Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,924 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

Notice:buhari Never Built A Single Refinery - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Notice:buhari Never Built A Single Refinery (21288 Views)

OBJ & Buhari Pictured In 1978 Cutting The Tape At The Opening Of Warri Refinery / Buhari Never Made 100 Days Promise To Nigerians – Keyamo / Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Notice:buhari Never Built A Single Refinery by Civory(m): 10:11am On Oct 15, 2014
ovadoze:

Was he the head of govt when the refineries were built because you guys have been busy telling us how refineries were built by him?
The point is that Buhari can only be compared to Abacha because his actions in office were similar to that of Abacha, just that he didn't last in office
If the building of a refinery is going to be the criterion for voting in 2015 then your precious GEJ too does not qualify AT ALL!

1 Like

Re: Notice:buhari Never Built A Single Refinery by adanny01(m): 10:18am On Oct 15, 2014
Itoroetti:
i've been watching APC fans peddling rumours that Buhari built 2 out of our 4 refineries, but i want to correct such impression by stating categorically that BUHARI NEVER BUILT A SINGLE REFINERY.
egift and ibnsultan,stop decieving ur gullible fellows.

stats dont lie,check below;

The Refinery project was completed and the Fuels Plant was commissioned in 1980. However the Lubes Plant was commissioned in 1983 and Petrochemical Plant much later in 1988. The initial operation and maintenance was carried out by Nigerian Staff and expatriate personnel as technical back up. By 1985, Nigerian staff had virtually taken over all the maintenance and operations.
www.nnpcgroup.com/nnpcbusiness/subsidiaries/krpc.aspx

However, Buhari was the Federal Commisioner on petroleum and Natural resources and Chairman NNPC 1976-78 during which the construction of the Kaduna and Warri refinaries was in progress. So, you have to acknowledge his contribution else you will also say GEJ has no contribution to the power reforms currently in the country since OBJ was the one who concieved and awarded, mobilised all the projects.

2 Likes

Re: Notice:buhari Never Built A Single Refinery by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 15, 2014
egift:

If Stella Odua state that the Airports in Nigeria were remodeled under her leadership, will you tell her to shut up that she has never been a President?
Just shut up okay. In a presidential system of govt the President takes all the blame for all wrongs done and credit for all right done and not his appointees, because if he as the head ofstate and govt doesn't approve those projects his ministers won't carry them out. That's why we blame Jonathan for the immigration test exercise that claimed lives and not Abba Moro the Minister of Internal Affairs.
So if Obasanjo had not approved the building of the refineries, Buhari asMinister of Petroluem would have had nothing to supervise, so the buck stops at the table of the President.

12 Likes

Re: Notice:buhari Never Built A Single Refinery by Delafruita(m): 10:19am On Oct 15, 2014
While I am not a big fan of general muhammadu buhari,I will not be a party to turning history on its head.buhari was neither part of neither did he head the coup of 1983.

Much as I agree that buhari's regime didn't build a refinery,the fact that he was federal minister of petroleum under the obasanjo regime means he was instrumental to those refineries been built.

His humanitarian record is horrible.many might say it was a military regime and the constitution was suspended.some might even argue that most of the decrees had been in place since the ironsi regime but that's just sugarcoating it.buhari had a bad humanitarian record.its true you can't make an omelet without breaking an egg but he broke too many eggs.applying punishment that didn't exist as at the time the crimes were committed was the height of it.

I believe the WAI effort was commendable and if it could be replicated,our nation will be better for it.

All in all,I think the buhari regime fared well.anybody other than jonathan will attract my vote but I will only vote a buhari if he has a fashola or an amaechi on his ticket.

4 Likes

Re: Notice:buhari Never Built A Single Refinery by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 15, 2014
egift:

In case you did not get it the first time, the following statements cannot be changed.
- Under the leadership of Buhari 2 of Nigeria's current refineries were built (Warri and Kaduna).
- Under the leadership of Soludo, the banks in Nigeria were recapitalized.
- Under the leadership of Ribadu, many corrupt politicians were charged to court for prosecution.
- Under the leadership of Stella Odua, many Airports in Nigeria were remodeled.

