Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,025 members, 7,821,562 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Donald Duke As Apc's Presidential Candidiate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Donald Duke As Apc's Presidential Candidiate (3258 Views)

Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding / Prof Osibanjo Regarded As APC's Presidential Candidate In A Poster / I'm Not Afraid Of A Presidential Debate With Any Candidiate - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Donald Duke As Apc's Presidential Candidiate by Code213: 9:40pm On Oct 12, 2014
If APC was a strategic party with a strong determination 2 kick out PDP in 2015, they should have lobbied for Duke to join their party and run against the lacklustre Jonathan. Duke is innovative, charismatic, intelligent and very likeable in appearance. Duke can comfortably steal half the votes from the south south and south east 4rm Jonathan. Imagine pairing him up with one of Buhari's acolyte, APC will get d North vote via Buhari/Kwakwanso etc, the south west vote via Tinubu/Fashola/Aregbesola etc. And the South south/ East vote via Duke/Oshiomole/Okorocha/Ngige etc

In my opinion, Buhari or Atiku themselves as APC candidiate na bad market.

3 Likes

Re: Donald Duke As Apc's Presidential Candidiate by mascot87(m): 9:44pm On Oct 12, 2014
Rikidony is that you? shocked shocked shocked

This is wonderful cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Donald Duke As Apc's Presidential Candidiate by Rikidony(m): 9:49pm On Oct 12, 2014
mascot87:
Rikidony is that you? shocked shocked shocked

This is wonderful cheesy cheesy cheesy
PAVERT undecided undecided
Re: Donald Duke As Apc's Presidential Candidiate by mascot87(m): 9:57pm On Oct 12, 2014
Rikidony:

The bosom cheesy cheesy is fanimorous cheesy cheesy
I can't but wish to bury my head into those two pear-like (Large size) bosom cheesy
Re: Donald Duke As Apc's Presidential Candidiate by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 12, 2014
I have been clamouring for this, thank God someone is seeing reasons with me. Duke is a better option to put Nigerian in the limelight. His charisma and antecedents are second to none. Enough of silly local champions driving the ship called Nigeria undecided

5 Likes

Re: Donald Duke As Apc's Presidential Candidiate by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 12, 2014
Rikidony:

Sharrap
Sai GMB

Re: Donald Duke As Apc's Presidential Candidiate by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 12, 2014
Who are these woe-betided lot who suddenly have turned themselves into world class political pundits on the eve of elections

I wonder why these political infants think people just emerge from obscurity to win a Presidential elections

Where has Donald Duke been all these while,
What has he done to project himself as an alternative

Do we know what political ideologies and economic policies he subscribes to?

According to the OP,APC should just go and give it ticket to an unwilling,presently on political sabbatical individual like Donald Duke

Apart from the elites that know Duke,does anyone in Ajegunle,Elu-Ohafia,Kaura-Namoda,Ile-Oluji,Hong,Offa,Arondizuogwu or Umuleri know who Donald is? as well as they know Buhari,even if its for a wrong reason

Fine face don't win elections in Nigeria,pedigree like those of Buhari or looted money like the one Jonathan is presently sitting on that can win election at this point in time

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke As Apc's Presidential Candidiate by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 12, 2014
Ibnsultan:
Sharrap
Sai GMB
Why not vote my grandfather in 2015, he may be the same age with GMB undecided

10 Likes

Re: Donald Duke As Apc's Presidential Candidiate by Code213: 10:38pm On Oct 12, 2014
soroptimist:
Who are these woe-betided lot who suddenly have turned themselves into world class political pundits on the eve of elections

I wonder why these political infants think people just emerge from obscurity to win a Presidential elections

Where has Donald Duke been all these while,
What has he done to project himself as an alternative

Do we know what political ideologies and economic policies he subscribes to?

According to the OP,APC should just go and give it ticket to an unwilling,presently on political sabbatical individual like Donald Duke

Apart from the elites that know Duke,does anyone in Ajegunle,Elu-Ohafia,Kaura-Namoda,Ile-Oluji,Hong,Offa,Arondizuogwu or Umuleri know who Donald is? as well as they know Buhari,even if its for a wrong reason

Fine face don't win elections in Nigeria,pedigree like those of Buhari or looted money like the one Jonathan is presently sitting on that can win election at this point in time

You think people don't know Donald Duke? Well they don't even have to, If Aregbesola endorses, Fashola endorses, Buhari endorses, Tinubu (sincerely) endorses, Oshiomole endorses, Kwankwaso endorses, Ngige endorses etc, the electorates will get to know who Donald Duke is!! Who knew Yar'Adua b4 he became President? Who knew Jonathan b4 he became V.P?
I think u should read the Original post again. I stated the strategy that will deliver the Duke candidiacy.
And about Duke staying out of the political limelight, I think that's even a plus. Less baggage 4 his brand.

