Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Boko Haram: Nigerian Army Denies Burning Of APC By Its Officers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Nigerian Army Denies Burning Of APC By Its Officers (1020 Views)

Army Raises The Alarm, Some Of Its Officers Plotting To Sabotage Boko Haram War / Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram / Jonathan Outsmarted APC By Conceding Defeat – Abati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: Nigerian Army Denies Burning Of APC By Its Officers by Eldavido1: 6:44am On Oct 12, 2014
Director of Army Public Relations (DAPR), Brig-Gen. Olajide Laleye
By Senator Iroegbu in Abuja
The military has denied reports that a Colonel, and 10 other officers
of the Nigerian Army set ablaze Armoured Personnel Carriers (APC)
in order to pave way for Boko Haram to advance in Adamawa State.
The report by one of the dailies (not THISDAY) had it that the Army
Colonel, some junior officers and soldiers who were taking part in
the military offensive to reclaim communities taken over by the
Boko Haram terrorists in Adamawa State, had been arrested for the
alleged sabotage.
However, the Director of Army Public Relations (DAPR), Brig-Gen.
Olajide Laleye, while responding to THISDAY inquiries on the matter
yesterday, described the report as untrue.
According to Laleye, APC is a special weapon of dual purpose that
could not just be easily be put on fire by any officer or personnel.
He also clarified that the Army only made tactical withdrawal in
accordance with the outcomes of the battle, explaining that it is
derogatory to insinuate that the soldiers “ran away”.
“It is not true”, he insisted, adding, “it is not true in the sense that no
APC was set on fire”.
He said: “No APC was set on fire, at all. There was nothing like that.
So the report is not true. How can you say the military ran away
(from battle) when such did not happen? There was nothing like
setting on fire of the APC, because APC is a weapon on its own.
Apart from the fact APC is used to convey troops to the theatre of
operations, on its own it is a weapon. So no APC was set on fire”.
“Let us put it this way, to use the word ‘run away’ is unfair to the
military. It can even be that the military in one of its operation made
a tactical withdrawal. Yes it is tactical because withdrawal is a
tactical maneuver that troops embark on to confirm to the higher
commander’s directive or to confirm to the movement of the battle
as it rages”, he noted.
Yesterday, some media report had it that a top military sources said
the colonel (a Muslim) who was Commanding a team of three APCs,
with the capability to fire up to a range of 1.5kilometres or even
more, had instead of pursuing the terrorists, deliberately set the
APCs on fire between Gulak and Madagali, before running away with
his team of soldiers into the bush.
The report noted that the Army authorities were outraged over the
development and ordered the arrest of both the commander, the
junior officers as well as the soldiers under his command.

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/boko-haram-nigerian-army-denies-burning-of-apc-by-its-officers/191071/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Army Denies Burning Of APC By Its Officers by manutdadex(m): 7:06am On Oct 12, 2014
chai! Nigerian dailys get journalist wey dey cover dis war live? If nt make dem shut up. ...fp tinz

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Army Denies Burning Of APC By Its Officers by GenWOJUOLA(m): 7:07am On Oct 12, 2014
"Tactical withdrawal"... I love that phrase.... My guys ran for dear life jooor!!! May God give dem d wisdom to knw wen to make a 'tactical runaway' and when to face d enemy, thats d only way we can reduce d casualties on our side and inflict more painful damage on our enemies! Amen

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Army Denies Burning Of APC By Its Officers by chinwike2(m): 7:11am On Oct 12, 2014
No mind sahararepoters na them go dey tired of LIES, GOD bless Nigerian military
Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Army Denies Burning Of APC By Its Officers by khattab02: 8:36am On Oct 12, 2014
I don dey wait for the counter news tay tay! Na wa ooo....

Now who report am? Na sahara ko?

Well I no know whether them report sha but I know even vanguardngr report am, here...

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/sabotage-army-col-10-officers-set-nigerian-tankers-ablaze-pave-way-for-boko-haram/
Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Army Denies Burning Of APC By Its Officers by reedonne: 8:44am On Oct 12, 2014
Nigeria media and their divisive news.
Chai thereisgod ooo
Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Army Denies Burning Of APC By Its Officers by Omololu007(m): 8:45am On Oct 12, 2014
chinwike2:
No mind sahararepoters na them go dey tired of LIES, GOD bless Nigerian military
d stupid news site dat reported d trash news was vanguard,it was written by omonibi

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Army Denies Burning Of APC By Its Officers by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 12, 2014
I knew it was a lie when i read it.probably another one from sahara reporterz,...our brave men wld neva do that..great nigerian army.
Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Army Denies Burning Of APC By Its Officers by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 12, 2014
In the other thread. I info my fellow comrades that the story was false
It was an attempt to black mail Northerner muslims in our Arm forces
We must be united to win the war

Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Army Denies Burning Of APC By Its Officers by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 12, 2014
Akoja360:
I knew it was a lie when i read it.probably another one from sahara reporterz,...our brave men wld neva do that..great nigerian army.
its was vanguard. Trying to destroy the credibility of muslims with in the ranks of NA
Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Army Denies Burning Of APC By Its Officers by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 12, 2014
Ibnsultan:
its was vanguard. Trying to destroy the credibility of muslims with in the ranks of NA
they may try but they would not succede..
Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Army Denies Burning Of APC By Its Officers by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 12, 2014
Akoja360:
they may try but they would not succede..
definately
The cohesion in the military will not be destroyed by bloody journalist

(1) (Reply)

Lamido’s Chief Of Staff Resigns After 16 Years / B H: Why Don't The Army Just Give People Weapons To Protect Themselves? / PDP Vs APC: Who Lies Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.