Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,484 members, 7,770,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:51 AM

Ebola: Don’t Accept Victims, Lagos Urges TB Joshua - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola: Don’t Accept Victims, Lagos Urges TB Joshua (36804 Views)

Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead / Ebola Victims Now Stable, Five Showing Signs Of Recovery - Fashola / Six Die After Being 'cured' Of Hiv By Tb Joshua's Church In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola: Don’t Accept Victims, Lagos Urges TB Joshua by surawilly(m): 4:44am On Aug 04, 2014
As the deadly Ebola epidemic continues to wreck havoc on West African countries, the Lagos state government on Sunday stepped up its surveillance to ensure infected nationals of affected countries sneak into Nigeria.
Officials of Lagos State Ministry of Health and the Federal Government  visited the General Overseer of the Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN), Prophet Temitope Joshua seeking his cooperation in ensuring Ebola victims are not brought to his church for healing.
The SCOAN, a popular international church reputed for its claims of divine healing is a popular destination for sick people all over the world including the West African countries currently battling the Ebola epidemic.
Lagos State Commissioner for Health, Dr. Jide Idris, who led the delegation to the SCOAN, said the visit was in recognition that the church is an international Christian congregation whose members comprise of people from all over the world including the countries of West African sub-region already affected by the disease.
The commissioner added that the visit is one of the state government’s strategies of sensitizing faith-based organizations on the need to cooperate with the government to prevent the spread of the disease in the country by educating the worshippers to report health issues to medical experts.
Idris said the Federal and Lagos state government are working hard to prevent a spread of the virus into the country, the delegation has deemed it fit to educate and create awareness among the multinational congregation on the disease and how it can spread.
“We have our strategies that we intend to share with you. Again, we need to know the resources you have here because whether it is one or two cases, if they are allowed to get out, it is a major problem. We are here to work together on how to contain this disease,” Idris told the cleric.
Another member of the delegation and Director, Centre for Disease Control (CDC), Professor Abdulsalami Nasidi said the visit was to inform the Synagogue church leadership about the deadliness of the Ebola virus and to ensure that it does not escape into the country.
Nasidi, who is both an Epidemiologist and Virologist, said the meeting is a “positive engagement mission” saying the team is seeking the cooperation of the church in containing the virus.
“We are here to engage you positively, we know the powers of this House and your powers and we are duty- bound to protect you and your congregation. We have no doubt the power God has given you, we can’t do that, but we want to help and make it work stronger,” he said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/ebola-dont-accept-victims-lagos-urges-synagogue-leader/

7 Likes

Re: Ebola: Don’t Accept Victims, Lagos Urges TB Joshua by Project400: 5:22am On Aug 04, 2014
cheesy

17 Likes

Re: Ebola: Don’t Accept Victims, Lagos Urges TB Joshua by Gboliwe: 6:09am On Aug 04, 2014
Hahahahhahahahahaha. Sharp moves from the LaSG. Then again, TB Joshua has no such powers as to cure even malaria but he definitely will have staged one or two ebola case healings as usual. Good thing they checkmated him before he even kills himself.

103 Likes

Re: Ebola: Don’t Accept Victims, Lagos Urges TB Joshua by Omexonomy: 6:09am On Aug 04, 2014
Is tb joshua now a health official or does he look like a mortician to the lasag?

6 Likes

Re: Ebola: Don’t Accept Victims, Lagos Urges TB Joshua by Mynd44: 6:26am On Aug 04, 2014
Omexonomy: Is tb joshua now a health official or does he look like a mortician to the lasag?
Smh....

Don't you see the reason for this? People from other west African states might slip into the country to come to the church believing that they will be healed there and the church might habor them

62 Likes

Re: Ebola: Don’t Accept Victims, Lagos Urges TB Joshua by jude33084(m): 6:29am On Aug 04, 2014
grin

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Don’t Accept Victims, Lagos Urges TB Joshua by Akbee(m): 6:29am On Aug 04, 2014
thats a good move but sth was amiss in the arrangement.. tb joshua blvs dat he cant be ordered arround by mere mortals except the God of the synagogue.watch out for this week broadcast on his tv channel n u wl see a liberian woman testify dat shes bn healed of Ebola by tb joshua.however,the aftermath of such event wl never b relayed on screen..

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Don’t Accept Victims, Lagos Urges TB Joshua by Nobody: 6:29am On Aug 04, 2014
Right move in the right direction! Thumbs up for Lagos for seeing this vision before we hear

" be healed from Ebola"
" I am free from Ebola, thank you..."