You can insult everyone till 2016, it will not change the facts. You are just ashamed Jonathan cannot put one Refinery to his name - even PDP 15 years of Corruption.

Under whose govt where the afore mentioned achieved? You talk about leadership as if the ministers head the administration they served in. Truth is there's nothing any minister can do in terms of capital intensive projects like the ones you listed above if the president doesn't approve them because he knows more than the ministers involved the feasibility of such projects given available resources. You forgot that the president is the head of the Federal Executive Council where most of these projects are discussed and approved.
Buhari may have initiated the refinery projects since they fall directly under his ministry (I dont know for such) but if the head of state hadn't given a go ahead order, the much Buhari would have done is whine in defeat. Stop being clever by half boy.
Why do you blame Jonathan when any of his minister messes up? Why do you blame him instead of the Ministers of Defence, NSA, CDS, CAS, CNS, CAS, IGP, DSS etc for boko haram? Is it not because the buck stops at his table?

12 Likes

Re: Notice:buhari Never Built A Single Refinery by Explicit01: 10:34am On Oct 15, 2014
This brings us to the question "if buhari didn't get it right when he was much more younger and vibrant, is it now that he's old that he will get it right?"

9 Likes

Re: Notice:buhari Never Built A Single Refinery by luvinhubby(m): 10:41am On Oct 15, 2014
In every society, the man at the helm of affairs is either credited or maligned for the successes & failures of the organisation he heads..
Every coach takes the blame or credit for any football teams performance.
Crediting Buhari for an achievement under an Obasanjo led regime is wrong.

10 Likes

Re: Notice:buhari Never Built A Single Refinery by Itoroetti(m): 10:43am On Oct 15, 2014
egift:
@Civory, lonelydora, talktimi, karlmax2, activatenigeria, Itoroett, ovadoze, Itoroett
Answer the following questions to free yourself from ignorance.

1. Who was the Federal Commissioner for Petroleum and Natural Resources between March 1976 – June 1978?
2. In whose tenure as Head of Nigeria's oil sector was the Nigerian National Oil Corporation and the Ministry of Petroleum Resources were reorganized to form the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)
3. Who was the first Chairman of NNPC and in what year?
4. Masterminded and spearheaded the construction of 20 oil depots throughout Nigeria - A project that involved laying over 3200 kilometers of pipelines?

show me where its ever stated that buhari built a single refinery and i'll give up.
be sincere to ur conscience, dont peddle lies

11 Likes

Re: Notice:buhari Never Built A Single Refinery by Itoroetti(m): 10:48am On Oct 15, 2014
berem:
So because Buhari is declaring his intention to run for the presidency today,you haters have started opening useless threads to discredit him? I won't be surprised if this thread makes front page.
Sai Buhari 2015!

when egift started of by peddling unconfirmed rumour about buhari building different refineries, did u bothered asking where he got such lies?

u cant decieve everyone when the fact are clear

12 Likes

Re: Notice:buhari Never Built A Single Refinery by chimerase2: 10:49am On Oct 15, 2014
Front page cool

4 Likes

Re: Notice:buhari Never Built A Single Refinery by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 15, 2014
Itoroetti:

when egift started off peddling unconfirmed rumour about buhari building different refineries, did u bothered asking where he got such lies?

u cant decieve everyone when the fact are clear
how many refineries have PDP built since 1999?

1 Like

Re: Notice:buhari Never Built A Single Refinery by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 15, 2014
berem:
Foolish question. You despicable lots have changed your dance step because your lies at Buhari has been exposed, why didn't you ask this question first before claiming that Buhari built refineries. Shameless mofos.

