Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) (97904 Views)

Top 6 Most Beautiful University Campuses In Nigeria (photos) / Opinion: Top 5 Nigerias Most Beautiful University Libraries / Most Beautiful University In Northern Nigeria! What Do U Think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by Bukkiminat(f): 11:33am On Oct 12, 2014
#Sobs.....

Wer z ma premier university library b4 ah vex 4u kunlexic
Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by noordean(m): 11:39am On Oct 12, 2014
Kunlexic:
which 1 is urs?
oau

1 Like

Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by SaintRobs: 11:45am On Oct 12, 2014
You forgot to add the number of students the library can accommodeate,and the volume of the books?? #TeamOasis...
Kunlexic:
4. University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) Library

On October 25, 1976 after the Principal’s maiden address to the foundation students and staff in the Africa Hall at about 10.00 a.m. the University Library formally commenced its routines and services to clientele.

The Library provides a wide range of services.  Arrangements have been completed to resuscitate inter-library loans and bindery services.  Hardware facilities are available for consulting audio-visual and e-resources.  Detailed instruction in Library use is provided to undergraduates as part of the General Studies programme while advanced bibliographic courses are to be worked out for final year and postgraduate students and staff preparing for their long essays dissertations and research respectively.  All enquiries regarding reader instruction, either on individual basis or in groups should be made to the Readers’ Services Librarian.

1 Like

Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 12, 2014
noordean:
..and i knew mine would b in d 1st 3
I refuse to be intimidatedtongue

Kunlexic:
which school is that?
One of the federal University of Technology in the country,the library isn't that bad but compared to these Well I can as well say the school lacks a librarylipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by PrinceMario(m): 11:56am On Oct 12, 2014
OAU should be first on that list.
Kudos anyways.

6 Likes

Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by Abuklaw(m): 12:03pm On Oct 12, 2014
barackodam:

this people are toying with fire. No one dare compare Kashim Ibrahim Library to any other university's library. It is undoubtedly the largest in the sub-sahara Africa.

Read about it here: www.webpages.uidaho.edu/~mbolin/nok.htm

www.gamji.com/article4000/NEWS4577.htm

1 Like

Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by noordean(m): 12:19pm On Oct 12, 2014
nabsprada:

no one is intimidating u lol...ao was service dear?
Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by fairheven: 12:21pm On Oct 12, 2014
@OP,is not erecting of giganti architectural master-piece,wat maters is what is inside..the content not the container. cool

1 Like

Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by Deefuray(f): 12:39pm On Oct 12, 2014
John Harris library, where at thou?

4 Likes

Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 12, 2014
noordean:
no one is intimidating u lol...ao was service dear?
lolz,okay o...service was reviving dearie mi cool
Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by cooljoe13: 12:58pm On Oct 12, 2014
who says the weekend is not great.says who? The weekend must be faulous and fantastico when you can Get up to 20gb free data on your mtn just for today now . It really hot. just for today. Clcik the Link Below

http://olawaleboss..com/2014/10/get-up-to-20gb-free-on-mtn-now-and-today.html
Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by Kunlexic(m): 1:24pm On Oct 12, 2014
Bukkiminat:
#Sobs.....

Wer z ma premier university library b4 ah vex 4u kunlexic
abeg don't vex for me yet ooo
grin grin

Kenneth Dike Library,University of Ibadan

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by Kunlexic(m): 1:27pm On Oct 12, 2014
fairheven:
@OP,is not erecting of giganti architectural master-piece,wat maters is what is inside..the content not the container. cool
we re'not talking of the content,it is hw beautiful,shey na becoz ur schl no dey dere grin

2 Likes

Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by rodeo0070(m): 2:29pm On Oct 12, 2014
TEAM OAU...

8 Likes

Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 12, 2014
Kunlexic:
5.Nnamdi Azikiwe University Library

At the University’s inception, the Owelle of Onitsha, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe donated 12,000 volumes of books. In 1962/63 the University library holdings had increased to 27,000 volumes with a seating capacity of 220 readers. Presently, the University Library System has about 735,157 volumes of books and about 99,760 bound volumes of journals.

The Nnamdi Azikiwe Library has a growing collection of publications by international bodies/organization such as:

The United Nations;
The Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) of the United Nation; and
The United Nations Educational Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
The Library has also special collection documents published by the various governments of Nigeria as well as the Biafrana Collection (publications on the Nigeria Civil War) and African Collection (publications on Africa, about Africa and by Africans)
OP get ur facts right! That UNN's school library

2 Likes

Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by alentyno: 3:13pm On Oct 12, 2014
nabsprada:

One of the federal University of Technology in the country,the library isn't that bad but compared to these Well I can as well say the school lacks a librarylipsrsealed
Lemme guess either futminna or mautech wink
Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by Hopez456(m): 3:20pm On Oct 12, 2014
Kunlexic:
abeg don't vex for me yet ooo
grin grin

Kenneth Dike Library,University of Ibadan
The first in Nigeria, an architectural masterpiece despite It's age. designed with underground.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by Capableben(m): 3:22pm On Oct 12, 2014
nabsprada:
I knew even before opening this thread that my school won't make the list cry...keep it coming op

Modified

And those whose school didn't make the list be like "op,its not about the building or even the content but whether the students put it to good use"tongue
hahaha
However our school is degraded, we still remain loyal Ambassadors.... GREATEST FUTYOLITE..............
Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by olaglamour(f): 3:27pm On Oct 12, 2014
@op, are you a librarian or you only choose to come with a list of best libraries. Anyways, I agree with your list with CU on top, fully automated.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by mujiboy(m): 3:32pm On Oct 12, 2014
iebanehita:
Have you heard of John Harris library, University of Benin
. na library be that so?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 12, 2014
Capableben:

hahaha
However our school is degraded, we still remain loyal Ambassadors.... GREATEST FUTYOLITE..............
Anyday,Anytime@bolded
Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 12, 2014
Vivly:
My school can't make this list.
grin grin
Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by QMark: 4:01pm On Oct 12, 2014
I wish students' brilliance is as a result of how beautiful the library is.
Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by Chuks16(m): 4:02pm On Oct 12, 2014
hi
Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by iceberylin(m): 4:02pm On Oct 12, 2014
ÚŃĨPŐŔŤ ŃĶŐ undecided

1 Like

Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by iebanehita(m): 4:03pm On Oct 12, 2014
mujiboy:
. na library be that so?

That's only the front view.
They are actually two school libraries.

The main one is John Harris.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by ddooskie(m): 4:04pm On Oct 12, 2014
Alma mater toh gbayi ju! iRep Great Ife. Oba Awon Universities, the Only Available University, Obafemi Awolowo University sometimes, Oba Adaniduro University but then, thstz what makes us thick. Greatest Ife!!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 4:05pm On Oct 12, 2014
gunuvi:
the best is that of the university of beer
which one is university of beer again?

1 Like

Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 12, 2014
I rep funaab
Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by ddooskie(m): 4:06pm On Oct 12, 2014
Alma mater toh gbayi ju! iRep Great Ife. Oba Awon Universities, the Only Available University, Obafemi Awolowo University sometimes, Oba Adaniduro University but then, thatz what makes us thick. Greatest Ife!!!
Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by jiggalo(m): 4:07pm On Oct 12, 2014
library

5 Likes

Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by PrinceMario(m): 4:07pm On Oct 12, 2014
I took this when i saw this thread.

#TeamOAU

14 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Jamb 2017/2018 Registration Begins (See the price and Procedures) / Scenic Pictures Of ABU Zaria Dam / 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.