Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,499 members, 7,816,190 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Fire Burning Seriously At Molete Ibadan. TERRIBLE - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fire Burning Seriously At Molete Ibadan. TERRIBLE (36234 Views)

PDP Queries Buhari ‘indifference’ To Burning National Issues / Americans On Washington Post Hail Burning Of Suspected Female Boko Haram Bomber / Breaking News Fire Burning A Coscharis Warehousr In Lagos Right Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fire Burning Seriously At Molete Ibadan. TERRIBLE by walexGodson(m): 9:42am On Oct 13, 2014
Rip to them all that lose their life,,,,what a tragedy
Re: Fire Burning Seriously At Molete Ibadan. TERRIBLE by keypad1: 9:47am On Oct 13, 2014
Re: Fire Burning Seriously At Molete Ibadan. TERRIBLE by KolaShangOne(m): 9:55am On Oct 13, 2014
OduntanGabriel:
All the governor could do was to blame people parking @ d road side and selling things @ the road side(na only dem burn?). What of people passing bye or Driving along the road when the tanker explosion happened?

At least, if there wasn't anyone selling things there, there won't be anyone buying and therefore casualties reduced! Stop blaming the governor.
I've been in ibadan and I can say you people of ibadan never welcome good change! The shops under the Powerline in Alesinloye got burnt and contrary to the govs instruction, they started building new shops under the powerline 2days later.

When avoidable calamities happen, una go dey blame governor.
Re: Fire Burning Seriously At Molete Ibadan. TERRIBLE by felifeli: 9:56am On Oct 13, 2014
Vikkiboi:
Fire outbreak at molete bustop axis ibadan. So terrible.

No fewer than sixty people were burnt beyond recognition this evening
in Ibadan when a fuel tanker fell at the popular Molete Under-bridge,
splashing its highly inflammable content on all objects in sight with an
accompanying inferno. The accident that occurred around 9 pm left
scores dead and many people injured with varied degrees of injury.
When the Street Journal visited the scene of the accident, there was
commotion as many people were still trying to find their wards and
relatives that just passed though the area. Eye witness accounts have it
that the fuel tanker that was coming from Challenge end of Molete had
a break failure and the driver subsequently lost its control before it
rammed into a pole under the bridge, resulting in the fire disaster.
It was gathered at the scene of the accident that about dozens of Okada
riders and some commuters were caught up in the ensued fire disaster.
Traders by the roadsides particularly, the bread sellers were roasted like
bush meat. All the adjoining streets had a fair share of the disaster as
casualties figures are expected to rise as many people were caught
unawares in their shops. A combined team of security operatives and
the state emergency agencys were on ground to ensure that the number
of casualties was drastically brought under control. its well o

Even as fire dey burn like hellfire and rain dey fall like judgement day you still manage count more than 60 dead. God punish you. Baztard.
Re: Fire Burning Seriously At Molete Ibadan. TERRIBLE by PenSniper: 10:02am On Oct 13, 2014
Vikkiboi:
Fire outbreak at molete bustop axis ibadan. So terrible.

No fewer than sixty people were burnt beyond recognition this evening
in Ibadan when a fuel tanker fell at the popular Molete Under-bridge,
splashing its highly inflammable content on all objects in sight with an
accompanying inferno. The accident that occurred around 9 pm left
scores dead and many people injured with varied degrees of injury.
When the Street Journal visited the scene of the accident, there was
commotion as many people were still trying to find their wards and
relatives that just passed though the area. Eye witness accounts have it
that the fuel tanker that was coming from Challenge end of Molete had
a break failure and the driver subsequently lost its control before it
rammed into a pole under the bridge, resulting in the fire disaster.
It was gathered at the scene of the accident that about dozens of Okada
riders and some commuters were caught up in the ensued fire disaster.
Traders by the roadsides particularly, the bread sellers were roasted like
bush meat. All the adjoining streets had a fair share of the disaster as
casualties figures are expected to rise as many people were caught
unawares in their shops. A combined team of security operatives and
the state emergency agencys were on ground to ensure that the number
of casualties was drastically brought under control. its well o