16 Likes

Re: Notice:buhari Never Built A Single Refinery by Itoroetti(m): 11:08am On Oct 15, 2014
berem:

we are discussing about the lies propagated by ur paid agents on buhari's building of refineries.if u want to discuss any topic regarding GEJ and building of refineries, simply create a thread and we shall respond to such questions.

for now lets ensure that everyone knows that buhari never built a refinery.

14 Likes

Re: Notice:buhari Never Built A Single Refinery by activatenigeria: 11:27am On Oct 15, 2014

Re: Notice:buhari Never Built A Single Refinery by rozayx5(m): 11:45am On Oct 15, 2014
Sibabasibaba1:
egift post=27156950]OP answer the following questions to free yourself from ignorance.

1. Who was the Federal Commissioner for Petroleum and Natural Resources between March 1976 – June 1978?
2. In whose tenure as Head of Nigeria's oil sector was the Nigerian National Oil Corporation and the Ministry of Petroleum Resources were reorganized to form the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)
4. Masterminded and spearheaded the construction of 20 oil depots throughout Nigeria - A project that involved laying over 3200 kilometers of pipelines?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A very lame defence. If he did all these what will you say Obasanjo the head of State then did? These things were not done under Buhari's regime as you dubiously tried to make us believe in the thread you created. They were done under Obasanjo/YarAdua regime.

egift will deactivate his account after valentine next year, so nothing to worry about, i hope he makes a fortune selling handkerchiefs to his fellow jweeedians

11 Likes

Re: Notice:buhari Never Built A Single Refinery by CROWE: 1:15pm On Oct 15, 2014
Buhari is an ldiot, fighting corruption is a waste of time and money. Corruption is human nature, it comes as naturally and fornicating and lying does, you will never get rid of it and reducing it is best achieved by encouraging accountability and not by trying to put the sword to it: sometimes the indirect route is the only route. And the flogging of people crap he was doing when he was Dictator showed just how simple minded he was. Of all the late-comers to industrialization, how many of them did it by humiliating and flogging their citizens? Most importantly of all, if he didn't succeed when he had absolute power does he imagine that now that he will be subject to a constitution and ultimately a National Assembly he will somehow succeed? Buhari means well but he cannot do much with the mental capacity of a peanut.

4 Likes

Re: Notice:buhari Never Built A Single Refinery by 4Play(m): 1:22pm On Oct 15, 2014
This refinery building business misses a more pertinent point. The Nigerian Govt has no business building refineries as it is essentially a business undertaking.

3 Likes

Re: Notice:buhari Never Built A Single Refinery by nigerianvenom(m): 9:07pm On Oct 15, 2014
buhari is a criminal and we all know it.we expect him to fail and recontest come 2019.
he claimed he has no money but he goes around with chartered aircraft.
i read the speeched he delivered today on his declaration and all i could do was to weep.buhari couldnt mentioned any of his plans,rather he kept attacking the PDP without making any clear point.

5 Likes

Re: Notice:buhari Never Built A Single Refinery by nigerianvenom(m): 9:24pm On Oct 15, 2014
PassingShot:

With your first statement I stopped reading your post.

If anything, the bulk of Buhari's supporters are 60's, 70's or earlier "children".

why is soyinka not supporting him?
why are fela's children and the entire pa solarin's family rejecting him like a plague?

or do u want to tell me that those mentioned above are people from the 90s?
abeg find another song

2 Likes

Re: Notice:buhari Never Built A Single Refinery by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 15, 2014
ovadoze:
They will come and start spewing rubbish here, the man would have been worst than Abacha if his govt. was not terminated.
A man who overthrew a democratically elected govt. should never dream of becoming d president in a democracy, if it's where things are done right, all coupists and those that benefited from it should be rotting in jail for life, if Buhari did not overthrow Shagari, by now we would have strengthened our democracy.

You're absolutely correct. I actually believe if Nigeria had continued with civilian rule from the Shagari administration down till today, we'd be an advanced country by now. Nothing beats a system of accountability, no matter how flawed.

