Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

"Jonathan Is A Failed President" By Christiane Amarpour Cnn. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Jonathan Is A Failed President" By Christiane Amarpour Cnn. (3278 Views)

Demola Fashola Meets Christiane Amanpour Of CNN / Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) / Buhari To Be Interviewed By Christiane Amanpour On CNN Today 8pm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Jonathan Is A Failed President" By Christiane Amarpour Cnn. by focus7: 10:43pm On Feb 11, 2015
From Buhari interviews with the CNN Christiane Amarpour, I read that the international media refers to Jonathan as a failed president. It's obvious the pdp has brought a bad product to the electoral market, the electorates won't buy this product.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Jonathan Is A Failed President" By Christiane Amarpour Cnn. by Soloter(m): 10:59pm On Feb 11, 2015
This good man GEJ, is suffering for the sins of those around him that he's covered.

3 Likes

Re: "Jonathan Is A Failed President" By Christiane Amarpour Cnn. by rusher14: 11:35pm On Feb 11, 2015
Soloter:
This good man GEJ, is suffering for the sins of those around him that he's covered.

Another I had no shoes moment?

Spare us. To the polls we all go.

May the best Man/Woman win.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Jonathan Is A Failed President" By Christiane Amarpour Cnn. by xpac01(m): 11:35pm On Feb 11, 2015
Soloter:
Those who watch as evil is commited and do nothing about it, are worst than the perpetrators- Luther King jr.

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "Jonathan Is A Failed President" By Christiane Amarpour Cnn. by Dbboy(m): 11:47pm On Feb 11, 2015
This mean GEJ is doing something right , the western nation are always about taking advantage on you and nothing more and if GEJ is agitating them then in on fullness GEJ has my vote. Amanpour should call Barack Obama a failed president for allowing black to be killed indiscriminatly in the USA.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Jonathan Is A Failed President" By Christiane Amarpour Cnn. by owobokiri(m): 12:12am On Feb 12, 2015
Who is Christina Amanpour?? Is she intellectually more astute than the ladies working with Jonathan? What yardstick did she use to arrive at this conclusion?? Do her reasons for arriving at such uncharitable summary tally with the interest of Nigeria?? Working for the same mercenery media organisation that wants you and the whole world to believe that 2/3 of Nigeria is under boko haram control? The same organisation that defends her governments refusal to sell weapons to Nigeria because according to them, the Nigerian army doesn't respect the rights of some armed unhinged elements that revel in killing women in labour, running over families with their cars, slitting the throats of harmless civilians while contineously abducting girls as young as 9 as sex slaves!? Why should I waste my precious time mauling over the opinion of a mercenery journalist whose every outburst is calibrated to serve her nations interets?? Christina Amanpour ko? Angelina jollie ni!?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Jonathan Is A Failed President" By Christiane Amarpour Cnn. by eejo(m): 12:25am On Feb 12, 2015
cnn amanpour why can't you hold bush and obama over the missing of billions of dollars of american fund on the war on terror look at your failed president whose citizens are killed by isis or the failed libya america go and die you are no longer relevant to nigeria

1 Like

Re: "Jonathan Is A Failed President" By Christiane Amarpour Cnn. by starlingbawa(m): 12:28am On Feb 12, 2015
owobokiri:
Who is Christina Amanpour?? Is she intellectually more astute than the ladies working with Jonathan? What yardstick did she use to arrive at this conclusion?? Does her reasons for arriving to such uncharitable summary tally with the interest of Nigeria?? Working for the same mercenery media organisation that wants you and the whole world to believe that 2/3 of Nigeria is under boko haram control? The same organisation that defends her governments refusal to sell weapons to Nigeria because according to them, the Nigerian army doesn't respect the rights of some armed unhinged elements that revel in killing women in labour, running over families with their cars, slitting the throats of harmless civilians while contineously abducting girls as young as 9 as sex slaves!? Why should I waste my precious time mauling over the opinion of a mercenery journalist whose every outburst is calibrated to serve her nations interets?? Christina Amanpour ko? Angelina jollie ni!?

Well said!!!