Op, with due respect, this is no way to report a calamity moreso of this magnitude.
1 - no fewer than 60 casualties - how did you confirm the figure ?
2 - how on earth could you say human beings were roasted like bush meat ?
Does that portray a humane or beastly feeling ?
3 - you ended your report by saying " it is well o" Nay, what is well in a disaster of such magnitude if your is to be believed ?
Re: Fire Burning Seriously At Molete Ibadan. TERRIBLE by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 13, 2014
deletrue:
People plenty there well well. Mostly traders
SADsadMAY THEIR SOULS R.I.P
Re: Fire Burning Seriously At Molete Ibadan. TERRIBLE by attaodagba: 10:12am On Oct 13, 2014
Vikkiboi:
Fire still burning so hard, houses, shops and people burning. This is so terrible
This picture is not clear. Next time, you go closer.
Re: Fire Burning Seriously At Molete Ibadan. TERRIBLE by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 13, 2014
When Ajimobi said people should leave the roadside, they said he doesn't have human face sebi na the human face be this! Half of those dead are roadside traders had they not been selling by the road they would probably still be alive now.

1 Like

Re: Fire Burning Seriously At Molete Ibadan. TERRIBLE by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 13, 2014
Sarimah:
So sad cry
u r xoo emotional.
Re: Fire Burning Seriously At Molete Ibadan. TERRIBLE by Haryorqunley(m): 11:03am On Oct 13, 2014
May their soul rest in peace lipsrsealed
Re: Fire Burning Seriously At Molete Ibadan. TERRIBLE by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 13, 2014
RIP
Re: Fire Burning Seriously At Molete Ibadan. TERRIBLE by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 13, 2014
RIP to the dead embarassed embarassed
Re: Fire Burning Seriously At Molete Ibadan. TERRIBLE by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 13, 2014
glitest:
RIP to the dead embarassed embarassed
amen my dear
Re: Fire Burning Seriously At Molete Ibadan. TERRIBLE by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 13, 2014
sameer1212:
amen my dear
It sucks
Re: Fire Burning Seriously At Molete Ibadan. TERRIBLE by buoye1(m): 12:59pm On Oct 13, 2014
RIP
Re: Fire Burning Seriously At Molete Ibadan. TERRIBLE by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 13, 2014
glitest:

It sucks
yeah my dear it realy sucks..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fire Burning Seriously At Molete Ibadan. TERRIBLE by Babanl(m): 1:33pm On Oct 13, 2014
embarassed

Re: Fire Burning Seriously At Molete Ibadan. TERRIBLE by Wisedata(m): 2:07pm On Oct 13, 2014
Wat a tragedy. That place is choked up. Pple might not b able to find there way easily. God have mercy on ur children ooo
Re: Fire Burning Seriously At Molete Ibadan. TERRIBLE by osangaope: 2:28pm On Oct 13, 2014
Many Pastors Practise Occultism In The Church- Anselm Madubuko

http://www.naijashine.com.ng/many-pastors-practise-occultism-church-anselm-madubuko/

Source: Naijashine.com.ng
Re: Fire Burning Seriously At Molete Ibadan. TERRIBLE by lexy2920(m): 2:31pm On Oct 13, 2014
This will be a lesson to those goods sellers around molete that didn't have 2lifes to vacate the place and go the right place.May God save us in this state, ani ri iru e mo. Amin
Re: Fire Burning Seriously At Molete Ibadan. TERRIBLE by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 13, 2014
chimoz:

Must you quote me?
Hey, i wont hv ooo buh ya comment was rada very INSENSITIVE okay.....The Joke or wateva was UN CALLED FOR biko
Re: Fire Burning Seriously At Molete Ibadan. TERRIBLE by whitecat1: 2:54pm On Oct 13, 2014
It's easy! Victims of this and their families need to sue the owner/company of the tanker. Things will change when we start holding people accountable. When half of their bottom line is used for insurance coverage, lawsuits and settlement, they will be more careful.
ayusco85:
TheSe trailers and fuel tankers cause more harm than good. I passed tru Okene yesterday from the south to abuja, wat my eye saw!!!! shocked if I had the powers I will ban tanker drivers and trailers from plying our highways. They should use the rails

1 Like

Re: Fire Burning Seriously At Molete Ibadan. TERRIBLE by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 13, 2014
valdes00:

Same here bro... Am still on bed.... Tanx 4 ur tym...

