Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,401 members, 7,954,581 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:39 PM

First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? (57355 Views)

Woman Loses First Pregnancy To Police Brutality After 10 Years Of Marriage / Fashola's Wife Welcomes Lagos First Baby Of 2015 (photo) / Meet The First Baby Born In 2015 In Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by DarkRxn(f): 3:19am On Nov 21, 2008
idupaul:

is ruby expecting?
shocked shocked shocked shocked lololol

oluwdashmi:

@ Morenike

Nice topic but scaring especially for those of us still expecting.

awww, eyah, good luck. wish you the very best, take it easy.
Don't stress yourself, eh kiss kiss kiss
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by DarkRxn(f): 3:21am On Nov 21, 2008
Thanks y'all. keep them coming kiss kiss kiss
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by smartsoft(m): 9:32am On Nov 21, 2008
when a lady is pregnant, thats where you see if she's dirty or not, fine or ugly
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by omofola(f): 10:45am On Nov 21, 2008
please how can i get pregnant quickly,it's important to me
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by neowelsh(m): 11:41am On Nov 21, 2008
@ omofola
i don't understand your question. or is there anyother way apart from dat thing you know.
abi u 1 form virgin mary
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by omofola(f): 12:09pm On Nov 21, 2008
i know how i can get pregnant,i just want to know what cam make a woman quickly get pregnant after trying many times without success.
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by neowelsh(m): 12:12pm On Nov 21, 2008
go do some check up first before you listen to us, undecided
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by okuya: 12:16pm On Nov 21, 2008
relaxed mind, good rest and avoidance of stress (psychological & physical)
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by omofola(f): 12:46pm On Nov 21, 2008
thanks okuya,this will help a lot i believe.
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by Monicaa: 8:47pm On Nov 21, 2008
Can't wait for my own experience which is coming soon!
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by Cipriani(m): 9:12pm On Nov 22, 2008
My first pregnancy was fantastic, I had the baby coming out of my yansh, and head first. I thought it was over, suddenly the doctor told me there were Six more coming. At the end of 9mins, I had a sextuplet, WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD, grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by al2javyn: 9:11am On Nov 23, 2008
Well i was 19 when i had my 1st child, yes i was really nervous. I had alot of coaches that supported me, and more so that those coaches already had kids, so they we're giving me heads up of what to be aware of.

I still remember that day as if it were yesterday, as i entered into my last trimester they put me on a NST(Non Stress Test), the Dr was doing some measurements and noticed that from the last ultrasound there was NO progress with her growth. So they were a little concerned about that. Non-stop 1 hour visits just to monitor my daughter growth, was a little irritating to me, however i thought of it as it for the better. So, as i wait in the waiting room to be called in, thinking nothing but here goes another day, I hear my name, i get up and then my water bag broke shocked, i felt nothing but a gush of water running down my leg. The anxiety!!! I just didn't know what to do, didn't know who to call, all they did was wheel me into labor and delivery. I felt completely mixed with my emotions. First thing i called my mom and told her, then "of course" everybody then knew, because once you tell a 1st time grandparent the whole family knows. Then my boyfriend was actually the last to know, this might sound a little funny but i actually was not in the right state of mind to call the daddy. He found out from my mom. So then they rushed down to the hospital and supported me, but of course the labor took about 16 hours.

When the wait was finally over i was ready to push. First of all, at that time i really don't know what i was suppose to do. When they said to push, i really didn't know what i was pushing and where i should be pushing. It actually took about 3 hours to push my daughter out. The experience of birth was not exactly what i was thinking it to be.

Now she's 10 years old and thru those 10 years i have had 3 more kids 7 yr old(G), a 2 yr old(B), & 5 month old(B), DO YOU BELIEVE THAT, grin i really didn't plan on so many, but who could blame me, i LOVE kids, their good to talk to, and fun to be with. I could finally say that i have an even score and lovin it.

Like they always say "enjoy them while their still young, because they grow sooooo fast"

3 Likes

Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by mohawkchic(f): 9:52am On Nov 23, 2008
al2javyn:

Like they always say "enjoy them while their still young, because they grow sooooo fast"

~You can say that Again!!~Isnt it just amazing how we all remeber these moments like it was yesterday!!
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 23, 2008
al2javyn:

Well i was 19 when i had my 1st child, yes i was really nervous. I had alot of coaches that supported me, and more so that those coaches already had kids, so they we're giving me heads up of what to be aware of.

