Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,798 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH (91907 Views)

True Face Of Douglas Road Owerri (Photos) / Credit Must Be Given To Bola Tinubu. The True Face Of Opposition In Nigeria / Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by uzolexis(f): 5:26pm On Oct 12, 2014
bebe2:

Am ashamed to say I have never heard of that state " Dutse"

I didnt know there was a state by dat name.

So embarrassed embarassed

Dutse is the capital of Jigawa state

3 Likes

Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by Arsenate(m): 5:27pm On Oct 12, 2014
justitiaomnibus:

No bros. I don't think he will dare argue the fact that the south is better. The infrastruture in the pictures he even posted were built with monies from the south. Even that camera he snapped with is "made in Aba, China extension".
north is better for me.
I've stayed in both regions.... pH, Lagos..... gosh these places are just so expensive to live in, and oh, most southern cities are just too overcrowded.

9 Likes

Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by greggng: 5:28pm On Oct 12, 2014
The only problem I ve with the north is insecurity. I blamed my igbo brothers for staying put there
Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by Idrismusty97(m): 5:30pm On Oct 12, 2014
sexyseun:
yes i have been to the north, i have been to minna, abuja, sokoto, markudi, kano and jos.
most of these places i listed i have stayed at least a week so i know what i am talking about.
And that makes you know everywhere and how developed it is. Well the basis of this thread is not for comparison. How is this any different from all the other threads of southern States? We only show the developed parts.

4 Likes

Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by Yugosng(m): 5:33pm On Oct 12, 2014
ehispapa:
This OP is a huge joke...i was born and bred in Kaduna and school at FUT Minna. guy i live all my life in the north and thank God i left there just some few years back. Dont decieve people with random pic of a minute beautiful places of the WHOLE north and posting trash. Imagine how it will look like if some one post pics of beautiful pics of the south...when i say south i hope you know all the southern states like LAGOS, RIVERS, DELTA, AKWA IBOM, ENUGU, just to mention a few and you are post Kaduna that i am right now. A place fulll of angwas and talakawas..keep deceiving those that have not been here before. Abeg south is far more better o

Ah ah nau. What is this? You already told us you schooled all your life in the north. You didn't have to show working angrye lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by ehispapa(m): 5:34pm On Oct 12, 2014
Aigbofa:

How is this different from what ibos do here on a daily basis?

He is not just saying the truth...the North is full of crap and unimaginable poverty. The OP is just trying to redeem an already damaged image

4 Likes

Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by austinbrown: 5:35pm On Oct 12, 2014
Lol, these Hausa people sha
Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by justitiaomnibus(m): 5:38pm On Oct 12, 2014
bebe2:

Am ashamed to say I have never heard of that state " Dutse"

I didnt know there was a state by dat name.

So embarrassed embarassed

Hah... This boi don smoke again.
I said Major cities, I did not mention state. Aby them fence your eye?

Except u really meant to say Dutse does not qualify to be called a city even as a state capital, I will assume you smoked dry shit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by ehispapa(m): 5:38pm On Oct 12, 2014
Idrismusty97:
And that makes you know everywhere and how developed it is. Well the basis of this thread is not for comparison. How is this any different from all the other threads of southern States? We only show the developed parts.

Please there is a difference between develop and fine house. please name a place that is developed in that north. what you showing is fine buildings that does not even have a functioning facilities. i was at that nagwamatse house last two week and nothing works not even an occupant in the fifth floor upward and someone will see 10 story thing its real.
Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by cannonnier(m): 5:38pm On Oct 12, 2014
Rawani:

You sound pained.

