Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,225 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Appliances From The Past. - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Appliances From The Past. (27700 Views)

Buy Durable Electrical Appliances From Schneider Electrics/philips Products-Pics / After This Invention, Walking Will Be A Thing Of The Past. This Is Pure Genius / Energy Efficient Appliances Can Save On Solar Installation Cost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appliances From The Past. by Nobody: 11:01pm On Oct 14, 2014
100Cents:
Life is a journey.

I used to remember how the rich kids in church played around their father's 504 and 505 saloon cars.

Those who had a mercedes 200 were revered.

" I swore as a kid I will never be poor, today, I drive cars, own a house and got so much to achieve still young ".

Baba God, I thank you.

So my kids go enjoy ??

Ur wife nko?
Re: Appliances From The Past. by wunderkiind(m): 11:09pm On Oct 14, 2014
lonelydora:

Are you from the Indomie generation?
Huh

Ok. you must be dumb, you can't even understand a simple comment. *sighs*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appliances From The Past. by gbodimowo(m): 1:13am On Oct 15, 2014
Kinkale:
Front page tinz..

MEANWHILE...
10Mb for 5595$.. Shoo... When now 500Gb laptops go for 60K.. LWKMD

Na so we see am o
Re: Appliances From The Past. by Rendition(m): 1:15am On Oct 15, 2014
Arva:

Its even 10MB for $5595 and not 10GB check again.
lmfaooo 10 mb wey glo and etisalat dey give yafun yafun chai life na jeje tins dey move
Re: Appliances From The Past. by ocelot2006(m): 2:36am On Oct 15, 2014
Sile12:
2. Video Cassette Player/Recorders (Upper loader)

Aka Chaka kpom
Re: Appliances From The Past. by lexopus: 4:47am On Oct 15, 2014
Sile12:
9. Charcoal and Electric Pressing Irons.
Some of these are still being used because our electricity companies have failed.
Re: Appliances From The Past. by udysweet(f): 5:38am On Oct 15, 2014
smileyAaaawww dat feeling of nostalgia!
We had one of dos television,I tink it was a"President" brand. Then we had dis KDK fan. We ddnt have dat turntable o but my urhobo neighor called baba jite,had it,loll! Infact wit dat big speakers. As for the typewriter,I had one I bought from dos boys at lawanson and went on to score 90 out of 100 in my ND1 type wrting course taken by one Mrs Dibua(God rest her soul) infact I was renting out d typewriter o,lool! I later gave it to my niece to tak to her school and dat was d end of dat beautiful typewriter,because all her classmates spoilt! I told her to bring back lik dat jo,after holidays. One day all dos abokis dat came to pack dirt mistakend it for rubbish and zapped wit it! I almost cried! Lool! Like I needed it as a visa to heaven! God bless you @Op for posting dis

1 Like

Re: Appliances From The Past. by lonelydora: 5:39am On Oct 15, 2014
wunderkiind:

Huh

Ok. you must be dumb, you can't even understand a simple comment. *sighs*
Yours is raised to power 10.
Re: Appliances From The Past. by stpat1(m): 7:46am On Oct 15, 2014
I still blast those big speakers when I go to my parents house o. even my home theater can't match those speakers o

1 Like

Re: Appliances From The Past. by Joyland(m): 9:49am On Oct 15, 2014
stpat1:
I still blast those big speakers when I go to my parents house o. even my home theater can't match those speakers o

Sure!
Re: Appliances From The Past. by LordRahl001: 11:48am On Oct 15, 2014
CoCoLav:
Lol...those floppy disks though, I remember when I was young and my dad told me they were used for storing information and you can retrieve whatever you store, I started screaming into the disk..my name is **** oya tell me what I said. Well...the floppy disk remained mute and I just concluded it wasn't working. sad
u must be kidding me!! lmao!!!
Re: Appliances From The Past. by wakabout(m): 12:09pm On Oct 15, 2014
@poster... thank you for bringing these memories back to my brain. I have been laughing and laughing, just looking at those equipment of yester-years. You reminded me of the good old days, when living was crude but yet interesting. Thank u once again.
Re: Appliances From The Past. by CoCoLav(f): 12:18pm On Oct 15, 2014
LordRahl001:
u must be kidding me!! lmao!!!

1 think I was 6 sad
Re: Appliances From The Past. by Mustapha111888(m): 12:56pm On Oct 15, 2014
Gone are the days!!!
Re: Appliances From The Past. by sunnyprof: 2:20pm On Oct 15, 2014
My first desktop computer was a 486 dx 25 MHz speed system with 12mb ram and 102 mb hard disk and Floppy drive at N125,000 in 1995.

