Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

Do Ngwa People Still Eat Humans? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do Ngwa People Still Eat Humans? (14333 Views)

NGWA PEOPLE: Are They Really Cannibals? / Inwe Ike Ide N'igbo N'edeghi N'oyibo, Ngwa Nu Bia Nwale....... / Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Ngwa People Still Eat Humans? by Fxwarrior: 6:28am On Oct 12, 2014
Ngwa people especially Isiala Ngwa have been known as flesh eaters. Is this notion still correct? Marriages have been canceled, travels shelved and business engagements nullified. What are your views concerning them?

1 Like

Re: Do Ngwa People Still Eat Humans? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 12, 2014
Fxwarrior:
Ngwa people especially Isiala Ngwa have been known as flesh eaters. Is this notion still correct? Marriages have been canceled, travels shelved and business engagements nullified. What are your views concerning them?

and your flesh is already boiling in your village pot.
Grow up OP and stop being a clown.
#advicetoOP

3 Likes

Re: Do Ngwa People Still Eat Humans? by Fxwarrior: 5:02pm On Oct 12, 2014
adeitoro:

and your flesh is already boiling in your village pot.
Grow up OP and stop being a clown.
#advicetoOP

Go and tell your father he ll explain it to you. Don't speak if your brain lacks comprehension.
Re: Do Ngwa People Still Eat Humans? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 12, 2014
That is why you need to eat your own flesh before spewing rubbish about your ancestry in nairaland.

Fxwarrior:

Go and tell your father he ll explain it to you. Don't speak if your brain lacks comprehension.

3 Likes

Re: Do Ngwa People Still Eat Humans? by ChinenyeN(m): 5:53pm On Oct 12, 2014
Funny you should make this thread now, Fxwarrior. This is actually the time of year in which we have the Odongo festival. It is a festival where we singe the flesh of an unsuspecting stranger in the local community. In the past, it was performed openly in the okasaa. However, the increased immigration of foolishly gullible mumu like yourself into Ngwaland over the past centuries has relegated the practice to the quiet shadows. Hmm maybe you secretly want to be singed, eghu.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Ngwa People Still Eat Humans? by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:22pm On Oct 13, 2014
Useless thread!
Re: Do Ngwa People Still Eat Humans? by sukpehi(m): 3:15pm On Oct 14, 2014
They still eat.Never travel to ngwa village alone when you do not know how to speak their language

2 Likes

Re: Do Ngwa People Still Eat Humans? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 14, 2014
lol
Re: Do Ngwa People Still Eat Humans? by e4e5d4d5: 7:07pm On Oct 14, 2014
But in all seriousness sha. . .r the rumours about ngwa true??. . .I don't mean to offend any ngwa indigene. .it's just that I've heard this rumour so many times. .I would like to hear from someone from ngwa on this topic
Re: Do Ngwa People Still Eat Humans? by Fxwarrior: 9:09pm On Oct 14, 2014
e4e5d4d5:
But in all seriousness sha. . .r the rumours about ngwa true??. . .I don't mean to offend any ngwa indigene. .it's just that I've heard this rumour so many times. .I would like to hear from someone from ngwa on this topic

You are very naïve. How do you expectt them to own up to eating humans? You should rather ask those that had near death experiences there.

2 Likes

Re: Do Ngwa People Still Eat Humans? by ChinenyeN(m): 9:54pm On Oct 14, 2014
So, between your claim of Ngwa people not "owning up" and the sea of rumors which you gullible people love to swim through, how do you expect to find the truth? Oh wait, of course. Ask those with near death experiences. It makes so much sense right? Yet, among all those "near death experiences" you see not one mark on their body to show for it. No evidence that cutlass even tasted their flesh.

If you like, let the rumors consume your conscience until your paranoia grows and destroys you. Otherwise, if you prefer, we can arrange for your visit to Ala Ngwa, for your flesh to be singed and your decapitated head presented before Ekwesu, because that truly is the only way to ensure that you don't make yourself out to be a gullible and foolish liar. It will be the only way for you yourself to ensure that your NL thread has merit and isn't just eating bandwidth for no reason.

2 Likes

Re: Do Ngwa People Still Eat Humans? by Fxwarrior: 6:17am On Oct 15, 2014
ChinenyeN:
So, between your claim of Ngwa people not "owning up" and the sea of rumors which you gullible people love to swim through, how do you expect to find the truth? Oh wait, of course. Ask those with near death experiences. It makes so much sense right? Yet, among all those "near death experiences" you see not one mark on their body to show for it. No evidence that cutlass even tasted their flesh.

If you like, let the rumors consume your conscience until your paranoia grows and destroys you. Otherwise, if you prefer, we can arrange for your visit to Ala Ngwa, for your flesh to be singed and your decapitated head presented before Ekwesu, because that truly is the only way to ensure that you don't make yourself out to be a gullible and foolish liar. It will be the only way for you yourself to ensure that your NL thread has merit and isn't just eating bandwidth for no reason.

