Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Health Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today (36752 Views)

Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today / NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs / Health Workers Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Health Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by Onegai(f): 2:46pm On Oct 16, 2014
Pamcrest:
Why don't we as a pple and govt regard our health sector as a very crucial aspect of our national life? Health is wealth but both are concentrated in d hands of few Nigerians while majority languish! Visit our "hospitals" n weep.
Methinks both d health workers and govt itself are insensitive.....can't they find middle ground n resolve issues speedily so our pple stop dying needlessly cry
My humble submission

They don't owe anyone anything, blame your government. Private hospitals are not on strike, why not carry your middle-income salary and go to Lagoon hospital, Emel hospital, Mecure laboratories, EKO hospital and more? Shey poverty has not started reaching everyone grin

I pray they privatise health sector. I will so laugh when people see how their bills skyrocket. I've already started ignoring all those pleas for financial support broadcasts I get. IF YOUR GOVERNMENT WAS WORKING, YOU WOULDN'T BE BEGGING TO RAISE $1 MILLION TO FLY ABROAD TO TREAT THIS OR THAT BECAUSE YOUR PUBLIC HEALTHCARE SYSTEM WOULD BE FUNCTIONAL AND ACCOUNTABLE.

But nooooo, people would rather fight for their pocket and their tribe, than demand that their LG chairman release the funds given to him for his Primary healthcare centre. Oh, don't forget to try and buy, I mean, "pray" for a miracle. wink

5 Likes

Re: Health Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by Ochek: 3:01pm On Oct 16, 2014
Iceg:

you speak with so much bitterness....were you denied admission to study medicine.

Too bad you don't seem to know and understand why the different professions exist.
If your IQ on the matter is damn too low, I advice you get upgraded. You're expected to go through the 4 walls of a university and inturn, the University is to go through you. Unfortunately, most ppl tend to have it only one way leaving us with your level of thinking.
Re: Health Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by donodion(m): 3:04pm On Oct 16, 2014
Onegai:

They don't owe anyone anything, blame your government. Private hospitals are not on strike, why not carry your middle-income salary and go to Lagoon hospital, Emel hospital, Mecure laboratories, EKO hospital and more? Shey poverty has not started reaching everyone grin

I pray they privatise health sector. I will so laugh when people see how their bills skyrocket. I've already started ignoring all those pleas for financial support broadcasts I get. IF YOUR GOVERNMENT WAS WORKING, YOU WOULDN'T BE BEGGING TO RAISE $1 MILLION TO FLY ABROAD TO TREAT THIS OR THAT BECAUSE YOUR PUBLIC HEALTHCARE SYSTEM WOULD BE FUNCTIONAL AND ACCOUNTABLE.

But nooooo, people would rather fight for their pocket and their tribe, than demand that their LG chairman release the funds given to him for his Primary healthcare centre. Oh, don't forget to try and buy, I mean, "pray" for a miracle. wink

Word!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Health Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by BraniacX(m): 3:06pm On Oct 16, 2014
Iceg:

you speak with so much bitterness....were you denied admission to study medicine.

i wouldn't say i was, neither would i say i wasn't, i'll leave it to you to judge, so please tell me, was i denied admission if i was required to grease the palms of certain proffesors in the faculty of medicine at the point of admission but couldn't? And yes, i know you'll claim you didn't either, seriously you didn't? And no one you know of either? Keep lying to yourself dude.
Also, did you read through my post? Would you refute any point i raised or just zero it down on my assumed bitterness? Did you notice that i was only criticizing "NIGERIAN TRAINED" doctors?

If you need to know and only if, i was only bitter for the first two years or so into school due to my conclusion that there was apparent injustice but as kids must grow up, so did i, now i look back and realize that it was a blessing in disguise and i dodged a bullet so no hard feelings here dude plus i know what i know because i have many doctor friends and when they go abroad e.g the U.S, 99% of them fail the medical board exams and have to restart medical school again. So prove me wrong if you can.