My first laptop was a Compaq Amarda Pentium 1, 75 Mhz speed with 32mb ram and 128 mb hard drive, Floppy disk drive, CD rom and trackball mouse in 1997.

Pentium 4 systems and laptops started to arrive in 2004. Now we are in the era of 3i and 5i 8gb ram and 1 tb HD
Re: Appliances From The Past. by sunnyprof: 2:22pm On Oct 15, 2014
I used the 5 1/4 Floppy disk in school, my project program is in one of them till today. LOL
Re: Appliances From The Past. by Anthony3850(m): 2:28pm On Oct 15, 2014
phollybee:
Chai!!! That Manual Clipper Reminds me of my Tender Age.
I could remember vividly that I do cry while Barbing my Hair with this tool.
I also Remember that precious Moon i contacted on my Head (lapalapa)
The manual Iron once burnt my school uniform on my first use, Even the Electric type dey shock person wella
Is that not President or National TV I'm Seeing? It reminds me of how my peers and I do gathered together in one and only Rich neighbor house that have TV then. We do source for where they Show Movies back then

how old are you?
Re: Appliances From The Past. by sunnyprof: 2:28pm On Oct 15, 2014
that first Pentium 1 laptop was bought at N185,000 naira, the next was a Toshiba Tectra Pentium 3 at N256,000 two years later. They were gold and lasted 10 years each before being retired by faults.
Re: Appliances From The Past. by LordRahl001: 4:55pm On Oct 15, 2014
Mustapha111888:
Gone are the days!!!
no offence ma'am!! av definitely done more childish tinx!!!
Re: Appliances From The Past. by wunderkiind(m): 5:01pm On Oct 15, 2014
lonelydora:

Yours is raised to power 10.
Do you know who you are talking to? I'm visiting you tonight. angry

dumb ass. It's scary to think that people like you are allowed internet access
Re: Appliances From The Past. by lonelydora: 7:14pm On Oct 15, 2014
wunderkiind:

Do you know who you are talking to? I'm visiting you tonight. angry

dumb ass. It's scary to think that people like you are allowed internet access
I blame the woman that gave birth to you and didn't abort you. I am waiting for your visit. Try it and see if you will be alive 2rw morning
Re: Appliances From The Past. by toygod2: 3:46am On Oct 16, 2014
Wow, things are really changing.
Technology is making the world dynamic
ROTFLMAO esp. at the sight of the word UPPERLOADER. it quickly made me remember one archaic or quack electronics repairer , he advised my dad to buy an upperloading Video player instead of the new ones saying they are more durable. lol cant stop laffin
Re: Appliances From The Past. by OboloMAN: 9:23pm On Oct 16, 2014
timifizzy:
Lmfao @ the computer sales advert pic.... Loool

10mb for $5995 .... chai... i want to sell my own ooo... just $1000 520GB
Re: Appliances From The Past. by wunderkiind(m): 10:50pm On Oct 16, 2014
lonelydora:

I blame the woman that gave birth to you and didn't abort you. I am waiting for your visit. Try it and see if you will be alive 2rw morning
Lucky fool. Lucky I had other things to attend to that I forgot visiting your sorry hut of a home.
You know, I wish you no harm, but it would have been better if you had never lived. No, if you had never existed, because you aren't living actually.
This is really no fault of yours though. But your parents- if only they ever got married! Bastard.
Re: Appliances From The Past. by lonelydora: 10:57pm On Oct 16, 2014
wunderkiind:

Lucky fool. Lucky I had other things to attend to that I forgot visiting your sorry hut of a home.
You know, I wish you no harm, but it would have been better if you had never lived. No, if you had never existed, because you aren't living actually.
This is really no fault of yours though. But your parents- if only they ever got married! Bastard.
Best answer to a fool like you and your generation is SILENCE. Why am I even talking to a slowpoke like you. I'm done.
Re: Appliances From The Past. by forhadprobal(m): 11:04am On Oct 20, 2014
Home appliances, Televisions, Blu-Ray & DVD Players, Home Theater & Audio, Tablets PCs, Chromebook, Digital Cameras & Camcorders, Monitors, Printers, Ssd , Solid State Drives," get all your apliances in your hand. smply visit this website.
http://www.edepot.co/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help! My Prepaid Meter Is Not Displaying Any Digit / Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) / Amazing Halos Of The Sun Captured By A Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.