9 Likes

Re: Notice:buhari Never Built A Single Refinery by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 15, 2014
HAHAHAHA These APC people can be very funny sometimes... Lets play this game:

1. Refineries built under OBJ government is an achievement of GMB just because he was the head of NNPC, Not OBJ the head of the government. OBJ never get the credit for the refineries

2. Missing / unaccounted (pick your side) $50b, $20b, $12b (choose any) of the same NNPC is a failure of GEJ because he is the head of the Government.

Please, who is responsible for the success or failure of NNPC? the head of NNPC or the head of Government??

Glad that Itoroetti has put those lies that Buhari built 2 refineries in 20 months to bed... come up with another lies because this didn't sell

Before you ask what refinery PDP have done, remember that OBJ is still a card carrying member of PDP grin grin grin tongue tongue

10 Likes

Re: Notice:buhari Never Built A Single Refinery by banki(m): 11:19pm On Oct 15, 2014
What did jonathan do as governor of bayelsa state?
I need answers first before i answer anything about buhari

1 Like

Re: Notice:buhari Never Built A Single Refinery by atlwireles: 11:49pm On Oct 15, 2014
Itoroetti:
i've been watching APC fans peddling rumours that Buhari built 2 out of our 4 refineries, but i want to correct such impression by stating categorically that BUHARI NEVER BUILT A SINGLE REFINERY.
egift and ibnsultan,stop decieving ur gullible fellows.

stats dont lie,check below;

You just murdered APC and their lying Nairaland maggots.

3 Likes

Re: Notice:buhari Never Built A Single Refinery by Caseless: 1:56am On Oct 16, 2014
Itoroetti:
it is on record that buhari's miserable rule was between December 31, 1983 – August 27, 1985 and within this period,he actually achieved nothing exception of arresting fela for singing against his government.
he arrested pa Taiwo solarin the famous educationist for criticising him on TRUNCATING EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES [/B]
Arrested Nduka Irabor,the famous journalist for criticising his inhumane government.

[b]it is on record that fela called Buhari-animal on human skin

despite the hate fela had for OBJ,he never tagged OBJ with such negative name,it goes to show u how wicked,corrupt and myopic major general Buhari was.
NB:
Buhari was never a General as he has bin decieving his sycophantic fans,rather a Mere major General
trash!
Re: Notice:buhari Never Built A Single Refinery by Nobody: 3:59am On Oct 16, 2014
Delafruita:
While I am not a big fan of general muhammadu buhari,I will not be a party to turning history on its head.buhari was neither part of neither did he head the coup of 1983.

Are you saying that someone who helps a thief keep his stolen goods isn't an accomplice to the crime? Talking about standing logic on its head. Pathetic!!!

4 Likes

Re: Notice:buhari Never Built A Single Refinery by Nobody: 6:43am On Oct 16, 2014
Sibabasibaba1:
egift post=27156950]OP answer the following questions to free yourself from ignorance.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A very lame defence. If he did all these what will you say Obasanjo the head of State then did? These things were not done under Buhari's regime as you dubiously tried to make us believe in the thread you created. They were done under Obasanjo/YarAdua regime.
That is APC attack dogs for you. Trying to ascribe the achievements of the head of state to a minister/commissioner. Anyway, they had no choice since Buhari had zero achievement in his regime

2 Likes

Re: Notice:buhari Never Built A Single Refinery by Nobody: 6:47am On Oct 16, 2014
4Play:
This refinery building business misses a more pertinent point. The Nigerian Govt has no business building refineries as it is essentially a business undertaking.

But still, we have to set the records straight.

3 Likes

Re: Notice:buhari Never Built A Single Refinery by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 16, 2014
What a fallacy by the OP and distortion of fact. As Chairman of NNPC, Buhari initiated and SIGNED the document that established Warri and Kaduna Refineries and also for the expansion of Portharcourt Refinery.

