Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,738 members, 7,809,827 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

Appliances From The Past. - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Appliances From The Past. (27702 Views)

Buy Durable Electrical Appliances From Schneider Electrics/philips Products-Pics / After This Invention, Walking Will Be A Thing Of The Past. This Is Pure Genius / Energy Efficient Appliances Can Save On Solar Installation Cost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appliances From The Past. by arvinsloane(m): 12:12pm On Oct 14, 2014
Kinkale:
Front page tinz..

MEANWHILE...
10Gb for 5595$..
Its 10MB and not 10GB....Then it was a hell lot of memory bro...probably comparable to 500GB of today.
Re: Appliances From The Past. by r33d(m): 12:14pm On Oct 14, 2014
2sExy1:
Those Irons were very heavy in those days o.

I agree grin grin
Re: Appliances From The Past. by donbenie(m): 12:18pm On Oct 14, 2014
Mehn..those vcr players were my idea of heaven on earth then,imagine watching a movie if and when I want,the very idea was Utopian to me..nostalgic...

1 Like

Re: Appliances From The Past. by adioolayi(m): 12:22pm On Oct 14, 2014
gabriel212:
O BOY I COULD REMEMBER THAT MANUAL CLIPPERS.
that clippers can drag ur hair to say you will begin to cry hard unless yuo have low hair . the day me and my younger broda heard there is electronic clipper, we told our dad that we are not going to that place to cut our hair we prefer blade to that clippers since then, that thing has not touch my head. but some people still make use of it.
As per the TV,
We use a color nylon to cover the screen of our TV so that the image would appeared colored
My first experience with the electronic clipper was awesome grin it brought a great relief I tell you......although I was still afraid under it a bit due to the vibration and hottness then grin

1 Like

Re: Appliances From The Past. by BluePearls(m): 12:24pm On Oct 14, 2014
My personal favorite, i bought like 20 of these growing up grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Appliances From The Past. by adioolayi(m): 12:32pm On Oct 14, 2014
Sweet old experience.... Just one family get this in my neighborhood growing up......come see crowd for night whenever we wan watch football, Indian films, wrestling, American films and Yoruba film series Arelu, Yanponyanrin etc...courtesy of B.C.O.S and NTA Ibadan

1 Like

Re: Appliances From The Past. by j4sure(m): 12:32pm On Oct 14, 2014
Thank God for civilisation & technology
Re: Appliances From The Past. by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 14, 2014
I am indeed an Old man.
Re: Appliances From The Past. by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 14, 2014
We had an old Sanyo tv it was the best then , it still sits in my fathers living room.
Re: Appliances From The Past. by Raypawer(m): 12:40pm On Oct 14, 2014
Kinkale:
Front page tinz..

MEANWHILE...
10Mb for 5595$.. Shoo... When now 500Gb laptops go for 60K.. LWKMD

my friend that was 10mb not gb!
Re: Appliances From The Past. by akubudejud(m): 12:41pm On Oct 14, 2014
Well done Op! I love your research work it makes me remember those days with great nostalgic feelings..!
Re: Appliances From The Past. by Omimah: 12:42pm On Oct 14, 2014
The two popular brands of TV sets then were National and President. National was usally 17 inches with a handle on its top like that of a briefcase. President was usually 14 inches.

1 Like

Re: Appliances From The Past. by gabriel212: 12:54pm On Oct 14, 2014
kudoxs:
the color nylon was gotten from ribena bottles back then.
gone are those days my broda
Re: Appliances From The Past. by gabriel212: 12:55pm On Oct 14, 2014
adioolayi:

My first experience with the electronic clipper was awesome grin it brought a great relief I tell you......although I was still afraid under it a bit due to the vibration and hottness then grin
bro that hottness was prefer then compared to the manual clippers that use to drag the hair
Re: Appliances From The Past. by charleff512(m): 1:19pm On Oct 14, 2014
Nice thread.OP this is innovative.No be all these types of - - threads like JAMB question types.
Re: Appliances From The Past. by morbid: 1:23pm On Oct 14, 2014
See my lovely Nokia 3310 cool!! One love baby.