6 Likes

Re: "Jonathan Is A Failed President" By Christiane Amarpour Cnn. by eejo(m): 12:29am On Feb 12, 2015
Dbboy:
This mean GEJ is doing something right , the western nation are always about taking advantage on you and nothing more and if GEJ is agitating them then in on fullness GEJ has my vote. Amanpour should call Barack Obama a failed president for allowing black to be killed indiscriminatly in the USA.
imagine choking black man to death in daylight obama did nothing failed president

7 Likes

Re: "Jonathan Is A Failed President" By Christiane Amarpour Cnn. by castrogee(m): 12:53am On Feb 12, 2015
owobokiri:
Who is Christina Amanpour?? Is she intellectually more astute than the ladies working with Jonathan? What yardstick did she use to arrive at this conclusion?? Does her reasons for arriving to such uncharitable summary tally with the interest of Nigeria?? Working for the same mercenery media organisation that wants you and the whole world to believe that 2/3 of Nigeria is under boko haram control? The same organisation that defends her governments refusal to sell weapons to Nigeria because according to them, the Nigerian army doesn't respect the rights of some armed unhinged elements that revel in killing women in labour, running over families with their cars, slitting the throats of harmless civilians while contineously abducting girls as young as 9 as sex slaves!? Why should I waste my precious time mauling over the opinion of a mercenery journalist whose every outburst is calibrated to serve her nations interets?? Christina Amanpour ko? Angelina jollie ni!?

Very well said, God bless you!

3 Likes

Re: "Jonathan Is A Failed President" By Christiane Amarpour Cnn. by Nobody: 1:05am On Feb 12, 2015
president jonathan now looks like abacha when he was running for life presidency.the national consternation towards abacha was at it's peak just like as it is of now. nigerians dont trust jonathan anymore.

1 Like

Re: "Jonathan Is A Failed President" By Christiane Amarpour Cnn. by Valthegreat(m): 1:30am On Feb 12, 2015
saytan:
president jonathan now looks like abacha when he was running for life presidency.the national consternation towards abacha was at it's peak just like as it is of now. nigerians dont trust jonathan anymore.

That's for the few gullible Nigerians who are swayed by the antics of the desperate and oil block-secking opposition, we the informed Nigerians know Jonathan has never involved in any evil that can liken him to Abacha's tyranny whom your Buhari calls a saint.

8 Likes

Re: "Jonathan Is A Failed President" By Christiane Amarpour Cnn. by missdebs(f): 3:25am On Feb 12, 2015
Dbboy:
for God's sake not everyone who says the truth wants to take advantage of you, even in Afghanistan, they know GEJ has not done well

8 Likes

Re: "Jonathan Is A Failed President" By Christiane Amarpour Cnn. by lilbabyak(m): 4:22am On Feb 12, 2015
All she did was to call a spade a spade. Everybody knows everything in nigeria has derailed except for those senile ones. A better nigeria for the good of all where stealing government fund will be termed corruption

3 Likes

Re: "Jonathan Is A Failed President" By Christiane Amarpour Cnn. by Nobody: 4:29am On Feb 12, 2015
owobokiri:

Masterpiece. Well done.

3 Likes

Re: "Jonathan Is A Failed President" By Christiane Amarpour Cnn. by bizlifelines(m): 4:36am On Feb 12, 2015
I watched and listened to the interview. Amanpour insinuated that the International media regard president Jonathan as a failed president and Buhari as a former dictator.
Apparently, Amanpour was also quoting the recent editorial by the highly influential British The Economist magazine. Amanpour would not want to be seen as unfair hence she tactically sought the view of Buhari on such perception.

1 Like

Re: "Jonathan Is A Failed President" By Christiane Amarpour Cnn. by luvmijeje(f): 4:43am On Feb 12, 2015
She's right.

3 Likes

Re: "Jonathan Is A Failed President" By Christiane Amarpour Cnn. by omenka(m): 4:53am On Feb 12, 2015
xpac01:

Those who watch as evil is commited and do nothing about it, are worst than the perpetrators- Luther King jr.
Don't mind them. To these guys, Jonathan is a saint with no blemish. They can hardly attribute any wrongdoing to him.

And for those saying Amanpour said "Jonathan is a failed president", I wonder if it was the same interview we all watched. What she said was "most people see this as a contest between a failed president and a dictator". She was basically saying what she has been hearing without quoting anyone in particular.

2 Likes

Re: "Jonathan Is A Failed President" By Christiane Amarpour Cnn. by YoursGEJ(m): 5:48am On Feb 12, 2015
Amanpour says it as it is: GEJ is indeed a failed president. I wish we had journalists with balls boooobie like that woman in Nigeria to help us hold these criminals called politicians accountable

2 Likes

Re: "Jonathan Is A Failed President" By Christiane Amarpour Cnn. by cocoduck: 6:00am On Feb 12, 2015
owobokiri:
Stop watching CNN only fools watch chiken news network

1 Like

Re: "Jonathan Is A Failed President" By Christiane Amarpour Cnn. by focus7: 6:12am On Feb 12, 2015
Soloter:
while I agree with you on this, all the same Jonathan has the responsibility to ensure that he use the best materials in the country to run his government. I kept wondering if all Jonathan could afford to work for him are people with questionable characters as though there are no men and woman with credibility in this country. And you know the way he also show little or no concerns to the atrocities commits by these same people around him baffles me, the people take advantage of his weakness to lie to him and commits heinous acts in governance, unfortunately he has to take responsibility for their evil, they crumble his government for their greed because he allows it.
Re: "Jonathan Is A Failed President" By Christiane Amarpour Cnn. by Nobody: 6:15am On Feb 12, 2015
Dbboy:

First, blacks are not killed indiscriminately in the USA. I know the very idea titilates you.

