Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,335 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

PHOTO NEWS ; New Railway Equipments Land In Portharcourt. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTO NEWS ; New Railway Equipments Land In Portharcourt. (4334 Views)

Breaking News: New Inec Chairman Nominated! / State Of Railway During Buhari's Time - / Breaking News!!! New Market On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTO NEWS ; New Railway Equipments Land In Portharcourt. by PhockPhockMan: 4:06pm On Oct 11, 2014
On my recent business trip to PortHarcourt railway station, I was shocked and at the same time impressed at what my eyes saw. Even though I always believed the president’s amazing achievement in that sector as always propagated here by my fellow "REAL PROGRESSIVE", sincere9gerian, but they say seeing is believing. When I asked, they told me that small part of the equipments is for completion of portharcourt - Maiduguri rail line which is expected to be commissioned before the end of the year , while the rest are for another rail projects. Even though I was not allowed to take pictures of more important equipments in the warehouse, I was able to take some pictures of rail track, including yet to be offloaded ones, which is in over 28 lorries.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PHOTO NEWS ; New Railway Equipments Land In Portharcourt. by PhockPhockMan: 4:09pm On Oct 11, 2014
More pictures.

3 Likes

Re: PHOTO NEWS ; New Railway Equipments Land In Portharcourt. by davitogreat(m): 4:11pm On Oct 11, 2014
Thanks for the pics op.

I am looking forward to the completion of the port harcourt maiduguri line. It will really open up the east.
On top of that the east west road which connects all niger delta states is also due for commissioning before the end of the year.
The economic benefits of these 2 projects to the north east, eastern and south south regions will be immense.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTO NEWS ; New Railway Equipments Land In Portharcourt. by PhockPhockMan: 4:13pm On Oct 11, 2014
More

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO NEWS ; New Railway Equipments Land In Portharcourt. by Blakjewelry(m): 4:13pm On Oct 11, 2014
nice one... my only beef with him is, he is afraid to step on powerful toes which anyone on his right sense would do but right now, am not looking for anyone with his right sense. am looking for that leader who is willing to lay down his life for Nigeria and if 1 strand of his hair is touched we are going to bring the whole country down with him.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO NEWS ; New Railway Equipments Land In Portharcourt. by priscaoge(f): 4:16pm On Oct 11, 2014
Nigerians should put Political Sentiments aside and appreciate his good works! We need development and he is really trying his best.

GEJ taking Nigeria to greater height since 18BC wink wink.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PHOTO NEWS ; New Railway Equipments Land In Portharcourt. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 11, 2014
I hope its standard gauge.
Re: PHOTO NEWS ; New Railway Equipments Land In Portharcourt. by ahaika23: 4:20pm On Oct 11, 2014
I personally thank GEJ for being a human just like me with sympathy, a conscience, humility, care for the common man by delivering the dividends of democracy. For all those who have no honor, regard or respect for the President, I wish you goodluck in your anger/hatred pursuit. God bless

18 Likes

Re: PHOTO NEWS ; New Railway Equipments Land In Portharcourt. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 11, 2014
Obiagelli:
I hope its standard gauge.

It's a rehabilitation of the old single gauge line, so it isn't.
Re: PHOTO NEWS ; New Railway Equipments Land In Portharcourt. by PhockPhockMan: 4:39pm On Oct 11, 2014
priscaoge:
Nigerians should put Political Sentiments aside and appreciate his good works! We need development and he is really trying his best.

GEJ taking Nigeria to greater height since 18BC wink wink.
I wonder what Nigeria woluld've been if our past leaders pursued development with the same vigor Jonathan is doing.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PHOTO NEWS ; New Railway Equipments Land In Portharcourt. by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 11, 2014
ROSSIKE:

It's a rehabilitation of the old single gauge line, so it isn't.

Why the celebration? Any government still thinking about single gauge should be stoned. I hate quick fix. This is nothing more than election campaign tool.
Re: PHOTO NEWS ; New Railway Equipments Land In Portharcourt. by priscaoge(f): 4:45pm On Oct 11, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
I wonder what Nigeria would've been if our past leaders pursued development with the same vigor Jonathan is doing.

My Dear Nigeria would have been a paradise on earth. Even with all the troubles and problems Jonathan is facing,yet he is focused. Seriously he is really doing his best.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO NEWS ; New Railway Equipments Land In Portharcourt. by PhockPhockMan: 4:46pm On Oct 11, 2014
Blakjewelry:
nice one... my only beef with him is, he is afraid to step on powerful toes which anyone on his right sense would do but right now, am not looking for anyone with his right sense. am looking for that leader who is willing to lay down his life for Nigeria and if 1 strand of his hair is touched we are going to bring the whole country down with him.
May I ask, WHO IS THAT?
Re: PHOTO NEWS ; New Railway Equipments Land In Portharcourt. by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 11, 2014
Obiagelli:

Why the celebration? Any government still thinking about single gauge should be stoned. I hate quick fix. This is nothing more than election campaign tool.

