Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,467 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Appliances From The Past. - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Appliances From The Past. (27729 Views)

Buy Durable Electrical Appliances From Schneider Electrics/philips Products-Pics / After This Invention, Walking Will Be A Thing Of The Past. This Is Pure Genius / Energy Efficient Appliances Can Save On Solar Installation Cost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appliances From The Past. by Azazi(m): 2:38pm On Oct 14, 2014
chai....... wetin that clock pendulum do me ehhh
Re: Appliances From The Past. by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 14, 2014
Funny! Every child must've hated those clippers. The mere look of them threatened &terrorized children.
Re: Appliances From The Past. by alotofgrace(m): 3:29pm On Oct 14, 2014
Arva:

Its even 10MB for $5595 and not 10GB check again.

$ of those days must be like present day Naira
Re: Appliances From The Past. by Joyland(m): 3:36pm On Oct 14, 2014
I did not see bitamax, Sharp 9595. Sad, Nigeria was then every young Ghanian's dream country.

1 Like

Re: Appliances From The Past. by mdbabah2008(m): 4:38pm On Oct 14, 2014
it reminds me of when our street barbers approaches the street, kids will automatically vanish ni cos yeh na DIE HARD be that thing called manual clippers

guys am i on the front page?

1 Like

Re: Appliances From The Past. by tziz(m): 4:41pm On Oct 14, 2014
I particularly remember does scary manual clippers... cry

Wow!! Checkout d last oldskool tv pic, Sony's bin making Trinitron tvs since time immemorial shocked shocked grin
Re: Appliances From The Past. by ekea2001: 4:45pm On Oct 14, 2014
Some did rituals those days to own a Mercedes 230..what an Irony life brings.Studying history should still be encouraged and lets's hear what the sages of the ages have to say.

1 Like

Re: Appliances From The Past. by laoma15(m): 4:48pm On Oct 14, 2014
Excellent Job. You qualified to be awarded a Ph.D. This is a fantastic research work. Good old days. Not too many people had them. The TV was a luxury back then.
Re: Appliances From The Past. by tziz(m): 4:55pm On Oct 14, 2014
Check dis out..
Remember dese...??

2 Likes

Re: Appliances From The Past. by emma2002(m): 5:43pm On Oct 14, 2014
QMark:
I wonder how many 3½-inch floppy disks will take the number of pictures, music and videos I have on my phone's tiny memory card.

Moral of the story: That you have a bigger head does not mean it houses more brain.

lol...

for a 1G memory card you will need about 1000+1.44=694 floppy diskettes!
Re: Appliances From The Past. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 14, 2014
ekea2001:
Some did rituals those days to own a Mercedes 230..what an Irony life brings.Studying history should still be encouraged and lets's hear what the sages of the ages have to say.
Abi, some even to the extent of killing just to own a Peugeot 504/505 EVOLUTION. Lack of foresight, car we be say if person won dash me today, I no go collect am.
Re: Appliances From The Past. by 100Cents: 5:46pm On Oct 14, 2014
Life is a journey.

I used to remember how the rich kids in church played around their father's 504 and 505 saloon cars.

Those who had a mercedes 200 were revered.

" I swore as a kid I will never be poor, today, I drive cars, own a house and got so much to achieve still young ".

Baba God, I thank you.

So my kids go enjoy ??

1 Like

Re: Appliances From The Past. by 100Cents: 5:59pm On Oct 14, 2014
niggereyez:
didnt knw there were manual hair clippers. ..
I used to have this kenwood stereo player back then.

Daddy had one...

1 Like

Re: Appliances From The Past. by JuanDeDios: 6:27pm On Oct 14, 2014
QMark:
I wonder how many 3½-inch floppy disks will take the number of pictures, music and videos I have on my phone's tiny memory card.

Moral of the story: That you have a bigger head does not mean it houses more brain.