He is pained, he will soon fall in the lagoon if he see pics of kano. gringringrin

6 Likes

Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by AMvanquish: 5:41pm On Oct 12, 2014
ehispapa:
This OP is a huge joke...i was born and bred in Kaduna and school at FUT Minna. guy i live all my life in the north and thank God i left there just some few years back. Dont decieve people with random pic of a minute beautiful places of the WHOLE north and posting trash. Imagine how it will look like if some one post pics of beautiful pics of the south...when i say south i hope you know all the southern states like LAGOS, RIVERS, DELTA, AKWA IBOM, ENUGU, just to mention a few and you are post Kaduna that i am right now. A place fulll of angwas and talakawas..keep deceiving those that have not been here before. Abeg south is far more better o

You probably lived in the angwas with talakawas. Gud thing u hv relocated.

4 Likes

Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by Ikwokrikwo: 5:42pm On Oct 12, 2014
Some of these cities are ancient, yet no brown roofs like what is obtainable in the south west.

11 Likes

Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 12, 2014
Naetochukwu:
Gombe state with street lights? shocked shocked
That state deserves an award for its transformation overnight.
Where is Yola, home of the thief Atiku?
Goje made the magic

1 Like

Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by ehispapa(m): 5:43pm On Oct 12, 2014
AMvanquish:

You probably lived in the angwas with talakawas. Gud thing u hv relocated.

Look my friend i grew up in Daura road in central kaduna and school in a private school in barnawa. its a place i was born so i should know how the state looks like. all the places shown are Federal govt developed areas. true or false?
Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by ehispapa(m): 5:45pm On Oct 12, 2014
cannonnier:

He is pained, he will soon fall in the lagoon if he see pics of kano. gringringrin

God forbid...i live in a better country now. i fell pity for you in Naija

1 Like 1 Share

Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by kilokeys(m): 5:45pm On Oct 12, 2014
besides tarred roads and buildings.. i didnt see any thing spectacular? are those ur criteria for "developement"... how many high rises? whats d state of d public schools? any water plant? how many planned estates? show me companies, show me hospitals and labs..
dont show me roads and brickworks

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by chlowi(f): 5:47pm On Oct 12, 2014
Arsenate:
I so love the north
anyone knows how to go about getting an interstate transfer in the Federal civil service? really wanna go back to the north

Yes I. Do!!
Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by ehispapa(m): 5:47pm On Oct 12, 2014
Rawani:

You sound pained.
No ..i am not. Those pics are misleading. they are pics of major project not the real north that i have roam through.

5 Likes

Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by Krucifax(m): 5:48pm On Oct 12, 2014
Mr Poster what of Borno and Adamawa?

The problem with the north isn't in your original post. The simple reason people dread you and your people is the well recorded history of intolerance and hostility to others who neither share nor subscribe to your ideologies and faith.

For many years even before Maitasine and Boko Haram northern youths have been known for periodic riots that always seem to involve the burning of churches with the destruction of lives and properties of non northerners.

I lived in the north for years my self and you know it is true. For me and my family Abuja is the boundary. Anybody going beyond is parking his life at owners risk!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by cannonnier(m): 5:49pm On Oct 12, 2014
ehispapa:

God forbid...i live in a better country now. i fell pity for you in Naija

An nija feel sorry for you too.

4 Likes

Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by GooseBaba: 5:49pm On Oct 12, 2014
kilokeys:
besides tarred roads and buildings.. i didnt see any thing spectacular? are those ur criteria for "developement"... how many high rises? whats d state of d public schools? any water plant? how many planned estates? show me companies, show me hospitals and labs..

Exactly..! OP said "true face of the north"... He is simply being dubious...

With facts.... He fails
With sentiments.... he thrives...

4 Likes

Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by ehispapa(m): 5:50pm On Oct 12, 2014
kilokeys:

God bless you my brother...let them keep deceiving the gullibles showing houses of politicians
Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by Arsenate(m): 5:50pm On Oct 12, 2014
ehispapa:

Look my friend i grew up in Daura road in central kaduna and school in a private school in barnawa. its a place i was born so i should know how the state looks like. all the places shown are Federal govt developed areas. true or false?
every state has its slum. but trust me man the slums in the southern part of Nigeria are the worst out there true story.
just take a stroll to makoko, ajegunle, somolu etc in Lagos and you'll weep for the residents there.