N/B: The name calling was very unnecessary. Make ur point without letting us know ur mother was impregnated by her Father, and you are the product of that evil union.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Duke As Apc's Presidential Candidiate by Nobody: 1:14am On Oct 13, 2014
Code213:

You think people don't know Donald Duke? Well they don't even have to, If Aregbesola endorses, Fashola endorses, Buhari endorses, Tinubu (sincerely) endorses, Oshiomole endorses, Kwankwaso endorses, Ngige endorses etc, the electorates will get to know who Donald Duke is!! Who knew Yar'Adua b4 he became President? Who knew Jonathan b4 he became V.P?
I think u should read the Original post again. I stated the strategy that will deliver the Duke candidiacy.
And about Duke staying out of the political limelight, I think that's even a plus. Less baggage 4 his brand.

N/B: The name calling was very unnecessary. Make ur point without letting us know ur mother was impregnated by her Father, and you are the product of that evil union.

Accursed child of idiocy mixed with lunacy

When I called you an infant you ranted and raved

So your imbecilic strategy is for Donald Duke to rely on the good name and hard work of others just like the clueless one you presently have occupying Aso Rock?

Its like a student relying on his mates who studied hard in order to pass exams thinking that he will sit besides the most brilliant student in class.,what if things goes wrong in the sitting arrangement?

Pray,if not for OBJ who bullishly forced Yar'adua and GEJ on the party ditto the Nation,would you have voted for that combination if they were presented to you on a neutral ground

So everybody should hold him( Donald Duke) by the hand across the length and breadth of Nigeria and start showing him to people when election is few months away

Whereas you have a Buhari who even without anyone holding his hand is sure to garner btw 12-15million votes even if elections were 2b held 2moro on his own personal name

What of Ribadu who was only known by the educated elites,did his name ring a bell in the mind of the people despite all the endorsement by Youth groups across the country?

A man who wants to become a President in Nigeria should have a street credibility and one-chance popularity in which even his opponents know about

And as Nigeria is presently constituted with all the rice,kerosene,indomie,sugar and elubo being shared to buy voters,only Gen Muhammadu Buhari remains the only one that can get pure and unadulterated votes which runs into millions against a saTAN backed GEJ who is sitting on Billion dollars of Crude Oil money which he is willing to spend to the last kobo in order to retain the Presidency

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke As Apc's Presidential Candidiate by Code213: 6:13am On Oct 13, 2014
soroptimist:

Accursed child of idiocy mixed with lunacy

When I called you an infant you ranted and raved

So your imbecilic strategy is for Donald Duke to rely on the good name and hard work of others just like the clueless one you presently have occupying Aso Rock?

Its like a student relying on his mates who studied hard in order to pass exams thinking that he will sit besides the most brilliant student in class.,what if things goes wrong in the sitting arrangement?

Pray,if not for OBJ who bullishly forced Yar'adua and GEJ on the party ditto the Nation,would you have voted for that combination if they were presented to you on a neutral ground

So everybody should hold him( Donald Duke) by the hand across the length and breadth of Nigeria and start showing him to people when election is few months away

Whereas you have a Buhari who even without anyone holding his hand is sure to garner btw 12-15million votes even if elections were 2b held 2moro on his own personal name

What of Ribadu who was only known by the educated elites,did his name ring a bell in the mind of the people despite all the endorsement by Youth groups across the country?

A man who wants to become a President in Nigeria should have a street credibility and one-chance popularity in which even his opponents know about

And as Nigeria is presently constituted with all the rice,kerosene,indomie,sugar and elubo being shared to buy voters,only Gen Muhammadu Buhari remains the only one that can get pure and unadulterated votes which runs into millions against a saTAN backed GEJ who is sitting on Billion dollars of Crude Oil money which he is willing to spend to the last kobo in order to retain the Presidency

I really hate that we have 2 exchange harsh words over this issue. Obviously, we both mean well for Nigeria. You see, the problem with Buhari is his continous dependence on Northern votes. That strategy failed in 2011, yet, they want 2 repeat it. With the Ruling Party successfully hanging the extremist tag on Buhari, it becomes increasingly difficult to sell his candidiacy beyond certain states in the North. During d last election, I found myself stuck in a remote part of the southeast, and I tell u, not even a single election poster of Buhari could be found there.
About Ribadu, his candidiacy in 2011 was a joke.