1 Like

Re: Health Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by donodion(m): 3:14pm On Oct 16, 2014
benjichuks:

Why will the lab technologist lock up the lab? Or the Radiographers lock up and shut down the machines? Or to seal up the records? Are all these their FATHER'S PROPERTY? They should just go on strike and leave all the equipments jare so the Doctors can work! Abi did Doctors lock anywhere when they went on strike?

Benji...You make me laugh...seriously...and its because you,like most ppl out there,errorneously presume GP knows and can do all.

Healh care is a broad career path that requires skills,research,knowledge and pragmatic trained persons to engage in.

Doctors dont conduct and present laboratory diagnosis and confirmation of pathogens,doctors dont tske xrays,doctors dont manufacture drugs...but prescribes.doctors wont come and be changing your IV when it needed,nor clean you up when u suffered stroke,paralysis and you defeacate on yourself.There is a term called "burn out' which care givers would always suffer from as part of their occupational hazard

.Health care is broad. and all facet of such noble career should NEVER BE UNDERMINE.

1 Like

Re: Health Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by jumpmasta(m): 3:26pm On Oct 16, 2014
BraniacX:

i wouldn't say i was, neither would i say i wasn't, i'll leave it to you to judge, so please tell me, was i denied admission if i was required to grease the palms of certain proffesors in the faculty of medicine at the point of admission but couldn't? And yes, i know you'll claim you didn't either, seriously you didn't? And no one you know of either? Keep lying to yourself dude.
Also, did you read through my post? Would you refute any point i raised or just zero it down on my assumed bitterness? Did you notice that i was only criticizing "NIGERIAN TRAINED" doctors?

If you need to know and only if, i was only bitter for the first two years or so into school due to my conclusion that there was apparent injustice but as kids must grow up, so did i, now i look back and realize that it was a blessing in disguise and i dodged a bullet so no hard feelings here dude plus i know what i know because i have many doctor friends and when they go abroad e.g the U.S, 99% of them fail the medical board exams and have to restart medical school again. So prove me wrong if you can.
mmmhhh...Devil will be ashamed of your lies..Keep Drs out of our Mess abeg..for your info..I know too well that Nigerian Drs are shining beacons in USA and Europe..so face the govt jaare..Hopeless JOHESUITE

9 Likes

Re: Health Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by ziccoit: 3:32pm On Oct 16, 2014
Dammyllionaire:

See this mumu, do you think that hospital can function with only doctors? Can they work alone? Other workers can still work without doctors but doctors can never work without other workers. Who will do the test? Who will give a patient the require first aid? Who will give out drugs and other medications even for surgery?

Go to private hospitals, study the system operating there and come back here to edit your comment.

9 Likes

Re: Health Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by Iceg(m): 3:50pm On Oct 16, 2014
Ochek:

Too bad you don't seem to know and understand why the different professions exist.
If your IQ on the matter is damn too low, I advice you get upgraded. You're expected to go through the 4 walls of a university and inturn, the University is to go through you. Unfortunately, most ppl tend to have it only one way leaving us with your level of thinking.

shut d f**k up, and try saying sometin meaningfull,,,instead of coming here to insult some1...u dat hav an upraged IQ....junkie

1 Like

Re: Health Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by THUNDER4real(m): 4:05pm On Oct 16, 2014
CircleOfWilis:
They want to complicate people diseases, health workers are a bunch of heartless fools
Mr. man think well before you post any thing. Health workers are not fools.
Re: Health Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by ogaofficer(m): 4:12pm On Oct 16, 2014
Freest:

How much u go take buy U pay 30k
wetin happpen now no be words i go type there, abi you think say na duplez i wan build on top am
Re: Health Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by danbdavid: 4:12pm On Oct 16, 2014
D Email of NIGERIA: badgovernment@corruption.com
Password:
Strike in all sector Economy
Re: Health Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by THUNDER4real(m): 4:13pm On Oct 16, 2014
jumpmasta:
mmmhhh...Devil will be ashamed of your lies..Keep Drs out of our Mess abeg..for your info..I know too well that Nigerian Drs are shining beacons in USA and Europe..so face the govt jaare..Hopeless JOHESUITE
Who told you this? pls be informed from today: Nigerian trained Drs are not shining beacons in USA and Europe, 99.9% of them can't pass board exams, they end up either as nurses i.e going to nursing school or they will start medical school all over again. The only profession that you will post here that are shining beacons in U.S and Europe and I may agree with you are Nigerian Nurses.
Re: Health Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by ogaofficer(m): 4:27pm On Oct 16, 2014
THUNDER4real:
Who told you this? pls be informed from today: Nigerian trained Drs are not shining beacons in USA and Europe, 99.9% of them can't pass board exams, they end up either as nurses i.e going to nursing school or they will start medical school all over again. The only profession that you will post here that are shining beacons in U.S and Europe and I may agree with you are Nigerian Nurses.
What you are saying in summary is that we dnt have DOCTORS OR SURGEONs like BEN CARSON in our hospitals both private and government owned?
Re: Health Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by THUNDER4real(m): 4:31pm On Oct 16, 2014
ziccoit:

Go to private hospitals, study the system operating there and come back here to edit your comment.
You suppose to post; Go to a private hospital in Nigeria. If really you that is sending one on an errand have been to one, you will find out that the only professional there is the Dr, also most of them are sole proprietors, they employ cheap labour which include: quack nurses, quack pharmacist, quack....So therefore the Dr may end up doing everything and it might lead to burn-out to the expense of the patient. That is one of the reason I personally can't go to a private when sick unless govt. owned hospitals is closed. There is no division of labour there because we have only one professional.
Re: Health Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by BraniacX(m): 4:31pm On Oct 16, 2014
jumpmasta:

hahahahaha! grin I Laugh in sanskrit. U're funny dude, did i say Nigerian doctors are not doing well abroad? Read well ma guy, my condemnation was for Nigerian trained doctors working in Nigeria and i guess u're one of them. Go and ask our Nigerian beacons in the medical proffesion abroad where they acquired the medical certificates they used to gain employment from, whether it was a Nigerian or U.S/European medical college certificate.

And who says am a JOHESUITE? Damn! Typical NMAITE(might be wrong on that though) Attacking the messenger while completely ignoring the message. Shame on you!
Re: the devil would actually be terribly dissapointed with the truths i told.

1 Like

Re: Health Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by THUNDER4real(m): 4:32pm On Oct 16, 2014
ogaofficer:
What you are saying in summary is that we dnt have DOCTORS OR SURGEONs like BEN CARSON in our hospitals both private and government owned?
Didn't get the question.
Re: Health Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by ogaofficer(m): 4:42pm On Oct 16, 2014
THUNDER4real:
Didn't get the question.
i mean we dont have doctors that can perform hemispherectomy in our government and private. hospital
Re: Health Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by jumpmasta(m): 4:49pm On Oct 16, 2014
BraniacX:

hahahahaha! grin I Laugh in sanskrit. U're funny dude, did i say Nigerian doctors are not doing well abroad? Read well ma guy, my condemnation was for Nigerian trained doctors working in Nigeria and i guess u're one of them. Go and ask our Nigerian beacons in the medical proffesion abroad where they acquired the medical certificates they used to gain employment from, whether it was a Nigerian or U.S/European medical college certificate.

And who says am a JOHESUITE? Damn! Typical NMAITE(might be wrong on that though) Attacking the messenger while completely ignoring the message. Shame on you!
Re: the devil would actually be terribly dissapointed with the truths i told.
Then I guess you don't understand that you only have to pass the United states medical licensing Exams to work in USA..all foreign trained Medical Graduates also partake in it. Then when you say 99 percent of Drs working in Nigeria are not capable..then you of all people are most Ignorant.I can't help you...

