Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Satellite Missing: 1st Chinese 419 To Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Satellite Missing: 1st Chinese 419 To Nigeria (13640 Views)

MMA: GEJ 419 Airport Transformation. Ugly Pics. / 419 of all types is a Nigeria-wide vice: The case of the Houston MedicAid Fraud. / Efcc On Youtube: Nabs 419 Scammers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Satellite Missing: 1st Chinese 419 To Nigeria by ernal(m): 11:54pm On Nov 12, 2008
insurance my ASS!!! Sometimes mid this year i applied for a course in atmopsheric physics and showing proof of the National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA) launched satellites to show prospect,guess what the oyinbo man talk,he said am  i for real? say him no no say we get satellite for orbit, grin grin grin

my view,what use has this satellite being put to use since the launch,ow many of our so call physics graduate u don see near the NASRDA.Yes i have read a whole crap about satellite getting missing being standard by all them commentators, but ask yourself how many physics dude dey work for bank after all years of science.Our senate need to wake up.This is 2008 not  1808.

Maybe when we have the right people doing the right thing,we can duly acocunt for everything we dey spend our country money on.

For those who wants to pursue more in the field.

http://www.unn.edu.ng/basicspacesciences/content/view/25/51/

http://www.globalsecurity.org/space/world/nigeria/index.html
Re: Satellite Missing: 1st Chinese 419 To Nigeria by ernal(m): 11:56pm On Nov 12, 2008
@ Rhea

"Why they no carry mopol and siren follow the satellite? Boys fit go space, go arrange the thing. Abi no be government property again?"

That was a cracker grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Satellite Missing: 1st Chinese 419 To Nigeria by MrCrackles(m): 12:01am On Nov 13, 2008
shey na chinko people wey come steal satellite?
Re: Satellite Missing: 1st Chinese 419 To Nigeria by ikeyman00(m): 12:06am On Nov 13, 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@ Rhea

"Why they no carry mopol and siren follow the satellite? Boys fit go space, go arrange the thing. Abi no be government property again?"

That was a cracker

u no remember horse wimps ha
Re: Satellite Missing: 1st Chinese 419 To Nigeria by naijaway(m): 12:13am On Nov 13, 2008
Hopefully, this is an absolute rumor or joke; Cuz this is not only hard 2 believe but a mega disgrace to all nigerians. Only God in heaven can save us from incompetence. Nigeria is really in need of accountability and education because if its not bridge falling six month after installation, it is one huge thing missing, or a huge amount of cash disappearing or some crazy stuff. So far, the only news dat made any little sense has been d one about the school guy building a helicopter that raised up a couple of feets.
Re: Satellite Missing: 1st Chinese 419 To Nigeria by ikeyman00(m): 12:30am On Nov 13, 2008
another bomb shell anticipating

nuclear reactor in nigeria; 1 mistake thats it; mass death hhhmm?
Re: Satellite Missing: 1st Chinese 419 To Nigeria by shotster50(m): 12:49am On Nov 13, 2008
Nigeria will never smell anything nuclear in the next 100 hundred years.
Re: Satellite Missing: 1st Chinese 419 To Nigeria by ikeyman00(m): 1:02am On Nov 13, 2008
gbam !!

let them go for climatised renewable power
Re: Satellite Missing: 1st Chinese 419 To Nigeria by SourSex: 1:21am On Nov 13, 2008
nobody fit dupe naija, na pipo way plant dey uproot!
Re: Satellite Missing: 1st Chinese 419 To Nigeria by hedges007(m): 1:42am On Nov 13, 2008
[color=#990000][/color]OMO I NO DEY SURPRISE AT ALL OOOOOO. Na the Chinco them do mistake. If 9ija is so serious about launching a satellite, China should have separately launch our own orbit too, the fear of conterminating other serious minded, carefully built and maintained  satellites would have been alleviated hahahahaha no be small thing oooo. U know now, everything about 9IA is always diffrent. Imagine, buying a dog at a huge amount, after sometime, the dog can no longer bark, na cough e dey cough, why? lack of nourishment. Well let us pretend and agree with them say na battery dey do am sha. But make them remove the Tiger head battery, come collect DURA CELL @ no cost, It's directly from US not from Shina that cannot Shine (sorry China), i wonder if their own satellite ever experience flat battery and get parked?( make i use their grammar). Well i can't really blame the chinco them, we always rely on outside world to do things for us, but come oo, who dey say 9ija gain independence sef? when we remain dependent on others for everything. 9ija is so crude that, even crude oil, the main source of income produced within, is foreign dependent for refine. Chaaaaiiii, Well, daily i pray for Nigeria. And i wish when i return to the Country one day, things would have been better. Anyway, these are rough paths of greatness we may pass through, but let the Government and d people pass through it with righteousness. My Lord, I rest my case.
Re: Satellite Missing: 1st Chinese 419 To Nigeria by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:55am On Nov 13, 2008
Everbody keeps forking Africa, when will we learn
Re: Satellite Missing: 1st Chinese 419 To Nigeria by stanech: 4:11am On Nov 13, 2008
Na Wah