1 Like

Re: Appliances From The Past. by morbid: 1:32pm On Oct 14, 2014
symbianDON:
I no mind that table fan o jare......dis yeye chinese ones wey de market these days no de pass 2 weeks
I D̶̲̥̅̊є̲̣̥y̲̅ tell u,bruv. Nigerian market is now awash with Chinco substandard products that don't last. The most annoying is Chinco building materials,plumbing fittings to be precise.

1 Like

Re: Appliances From The Past. by morbid: 1:43pm On Oct 14, 2014
Lollzzz grin grin grin. No be lie abeg. Them shock me tire,to the extent that to open fridge sef,I go D̶̲̥̅̊є̲̣̥y̲̅ fear to touch the door handle.
freesinzu:
Those appliances they shock

1 Like

Re: Appliances From The Past. by leshluap(m): 1:47pm On Oct 14, 2014
Funny enuf, u can sti find som of dis in some homes,, I sti use d charcoal iron as alternative.
Re: Appliances From The Past. by CoCoLav(f): 1:50pm On Oct 14, 2014
Lol...those floppy disks though, I remember when I was young and my dad told me they were used for storing information and you can retrieve whatever you store, I started screaming into the disk..my name is **** oya tell me what I said. Well...the floppy disk remained mute and I just concluded it wasn't working. sad

3 Likes

Re: Appliances From The Past. by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 14, 2014
akubudejud:
Well done Op! I love your research work it makes me remember those days with great nostalgic feelings..!
Thanks Sir.....
Re: Appliances From The Past. by leshluap(m): 1:56pm On Oct 14, 2014
dedons:
had not have.
. Bad guy,,,

1 Like

Re: Appliances From The Past. by Rose111: 2:06pm On Oct 14, 2014
The clock beside 3 botles looks high.
Re: Appliances From The Past. by babe4chi(f): 2:19pm On Oct 14, 2014
Chai! Good old days!
I remember wen we packed up my dad's speakers,turntables,nd d rest of d olden days appliances!

Wen My dad came bk frm work nd saw d sittin room changed,he almost cried. He was nw askin for his tins,we told him we gave dem to d mallam outside! Na soo my papa open mouth! Dat if we knew hw much he bought dem b4 he even got married to my mum... I was lik "dis olden days tins nid to go" I don laugh tire ehn.
Re: Appliances From The Past. by lexy2920(m): 2:22pm On Oct 14, 2014
That video camera no be wasa oo
Re: Appliances From The Past. by yhemini: 2:24pm On Oct 14, 2014
babe4chi:
Chai! Good old days!
I remember wen we packed up my dad's speakers,turntables,nd d rest of d olden days appliances!

Wen My dad came bk frm work nd saw d sittin room changed,he almost cried. He was nw askin for his tins,we told him we gave dem to d mallam outside! Na soo my papa open mouth! Dat if we knew hw much he bought dem b4 he even got married to my mum... I was lik "dis olden days tins nid to go" I don laugh tire ehn.

lmao... that was the same thing that happened when we changed the old appliances in my place.
Re: Appliances From The Past. by listica(m): 2:25pm On Oct 14, 2014
Mehn dis trend is not for children of 90's ,remembered all when we were begin our landlord throungh window just to watch video.one love

2 Likes

Re: Appliances From The Past. by yhemini: 2:27pm On Oct 14, 2014
EVOLUTION
EVOLUTION
EVOLUTION
EVOLUTION
EVOLUTION
EVOLUTION
EVOLUTION
EVOLUTION
EVOLUTION
EVOLUTION
EVOLUTION
EVOLUTION
EVOLUTION
EVOLUTION
EVOLUTION
Re: Appliances From The Past. by babe4chi(f): 2:29pm On Oct 14, 2014
yhemini:

lmao... that was the same thing that happened when we changed the old appliances in my place.
lolz. My dad wasn't happy sha... E pain am well well...

1 Like

Re: Appliances From The Past. by makahlj2: 2:30pm On Oct 14, 2014
I still use clocks and phones like some of these.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) / Help! My Prepaid Meter Is Not Displaying Any Digit / Amazing Halos Of The Sun Captured By A Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.