3 Likes

Re: Health Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by Ochek: 4:52pm On Oct 16, 2014
Iceg:

shut d f**k up, and try saying sometin meaningfull,,,instead of coming here to insult some1...u dat hav an upraged IQ....junkie

Yeah! At least ma IQ could do berra.
Re: Health Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by docsholz(m): 5:27pm On Oct 16, 2014
jumpmasta:
Then I guess you don't understand that you only have to pass the United states medical licensing Exams to work in USA..all foreign trained Medical Graduates also partake in it. Then when you say 99 percent of Drs working in Nigeria are not capable..then you of all people are most Ignorant.I can't help you...
you're arguing with an ignoramus

1 Like

Re: Health Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by Donemmaco(m): 5:44pm On Oct 16, 2014
VOTE FOR JONATHAN FOR THE FOLLOWING
ACHIEVEMENT
1. Petroleum from N65 to 100,
2. Garri from N150 to N260 for Mud,
3. Sugar/flour/beans/ all from N180 to 250/
Mud.
4. NEPA from 1,250 to 4000/Month and no
light.
5. Scarcity of money
6. Killings from few individuals to whole
community wipe out,
7. Roadblock from 1/40km to 2/3km.
8. Oil bunkering for 10,000/barrels to 100,000/
barrels.
9. Strike of just organization to many of
organisations.
10. Sack of few workers to thousands of just
health workers.
11. WASSCE from 40% to over 70% failure.
12. Trust among citizenry from little to non. etc
13. Stealing in billions of Naira to billions of
DOLLARS
14. Budget implementation for 40% to less than
20% Per year
15. Roads from potholes to road cut ups and
bridges
16. Economy from worse to greatest in Africa,
but the masses from poor to poorest
17. Political Movement from PDP to APC and
Vice visa.
18. Bribing from only police to soldiers
inclusion.
19. Lastly, ATM charges from non to now N65
mnth

2 Likes

Re: Health Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by Pennywise(m): 5:48pm On Oct 16, 2014
Freest:
For what Are they high
They should do their jobs jor!! Didn't they sign oath of bla bla bla? They are people that should even work for charitable reasons not financial gratification being the utmost priority. Government should simply privatize the health sector sef, lets hear word finally then we know who is who...

Yipeeee!!!
First to comment... I dedicate this space to all my unborn children
Using this medium to say:
Ladies and gentlemen, beware of BUHARI... He has no good thought for NIGERIA

No. These are the non oath-signing trouble-makers

1 Like

Re: Health Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by Kcinho(m): 6:26pm On Oct 16, 2014
BraniacX:

"if they needed more money they should have studied more? " seriously? U're one stupid dumbass! U're probably a Nigerian trained doctor or a medical student in one of our universities. Seriously, how much more daft can you be? U puff your chest up and prance around like peacocks seeking to do one over and/or lord over other health staff with your inadequate medical training, idiots! Have you ever pondered over the fact that the medical syllabus with which you were trained is substandard and archaic and doesn't follow current international best practices? Have you ever asked yourself why both doctors and other health workers have mutual respect for one another in western and developed countries? Have YOU really asked yourself why Nigerians who can afford it will rather fly to india for routine medical proceedures? Have u considered the fact that only the poor who have no other option go to Nigerian doctors? No! so far as u can boss your nurse and rubbish their recomendations in front of patients even when they have decades of experience over you, you are a doctor. . . .fool!. I thought patient care and saving lives was your prime and most important calling, i guess it's being the so called boss that made you study medicine. I don't blame you and your likes totally anyway, i blame our Nigerian society for ignorantly putting your proffesion on a too high a pedestal without holding you to account even when your gross incompetence cost lives.
Your induction or socrates oath should be or should have gone like this "i solemnly swear to do no harm to my pocket, i solemnly swear to show the nurses that doctors are not their mates, i solemnly swear that my salary would be the biggest, i solemnly swear say them go hear am for my hand ........" should i go on? Better go abroad and discover just how substandard your training is and re-educate yourself from the scratch both academically, pratically and mentally fools.
I solemnly swear that you are ignorant.

2 Likes

Re: Health Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by ziccoit: 6:48pm On Oct 16, 2014
THUNDER4real:
You suppose to post; Go to a private hospital in Nigeria. If really you that is sending one on an errand have been to one, you will find out that the only professional there is the Dr, also most of them are sole proprietors, they employ cheap labour which include: quack nurses, quack pharmacist, quack....So therefore the Dr may end up doing everything and it might lead to burn-out to the expense of the patient. That is one of the reason I personally can't go to a private when sick unless govt. owned hospitals is closed. There is no division of labour there because we have only one professional.