U sure say these shinese people realy launch anything

Or maybe na one BIG stone them through enter space come they say na sata
Re: Satellite Missing: 1st Chinese 419 To Nigeria by iukpe: 4:14am On Nov 13, 2008
NAIRALANDERS DON'T LOOSE HOPE!
It's time to call-in the hunters who found the missing plane.
Re: Satellite Missing: 1st Chinese 419 To Nigeria by Morenike3(f): 4:22am On Nov 13, 2008
grin grin grin grin 419, no be new thing na
Re: Satellite Missing: 1st Chinese 419 To Nigeria by skyamingo(m): 5:22am On Nov 13, 2008
Chinese are well known for inferior goods. Currently, they produced tianted milk which took away the life of more than two million children. Now they are having conterminated eggs. If we really want life to be worth living in African, we should should minimize or communication with China and boost the relationship between Europe. Chinese strongly believe in mass production not even considering the long term of the product.

African leaders are fools, Im sorry to say this but its true. I would say they have not been to exposed life, even if they are leaders, still all of them are dirty pigs since they dont want to develop Africa. Africa has all it takes to develop herself. Our leaders are blind they wanted to acquire the whole wealth for themselves. I dont want to continue with this topic it makes me cry and feel so bad. Our leaders are not patriotic. they dont have love for Africans. They claim to be the best and still living in a dirty continent with Hiv, poverty, diseases, corruption, the list cant go on.

Back to the satelite issue, the chinese have duped us enough. be wise Africa, be wise Nigeria
Re: Satellite Missing: 1st Chinese 419 To Nigeria by bawomolo(m): 5:26am On Nov 13, 2008
don't panic people, the nigerian airforce is at the moment sending rasaki the battery charger to orbit in order to fix the flat battery. may i also confide in you guys that rasaki doesn't use defective made in taiwan or beijing part.
Re: Satellite Missing: 1st Chinese 419 To Nigeria by femzy(m): 6:18am On Nov 13, 2008
MAKE DEM SELL THIS SATELLITE SINCE WE NO FIT MNAGE AM ABEG !!!!! abi na by force?
Re: Satellite Missing: 1st Chinese 419 To Nigeria by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 13, 2008
hedges007:

[color=#990000][/color]OMO I NO DEY SURPRISE AT ALL OOOOOO. Na the Chinco them do mistake. If 9ija is so serious about launching a satellite, China should have separately launch our own orbit too, the fear of conterminating other serious minded, carefully built and maintained satellites would have been alleviated. U know now, everything about 9IA is always diffrent. Imagine, buying a dog at a huge amount, after sometime, the dog can no longer bark, na cough e dey cough, why? lack of nourishment. Well let us pretend and agree with them say na battery dey do am sha. But make them remove the Tiger head battery, come collect DURA CELL @ no cost, It's directly from US not from Shina that cannot Shine (sorry China), i wonder if their own satellite ever experience flat battery and get parked?( make i use their grammar). Well i can't really blame the chinco them, we always rely on outside world to do things for us, but come oo, who dey say 9ija gain independence sef? when we remain dependent on others for everything. 9ija is so crude that, even crude oil, the main source of income produced within, is foreign dependent for refine. Chaaaaiiii, Well, daily i pray for Nigeria. And i wish when i return to the Country one day, things would have been better. Anyway, these are rough paths of greatness we may pass through, but let the Government and d people pass through it with righteousness. My Lord, I rest my case.