These PDP propagandists are so shameless and pathetic
Re: Notice:buhari Never Built A Single Refinery by Degis(m): 6:58am On Oct 16, 2014
egift:

In case you did not get it the first time, the following statements cannot be changed.
- Under the leadership of Buhari 2 of Nigeria's current refineries were built (Warri and Kaduna).
- Under the leadership of Soludo, the banks in Nigeria were recapitalized.
- Under the leadership of Ribadu, many corrupt politicians were charged to court for prosecution.
- Under the leadership of Stella Odua, many Airports in Nigeria were remodeled.

You can insult everyone till 2016, it will not change the facts. You are just ashamed Jonathan cannot put one Refinery to his name - even PDP 15 years of Corruption.

Now, I know that egift is an egoat!. Very low reasoning quotient. Unretrievely obtuse. Why blame Jonathan for Mbu's escapades in Rivers State. Chai!. This boy is just too dull for my liking

1 Like

Re: Notice:buhari Never Built A Single Refinery by luvinhubby(m): 7:06am On Oct 16, 2014
baccaspace:
What a fallacy by the OP and distortion of fact. As Chairman of NNPC, Buhari initiated and SIGNED the document that established Warri and Kaduna Refineries and also for the expansion of Portharcourt Refinery.

These PDP propagandists are so shameless and pathetic
The question is who appointed Buhari, approved & authorised the building of the refinenaries?

3 Likes

Re: Notice:buhari Never Built A Single Refinery by egift(m): 7:21am On Oct 16, 2014
rudedough:
Are you saying that someone who helps a thief keep his stolen goods isn't an accomplice to the crime? Talking about standing logic on its head. Pathetic!!!

So are you implying Jonathan killed Yar'Adua since he got his job immediately he died?
Re: Notice:buhari Never Built A Single Refinery by adanny01(m): 7:51am On Oct 16, 2014
datolee:
HAHAHAHA These APC people can be very funny sometimes... Lets play this game:

1. Refineries built under OBJ government is an achievement of GMB just because he was the head of NNPC, Not OBJ the head of the government. OBJ never get the credit for the refineries

2. Missing / unaccounted (pick your side) $50b, $20b, $12b (choose any) of the same NNPC is a failure of GEJ because he is the head of the Government.

Please, who is responsible for the success or failure of NNPC? the head of NNPC or the head of Government??

Glad that Itoroetti has put those lies that Buhari built 2 refineries in 20 months to bed... come up with another lies because this didn't sell

Before you ask what refinery PDP have done, remember that OBJ is still a card carrying member of PDP grin grin grin tongue tongue

Just like sports, government is a team. A coach or president doesnot take all the credit, it is shared.

We might not say the same thing of failure, if a team member disobey's the coach causing the team a loss, that single player takes the blame not the coach. Same in government, if a minister fails, the minister only is responsible but the president must admit the minister's failure and saction him/her else the president shares in the blame. The reason GEJ shares blame of his ministers is that he protects them when they fail.

If a boy steals and a mob is chasing him and he runs to his father to seek refuge, if the father tries to sheild his son from the mob, both will be lynched. After all, a successful child brings admiration to the family but the failure brings scorn and is usually disowned.

The problem of GEJ is that he does not disowns his corrupt ministers or aids, he simply protects them and takes thier blame since he is untouchable. In real sense, even though GEJ is seen as corrupt, he personally cannot be proven to be but he has embraced corrupt people thereby leaving the stench of corruption on himself. He has succesfully taken responsibility of the corruption of his appointees. The Bible says (paraphrasing) if any part of your body will cause you to sin, remove it so that the rest of the body will remain clean. Matt 18:8

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reps Pass 13 Bills In 20 Minutes / Reno Omokri Rallying For Kate Dekpe, Opens Account For Her / UK Recovers $23 Million In Loot Linked To Late Nigerian Dictator, Abacha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.