Eat your own flesh and drink your own blood mor0n.

1 Like

Re: Do Ngwa People Still Eat Humans? by successking401(m): 7:12am On Oct 15, 2014
Fxwarrior:

Eat your own flesh and drink your own blood mor0n.
how convincing is this crap u just poured out?at least u can figure out sOme points from the guy comment except u are blind or lacks coherent assimilation of common adjectives.next time don't start an argument which u can't be able to support with facts.I hereby sentence you to 120 yrs for lacking a convincing fact in an argument in which u are the progenitor,and 100 years for falsefuL allegation.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Ngwa People Still Eat Humans? by ehissi(m): 4:15pm On Apr 15, 2017
e4e5d4d5:

Bros Its is very true, my neighbour who is from enugu, lost someone, some years ago in his community to Ngwa people. The igwe of his village made them contribute #1,000 for the men and #500 for the women in their community and handed it over to delegation who went to State CID in Abia state.

They helped them confirm their worst fears, that the man they were looking for was probably used to perform the burial he attended. Typically its a job that the youths of the community perform secretly with guidance by the elders. They roast and share privily.

Smart people, do not go to villages for events in Ngwa territory especially if you are not from that village. Ikom, anang and Kalabari too are in on it too. Abriba people used to be involved but they insist that they have stopped that tradition.

But you dont need to believe me, read capt gbulies story...

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/bizarre-people-ate-human-beings-war-capt-gbulie/
Re: Do Ngwa People Still Eat Humans? by Ukaegbuagbaieni: 7:39pm On Apr 15, 2017
The same where their accusing Abiriba town for eating humanbeing. My question now is Op have Ngwa people eat you before or any of your relative, if no kpachara anya gi ooo

2 Likes

Re: Do Ngwa People Still Eat Humans? by Ukaegbuagbaieni: 7:56pm On Apr 15, 2017
ehissi:

Bros Its is very true, my neighbour who is from enugu, lost someone, some years ago in his community to Ngwa people. The igwe of his village made them contribute #1,000 for the men and #500 for the women in their community and handed it over to delegation who went to State CID in Abia state.

They helped them confirm their worst fears, that the man they were looking for was probably used to perform the burial he attended. Typically its a job that the youths of the community perform secretly with guidance by the elders. They roast and share privily.

Smart people, do not go to villages for events in Ngwa territory especially if you are not from that village. Ikom, anang and Kalabari too are in on it too. Abiriba people used to be involved but they insist that they have stopped that tradition.

But you dont need to believe me, read capt gbulies story...

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/bizarre-people-ate-human-beings-war-capt-gbulie/
How dear you mensioning Abiriba as a people that eat human flash, have you see it on television or read it in social media. Let this be your first and last you make that faud accuss for the Abiriba kingdom

1 Like

Re: Do Ngwa People Still Eat Humans? by ehissi(m): 8:23pm On Apr 15, 2017
Ukaegbuagbaieni:
How dear you mensioning Abiriba as a people that eat human flash, have you see it on television or read it in social media. Let this be your first and last you make that faud accuss for the Abiriba kingdom

My dear, its "How dare" and not "How dear"; plus, it has nothing to do with false accusation. Real Abriba people whey grow up for village no dey deny themselves, na the fake ass folks whey grow for town dey make noise.

In any case, na proper Abriba man, na E notify me straight say them dey wack am before as a cultural requirement for certain festivities but have stopped it. Anyone doing it now, is on his/her own.........

There I've said it, wetin you wan do......., angry

I am in my house, comman beat me ni........ tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Ngwa People Still Eat Humans? by RedboneSmith(m): 9:03pm On Apr 15, 2017
Aba is a large town filled with strangers, right in the middle of Ngwaland. Daily, people pour into Aba's market from all over Igboland and even from places like Port Harcourt and Ikot Ekpene. They travel through Ngwa villages to get to the market.

Stories of missing visiting market people and discovered human bones should be much more common if these stories are true.

2 Likes

Re: Do Ngwa People Still Eat Humans? by Afam4eva(m): 9:22pm On Apr 15, 2017
While growing up in port-hacourt, that was one of the major stories we used to hear about Ngwa people but like most stories, there's never evidence to prove them.