How dey wan take launch our orbit? Is it with planets or only orbit they need to launch?
Re: Satellite Missing: 1st Chinese 419 To Nigeria by DamiD: 7:51am On Nov 13, 2008
It was powered down on saturday night, when it developed a fault.

I wonder where Nigerians get their own stories from.
Re: Satellite Missing: 1st Chinese 419 To Nigeria by ikeyman00(m): 8:10am On Nov 13, 2008
eyea

make them televise it;if they serious hmm
Re: Satellite Missing: 1st Chinese 419 To Nigeria by princekevo(m): 8:44am On Nov 13, 2008
Lol, Satellite is missing and i can see people on here yelling as if this is the first thing missing in Nigeria.Oh! may be they are yelling for the huge amount involved?C'mon lets be real, amount more than that keep on missing every year,no shaking.
Nigeria is one great and unique country that anything is missable, no shaking. Individauls should be suprised to wake up one morning and see theirselves serving at a white man's kitchen in one country or the other, only to watch the breaking news that says "the federal republic of Nigerian is missing".
You guys should better wake up and face the realities of life,
Re: Satellite Missing: 1st Chinese 419 To Nigeria by niyi09(m): 9:00am On Nov 13, 2008
the satellite isnt missing it was powered down due to the fact that it developed a fault.this is according to the infomation minister
Re: Satellite Missing: 1st Chinese 419 To Nigeria by scottN(m): 9:21am On Nov 13, 2008
If really it was powered down then its either our media lack research culture or someone's economical with the truth. However I don't think we have even begun utilising that satellite to its full capacity yet. Wasn't it meant for weather forecast? Listen to our local weather forecast and you'll c what i mean.
Re: Satellite Missing: 1st Chinese 419 To Nigeria by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 13, 2008
as far as am concerned, this is misplaced priority, like ELdee said, we put satellite for space, my people no fit chop. Even the idiots at the top, rather than tackle pressing issues, they're deliberation over official car and who shud and shuldn't be entitled to use of siren, what these leaders lack is "common sense". Its only God will judge them. angry angry angry
Re: Satellite Missing: 1st Chinese 419 To Nigeria by tjadeba(m): 9:41am On Nov 13, 2008
could someone please furnish me with the usefulness of this satellite since it has been launched.has it really been put to any use since its launch?
Re: Satellite Missing: 1st Chinese 419 To Nigeria by princekevo(m): 9:41am On Nov 13, 2008
niyi09:

the satellite isnt missing it was powered down due to the fact that it developed a fault.this is according to the infomation minister

Information from Who?Minister of information, lol Wht do u expect him to say? To tell u that the satellite is actually missing?Ofcoz they all take Nigerian citizen for fools.Were there any proof of his statement that actually the satellite was powered down, and wht are the reasons for this sudden power down of a satellite which is supposed to be monitored 24hrs.Nigerians should be wise as this one don dey get Kleg so.
Re: Satellite Missing: 1st Chinese 419 To Nigeria by kellygirl(f): 9:48am On Nov 13, 2008
notin wen nor dey happen 4 naija shocked
Re: Satellite Missing: 1st Chinese 419 To Nigeria by oluwdashmi(f): 10:06am On Nov 13, 2008
There is no need blaming anybody, This Chinese and those HAUSA people who gave them the contract will have to go to the orbit and locate the sat.

@ Sam Milla

You are so funny cheesy cheesy
Re: Satellite Missing: 1st Chinese 419 To Nigeria by PurestBoy(m): 10:12am On Nov 13, 2008
I just completed my application for US visa lottery online. House please pray for me to become one of the lucky winners before something else is declared missing in Nigeria again.
Re: Satellite Missing: 1st Chinese 419 To Nigeria by Martins00(m): 11:02am On Nov 13, 2008
Why should our government still be dumm? Its citizens can't boast of 12hrs daily supply of Electricity nationwide, Education is at its worse standards, extremely bad roads, poverty on growth and they're wasting money sending satellite to space. Funny enough 1 out 10 Nigerians is almost uneducated.

I somehow wonder what plan they exactly have or their expectation from that project, but Nigeria is certainly too unripe for that.

