Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) (32424 Views)

Total Sharia Implementation : APC And Buhari Using Kaduna As a "Test Ground" / Buhari Called For Total Sharia In Nigeria In 2001 / Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by idumuose(m): 2:10pm On Oct 12, 2014
Lagos - A former military ruler of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari, has called for the introduction of 'total' Islamic law across the country, reports said on Monday.

Buhari, who ruled Nigeria from a coup in December 1983 to his ouster in 1985, told a seminar in Kaduna, northern Nigeria, at the weekend that the strict Islamic law code known as the Sharia should be introduced in full across Nigeria.

"I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria," Buhari said, quoted in press reports.

"God willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country," Buhari said.

Northern Nigeria is mainly Muslim but southern Nigeria is mainly Christian and has led criticism of the introduction of Islamic law in a dozen northern states in the past 18 months.

Africa's most populous country has been shaken repeatedly in the past by religious unrest. In February 2000 between 2 000 and 3 000 people were killed by Christian-Muslim riots in Kaduna over the introduction of Sharia.

Call for Sharia across the country

Buhari's comments were interpreted by the southern-based papers as a call for the imposition of Sharia all across the country, even in the mainly Christian south.

"Buhari calls for Sharia in all states," was the headline of the respected newspaper The Guardian.

Buhari's comments were defended by supporters as simply a call for the full implementation of Sharia in areas where Muslims predominated.

But the comments are the second by Buhari that have courted controversy after he called earlier this year for Muslims to vote at the next presidential elections only for someone who would defend their faith.

This was criticised by the press as a call for voting along religious lines, as well as an attack on the current president, Olusegun Obasanjo, who is a Christian.

Buhari made the latest comments at a seminar organised by the Supreme Council for Sharia in Nigeria, a newly set up body attended by northern state governments and Islamic scholars.

"It is a legal responsibility which God has given us, within the context of one Nigeria, to continue to uphold the practice of Sharia wholeheartedly , and to educate non-Muslims that they have nothing to fear," he said.

"What remains for Muslims in Nigeria is for them to redouble their efforts, educate Muslims on the need to promote the full implementation of Sharia law," he went on. - AFP

- SAPA
http://allafrica.com/stories/200108270355.html

http://www.news24.com/xArchive/Archive/Calls-for-total-Sharia-in-Nigeria-20010827

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by idumuose(m): 2:13pm On Oct 12, 2014
When people brand Buhari a religious bigot,they aren't far from the truth.
My own take is that Buhari should never benefit from a democracy he truncated
31years ago.

117 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by lilprinze: 2:24pm On Oct 12, 2014
Look at the demon who is contesting to be the president of this country so that he can islamize this country. Is it not crystal clear that this demon in is one of the main sponsors of BH.

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Firefire(m): 2:25pm On Oct 12, 2014
Calls for 'total' Sharia in Nigeria

2001-08-27 21:32

Old news thou..., Buhari can NEVER become the President of United Nigeria unless Jonathan finish his additional 4 years in office.

Goodluck to you all.

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by jaytee01(m): 2:26pm On Oct 12, 2014
idumuose:
When people brand Buhari a religious bigot,they aren't far from the truth.
My own take is that Buhari should never benefit from a democracy he truncated
31years ago.
I am not a fan of Buhari but I can safely conclude that you are not only a bigger bigot but also an ediot!

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 12, 2014
lilprinze:
Look at the demon who is contesting to be the president of this country so that he can islamize this country. Is it not crystal clear that this demon in is one of the main sponsors of BH.
true

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Trailblazer1(m): 2:28pm On Oct 12, 2014
If that's the case then, let me go and buy my own mat and kettle, maybe I can latter add a jalamia gown. And by next year my bears would have grown to a carpet grass size.
**Islamic prayer mode activated**

BUHARI abeg do quick become president joor.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by AdeniyiA(m): 2:29pm On Oct 12, 2014
The more reason he'd never smell Aso rock undecided

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by nigerianvenom(m): 2:32pm On Oct 12, 2014
buhari becoming a president is like a camel passing through the needle's eye.
how can a former leader of a great country like Nigeria utter such words,yet his fans will support him blindly.
i now understand why he has such large followership in d mainly north east were the literacy rate is very low.
may God forgive u for inciting nigerian muslims against their Christians counterpart

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 12, 2014
ISLAMISSING NIGERIA IS THE ONLY AGENDA THAT APC HAS.
GOD WILL EXPOSE THEM THE MORE.

31 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by ratiken(m): 2:35pm On Oct 12, 2014
Many Buhari's unguarded statements will haunt him to the grave. Anyday APC names him as the presidential flagbearer..... same day the media will be awash with his statements.

How can a sane man call Boko haram terrorists his freedom fighters?
How can a presidential material use words like dogs and baboons soaking in blood?