Those 3.5 and 5.25 diskettes were nightmarishly unreliable. I couldn't thank the gods enough the day I got my first flash drive.
Re: Appliances From The Past. by Mayor88(m): 6:32pm On Oct 14, 2014
ClaSsical Era
Re: Appliances From The Past. by kwaraguy(m): 6:39pm On Oct 14, 2014
Wow

Please kindly vote me "Babaonibaba" as Most Influential Student on Campus http://xoawards.acecbt.com/2014-extraordinary-awards-futminna-bosso-campus-online-voting/
Re: Appliances From The Past. by DobleO7: 7:01pm On Oct 14, 2014
By viewing these pictures, I was taken back memory lane...Oh my God....hw time flies
Re: Appliances From The Past. by piagetskinner(m): 7:18pm On Oct 14, 2014
Omimah:
The two popular brands of TV sets then were National and President. National was usally 17 inches with a handle on its top like that of a briefcase. President was usually 14 inches.
E get one wey my pops ben get...."MEGATONE"..if nepa light no bright like the sun e no go work
Re: Appliances From The Past. by fabela(f): 7:22pm On Oct 14, 2014
Sile12:
8. Manual Hair Clippers.

Can recall my brothers fez each time my dad scrape their hair with dis clipa..
Re: Appliances From The Past. by hardbody: 7:25pm On Oct 14, 2014
I love the grandfather clocks and telephones. They look very majestic and exotic in houses where they are kept as evidence that the owners were once very well to do. Second point of note for me is that someday in the future, the gadgets we are using today will be referred to as 'Appliances from the Past'

The only permanent thing is change.
Re: Appliances From The Past. by decatalyst(m): 7:35pm On Oct 14, 2014
Wow! This is so lovely! I can't wait to "comment my reserve"!

I was just smiling although
Re: Appliances From The Past. by lawrenceunaa: 8:09pm On Oct 14, 2014
Nothing is new on earth wink
Cos everything u see today is an upgrade of what u saw yesterday grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Appliances From The Past. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 14, 2014
hardbody:
I love the grandfather clocks and telephones. They look very majestic and exotic in houses where they are kept as evidence that the owners were once very well to do. Second point of note for me is that someday in the future, the gadgets we are using today will be referred to as 'Appliances from the Past'

The only permanent thing is change.
Sure.
Re: Appliances From The Past. by careema(f): 8:31pm On Oct 14, 2014
This rewinder nko?

1 Like

Re: Appliances From The Past. by gidjah(m): 8:58pm On Oct 14, 2014
Alfred200825:
I can still remember the turn table. My dad hv one den
STILL GOT ONE TILL DATE,STILL WORKIN wit my ALBA Speakers!My DAD'S 24INCH television is still workin till date,our super national amp wit turn table still functions in my familly house till date!my mama gave me the ALBA turn table
Re: Appliances From The Past. by gidjah(m): 9:05pm On Oct 14, 2014
fpeter:
these were once Big men appliances o
TRUE talk my dear sis,we scramble to watch d VHS in people's home way back,then,it was wit black and white o,we use to worship d children of d owners then so that make dem no pursue us next time we come their house to watch local seseame street and sunday tales by moon light!
Re: Appliances From The Past. by emmancipated(m): 9:58pm On Oct 14, 2014
Chaka chaka
Re: Appliances From The Past. by Emmanuel247(m): 10:05pm On Oct 14, 2014
This is reminder
Re: Appliances From The Past. by lonelydora: 10:12pm On Oct 14, 2014
Indomie generations won't understand all these pictures
Re: Appliances From The Past. by wunderkiind(m): 10:24pm On Oct 14, 2014
ayusco85:
Call me crazy but I miss every of these appliaces. Life was more easier back then, just swap the modern computers with the old. How time flies
Ok. You are crazy. undecided
Re: Appliances From The Past. by wunderkiind(m): 10:27pm On Oct 14, 2014
lonelydora:
Indomie generations won't understand all these pictures
Why won't they understand

Dinosaurs have been extinct for ages, tell me how then do you 'understand' the picture of one when you see it? undecided
Re: Appliances From The Past. by lonelydora: 10:37pm On Oct 14, 2014
wunderkiind:

Why won't they understand

Dinosaurs have been extinct for ages, tell me how then do you 'understand' the picture of one when you see it? undecided
Are you from the Indomie generation?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) / Amazing Halos Of The Sun Captured By A Nairalander / Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.