Again dude, you don't matter but at least you stopped fresking out.
Re: Fire Burning Seriously At Molete Ibadan. TERRIBLE by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 13, 2014
nnekamezor:
Hey, i wont hv ooo buh ya comment was rada very INSENSITIVE okay.....The Joke or wateva was UN CALLED FOR biko
Okay missy, lets put it aside us....kedu ka imere
Re: Fire Burning Seriously At Molete Ibadan. TERRIBLE by soulglo: 4:06pm On Oct 13, 2014
whitecat1:
It's easy! Victims of this and their families need to sue the owner/company of the tanker. Things will change when we start holding people accountable. When half of their bottom line is used for insurance coverage, lawsuits and settlement, they will be more careful.

I should show this post to my friend who told me that there's no point in suing and aggressive driver who hits your car because you can never win a case in Nigeria. If we keep thinking like this the system with never work
Re: Fire Burning Seriously At Molete Ibadan. TERRIBLE by xcoded(m): 4:17pm On Oct 13, 2014
R I P
Re: Fire Burning Seriously At Molete Ibadan. TERRIBLE by onyxo76(m): 4:28pm On Oct 13, 2014
hmm this is not good at all, that end is very busy especially at night, i have a friend who has his clinic just at bottom of that fly over , i just hope all is well with him...
Re: Fire Burning Seriously At Molete Ibadan. TERRIBLE by valdes00(m): 4:42pm On Oct 13, 2014
CityNG:

Again dude, you don't matter but at least you stopped fresking out.
Welcome back bro, hw ws ur day... U miss me?
Re: Fire Burning Seriously At Molete Ibadan. TERRIBLE by kilimanjaro(m): 5:04pm On Oct 13, 2014
chloride6:

@rickidony with a body like that, you could do better than book space.

Lawd have mercy!!!!!!! . It's hot in here.

Which body does she have She just remind me of the girls i've seen in the streets of Ijora-Badia. Imagine her booking space when scores of people were dying horribly undecided. cry

RIP to the dead.

1 Like

Re: Fire Burning Seriously At Molete Ibadan. TERRIBLE by ghananotnaija(m): 5:29pm On Oct 13, 2014
RIP to the victims. Thoughts and prayers to the survivors and their family.

We in Africa have to take road safety more seriously. Even in Ghana this is a problem.
Re: Fire Burning Seriously At Molete Ibadan. TERRIBLE by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 13, 2014
valdes00:

Welcome back bro, hw ws ur day... U miss me?

Yes, I'm having a most wonderful day in Los Angeles. This mornings commute was exciting, I picked a fight I couldn't win with a Porsche 911 but it was all in good fun.

How about your day? I hope the Okada riders sweat didn't flow back onto your face sha.
Re: Fire Burning Seriously At Molete Ibadan. TERRIBLE by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 13, 2014
soulglo:

I should show this post to my friend who told me that there's no point in suing and aggressive driver who hits your car because you can never win a case in Nigeria. If we keep thinking like this the system with never work

Tell, your friend to sue.

Especially in Nigeria, when you hit people in their pockets they will take note.

The lawlessness in Nigeria can be reigned in when sizable sums are awarded by jurors to victims.

But don't worry about the noise from certain miscreants in this section, they are mostly uneducated, untraveled and don't know any better.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osinbajo And El-Rufai Jet Out To London For A Meeting / Eugene Anenih: 7 Things You Need To Know About Late Son Of PDP Chieftain / Benjamin Mzondu Introduces A Bill To Raise Academic Qualification For Presidents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.