Second, Obama is not in charge of the Police Force in the USA. Unlike your brain dead national law enforcement scheme, each city has the right to have it's own police force and most do or have contract with County officers.

If you want to blame someone for citizens who manage to get themselves killed by police officers then contact the mayors office. Obama has nothing to do with it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Jonathan Is A Failed President" By Christiane Amarpour Cnn. by KeenOne(m): 6:21am On Feb 12, 2015
Dbboy:
This is a ridiculous reasoning, if it's reasoning at all

1 Like

Re: "Jonathan Is A Failed President" By Christiane Amarpour Cnn. by KanwuliaJara: 6:28am On Feb 12, 2015
With people like OBJ and IBB STILL ALIVE, how far can he go?
TINUBU AND OBJ for BUHARI again. . . .
Back to ground ZERO!!!!!

GEJ till BUHARI learns to say PIECES OF FISH!!!!' grin
Re: "Jonathan Is A Failed President" By Christiane Amarpour Cnn. by arsetalks(m): 6:28am On Feb 12, 2015
How is that? Did he not employ those you are talking about?

Show me your friends, and I will tell you who you are.

Soloter:

1 Like

Re: "Jonathan Is A Failed President" By Christiane Amarpour Cnn. by Akshow: 6:40am On Feb 12, 2015
owobokiri:

If it were aljezera, the same u will shout Islamic news station.

when this Senegalese lady Sassey something of BBC I think criticized Jonathan too, same u tanoids scream and raved that she was lying

Now its CNN u are still complaining. About a renowned anchor. One of the best in d world. Do u think they just wake and call a govt failure? don't u know their are a lot of indices they consider before tagging a govt failure.?

I put it to u that a government that can't secure lives and properties of her people, and who can't secure her territory is a total and capital FAILURE!

6 Likes

Re: "Jonathan Is A Failed President" By Christiane Amarpour Cnn. by focus7: 6:42am On Feb 12, 2015
owobokiri:
in response to some of the questions asked: which of the ladies working with Jonathan are you referring to, is it Okonjo Iweala that is confused and has lost touch with the economic reality of the nation that real economic intellects outside the government has to be calling her attentions to issues on economy she is clueless about? Never have we had a minister in charge of economic in Nigeria that has manufactured fake reports on our economic. Or is it Madueke who is secretly feeding her account fat with NNPC revenues? The yardstick by which Amarpour arrived at her opinion is the international media view about Jonahan which equally agreed with out own view which makes the reason we want him go. Or will you call a president that cannot control the stealing rate in his government a success, a president that will do nothing when young school girls under his care were abducted and is still not able to do something about it after a long time, who will stop the protest calling for government intervention in the rescue of these girls but allow a protest calling for the postponement of the election is the height of irresponsibility, a commander in chief that can't lead the country's army to combat the insurgent cannot be call a success.

5 Likes

Re: "Jonathan Is A Failed President" By Christiane Amarpour Cnn. by ozo13(m): 7:03am On Feb 12, 2015
grin the same organization that called Nigeria 3rd fastest growing economy and u ppl wr happy to qoute them n thr figures.
owobokiri:

3 Likes

Re: "Jonathan Is A Failed President" By Christiane Amarpour Cnn. by UrennaNkoli(f): 7:06am On Feb 12, 2015
Everyone knows he's a failure. Al- jazeera called him bad luck to Nigeria days ago. Fail fail fail is written all over him.

1 Like

Re: "Jonathan Is A Failed President" By Christiane Amarpour Cnn. by Vicotex(m): 7:09am On Feb 12, 2015
Dbboy:
I stand firm behind your comment
Re: "Jonathan Is A Failed President" By Christiane Amarpour Cnn. by spenca: 7:17am On Feb 12, 2015
xpac01:

I am, by nature and by upbringing, averse to merely lamenting an evil development; I act to change it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo Of Our Next President And First Lady / Day 10 Of Buhari's Presidency: What Policies Has Been Proposed Or Implemented? / Biafra/IPOB What Exactly Is The Fear Of The Fed.govt.?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.