If any damn ass Senator is or probably the f*ckin n1ggA president now is reading this, you might wanna try recrack ur brains and see if you could invest our money in things reasonable than wankin in the office and running after cows or probably f*ckin 10yr old girls as wives.
Re: Satellite Missing: 1st Chinese 419 To Nigeria by debosky(m): 11:03am On Nov 13, 2008
The satellite is not missing - according to reliable media reports, the satellite was powered down due to battery discharge in a non-eclipse situation. This was noticed on Monday due to service disruptions to customers such as ISPs and banks who rely on the satellite for communications.

In plain English, the satellite started running on battery power instead of generating electricity from it's solar panels as designed, leading to a shut down to diagnose the problem and correct it.

According to the agency involved, the problem will be resolved and the satellite is under insurance. Solar panel failure on satellites is not an unheard of phenomenon, let this issue not be blown out of proportion.

The main fault here is that of the NigComSat management - their information management is very poor - informing their customers/service providers or issuing a press release would have prevented these salacious rumours from starting.

Nigerian satellite not missing, says NigComSat

THE Nigerian Communication Satellite Limited (NigComSat) yesterday denied media reports that the Nigerian Satellite code named NigComSat-1 launched in China about two years ago was missing.

The statement was reacting to media reports (The Guardian not included), which speculated that the satellite was missing in orbit.

The controversy over the NigComSat-1 began early on Monday when some telecommunication companies, banks and some multinational organisations including a major broadband Internet Service Provider (ISP) were allegedly cut off from the international gateways.

The companies used bandwidth from NigComSat-1 to power their services in and outside Nigeria.

However, while the companies were in a dilemma as to what the situation was, officials of NigComSat kept sealed lips until reports began to filter out.

Calls to the Managing Director, Mr. Rufai Ahmed, were allegedly not answered as reporters and officials of affected companies fished for information on the situation.

But in a statement signed by Abimbola Alale for the Managing Director, the organisation yesterday said service disruption was noticed on NigComSat-1 on Monday, November 10, 2008 "due to a technical problem with the solar panel causing outage.

"The tradition in the industry is to carry out a fault tree analysis to narrow down on the cause effect and mitigation of the problem."

The statement denied media reports that the satellite was missing, saying it was, "rather powered down at 10am Monday morning when we observed battery discharge in a non-eclipse situation.

"The satellite was put in an emergency mode operation in order to effect mitigation and repairs," the statement added, saying NigComSat was working with its technical consultants to restore service from the system.

"We, in collaboration with our Chinese counterparts, identified some problems at about 10 p.m. on Sunday and had to switch off the satellite to enable us to carry out fault analysis of the situation," Ahmed said, according to agency reports.

He said that the satellite was fully insured against any unforeseen damage, destruction or any problem capable of incapacitating its operations.

"In the event of any destruction, including loss of the satellite, it will be replaced, as it is 100 per cent insured," he said.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/article05//indexn2_html?pdate=131108&ptitle=Nigerian%20satellite%20not%20missing,%20says%20NigComSat
Re: Satellite Missing: 1st Chinese 419 To Nigeria by Muza(m): 11:23am On Nov 13, 2008
Let them start a public hearing on NigCom sta cos i dont think the minister is telling us the whole truth.(Remember Felix Hyet and the beechcraft plane).
Or better still they should call the greatest crook Nigeria ever had,who even at over 80 years when he should be think of the hear after,hes still looting naija blind.When is that guy going back to Yola or Kirikiri.

There is no need blaming anybody, This Chinese and those HAUSA people who gave them the contract will have to go to the orbit and locate the sat.

@SAM
I don't expect a foolish ethnic bigot like you to know when the contract for the satellite was signed.Let me tell you that the contract was signed during the tenure of the most corrupt,wicked,greedy, leader Nigeria ever had, Obasanjo.
For the revelations of the various probes you would know that your brother injured us no be small.You and your brothers will not smell power anytime soon cos you got 2 chances 20 yrs apart and you blew it.We will not make that mistake a third time.And for your information the M.D of NigCom sat is Ahmed Rufai,an igbira man from kogi state.So dont bring Hausa in.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Edo Unemployment Rate Falls From 25.1% To 19%, Obaseki Claims Achievement / Osun Tribunal: Oyetola, APC Cross Appeal, Insists Adeleke Forged Certificate / Lagos Resumes Work On Okokomaiko- Badagry Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.