I still remember that day as if it were yesterday, as i entered into my last trimester they put me on a NST(Non Stress Test), the Dr was doing some measurements and noticed that from the last ultrasound there was NO progress with her growth. So they were a little concerned about that. Non-stop 1 hour visits just to monitor my daughter growth, was a little irritating to me, however i thought of it as it for the better. So, as i wait in the waiting room to be called in, thinking nothing but here goes another day, I hear my name, i get up and then my water bag broke shocked, i felt nothing but a gush of water running down my leg. The anxiety!!! I just didn't know what to do, didn't know who to call, all they did was wheel me into labor and delivery. I felt completely mixed with my emotions. First thing i called my mom and told her, then "of course" everybody then knew, because once you tell a 1st time grandparent the whole family knows. Then my boyfriend was actually the last to know, this might sound a little funny but i actually was not in the right state of mind to call the daddy. He found out from my mom. So then they rushed down to the hospital and supported me, but of course the labor took about 16 hours.

When the wait was finally over i was ready to push. First of all, at that time i really don't know what i was suppose to do. When they said to push, i really didn't know what i was pushing and where i should be pushing. It actually took about 3 hours to push my daughter out. The experience of birth was not exactly what i was thinking it to be.

Now she's 10 years old and through those 10 years i have had 3 more kids 7 yr old(G), a 2 yr old(B), & 5 month old(B), DO YOU BELIEVE THAT, grin i really didn't plan on so many, but who could blame me, i LOVE kids, their good to talk to, and fun to be with. I could finally say that i have an even score and lovin it.

lawwd, at 19? You tried.
Were you able to finish school or. . . .? Because it's pretty hard when one has to deal with 4 children while at school.
But the positive side, you finished having them before 29. pretty neat. And you still got your shape, right? tongue

sounds scary. . . the bolded part is actually true. so now, what my family does is tell no one, except for close family like the mother. lol, I don't think I'd want the whole family or state know sha. tongue
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by phillybabe: 1:53pm On Nov 24, 2008
Been a while since the first (7 plus), but u never forget do u? the pregnancy was pretty uneventful, some spotting in the first 3 months but enough binding !and casting !took care of that (lol), seriously though you just have to keep the fears and doubts out of your mind otherwise they can get out of hand!
the morning sickness was awful! i just hated to get up in the mornings but no spitting so i guess i was lucky.that morning sickness just disappear one day sha!around 4months into the journey.health wise i was ok, just a bit tied, no cravings or such. went for scan early to know the sex, (a girl!) , i need to know watin to buy oo! after i saw the sex, i went wild with the shopping, and u know how cute the girls stuff are abi?
one time i got one of those 3 dimentional scans done and i was totally blown away by the details it revealed,my gosh i saw exactly what my child lookes like while she was still in the womb, i tell you say i trip for technology that day!

like many people i read as much as i could about what to expect during and after,watched the shows and all and prayed that all will go well on the D-day.
The pains started around 4 in the morning, got up to take a pee and felt the twitching and knew somthing was happening at last ( was more than a week past due date at this point ,but less than the 2 week marked as the give or take period), the contractions came like period cramps at first but by the time i got to the hospital at about past 5 am , i knew it was ON! i signed for the epidural quick, quick, abeg ! i no need that kind pain at all! had to have a C- section in the end( baby's heartrate was going up),( Second time around baby presented with feet first!so it was C- section again, But i thank master Jesus all went well also )

i was awake through it all but was rest assured that God in was in control, and i remember just bursting into tears when i saw my baby.oga was out of town when i had BOTH my babies! but make we leave dat matter for now!
kept the baby with me the first hours,( make dem no go change my pikin abeg o)lol, but was so tired i let them take her away so i could sleep a little.the nurses gave her formula milk before i woke up, but she took to the breast ok, i decided to give formula milk at night cos i found i it held her for longer and that way i could sleep for a bit more.
Any way, na so the journey take start, second time around it was pretty much the same ,i was more confident through the process, got a boy that time(5 yrs plus) and so there you have it in summary!.
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by magentam(f): 7:58pm On Nov 24, 2008
This thread is fantastic! Oh, how I love it! Looking forward to having my babies after my wedding. Thanx Nike, you are a gem.
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by al2javyn: 9:28am On Nov 25, 2008
Were you able to finish school or. . . .? Because it's pretty hard when one has to deal with 4 children while at school.