You don't know what you're talking about. Narrow gauge lines are still in use throughout Europe and America. Nobody goes around dismantling those lines. They are always rehabilitated, but when you build new lines, you build standard gauge. That's what Nigeria is doing too. Some countries like Japan and South Africa, use exclusively narrow gauge lines:

''In some countries, narrow gauge is the standard, like the 3 ft 6 in (1,067 mm) gauge in Japan, Taiwan, New Zealand, South Africa, and Tasmania, and the 1,000 mm (3 ft 3 3⁄8 in) metre gauge in Malaysia and Thailand.''

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narrow_gauge_railway

10 Likes

Re: PHOTO NEWS ; New Railway Equipments Land In Portharcourt. by PhockPhockMan: 5:01pm On Oct 11, 2014
Obiagelli:

Did you stone Buhari, Babangida, Abacha, Abdulsalam, Obasanjo, yaradua for not laying a single kilometre of rail of any type.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PHOTO NEWS ; New Railway Equipments Land In Portharcourt. by otokx(m): 5:04pm On Oct 11, 2014
I was expecting to see a modern rail terminus with new standard gauge lines being installed but instead its lorries that can disappear tomorrow into thin air.
Re: PHOTO NEWS ; New Railway Equipments Land In Portharcourt. by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 11, 2014
ROSSIKE:

You don't know what you're talking about. Narrow gauge lines are still in use throughout Europe and America. Nobody goes around dismantling those lines. They are always rehabilitated, but when you build new lines, you build standard gauge. That's what Nigeria is doing too. Some countries like Japan and South Africa, use exclusively narrow gauge lines:

''In some countries, narrow gauge is the standard, like the 3 ft 6 in (1,067 mm) gauge in Japan, Taiwan, New Zealand, South Africa, and Tasmania, and the 1,000 mm (3 ft 3 3⁄8 in) metre gauge in Malaysia and Thailand.''

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narrow_gauge_railway
Those narrow gauges are usually converted/updated to standard gauges.

You ain't talking to a dunce here.

From the 19th into the early 20th there were many
600 mm (1 ft 11 5⁄ 8 in) and 760 mm (2 ft 5 15 ⁄ 16 in)
gauge railways in existence Bulgaria, some were
dismantled and others were converted to standard
gauge.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO NEWS ; New Railway Equipments Land In Portharcourt. by slimfit1(m): 5:08pm On Oct 11, 2014
These things looks like something that we can produce ourselves I'm not saying that the government is not trying but looking at these things a lot of companies I'm sure can produce this things.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO NEWS ; New Railway Equipments Land In Portharcourt. by adconline(m): 5:09pm On Oct 11, 2014
Thanks for sharing! There is nothing like " Equipments" it's either pieces of equipment or equipment.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO NEWS ; New Railway Equipments Land In Portharcourt. by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 11, 2014
silently and steadily, GEJ is silencing his doubters and surpassing expectations. They labelled him as clueless and slow but in his 4yrs he has done already what baba couldn't manage in 8yrs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTO NEWS ; New Railway Equipments Land In Portharcourt. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 11, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
Did you stone Buhari, Babangida, Abacha, Abdulsalam, Obasanjo, yaradua for not laying a single kilometre of rail of any type.
How many empty heads will i school for free today? Goodness me.

Operational performance of the Nigerian Railway
Corporation (NRC) reveal that the highest number of
passengers carried was 15,555,200 in 1984 (Buhari’s administration)

businessdayonline.com/2013/04/attracting-private-investors-in-rail-transport/

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO NEWS ; New Railway Equipments Land In Portharcourt. by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 11, 2014
otokx:
I was expecting to see a modern rail terminus with new standard gauge lines being installed but instead its lorries that can disappear tomorrow into thin air.
Imagine narrow gauges in 2014 and someone is posting it here as achievements. Too many 1idiots in my country.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO NEWS ; New Railway Equipments Land In Portharcourt. by ahaika23: 5:22pm On Oct 11, 2014
I wonder why people quote and reply people who have proven not to have a head, let alone brains to make use of. She keeps showing her foolishness in all threads. Read through and you'll know her. I can't even mention her name.

