Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,873 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? (37037 Views)

76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? / Who Is The Best Nigerian Movie Actor/actress / Best Nigerian Movies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by Kingsimmer(m): 1:37pm On Oct 11, 2014
Guykhena:

You kidding right?
So People still watch Nollywood? undecided
Smh..
does it still exist?
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by ixora3(f): 1:42pm On Oct 11, 2014
The Meeting:Rita dominic killed it for me

1 Like

Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by funshyboi(m): 1:46pm On Oct 11, 2014
Omimah:

The girl (I've forgotten her name) was picked by the deity as one of the few virgins as the Arugba (calabash bearer) during the Osun-Oshogbo Festival. Don't forget, the person that bears the calabash must be a virgin.
yeah I remember
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by chaberry(m): 1:51pm On Oct 11, 2014
ayusco85:
Mine should be IGODO. A very legendary movie. Followed by "ORACLE". No nigerian movie like these two. Finally "ISSAKABA" part 1-6 cheesy
Ur head dey dia
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by AmNotDrunk(m): 1:57pm On Oct 11, 2014
Not a fan of nollywood but 1 movie I like is sweet money.
My fav scene was when cho cho toasted a girl (Angela ) they had kidnapped and she agreed. The oga threatened to kill her if her dad didn't pay d ransom but she begged him not to kill her that she want to marry cho cho and have kids for him. The oga turn and looked at chocho and said "what have you done to her"? grin grin
very funny movie that
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by kazmanbanjoko(m): 1:57pm On Oct 11, 2014
ije

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 11, 2014
Mine is. Karashika, after the school hour, ukwa, long john, oganigwe, living in bondage, most wanted, mr and mrs.
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by therapisteve(m): 2:02pm On Oct 11, 2014
Unforgivable by Dayo Amusa
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 11, 2014
samlak7:
I hate nollywood movies they sucks
u hate nollywood movies and u can't speak gud english.. Nawa oo
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:09pm On Oct 11, 2014
Guykhena:

No vex ,me and Nollywood no dey agree,,, we repel each other smiley
Alrice!
Try these ones & you ll v a nostalgia feeling & a change of heart towards some Nollywood films.
* Day Break Part 1 & 2
* Alenibare Part 1 & 2
* Battle Of Love
* Koseegbe
* Oleku Part 1 & 2
* Agbara Nla Part 1-3
* Ide Esu Part 1-3
* Mr Ibu Part 1 & 2.
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by LadyCaty(f): 2:10pm On Oct 11, 2014
MBtom:
u hate nollywood movies and u can't speak gud english.. Nawa oo

U aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ wicked o.. cheesy
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by Tchiman(m): 2:12pm On Oct 11, 2014
Mine is the peace maker....the lead actor is emeka ike.....am nt a fan of nollywood movies though....lol
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by mcdreeezy: 2:14pm On Oct 11, 2014
"Another Side Of Life" starring Bimbo Akintola, Richard Mofe Damijo, Nonso Diobi and a host of others. That movie still moves me till date mehn, I love err'thin abt the movie, ranging from the storyline to the soundtracks, theme songs e.t.c.

Another one is "Diamond Ring" starring Liz Benson and RMD.
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by Keypha(m): 2:18pm On Oct 11, 2014
Nkem Owoh. Long John and mounting zion Films
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by shegsrules(m): 2:20pm On Oct 11, 2014
For the old movies of real nollywood
1. Compromise
2. Last party
3. The oath
4. Full moon
5. August meeting
6. Can't remember the name but saint obi was a priest n his dad was a ritualist( Pete edochie)
The revived nollywood
1. Mr and Mrs
2. Figurine
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by natureblack(m): 2:21pm On Oct 11, 2014
frankezi:

You have nice taste. But I would add IGODO to your list if it was mine
I've seen Igodo,it's a creative and interesting movie,but I don't dig such movies
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by caprini1: 2:41pm On Oct 11, 2014
PHONE SWAP....the only Nollywood movie.
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by Bigsam101: 2:50pm On Oct 11, 2014
kolomax:
Mr and mrs
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by ayusco85(m): 2:55pm On Oct 11, 2014
chaberry:
Ur head dey dia

Ur left eye
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by horlabiyi(m): 2:59pm On Oct 11, 2014
Oleku
Thunderbolt
Saworo ide
Agogo ewo
Most Wanted
State Of Emergency
Isakaba
Madam Dearest
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by Jhulyan(m): 3:00pm On Oct 11, 2014
Guykhena:

You kidding right?
Smh..
so ppl arent free to watch wht thr like again??mst u criticize??
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by misshoree(f): 3:00pm On Oct 11, 2014
Guykhena:

You kidding right?
Smh..
stop forming for us here undecided
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by ngaz(f): 3:01pm On Oct 11, 2014
Alpha Base.... Best Nigerian series.almost hollywood standard
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by Kash007(m): 3:02pm On Oct 11, 2014
safarigirl:
1. Domitilla: the baddest ashawos ever liveth. Eucharia Anunobi, Victoria Inyama, Sandra Achums, Ann Njemanze, Bimbo Akintola...those were the days. They showed us in that movie say true true, ashawo na work

2. Most Wanted: I don't think i've seen another movie where the criminals were an all-women gang. Perfect acting from Ayo Adesanya, Bimbo Akintola, Regina Askia and Genevieve (this is the first movie I saw her in) can't forget the scene where they went to rob a fuel station and the way they played Segun Arinze mugu

3. Mr and Mrs: God Bless Nse-Ikpe Etim, she made this movie. Articulate, precise, passionate. Best part was when she confronted Joseph Benjamin's side chick...."i'm his wife, the mother of his kids, the love of his life and the woman who warms his bed, now who are you?" she killed me there.

4. Full Moon: the soundtrack of his movie, I can't forget. Another Regina Askia classic. She was a child of the full moon, whenever it came out, she had the power to turn people to statues. Remember the part where she turned her abusive dad to a statue when he was chasing her to beat her up.

5. Festival of Fire: Oh the days of Regina Askia, Saint Obi and KOK. Can't forget the scene where Saint Obi (the eze nmuo) and Regina Askia (Rev Sister) found out they were estranged twins. Watched it again recently, can never get over that movie

6. State of Emergency: JT Tom-West (RIP) made this movie bad-asss, his role was just on point. I always love the bad guys...can't forget the scene where a bomb was delivered to the school of the President's daughter wrapped in a gift wrapper and Saint Obi went James Bond on us to prevent the explosion

7. Magun: chai! If not for that movie, I won't even remember Uche Osotule...that movie is just impossible to forget though I was 11 when I saw it.

8. Tears in Heaven: I take style cry for this film sha. I remember Grace Amah and Susan Patrick from it, twas sad how their eldest sister died of cancer after all she sacrificed for her 3 siblings and then the turn around by the two rebels. What I love most were the songs. My best:

"I wan tell you something about wetin God dey do o
I wan tell you say, I have the love of God
Na him dey make me happy, na him dey make me jolly, na him dey make me sing egwu chineke...."

That's all folks ! grin. Sorry for any errors
You got this spot on, but it is missing IGODO.
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by misshoree(f): 3:02pm On Oct 11, 2014
The meeting
Lekki wives
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by gabazin080(m): 3:10pm On Oct 11, 2014
I will say MAINFRAME/ TUNDE KELANI MOVIES are d best Nigerian movies. but am surprised nobody has mentioned AYE KOOTO. I think it was d best film of d last 10 years.
it was suspence through out d part 1 and to some moment in d part 2. u just can't guess where d film is heading.
I also love SOMEWHERE IN AFRICA. don't know if its a nollywood movie though

1 Like

Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by Guykhena(m): 3:12pm On Oct 11, 2014
misshoree:
stop forming for us here undecided

Which form again? undecided

What's with the doubt....
Or is it a Taboo
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by stanley99a(m): 3:28pm On Oct 11, 2014
1.Glamour girls
2. Powerful civilian
3. Pam pam
4. Aki and pawpaw
5. Ukwa and
6. Nicodemus
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by Sarimah(f): 3:30pm On Oct 11, 2014
Ijele, living in bondage, diamond ring, vuga,phone swap....
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by Flawlessangel(m): 3:34pm On Oct 11, 2014
Derico by emeka ike...classic movie...
Isakaba....sam dede..
End of the river
igodo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Top 10 Sexiest Male Television Personalities In Nigeria(photos) / BBNaija: Ex-Housemate, Bally Supports Efe With A Customized T-shirt (Photos) / #BBNaija: Lizzy Anjorin Exposes Tobi Bakre, Canvasses For Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.