With the support from my family i got to finish college and got an associates degree in Medical. If it weren't for my family i think i wouldn't have to the job i have now that supports all my 4 kids, especially that i still have to buy 2 sets of pampers.

you finished having them before 29.
Yeah i know. I just think that when i turn 40, my oldest will be 20, and we can still go out dancing and hanging out. I would love it, cool grin cheesy

And you still got your shape, right? [/b]

It's been 5 months since my baby was born and i feel a little less confident to say that i look good, also have the confidence to say i don't look that bad undecided but since than i have lost about 30 lbs, and still working on lossing a little bit more. Having all these kids is the "[b]EXTREME EXERCISE
" wink

1 Like

Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by AmakaOne(f): 5:03pm On Nov 25, 2008
@oluwdashmi

I meant all these horror stories about childbirth have put me off having children for life.
I have no children and after reading this thread hmm, I think it will be a cold day in hades b4 I do sha.

una sabi scare pesin o!!
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by Busybody2(f): 5:52pm On Nov 25, 2008
Who can forget the joys cool

The spitting - thank God I did not spit

The bloody bleeding shocked Gosh, I bled heavily for six weeks after the pregnancy cool

That weird line from the belly to the pubic bone

The bladder incontinence - was always scared of sneezing or coughing grin

The stretchmarks shocked

The 24-hour morning-sickness angry

When your boobiess start to leak when you hear other babies crying shocked

The endless fingering from Doctors and strangers who treat ur body like a piece of meat angry

*****************************************************to be continued

1 Like

Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by Busybody2(f): 6:02pm On Nov 25, 2008
Your dignity - The doctor or midwive or student nurse tells you to raise your legs akimbo and then tells you to relax, then sticks their grubby mitts into your vagina embarassed

2 Likes

Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 25, 2008
magentam:

This thread is fantastic! Oh, how I love it! Looking forward to having my babies after my wedding. Thanx Nike, you are a gem.
You're welcome, darl

@Busy Body

lmao!! I'm not a mother yet, but the last time I went for check up, I almost slapped my doctor for groping me unnecessarily. Now, I know it does not take 5-10 minutes to. . . .tohisssssssss angry angry
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 25, 2008
al2javyn:

With the support from my family i got to finish college and got an associates degree in Medical. If it weren't for my family i think i wouldn't have to the job i have now that supports all my 4 kids, especially that i still have to buy 2 sets of pampers.

you finished having them before 29.
Yeah i know. I just think that when i turn 40, my oldest will be 20, and we can still go out dancing and hanging out. I would love it, cool grin cheesy

And you still got your shape, right? [/b]

It's been 5 months since my baby was born and i feel a little less confident to say that i look good, also have the confidence to say i don't look that bad undecided but since than i have lost about 30 lbs, and still working on lossing a little bit more. Having all these kids is the "[b]EXTREME EXERCISE
" wink
Lol, thanks jare. kiss kiss

woahhhhh, 30 pounds. . . .woman, you are it wink
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by Adbabe(f): 1:54pm On Nov 27, 2008
Mine was a different case.From the first month to the last month i was as strong as ever,eating well,i never vomitted.i spit occassionally.
sometimes i will just be so week.

But during the delivery,i saw the other side of it.i was in labour for 3 days and my cervix did not dialet more than 4cm.i was induces affter the water has broken for the labour to hasten up,all to no avail.When the Docter noticed that the heart beat of my baby was reducing he opted for CS.

I thank God That i can now look at my lovely baby and i dnt remeber all those pains during and after child birth.

My husband was there with me,the Doctor did not allow him to come in since it was a CS.he was peeping from the window.
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by sweetmama1(f): 5:33pm On Nov 27, 2008
weebee, i like your experience. You really got a point there, God should answer the prayers of those seeking for the fruit of the womb. It feels so good to have your own child in your arms to hear him call u mama.
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by mohawkchic(f): 8:49pm On Nov 27, 2008
Busy_body:

Who can forget the joys cool

That weird line from the belly to the pubic bone

~I know right!! that line becomes so prominent & dark,i'd hardly noticed it before i became pregnant,it use to be such a faint barely there line . . weird that!!