1 Like

Re: Do Ngwa People Still Eat Humans? by Pharaoh9(m): 9:28pm On Apr 15, 2017
Fxwarrior:

You are a lying Morron, 2 months before I traveled out of Nigeria, we attended wedding in Ngwa from Imo State
Re: Do Ngwa People Still Eat Humans? by ehissi(m): 10:46pm On Apr 15, 2017
Pharaoh9:

You are a lying Morron, 2 months before I traveled out of Nigeria, we attended wedding in Ngwa from Imo State

Try Ngwa for Abia State. Make sure say you attend un-invited and alone, ensure it is a village far away from town. If them no use your yansh and prick do better oha soup, call me "Second Buhari"........ grin
Re: Do Ngwa People Still Eat Humans? by Ukaegbuagbaieni: 10:55pm On Apr 15, 2017
Ukaegbuagbaieni:
How dare you mensioning Abiriba as a people that eat human flash, have you see it on television or read it in social media. Let this be your first and last you make that faud accuss for the Abiriba kingdom
Re: Do Ngwa People Still Eat Humans? by Ukaegbuagbaieni: 11:11pm On Apr 15, 2017
ehissi:

My dear, its "How dare" and not "How dear"; plus, it has nothing to do with false accusation. Real Abriba people whey grow up for village no dey deny themselves, na the fake ass folks whey grow for town dey make noise.

In any case, na proper Abriba man, na E notify me straight say them dey wack am before as a cultural requirement for certain festivities but have stopped it. Anyone doing it now, is on his/her own.........

There I've said it, wetin you wan do......., angry

I am in my house, comman beat me ni........ tongue
Since Abiriba has stop eating humanbeing why won't you and your community stop it as while
Re: Do Ngwa People Still Eat Humans? by ehissi(m): 7:55am On Apr 16, 2017
Ukaegbuagbaieni:
Since Abiriba has stop eating humanbeing why won't you and your community stop it as while

Sorry!Esan people specifically and Edo people in general are not known to have Cannibalistic tendencies like some quarters of Ndi-Igbo or Abriba. tongue
Re: Do Ngwa People Still Eat Humans? by Ukaegbuagbaieni: 2:00pm On Apr 16, 2017
ehissi:

Sorry!Esan people specifically and Edo people in general are not known to have Cannibalistic tendencies like some quarters of Ndi-Igbo or Abriba. tongue
Don't you think you are deceiving yourself for that, we all know that you and your community are still eating humanbeing. lt's not a time you guys stop eating your follow humanbeing since lgbo has stop it
Re: Do Ngwa People Still Eat Humans? by Ukaegbuagbaieni: 2:01pm On Apr 16, 2017
ehissi:

Don't you think you are deceiving yourself for that, we all know that you and your community are still eating humanbeing. lt's not a time you guys stop eating your follow humanbeing since lgbo has stop it sad
ehissi:

Don't you think you are deceiving yourself for that, we all know that you and your community are still eating humanbeing. lt's not a time you guys stop eating your follow humanbeing since lgbo has stop it
Re: Do Ngwa People Still Eat Humans? by ehissi(m): 6:26pm On Apr 16, 2017
Ukaegbuagbaieni:
Don't you think you are deceiving yourself for that, we all know that you and your community are still eating humanbeing. lt's not a time you guys stop eating your follow humanbeing since lgbo has stop it sad Don't you think you are deceiving yourself for that, we all know that you and your community are still eating humanbeing. lt's not a time you guys stop eating your follow humanbeing since lgbo has stop it

Hmmmmmmmmmm.......

So you are now willing to admit that igbo folks were once Cannibals! shocked

Thats a fresh start! grin

Those who have a reasonable amount of exposure and education and arent afraid to do a little research already know that we the people of Edo (Binis, Esan, et. al.) Dont have that in history....... grin

Undertake research and thank me later....... smiley wink
Re: Do Ngwa People Still Eat Humans? by AkwaI: 8:53pm On May 29, 2018
I am from the Annang tribe........the issue of cannibalism in our part is false...

we have strangers living with us.

If it had happened in days past, it has stopped. I hope i am understood.
Re: Do Ngwa People Still Eat Humans? by RedboneSmith(m): 10:51am On Jun 03, 2018
Asquare84:
My father stop my younger sister from marrying somebody from abia state three years ago, initially I was against my father decision but later I found out from my colleague in d office that is from Ngwa that they eat human being. She even told my that family sell dead body of their family member to make pepper soup and at times they raid mutuary to steal human body for meat.

Attach are pix I got from her phone. You will clearly see a cup of palm wine at the background

The last picture is from some Asian country. That throws the authenticity of the whole thing out of the window.

Addendum: A simple Google search suggests the first two pictures are from Uganda.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Ngwa People Still Eat Humans? by Asquare84(m): 11:05am On Jun 03, 2018
RedboneSmith:

The last picture is from some Asian country. That throws the authenticity of the whole thing out of the window.

Addendum: A simple Google search suggests the first two pictures are from Uganda.

I did not say those picture were taking from Ngwa land I only got those pictures from her phone which shows that they harbour human killing

(1) (Reply)

Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others / Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival / Nigerian Languages You Speak or Write Well

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.