6 Likes

Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by AMvanquish: 5:51pm On Oct 12, 2014
ehispapa:

Dont want to really go into politics but truth is only thing that has really changed in kd in d last 15yrs is kawo bridge and rapid urbanisation in barnawa/kd south. Kaduna shud hv been far ahead with purposeful leadership. The city is still not looking bad, just stagnant.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by lastpage: 5:51pm On Oct 12, 2014
Aah, this cant be the same "North" l know inside-out!
My work in the past requires that l travel to every state we have a Branch, virtually every state in Nigeria has one or more branches!
I spend a month or more in each state at a go and l re-visit all these places at least twice in the year!

Now, this is not the North we all know.
This pictures only depicts a TINY SPRINKLE of nice locations in the North
Wait, you mean this is all the WHOLE NORTH of about 16-STATES have to offer?

And to think some of the buildings shown are even owned by Southerners!

Show us the Schools, Higher institutions, Hospitals, Industries, e.t.c in each state.

I am surprised l did not even see Babangida's Hilltop mansion, which is one of the best buildings in the North in that pix (Dont bother about whose money he stole to build it, thats another story).

What about Boko 'ar Rams that full everywhere?
Where are the Military presence?
Where are the supporters of APC with their charms and amulets?
Where are the Cattle Rustlers with the AK-47 slung across their shoulders?
Where are the Kunu sellers?
Where are the millions of Achaba (Motorcycles) that flood the road and make cars catch cold and shiver? grin
Where are the hordes of street urchins (Almanjeri) with a bowl in one hand, running from one Chairman's house to the other, looking for food?
Where are the road-side traders?

I know some of the pics are "lifted" from files (one even have the Logo on it) but please, if you want to present the WHOLE NORTH, present it "AS IT IS" and let us make our judgement!

Even Abuja and Lagos have their own slums, and cant be excluded from their image... talk-less of the North!

Anyway, l applaud your effort to "re-engineer our perception" but please, do it with utmost honesty.

Lastpage!

BTW: The north is beautiful in its "own way", no need trying to compare it to the Souther States. The North as a whole, will always remain the "North";

Op, why are you repeating and duplicating pictures now? Wasting storage and bandwidth on Seun's Servers! Please streamline the pics.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by ehispapa(m): 5:52pm On Oct 12, 2014
Krucifax:

The problem with the north isn't in your original post. The simple reason people dread you and your people is the well recorded history of intolerance and hostility to others who neither share nor subscribe to your ideologies and faith.

For many years even before Maitasine and Boko Haram northern youths have been known for periodic riots that always seem to involve the burning of churches with the destruction of lives and properties of non northerners.

I lived in the north for years my self and you know it is true. For me and my family Abuja is the boundary. Anybody going beyond is parking his life at owners risk!

Thank you my brother..let them deceive those that have not been there. Please do not be deceive by those pics. that place is poverty personify

1 Like

Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by gatiano(m): 5:53pm On Oct 12, 2014
very beautiful place. keep the beers and hard drinks out!!! when i want to drink beer i will go where they permit it. this pictures would anger the white people. please paste it on their faces.

1 Like

Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by cannonnier(m): 5:54pm On Oct 12, 2014
Krucifax:

Give the name of one single church burned in the north before maitatsine. And give us your of northern history source.

3 Likes

Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by kilokeys(m): 5:54pm On Oct 12, 2014
ehispapa:

God bless you my brother...let them keep deceiving the gullibles showing houses of politicians

leave them.. castles and cathedrals of beauty were built hundreds of years ago.. we r here boasting abt cement blocks and coal tar roads..
when ur north becomes like this... ill keep quiet

5 Likes

Re: THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 12, 2014
Our South East region should come and see America Wonder.

Jonathan ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions / Mr Macaroni Shares His Polling Unit Results / Are US Tax Cuts Really Helping Economy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.