The bladder incontinence - was always scared of sneezing or coughing grin

~I had to LMAO on this . .was the same for me,if i laff too much,i pee,not to talk of  sneezing,never did experience the cough & pee tho grin

The stretchmarks shocked

~I was lucky not to have any strechmarks on my tummy,I was really wooried about that, soOo i made dam sure NEVER to scratch my tummy no matter how strong the temptation when it itches !!-i use to apply the cocoa butter for pregnant women every  time i had an itchy tummy & massage . . I'd like to think me not scratching my bump is the reason i didnt get any stretch marks but i seriously doubt it  undecided

When your boobiess start to leak when you hear other babies crying shocked

~Oh wow,that use to happen to you?

*I went thro breast pads like no body's bizness-when i had to leave baby home w/ dada to go do shopping or just get some air,My heavy dripping breast will lead me home faster than i'd anticipated!!There was this one time when i ended up having patches on my Top even w/ breast pads on!!I didnt even realise or know how long i'd been walking with two patched wet spots on my Top till my hand brushed against the wet patch & i was like soOoo  embarassed

The endless fingering from Doctors and strangers who treat ur body like a piece of meat angry

~Only had to endure that on D-Day!!& The midwife checking how far i was dilated when i thought i was in Labor-
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by Nobody: 1:53am On Nov 28, 2008
Adbabe:

Mine was a different case.From the first month to the last month i was as strong as ever,eating well,i never vomitted.i spit occassionally.

But during the delivery,i saw the other side of it.i was in labour for 3 days and my cervix did not dialet more than 4cm.i was induces affter the water has broken for the labour to hasten up,all to no avail.When the Docter noticed that the heart beat of my baby was reducing he opted for CS.

I thank God That i can now look at my lovely baby and i dnt remeber all those pains during and after child birth.

My husband was there with me,the Doctor did not allow him to come in since it was a CS.he was peeping from the window.

Wow!! You're so lucky!! Hope I wnt have to go through the morning sickness duel, I wnt be able to take it cry cry

Eya, did the doctor tell you the reason why your cervix did not dilate?
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by olababe(f): 11:06am On Nov 28, 2008
Adbabe:

My case and yours are so similar, from the first day i never vomited, nor spit i ate well was so strong all through until the day of delivery unlike urs mine was two days, my cervix didn't dilate more than 4cm, my water broke since 12am on Tuesday, i didn't deliver until 9:56pm on Wednesday.

infact it look more like i forced the baby out myself. at a point they told me that the posterior or whatever of my cervix didn't open, when i couldn't bear the pain anymore 2 doctors and a midwife had to use their hands to open my cervix, was told since i couldn't bear the pain that i had to push through contractions. it wasn't easy people, it was indeed a bitter sweet experience. my husband was there all through rubbing my back whenever the contractions become so intense, it got to a stage one of the doctors named him "Robbing Hood"

at least at the end i am able to see and carry my baby. To the Glory of God. He'll be a month old tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by rhodacious(f): 3:15pm On Nov 28, 2008
@ rhodacious, very funny as per the pooh part. wish you a safe delivery!

awww! thanks gentleone. wish u same too in ur subsequent ones!!!.
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 28, 2008
Was halfway through my masters when i bought a home kit which was positive. Went to the doc who also confirmed the test. God lawd, i hated the entire nine months, u name it i had it, heartburn, sciatica, spat all over the place, insomnia horrible appetite and my craving was ice cubes (chewed dem cubes like it was going out of fashion). I couldn't wait for the baby to pop only baby had other ideas so i was eventually induced 6 days after my EDD. Damn thing hurt like hell, i swore i wasn't doing to take epidural only my eyes cleared kia kia. Even now i still smile when i r'ber asking for epi and my hubby asked me if i was sure only i screamed back at him. Eventually, baby was getting tired and it was too late for a C-sec. So i had forceps delivery. Peeing and pooing were challenges but I had my mum-in-law with me. She was super, absolutely God sent. My daughter is 20 months old now and everytime i look into her angelic eyes i know it's all worth it

1 Like

Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by H2O2: 11:27pm On Nov 28, 2008
naijababe:

Was halfway through my masters when i bought a home kit which was positive. Went to the doc who also confirmed the test. God lawd, i hated the entire nine months, u name it i had it, heartburn, sciatica, spat all over the place, insomnia horrible appetite and my craving was ice cubes (chewed them cubes like it was going out of fashion). I couldn't wait for the baby to pop only baby had other ideas so i was eventually induced 6 days after my EDD. Damn thing hurt like hell, i swore i wasn't doing to take epidural only my eyes cleared kia kia. Even now i still smile when i r'ber asking for epi and my hubby asked me if i was sure only i screamed back at him. Eventually, baby was getting tired and it was too late for a C-sec. So i had forceps delivery. Peeing and pooing were challenges but I had my mum-in-law with me. She was super, absolutely God sent. My daughter is 20 months old now and everytime i look into her angelic eyes i know it's all worth it

aww kiss
it's funny those little creatures look like aliens when they first pop out, then they beautiful up in no time

