Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

What Buhari Must Do To Win 2015 Election - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Buhari Must Do To Win 2015 Election (7202 Views)

Ministerial List: What Buhari Did That Shocked Tinubu, Osinbajo – New Telegraph / Buhari May Soon Wish He Did Not Win 2015 Presidential Polls – Ben Bruce. / “Jonathan Will Win 2015 Election But Be Cut Short” – Prophet Emmanuel Nwazuo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Buhari Must Do To Win 2015 Election by Ngwakwe: 7:50pm On Oct 11, 2014
Obiagelli:

Apparently i can't change ur opinion no matter what facts i present. In the end its facts and proof that matter.

I made the quote because I brought his trial in a civilian court instead of a military tribunal that is the norm.

If the Soldiers convicted of mutiny and sentenced to death were tried in civilian court, I bet you the maximum will be seven years jail term while death would've been out of question.

1 Like

Re: What Buhari Must Do To Win 2015 Election by Ngwakwe: 7:59pm On Oct 11, 2014
Obiagelli:

Those are not Buhari’s words for God's sake.

No matter how you spin it, this is a direct quote contained in the same sentence for correlation purposes.

The general however said he has forgiven Mr. Babangida, although the events remained unforgettable. He also wished President Shehu Shagari, who he had earlier toppled and detained too, will forgive him.

3 Likes

Re: What Buhari Must Do To Win 2015 Election by obayaya(m): 8:07pm On Oct 11, 2014
Obiagelli:

I am yet to see substantial counter arguments.

You chose to be blinded to the arguments.

1.) You didn't prove Buhari didn't say Muslim should vote for Muslims. In fact your originating post is a proof that he said that. You merely offered an explanation of what (you believe) the general meant.

But that's entirely your opinion and holds no water. The general said Muslims should vote for Muslims and I (and a majority of Nigerians) understood literally the possible connotative meanings notwithstanding.

2.) Being Aware makes him a part of the plot to the coup. And Domkat Bali's testimony is enough. Remember Domkat Bali served under Buhari as Defence secretary (Minister of Defence).

You keep posting Col. Nyiam's testimony as a proof of Buhari's innocence. Seriously? Nyiam, who was a coup plotter himself? Who was probably irrelevant in the scheme of things in 1983 considering that began his studies at NDA in 1971 and spent most of the 70s studying in Europe.

Domkat Bali's wife account remains a more credible and believable testimony.

3 Likes

Re: What Buhari Must Do To Win 2015 Election by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 11, 2014
Why una dy try engage this girl na, leave am make she follow her master cry for polls next year.
Na only that time sleep go comot, before then, she go still dy dream, so time wasting for now.

2 Likes

Re: What Buhari Must Do To Win 2015 Election by greaterlove(m): 9:30pm On Oct 11, 2014
I opened this thread to read about what Buhari must do to win 2015 election, but after going through the posts I came to the conclusion that Buhari should not contest in the APC primaries let alone the 2015 presidential election.

2 Likes

Re: What Buhari Must Do To Win 2015 Election by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 12, 2014
Ngwakwe:

No matter how you spin it, this is a direct quote contained in the same sentence for correlation purposes.

The general however said he has forgiven Mr. Babangida, although the events remained unforgettable. He also wished President Shehu Shagari, who he had earlier toppled and detained too, will forgive him.
If the statement had read "President Shehu Shagari, who i (he) had earlier toppled and detained too, will forgive me (him)" then we can conclude that Buhari made the statement.
Re: What Buhari Must Do To Win 2015 Election by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 12, 2014
obayaya:

You chose to be blinded to the arguments.

1.) You didn't prove Buhari didn't say Muslim should vote for Muslims. In fact your originating post is a proof that he said that. You merely offered an explanation of what (you believe) the general meant.

But that's entirely your opinion and holds no water. The general said Muslims should vote for Muslims and I (and a majority of Nigerians) understood literally the possible connotative meanings notwithstanding.

2.) Being Aware makes him a part of the plot to the coup. And Domkat Bali's testimony is enough. Remember Domkat Bali served under Buhari as Defence secretary (Minister of Defence).

You keep posting Col. Nyiam's testimony as a proof of Buhari's innocence. Seriously? Nyiam, who was a coup plotter himself? Who was probably irrelevant in the scheme of things in 1983 considering that began his studies at NDA in 1971 and spent most of the 70s studying in Europe.

Domkat Bali's wife account remains a more credible and believable testimony.
Domkat Bali told his wife he was meeting buhari to plot a coup? You expect me to believe this shit.
Re: What Buhari Must Do To Win 2015 Election by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 12, 2014
What Buhari must do to be electable?

He has to be a time lord, go back in history and foist that coup that he was part of or benefitted from and a coup that saw a democratically elected leader removed through means strange to the constitution at the time!

But unfortunately Buhari is not a time lord and can not reverse his unelectability!

Buhari is a CRIMINAL !

2 Likes

Re: What Buhari Must Do To Win 2015 Election by VoteOutPDPJona: 11:06am On Oct 12, 2014
I will work for him if he fancies me.
Re: What Buhari Must Do To Win 2015 Election by obayaya(m): 11:12am On Oct 12, 2014
Obiagelli:

Domkat Bali told his wife he was meeting buhari to plot a coup? You expect me to believe this shit.