Buhari single handedly armed PDP for the campaign of calumny against him.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by iceberylin(m): 2:35pm On Oct 12, 2014
ŤĤĨŚ ĞÚŶ ĨŚ ĴÚŚŤ Á PŐĹĨŤĨČĨÁŃ ŃŐŤ Á ĹĔÁĎĔŔ angry

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by jjwaterfalls(f): 2:36pm On Oct 12, 2014
But why is an old news of 2001 coming in 2014.
Anyway, God will never allow sharai to prevail in dis country, becos d God of Nigeria is a merciful God dats always forgives .

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by aumeehn: 2:36pm On Oct 12, 2014
MTSSWWW!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 12, 2014
Most people actually believe Buhari will make a good president but to me, I believe he is a scary choice.
I will rather vote Wizkid as president than vote for some of this people.

With the Islamic radicals challenges taking a hold on our nation, it is best to be careful with our choices at this period.
Babangida, Buhari has been associated with wanting to Islamize Nigeria since 1991 when Babangida gave up to 1 billion to a group called IOS/ IOC or so to support the Islamization of the country.

My problem is not even all these people, my problem are the recycled politicians that keeps coming back.
They are dead mentally and most of them are left with only barbaric ideas.
If you employ some of them as an employee in your company, you will fire them in few days. No substance.

We need new people. People with fresh ideas, concepts, creativity, poise, charisma, intelligence and without personal ambition.
To me Buhari has a personal ambition.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Wolison(m): 2:36pm On Oct 12, 2014
I won't fault people that nurse the belief that the current unrest in the north-eastern part of Nigeria mainly maiduguri, is an act in confidentiality, perpetrated and engineered by the sharia introduction; this country for goodness sake isn't a religious state.
There exist the Christians and Muslims alike
Believe me, this guy is a religious zealot and extremist
And he want to rule Nigeria?
Nothing will in life make me to vote for a northerner!!!!!
I Love my father land BIAFRA!!!!!
#timetosecede!!!!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Adesam09(m): 2:36pm On Oct 12, 2014
Islam
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Charbless(m): 2:36pm On Oct 12, 2014
2003---- Failed
2007-----Failed
2011-----Failed
2015-----??
He's jst gonna waste his 24million Naira for all I care. An Islamic Terror Cell sponsor dats wat dis lanky man is.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Rilwayne001: 2:36pm On Oct 12, 2014
undecided undecided

[size=15pt] PDP Thread.

In other news, Jonathan is organizing a group dedicated to bringing about the independent sovereign Igbo nation of Biafra if he is re-elected next year.....[/size]

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by yuzjet(m): 2:36pm On Oct 12, 2014
And what's dat got to do in 2014?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by iheanyi40(m): 2:37pm On Oct 12, 2014
Buhari d serial loser will still lose again come 2015 undecided

GEJ till 2019

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by kunlesehan(m): 2:37pm On Oct 12, 2014
Buhahahahaha
Buhahaha
Buhari
...He's so funny thinking he can rule again.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by BOAR: 2:38pm On Oct 12, 2014
MODS.

Welldone, what is the news in this that warrant a quick push to the FP? Or is this for lack of decent topics to grace the FP?

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by THAINDIVIDUAL(m): 2:38pm On Oct 12, 2014
Buhari has never shown himself to be a credible leader since his military rule. He has always be known for his loose tongue and religious bias.

With him being the presidential flag-bearer of APC, he will initiate the unbeaten streak he has in failure!

GEJ till Nigerians get sense!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 12, 2014
ISIS will soon be welcomed in nigeria coutesy of buhari...thanks to dan fodio..awon ode..

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by kurt09(m): 2:38pm On Oct 12, 2014
I dey laugh
Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by kayce911(f): 2:39pm On Oct 12, 2014
All muslims are not terrorist but all terrorists are muslims.

Blood is thicker than water...........

28 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by idumuose(m): 2:39pm On Oct 12, 2014
jaytee01:
I am not a fan of Buhari but I can safely conclude that you are not only a bigger bigot but also a punk.

I guess my signature is my answer to you.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by solaboy: 2:39pm On Oct 12, 2014
That's one of the reasons he should not be voted for as president.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by LMAyedun(m): 2:39pm On Oct 12, 2014
Buhari has always been an Islamic extremist... Secret Boko Haram promoter.

GEJ till 2019 jare

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) by 2cato: 2:40pm On Oct 12, 2014
I can categorically say buhari is a change man and he regret any inconviniency is supporter of APC statement might have cause.
**drop mic**

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Celebrates Eid Al-fitr With Children At Aso Villa (Photos) / Aisha Buhari Honours Airport Cleaner Who Returned Lost Bag / The Moment Atiku Abubakar Arrived In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.