1 Like

Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by Nobody: 2:15am On Nov 29, 2008
naijababe:

Was halfway through my masters when i bought a home kit which was positive. Went to the doc who also confirmed the test. God lawd, i hated the entire nine months, u name it i had it, heartburn, sciatica, spat all over the place, insomnia horrible appetite and my craving was ice cubes (chewed them cubes like it was going out of fashion). I couldn't wait for the baby to pop only baby had other ideas so i was eventually induced 6 days after my EDD. Damn thing hurt like hell, i swore i wasn't doing to take epidural only my eyes cleared kia kia. Even now i still smile when i r'ber asking for epi and my hubby asked me if i was sure only i screamed back at him. Eventually, baby was getting tired and it was too late for a C-sec. So i had forceps delivery. Peeing and pooing were challenges but I had my mum-in-law with me. She was super, absolutely God sent. My daughter is 20 months old now and everytime i look into her angelic eyes i know it's all worth it

rotflmao!!! Funny.
Just hope he didn't fint
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by giffyted(f): 5:03am On Nov 29, 2008
I had my baby 2 weeks to my 17th birthday. I didn't experience morning sickness, spitting and all those other first signs of pregnancy. At 5 months, i was already lactating. I remember the heart burns, my God, nothing quite like it. Didn't start ante natal till pregnancy was around 7months plus. And then it was a teaching hospital so had to go in for tests every week since it was considered a high risk pregnancy cos i was really young. I hated needles, but they became my companions then; i did all the tests imaginable, scans, etc. I started feeling some contractions and went to the mat. home where i had her, but was told it was false labour. I remember i had cravings for yogurt and boiled eggs; and that was what i ate for 3months straight. The day of the labour, i woke up feeling really energetic, cleaned the whole house, went to the market, cooked food i never ate, washed even clean clothes, mopped the whole house, cleaned windows, iin short i was really feeling like super woman till i suddenly felt one sharp pain, there's nothing that can ever describe the pains of contractions; i started walking, running, jumping, crying, dancing, i was in a frenzy like a mad woman. When the pains became super duper unbearable after my waters broke, i was praying for death and just laid on the floor with my tummy, to cut a long story short, the labour lasted for about 6hrs. I pushed and pushed and with one final push, my baby popped out or rather flew out, screamed with all her lungs and put all four fingers in her mouth; i don starve d babe cos i had not eaten for nearly 48hrs before her delivery. Well, that was 13years ago, but i still remember it like it was yesterday. Yeah and i remember the stitching up of the incisions made down there, the pains were so bloody unbearable i didn't allow them stitch everything up-for real. I refused, clamped shut my legs and so out of four incisions, only 2 were stitched. I thank God because she was a very healthy baby, though funny enough she didnt really like breast milk, but preferred feeding bottles, maybe becos i had sores all around my nipples, so i used 2 do do a lot of extractions-very painful, force breastfed her for 3months cos my breast milk ran like a tap, am sure i would have easily breastfed sextuplets with the way the thing used to flow out. All my cloths, no matter the breastpads or foam bras i used were everly soaked and after going through all that for 3months, i just decided to stop breastfeeding and faced the bottle. Well, i am seriously looking forward to having more kids and pray my kids will be like my daughter. She's such a joy- full of life, beautiful, still very healthy, playful and you name it- i know i am mightily blessed. I love kids a whole lot, pregnancy is an interesting stage in a woman's life. You see different changes, You dont know what to even expect from yourself the next day. My skin glowed when i was pregnant, i was really beautiful, hair and nails grew longer and i didn't really have a big bulge so was surprised when i had a big baby. I know i am not following any sequence in my writing, i just dey write as e dey flow and as i remember things. Yeah and the advantage of having kids early, when i go to see my daughter in school, her classmates argue, no she aint ur mom, and she's always like yeah i know my mom is a babe grin can u beat that? wink smiley)

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? / "My Wife Secretly Married Another Man, Tried To Poison Me & Sell My Duplex" / My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.