Even the Nyiam testimony you keep throwing about indicts Buhari. Pay attention to the bolded part of the quote below

Yes, there are many instances. You might want to verify this from Gen. Buhari, he was not the initiator of that coup that brought him in as Head of State, it was Gen. Ibrahim Bako and Babangida that initiated it. But because they wanted a credible figure as a face, he was brought in. He did not know the genesis of that coup. He was not quite aware of the original idea behind the coup and that was why when he decided to make a change, he was forced to step aside. 
http://www.punchng.com/feature/interview/ibb-not-buhari-overthrew-shagaris-govt-col-nyiam/

The bolded part simply means that

He was not quite aware of the original idea behind the coup. But he was aware of the coup at some point during the planning and gave tacit support.

Bali's wife's testimony is a typical case of an open secret.

There was also a revelation in the book that General Domkat Bali’s wife thought her husband was having an affair when she noticed that he always came home late, unlike him. When her suspicion became too much, one day he told her that he was not having an affair, but he was always coming back late because they were meeting in Buhari’s house to stage a coup. Buhari was the GOC in Jos at the time, and he told her not to tell anyone.

Incidentally, Domkat Bali’s wife is related to the wife of Solomon Lar, the then Governor of Plateau State. She realised that a coup would affect her relatives’ husband, and she could not take it, because she feared he could be killed. So, she told Lar’s wife, and Lar’s wife also told her husband.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/150148-exclusive-why-dying-yaradua-was-sneaked-into-nigeria-without-jonathans-knowledge-tanko-yakasai.html

The reason Bali confided in his wife is quite rational and believable.

Happy Sunday

2 Likes

Re: What Buhari Must Do To Win 2015 Election by vivalavida(m): 12:11pm On Oct 12, 2014
Buhari is damaged goods.
Find something or someone else to sell.
Re: What Buhari Must Do To Win 2015 Election by nuclearboy(m): 1:03pm On Oct 12, 2014
Ngwakwe:

What is this nonsense meant to achieve in a logical debate?

First of all, Tanko Yakasai's is the current chairman of Northern Elders Council (NEC) and not a novice like you.

As far back as 1953/1954, Yakasai was one of the editors of the Comet, one of the top news dailies.

What periodicals or facts can you provide to prove your points and refute Yakassai's interview?

You are not being sincere and are only trying to shift the post by not facing the obvious inference from my statement. There is NO WAY Yakassai was right saying a Maj-Gen would have been posted to Abeokuta. Obasanjo, IBB and even Buhari himself cannot sell such a dense lie BECAUSE there is NO post a serving Maj-General can hold in Abeokuta from 1960 till Today (2014) aside military governor which wasn't available under Shagari (1983)

So THAT WAS A LIE.

Since we have confirmed he lied in ONE statement, find a way to prove the other statements weren't lies. And remember your Deeper Life - It is NOT Godly to lie or manipulate the truth. Remember why Christ called some children of "the father of lies" tongue

Now try again or better still, ignoe and thus prove who your "true" father is (I hope its the right Father though) - none of us is always right and we may have missed a turn. However, lies, obfuscation and pride (which makes us avoid the simple honest truth even when we see it) are traits OWNED by Satan who could be Christian at times or Fulani other times

Yakassai was lying
Re: What Buhari Must Do To Win 2015 Election by Volksfuhrer(m): 1:39pm On Oct 12, 2014
vivalavida:
Buhari is damaged goods.
Find something or someone else to sell.

Buhari was never even good, talk less of ever becoming 'damaged'. He was and still is a Northern supremacist who sees the south as a necessary evil to dine with.

I am tired hearing about his anti-corruption stance that means nothing to me if his first allegiance is to The North.

Buhari is not fit for the presidency. His thought processes, made manifest by his unpresidential utterances, disqualify him.

Let APC find someone else in his stead, someone who loves the strength of our diversity.
Re: What Buhari Must Do To Win 2015 Election by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 14, 2014
nuclearboy:

You are not being sincere and are only trying to shift the post by not facing the obvious inference from my statement. There is NO WAY Yakassai was right saying a Maj-Gen would have been posted to Abeokuta. Obasanjo, IBB and even Buhari himself cannot sell such a dense lie BECAUSE there is NO post a serving Maj-General can hold in Abeokuta from 1960 till Today (2014) aside military governor which wasn't available under Shagari (1983)

So THAT WAS A LIE.

Since we have confirmed he lied in ONE statement, find a way to prove the other statements weren't lies. And remember your Deeper Life - It is NOT Godly to lie or manipulate the truth. Remember why Christ called some children of "the father of lies" tongue

Now try again or better still, ignoe and thus prove who your "true" father is (I hope its the right Father though) - none of us is always right and we may have missed a turn. However, lies, obfuscation and pride (which makes us avoid the simple honest truth even when we see it) are traits OWNED by Satan who could be Christian at times or Fulani other times

Yakassai was lying

Bless you brother
Re: What Buhari Must Do To Win 2015 Election by nuclearboy(m): 5:06pm On Oct 14, 2014
Obiagelli:

Bless you brother

Amen thanks. I notice he chose the "ignore option" as truth cannot be denied. Meanwhile, this isn't about Buhari but TRUTH!

Is it not sad realising that Deeper Life is a distant second to tribalism, lying and pride. Truly, Judgment has to start in God's Own house
Re: What Buhari Must Do To Win 2015 Election by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 14, 2014
nuclearboy:

Amen thanks. I notice he chose the "ignore option" as truth cannot be denied. Meanwhile, this isn't about Buhari but TRUTH!

Is it not sad realising that Deeper Life is a distant second to tribalism, lying and pride. Truly, Judgment has to start in God's Own house

You should visit this thread.

www.nairaland.com/1948747/apcs-roadmap-job-creation-action

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BREAKING!!! After Ozubulu Massacre, Another Gun Men Attack In Anambra Just NOW / BREAKING: Nigeria Army On The Run, Hundreds Of Residents Flee The North, / Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.