated. Enough of the lies and propaganda from APC. Before today,I was indifferent on who to vote. But now I've made a choice,it is GEJ.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 22 Things President Jonathan Said During The Presidential Media Chat by asadike(f): 1:26am On Feb 12, 2015
Now,that's my president. Thumbs up for u oga patapata.

10 Likes

Re: 22 Things President Jonathan Said During The Presidential Media Chat by tos4u(m): 1:28am On Feb 12, 2015
EVERYBODY WHAT ARE U DOING? WE ARE MARCHING.....
MARCHING FOR WHO? MARCHING FOR B.U.H.A.R.I............
MARCHING HIM TO WHERE? MARCHING HIM TO ASO ROCK....

OYA NOW, LET US GO THERE TOGETHER..................................

#TEAMBUHARI#

9 Likes

Re: 22 Things President Jonathan Said During The Presidential Media Chat by chamboy(m): 1:33am On Feb 12, 2015
Sai buhari

3 Likes

Re: 22 Things President Jonathan Said During The Presidential Media Chat by Valthegreat(m): 1:34am On Feb 12, 2015
But politics aside, I think this man means well for this country, his countenance,words and actions suggest so.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 22 Things President Jonathan Said During The Presidential Media Chat by kodded(m): 1:52am On Feb 12, 2015
No10:
Listened to the chat and GEJ spoke like a true democrat. Already,APC media (Premium Times) have started misquoting the president online. And contrary to what APC has been speculating,the President said he has no plan to remove Jega and come May 29,a govt would be inaugurated. Enough of the lies and propaganda from APC. Before today,I was indifferent on who to vote. But now I've made a choice,it is GEJ.
;DWELCOME grin

1 Like

Re: 22 Things President Jonathan Said During The Presidential Media Chat by kodded(m): 1:55am On Feb 12, 2015
No10:
grin WELCOME grin TO #FRESH-AIR

1 Like

Re: 22 Things President Jonathan Said During The Presidential Media Chat by kodded(m): 1:55am On Feb 12, 2015
No10:
grin WELCOME grin TO #TEAM-FRESH-AIR

1 Like

Re: 22 Things President Jonathan Said During The Presidential Media Chat by onagoodday1: 1:59am On Feb 12, 2015
tos4u:
EVERYBODY WHAT ARE U DOING? WE ARE MARCHING.....
MARCHING FOR WHO? MARCHING FOR B.U.H.A.R.I............
MARCHING HIM TO WHERE? MARCHING HIM TO ASO ROCK....

OYA NOW, LET US GO THERE TOGETHER..................................

#TEAMBUHARI#
you n who...march the septuagenarian to daura

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 22 Things President Jonathan Said During The Presidential Media Chat by Caseless: 2:09am On Feb 12, 2015
No10:
premium times misquoting him even as their editor was among the team of interviewers? Haba, be fair for once.

Gej made a real balls up of himself by openly telling us he never said "stealing is not corruption. All he said was that a thief should be called a thief".

This media chat hasn't changed anything; they asked some scripted question and the answers were there even before the programme started.

The good news is that you said you were undecided before now and, you did not lie that you were with GMB before the media chat but changed your mind to vote gej after the programme- I hate to hear this. Best of lucks to u in ur chosen candidate

2 Likes

Re: 22 Things President Jonathan Said During The Presidential Media Chat by Larufa(m): 2:14am On Feb 12, 2015
His responses are too dull and make no sense even when he was given same questions before the media chat.

Oga Jonathan can not cram the answers and just come to "pour" it out.

1 Like

Re: 22 Things President Jonathan Said During The Presidential Media Chat by titi50: 2:16am On Feb 12, 2015
You are indeed a true son of your father. you have said it all.. Cheers for the man wai sabi.
carry go jonathan, you have make nigerians proud to night. Who will win will win either or whelther the elections are prosponed..
#GEJ4NAIJA

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 22 Things President Jonathan Said During The Presidential Media Chat by Nobody: 2:31am On Feb 12, 2015
Caseless:
premium times misquoting him even as their editor was among the team of interviewers? Haba, be fair for once.