7 Likes

Re: Donald Duke As Apc's Presidential Candidiate by Code213: 6:27am On Oct 13, 2014
Then again, @Soroptimist, without sentiments this time, do u agree that Duke will make a fine President for Nigeria or not?
When u talk about Buhari having Street credibility, I laugh. Yes, he has street cred, but only on the almajiri streets of certain parts of the north. And also remember that this bokoharam insurgency will affect voters turn-out in some of his political strongholds.

5 Likes

Re: Donald Duke As Apc's Presidential Candidiate by Rikidony(m): 8:40am On Oct 13, 2014
Ibnsultan:
Sharrap
Sai GMB
FOR PRESIDENT IN AREWA REPUBLIC undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: Donald Duke As Apc's Presidential Candidiate by Mamaflex(f): 10:56am On Oct 13, 2014
Code213:
If APC was a strategic party with a strong determination 2 kick out PDP in 2015, they should have lobbied for Duke to join their party and run against the lacklustre Jonathan. Duke is innovative, charismatic, intelligent and very likeable in appearance. Duke can comfortably steal half the votes from the south south and south east 4rm Jonathan. Imagine pairing him up with one of Buhari's acolyte, APC will get d North vote via Buhari/Kwakwanso etc, the south west vote via Tinubu/Fashola/Aregbesola etc. And the South south/ East vote via Duke/Oshiomole/Okorocha/Ngige etc

I had same thought. I wished he had joined the party, he would have been a great presidential candidate for APC with a high chance of winning. What's up with him anyway? I barely hear from him.
Re: Donald Duke As Apc's Presidential Candidiate by Lordlexyy: 12:06pm On Oct 13, 2014
Who ever is clamouring for Duke obviously doesn't mean well for Apc. Ideally, he stands as one of those towering quality, track record wise and physical looks offcourse that should easily gain him acceptance across the country. But the hurdle lies with the politics of tribe and region couple with the level of low exposure, illiteracy and mis information among the electorates. Nigerian voters are framed or wired to believe that a presidential candidate most evolve over time to imprint his name on their minds. Antecedents alone are not enough. The party involve also play a greater role if it is the ruling party. Duke may make a good head of state, but the mindset of Nigerians is yet to take the lead and responsibility on who should govern them instead of surrendering th worl for some self seeking politicians, failed politica party and some greedy youths who have turned themselves into a tissue paper fit only to wipe arses. Until then, vibrant, experience persons like Fashola and Duke will remain irrelevant not when bag of money can buy plenty votes and electoral rigging is still a norm and the judiciary has become the chief perpetrators of electoral crime.

2 Likes

Re: Donald Duke As Apc's Presidential Candidiate by Code213: 12:11pm On Oct 13, 2014
Mamaflex:
I had same thought. I wished he had joined the party, he would have been a great presidential candidate for APC with a high chance of winning. What's up with him anyway? I barely hear from him.

No. He cannot "just" join the party. As much as I wish 4 a formidable opposition party, I must admit that @ the moment, APC has no sense of direction.
APC has all it takes 2 turn the table around, but too many vested interest keep pulling it back. The power-hungry men that call the shots need 2 sort themselves out fast else PDP myt just hang on to the presidency till 2092!!

4 Likes

Re: Donald Duke As Apc's Presidential Candidiate by otokx(m): 12:40pm On Oct 13, 2014
Duke market will not sell.
Re: Donald Duke As Apc's Presidential Candidiate by Candour(m): 1:14pm On Oct 13, 2014
Till date, I still find myself wishing Duke emerged VP in 2007 instead of GEJ.

OP, you can only dream. The power brokers and seekers in APC will not even give Fashola a chance...never mind Duke who isn't even a party member.

Its the country's loss actually that we're are to choose one from the trio of GEJ, Atiku and GMB(age is what I have against Buhari).