We have been abused by the bastardized system created by the very people majority of youths are defending everyday for whatever reason best known to them. Everything is wrong about Nigeria health system. Private hospitals are many folds more efficient and service delivery oriented compare to moribund political tool government hospitals.

Had Patrick Sawyer was taken to a public hospital when he arrived Nigeria, Ebola would have become 10 per 1kobo.

2 Likes

Re: Health Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by Iceg(m): 7:03pm On Oct 16, 2014
Ochek:

Yeah! At least ma IQ could do berra.

Dont hav tym to batter words wit u....u are jst 1 of d numerous doctors wannabe......its not 2 late anyway,, u could still be 1.....if only u put ur super IQ u claim to hav into better use,,poor man albert einstein.

1 Like

Re: Health Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by THUNDER4real(m): 7:22pm On Oct 16, 2014
ziccoit:

We have been abused by the bastardized system created by the very people majority of youths are defending everyday for whatever reason best known to them. Everything is wrong about Nigeria health system. Private hospitals are many folds more efficient and service delivery oriented compare to moribund political tool government hospitals.

Had Patrick Sawyer was taken to a public hospital when he arrived Nigeria, Ebola would have become 10 per 1kobo.
I am not arguing about their service because all of them are money oriented, also majority of them have poor quality service delivery especially in terms of efficiency because majority of the workers are quacks and therefore there is no room for efficiency and competition. Any private hospital that have professional nurses, pharmacist, etc will do better than a govt. own hospital but in Nigeria we have a very very very few of them like 1%.
Re: Health Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by xakjustice(m): 7:51pm On Oct 16, 2014
Sack! Sack!! Sack!!! All of dem, lots of energetic n qualified youths ar out dia dat can do beta. dis pple av shown DISSATISFACTION n INCONTENDED 4 long, we bear dis no more
Re: Health Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by lexib(m): 8:02pm On Oct 16, 2014
Dammyllionaire:

See this mumu, do you think that hospital can function with only doctors? Can they work alone? Other workers can still work without doctors but doctors can never work without other workers. Who will do the test? Who will give a patient the require first aid? Who will give out drugs and other medications even for surgery?

Olodo!
The Pathologists will do d tests... A/E Doctors will give d first aid... Patients will get the drugs outside... patients relations will make dia beds and nurse their sick ones... Hospital will run esentially tho not effectively.

2 Likes

Re: Health Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by Ochek: 8:27pm On Oct 16, 2014
Iceg:

Dont hav tym to batter words wit u....u are jst 1 of d numerous doctors wannabe......its not 2 late anyway,, u could still be 1.....if only u put ur super IQ u claim to hav into better use,,poor man albert einstein.

Hahahahaha! Thanks for the advice but no thanks.
Re: Health Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by BraniacX(m): 10:09pm On Oct 16, 2014
Kcinho:

I solemnly swear that you are ignorant.

lets for the sake of argument pretend am both foolish and ignorant. Oya, enlighten me na, prove my assertion as being wrong and/or falsehoods or if u can't, you wear those tags . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . PERMANENTLY!!

Mtcheeeeeeew!!

Typical nigerian trained quack(doctor) with the pride of a peacock!
Re: Health Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by BraniacX(m): 10:16pm On Oct 16, 2014
jumpmasta:

sorry, i neither need nor want your help. Guy i said 99% of "Nigerian trained" medical doctors fail the licencing exams. Quote me anytime anyday "99%" and trust me, am well informed.
U can go and write the exams lets see if the stats i posted are wrong, maybe you think it is the routine anatomy, physiology, pathology, pharmacology and what not you were taught here in Nigeria. Go, write it and pass at 3 attempts and prove me wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Joe Muriuki Is Dead (First Kenyan To Go Public About HIV Status Dies) / 2012 Popular Cancer Patient Debbie Osarere Idiagbonya Dies / Breaking!! Six More Health Workers Infected With EBOLA!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.