[b]This media chat hasn't changed anything; they asked some scripted question and the answers were there even before the programme started.
Firstly,I don't know how to share links else I wld have done that to show you all the misquotations of the president by PT. I remember one though - GEJ,"... May 29,a government will be inaugurated." Premium Times,"... May 29,a NEW government will be inaugurated."
Emphasis on NEW. Hope you get my point there.
Secondly,you claim the questions were scripted - not like am doubting you - but if they were I bet premium times would be screaming that by now(yet to hear that from them) because their editor was one of the interviewers. Am always fair bro,and it was out of that fairness that I made a decision on who to vote today.

3 Likes

Re: 22 Things President Jonathan Said During The Presidential Media Chat by Caseless: 2:48am On Feb 12, 2015
No10:
Firstly,I don't know how to share links else I wld have done that to show you all the misquotations of the president by PT. I remember one though - GEJ,"... May 29,a government will be inaugurated." Premium Times,"... May 29,a NEW government will be inaugurated."
Emphasis on NEW. Hope you get my point there.
Secondly,you claim the questions were scripted - not like am doubting you - but if they were I bet premium times would be screaming that by now(yet to hear that from them) because their editor was one of the interviewers. Am always fair bro,and it was out of that fairness that I made a decision on who to vote today.
Haba, no matter how they hate the president, you don't expect them to run to streets and be screaming that the questions were scripted- they must be some decorum. Intact, I saw the editor of the premiumtimes handing a written question/note to adesuwa and this was caught on camera without the 2 of them knowing that the camera had caught them. Intact, adesuwa who appeared like more of a moderator today knew the question each and everyone of them was going to ask.

1 Like

Re: 22 Things President Jonathan Said During The Presidential Media Chat by Kennywills7(m): 2:57am On Feb 12, 2015
Still d best man for d job

2 Likes

Re: 22 Things President Jonathan Said During The Presidential Media Chat by bewla(m): 4:06am On Feb 12, 2015
no body is perfect but that dose not make me change my vote i keep it to my chest
Re: 22 Things President Jonathan Said During The Presidential Media Chat by luvmijeje(f): 4:20am On Feb 12, 2015
Is this one of the reasons he postpone the election?

2 Likes

Re: 22 Things President Jonathan Said During The Presidential Media Chat by paulolee(m): 4:37am On Feb 12, 2015
nice words from d President BT its is easier n betta said Dan done...
some peps dt dier fada cant do half of wat he had done n achieved ar quick to call hym clueless, dnt kno if its an internal hate, dunno if dea ar bin paid bt I kno its onli few APC PEPs av reasons to criticize hym
wi all ar Nigerians, wi av to work toqeda BT u sureli nid a qud, trustworthy n dependable leader BT m still tryinq to find anoda worthy heir coz if GEJ CNT lead us, I don't c buhari doing it..
not a fan of political propaqandaz coz dea ar all written scripts BT I jus pray for save n violent free polls n don't qv a FCK abt wu wins coz even if its CHANGE OR FREASH AIR is dier own political, Fckinq n selfish bizzness coz its still d same to masses n I qat ma reasons for dt statement

#carefully reads comment
watin I jus type self .....dt yesterday rain no try oooo.....e jus dull mi n I jus dea smoke wet s.k since.....
Re: 22 Things President Jonathan Said During The Presidential Media Chat by lilbabyak(m): 4:38am On Feb 12, 2015
Valthegreat:
But politics aside, I think this man means well for this country, his countenance,words and actions suggest so.
You might be wrong, you might be right. But his actions and sometimes inaction are legendary. Truth be told he is simply clueless. Even the animals in the zoo live better than some nigerian during this tenure

1 Like

Re: 22 Things President Jonathan Said During The Presidential Media Chat by benuejosh: 6:44am On Feb 12, 2015
march back to otueke, buhari we want.
Re: 22 Things President Jonathan Said During The Presidential Media Chat by Nobody: 7:15am On Feb 12, 2015
hmm
Re: 22 Things President Jonathan Said During The Presidential Media Chat by spenca: 7:23am On Feb 12, 2015
And I saw "I have the power to remove JEGA" this man just passed a message , Lemme go and tell Tinubu because this guy speaks from both side of his mouth and quickly influenced , such a weakening

1 Like

Re: 22 Things President Jonathan Said During The Presidential Media Chat by Nobody: 8:09am On Feb 12, 2015
thats a true leader talking, not a ruller. Buhari n all d old baboons wnts 2 rull us by all desperate means, God will never permit dem.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Troops Captures Buniyadi And Bunigari,storms Gwoza / I Will Not Accept Polls Cancellation – Buhari / Sokoto State Governorship Election Result – Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.