Its really unfortunate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Duke As Apc's Presidential Candidiate by Code213: 1:39pm On Oct 13, 2014
otokx:
Duke market will not sell.
Why is that?
Go thru the strategy I presented above again. Then come bk and air ur opinion. I would love 2 puncture holes in them
Re: Donald Duke As Apc's Presidential Candidiate by Kelly32: 1:58pm On Oct 13, 2014
soroptimist:

Please share Buhari's pedigree with us.

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke As Apc's Presidential Candidiate by JEITO: 2:01pm On Oct 13, 2014
This is just REDONKULOUS lipsrsealed
Re: Donald Duke As Apc's Presidential Candidiate by major466(m): 2:12pm On Oct 13, 2014
Code213:

In my opinion, Buhari or Atiku themselves as APC candidiate na
bad market.
That's the problem with you APC people. You will not shop for neutral candidates for your party but will always run after PDP people. Are you not the ones saying PDP is corruption? Why going after PDP men? That's how Atiku came to your party with the promise of providing a level playing field for him to contest the APCs presidential ticket. Now the frog master and emperor of South West, Tinubu is scheming secretly against him for Buhari. You think Atiku and his followers will take it lightly?
Just brace up for a Volcanic Explosion because I see APC heading for the mountains in 2015.

GEJ till 2019! smiley

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke As Apc's Presidential Candidiate by Kelly32: 2:55pm On Oct 13, 2014
soroptimist:

First of all, I need a list of tangible facts that touches on economic, political issues based on which we can come out and make a claim for Buhari.

This is not the 1980's. This is not the military regime, where you use force to rule and then you term it as a pedigree, things don't work that way anymore, we are in a democratic arena. We need a politician who can deliver results to Nigerians as a whole, a true democrat who understands politicking, not someone who champions the north's desperate need of power.

We need people who have applied economic strategies with proven tangible results in today's democratic setting, not someone who relies on BOGUS PHANTOM records of almost 3 decades ago to win electorate votes. We need a person who has the whole of Nigeria at heart, not a person who build political parties that already display their RELIGIOUS SENTIMENT AND SKEWED IDEOLOGY.

In the last election he (BUHARI) felt he did not need the south south and south east, because that is his ideology, well he saw the result. To confirm the proverb that says ''you can't teach an old dog new tricks'', he is repeating the same mistake and hasn't learnt anything new simply because he thinks he has the NAME as you say. Surely I have not seen anything worthy of him becoming the ruler of this country.

And by the way from where I stand, FASHOLA has more Capacity,Economic and Political Strategy, to rule this country than Buhari can dream of.

4 Likes

Re: Donald Duke As Apc's Presidential Candidiate by Code213: 2:57pm On Oct 13, 2014
major466:

That's the problem with you APC people. You will not shop for neutral candidates for your party but will always run after PDP people. Are you not the ones saying PDP is corruption? Why going after PDP men? That's how Atiku came to your party with the promise of providing a level playing field for him to contest the APCs presidential ticket. Now the frog master and emperor of South West, Tinubu is scheming secretly against him for Buhari. You think Atiku and his followers will take it lightly?
Just brace up for a Volcanic Explosion because I see APC heading for the mountains in 2015.

GEJ till 2019! smiley

Firstly, I hate reeetards!! If you've lost your brain to stupidity, that's your own bowl of nunu. Nowhere in this post did I say I am an APC supporter. So, a random Nigerian can not give an opinion without fuuuktards like u giving him a tag? Brain-dead maggot.

Secondly, nobody has a party logo stamped on his forehead! We've seen cross-carpeting from both parties (eg. Ribadu)

Thirdly, when last did u see Donald Duke identify with PDP?

Fourthly, if u quote me again and yarn rubbish, I will verbally molest every single member of your family. Be warned.
Re: Donald Duke As Apc's Presidential Candidiate by Demdem(m): 2:58pm On Oct 13, 2014
Duke is a good candidate but with due respect to the man itself, he has no electoral value. I doubt if he can secure up to a million votes unilaterally.
Making him a Presidential candidate for any party will be calamitous.
Re: Donald Duke As Apc's Presidential Candidiate by major466(m): 3:10pm On Oct 13, 2014
Code213:

Firstly, I hate reeetards!! If you've lost your brain to stupidity, that's your own bowl of nunu. Nowhere in this post did I say I am an APC supporter. So, a random Nigerian can not give an opinion without fuuuktards like u giving him a tag? Brain-dead maggot.