9 Likes

Re: PHOTO NEWS ; New Railway Equipments Land In Portharcourt. by priscaoge(f): 5:26pm On Oct 11, 2014
PhockPhockMan:

Ama kiss you for this single question kiss kiss kiss

7 Likes

Re: PHOTO NEWS ; New Railway Equipments Land In Portharcourt. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 11, 2014
So glad you didn't quote me eh, you must have read my signature. Good.
Re: PHOTO NEWS ; New Railway Equipments Land In Portharcourt. by priscaoge(f): 5:28pm On Oct 11, 2014
ahaika23:
I wonder why people quote and reply people who have proven not to have a head, let alone brains to make use of. She keeps showing her foolishness in all threads. Read through and you'll know her. I can't even mention her name.

This is hilarious cheesy

1 Like

Re: PHOTO NEWS ; New Railway Equipments Land In Portharcourt. by Blakjewelry(m): 5:38pm On Oct 11, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
May I ask, WHO IS THAT?
am yet to see that one
Re: PHOTO NEWS ; New Railway Equipments Land In Portharcourt. by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 11, 2014
Obiagelli:

Those narrow gauges are usually converted/updated to standard gauges.

You ain't talking to a dunce here.

From the 19th into the early 20th there were many
600 mm (1 ft 11 5⁄ 8 in) and 760 mm (2 ft 5 15 ⁄ 16 in)
gauge railways in existence Bulgaria, some were
dismantled and others were converted to standard
gauge.

Post the link to your source.

Also, there is no ''usually'' here. Japan is not ''usually'' converting its narrow gauge lines. Neither are South Africa, New Zealand, Taiwan etc. Narrow gauge lines are THE standard in those places. Can't you read? And it's 'gauge', not 'gauges'.

12 Likes

Re: PHOTO NEWS ; New Railway Equipments Land In Portharcourt. by denedene(m): 5:42pm On Oct 11, 2014
y maiduguri? *sobs*
Re: PHOTO NEWS ; New Railway Equipments Land In Portharcourt. by tosin2013: 5:48pm On Oct 11, 2014
Obiagelli:

How many empty heads will i school for free today? Goodness me.

Operational performance of the Nigerian Railway
Corporation (NRC) reveal that the highest number of
passengers carried was 15,555,200 in 1984 (Buhari’s administration)

businessdayonline.com/2013/04/attracting-private-investors-in-rail-transport/

well, you have to keep on schooling them I guess grin but I know how tough it can get, trying to put sense into a putrid brain shocked shocked

japan just launched a train that moves at 537km/hr based on magnetic levitation, we are here celebrating narrow gauge used in the 18th century, angry angry http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-08-28/world-s-fastest-train-to-resume-trials-as-japan-plans-new-line.html

anyway "stealing is not corruption"[i][/i]
Re: PHOTO NEWS ; New Railway Equipments Land In Portharcourt. by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 11, 2014
tosin2013:

well, you have to keep on schooling them I guess grin but I know how tough it can get, trying to put sense into a putrid brain shocked shocked

japan just launched a train that moves at 537km/hr based on magnetic levitation, we are here celebrating narrow gauge used in the 18th century, angry angry http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-08-28/world-s-fastest-train-to-resume-trials-as-japan-plans-new-line.html

anyway "stealing is not corruption"[i][/i]

Sometimes they are so pathetic i feel like weeping for them. Btw i am yet to see gej leave his 11 aircrafts for on of those locomotives.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO NEWS ; New Railway Equipments Land In Portharcourt. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 11, 2014
ROSSIKE:

Post the link to your source.

Also, there is no ''usually'' here. Japan is not ''usually'' converting its narrow gauge lines. Neither are South Africa, New Zealand, Taiwan etc. Narrow gauge lines are THE standard in those places. Can't you read? And it's 'gauge', not 'gauges'.
Thanks for the English lesson, are you by chance saying narrow gauge is the standard in Japan?

Taken from: http://en.wikipedia....ki/Narrow_gauge
" Except for the high-speed Shinkansen lines
and JR East Ou Main Line and Tazawako Line, all
of Japan Railways Group 's network is narrow
gauge, built at 1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in). Some
companies, such as Kintetsu , Keisei Electric
Railway , Keihin Electric Express Railway , Hankyu
Railway , Toei Asakusa Line , Tokyo Metro 's Ginza
Line and Marunouchi line , use standard gauge.
Tokyo's Keio Corporation network and the Toei
Shinjuku subway line, which operate through
services, use an
exceptional1,372 mm (4 ft 6 in) gauge. This gauge
is also used on the Tokyo and Hakodate tramways.
Japan adopted 762 mm (2 ft 6 in) as a standard
narrow gauge for minor, forestry and industrial
lines. However, most of these narrow gauge lines
were abandoned, and only four lines remain in
operation ( Kintetsu Utsube Line, Kintetsu Hachioji
Line , Sangi Railway , and Kurobe Gorge Railway ). "

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The 664 Years Old First Storey Building In Nigeria / The Politics And Insincerity Of Bailout Funds. / Hilarious PDP Sign To Counter 4+4 Sign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.