Secondly, nobody has a party logo stamped on his forehead! We've seen cross-carpeting from both parties (eg. Ribadu)

Fourthly, if u quote me again and yarn rubbish, I will verbally molest every single member of your family. Be warned.
Intresting. I sense unnecessary anger. On a forum?
Bye bye.
Re: Donald Duke As Apc's Presidential Candidiate by Code213: 3:25pm On Oct 13, 2014
Demdem:
Duke is a good candidate but with due respect to the man itself, he has no electoral value. I doubt if he can secure up to a million votes unilaterally.
Making him a Presidential candidate for any party will be calamitous.

What was the electoral value of Yar'Adua when he won in 2007?
What was the electoral value of Ribadu when he won Osun State in 2011 (all thanks to Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola)?
What is the electoral value of Buhari in the South south, south east and sout west?
What is the electoral value of Atiku in present day Nigeria?

Come on bro! APC can hype this guy in just 1month, and even 1week old babies will have his name on their lips. Trust me, this can be done!
Till 2moro, I still remember MKO! MKO!! MKO!!! Action!!!!!
If APC needs my services, they can inbox, make we talk price....cheesy

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke As Apc's Presidential Candidiate by Demdem(m): 3:31pm On Oct 13, 2014
Code213:

What was the electoral value of Yar'Adua when he won in 2007?
What was the electoral value of Ribadu when he won Osun State in 2011 (all thanks to Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola)?
What is the electoral value of Buhari in the South south, south east and sout west?
What is the electoral value of Atiku in present day Nigeria?

Come on bro! APC can hype this guy in just 1month, and even 1week old babies will have his name on their lips. Trust me, this can be done!
Till 2moro, I still remember MKO! MKO!! MKO!!! Action!!!!!
If APC needs my services, they can inbox, make we talk price....cheesy

Would have love to disect ur post in pieces but don't have that time. Above all am on mobile.
The bottom line is this.......
Buhari singlehandedly without any strong party structure secured over 11 million votes.
Please tell me how many thousands duke can secure singlehandedly in current Nigeria.
Thinking that ss and se will vote duke when their man the incumbent is still on seat is pure stupidity. It will never happen.
It's wise for a party to invest it's time and resources on a man who has the greatest potential.
Don't be deceived, without the pdp machinery structure, Jonathan himself is useless and can never secure a million votes by itself.

2 Likes

Re: Donald Duke As Apc's Presidential Candidiate by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 13, 2014
Code213:

I thought u were decent but ur response up there proved me wrong.

Why all the insults just because he said u are an APC member?

Is being an APC member now an insultive word too?

If u are this toxic at heart then u are so morally bankrupt to even engage in any discourse on how to solve Nigerias problems.

Most of u guys on this forum are so bitter and nihilistic.

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke As Apc's Presidential Candidiate by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 13, 2014
Code213:

Wake up...

Re: Donald Duke As Apc's Presidential Candidiate by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 13, 2014
Code213:

I really hate that we have 2 exchange harsh words over this issue. Obviously, we both mean well for Nigeria.

This was u preaching earlier on and same u now insulting someone who nvr insulted u.

Case of multiple personality

2 Likes

Re: Donald Duke As Apc's Presidential Candidiate by Code213: 4:16pm On Oct 13, 2014
byrron:

I thought u were decent but ur response up there proved me wrong.

Why all the insults just because he said u are an APC member?

Is being an APC member now an insultive word too?

If u are this toxic at heart then u are so morally bankrupt to even engage in any discourse on how to solve Nigerias problems.

Most of u guys on this forum are so bitter and nihilistic.

Am not sure how I should respond to u. Well, I admit I was hard on the guy. I hate d political branding dat goes on here. I want 2 have my say without being branded. If I am a supporter or card carrying members of any of these parties, I wouldn't mind. And Yes, that GEJtill2019 sounds too moronic 4 my liking.

Finally, I don't need u to tell me if am decent or not. And Off nairaland, u won't believe how much sweat I burn 4 dis country. If u knew, u would understand my emotional outburst.
Tanx.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: Meet General Buhari's Beautiful Daughter, Safina Buhari / FG Reduces Oil Imports As Production Begins In Warri, Kaduna Refineries / Lai Mohammed On Face OFF On Channelstv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.