Ebola is no Childs play o.

35 Likes

Re: Ebola: Don’t Accept Victims, Lagos Urges TB Joshua by colossus2: 6:30am On Aug 04, 2014
Anyway it's only 600naira

21 Likes

Re: Ebola: Don’t Accept Victims, Lagos Urges TB Joshua by Lucasbalo(m): 6:30am On Aug 04, 2014
Gboliwe: Hahahahhahahahahaha. Sharp moves from the LSG. Then again, TB Joshua has no such powers as to cure even malaria but he definitely will have staged one or two ebola case healings as usual. Good thing they checkmated him before he even kills himself.
The guy is nothing but a fake healer.

10 Likes

Re: Ebola: Don’t Accept Victims, Lagos Urges TB Joshua by 3Dimension: 6:30am On Aug 04, 2014
The best practice is to suspend the programme. Cos dirs no way the. Clergy will stop them from coming in. Afterall they wouldn't announce dir sickness until they are in front of the pastor. Imagine the number of people that would have contracted it before they are healed"

14 Likes

Re: Ebola: Don’t Accept Victims, Lagos Urges TB Joshua by Ahuitzotl: 6:31am On Aug 04, 2014
This one no be kiroshibobo matter,ebola will kill 9 out of 10.....leave GOD out of this...

7 Likes

Re: Ebola: Don’t Accept Victims, Lagos Urges TB Joshua by uzolexis(f): 6:32am On Aug 04, 2014
mtchewww...i tire for our pple sef,so if Ebola catch them na TB Joshua dem go run go ......ignorance is a disease on its own

12 Likes

Re: Ebola: Don’t Accept Victims, Lagos Urges TB Joshua by jude33084(m): 6:32am On Aug 04, 2014
Mynd44:
Smh....

Don't you see the reason for this? People from other west African states might slip into the country to come to the church believing that they will be healed there and the church might habor them

The guy didn't read the news, all he did was to comment. smiley

10 Likes

Re: Ebola: Don’t Accept Victims, Lagos Urges TB Joshua by Gboliwe: 6:32am On Aug 04, 2014
Lucasbalo: The guy is nothing but a fake healer.
hush! Don't say it out o. You want his followers to stone you to death?
I am able to say it here because I can stand all their rubbish insults with my insultproof vest. grin

16 Likes

Re: Ebola: Don’t Accept Victims, Lagos Urges TB Joshua by YoursGEJ(m): 6:33am On Aug 04, 2014
Trust me they don't need to tell the man. He is a sharp guy. The guy know how far....say ebola no dey joke

13 Likes

Re: Ebola: Don’t Accept Victims, Lagos Urges TB Joshua by Skynet247(m): 6:33am On Aug 04, 2014
This is serious... Still i believe nothing is to hard for God to do... Right guys.... Check my signature...

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Don’t Accept Victims, Lagos Urges TB Joshua by colossus2: 6:33am On Aug 04, 2014
Ahuitzotl: bb
BlackBerry kor, Tecno ni undecided

9 Likes

Re: Ebola: Don’t Accept Victims, Lagos Urges TB Joshua by beejay1207(m): 6:34am On Aug 04, 2014
[quote author=YoursGEJ]Trust me they don't need to tell the man. He is a sharp guy[ grin/quote] lol.... grin
Re: Ebola: Don’t Accept Victims, Lagos Urges TB Joshua by Techwriter: 6:34am On Aug 04, 2014
HOW CHRISTIANS CAN PROTECT THEMSELVES FROM THE DEADLY EBOLA
In the Olivet Discourse, Jesus described the signs that would be observed by the last generation (that generation who would witness these "end times" events), leading into the Tribulation and the subsequent Second Coming of Christ Jesus. One of these signs given was the emergence of "pestilence" or, known today as infectious disease.

Matthew 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows.

A pestilence is a disease for which there is no cure. When God judges a nation, one of the results are diseases from which there is no cure.
Deuteronomy 28:27 The LORD will smite thee with the botch of Egypt, and with the emerods, and with the scab, and with the itch, whereof thou canst not be healed.

During the last two decades alone, according to the World Health Organization, approximately 30 new diseases have been recognized by the scientific community. Additionally, in 1996, infectious disease accounted for about 1/3 of the 52 million deaths that year. Because of global travel, genetic mutations (bacterial and viral), refugees, congested urban areas world-wide, and various "population shifts", even those infectious diseases once thought under control are reemerging, and appearing with complete resistence to therapy.

The plagues of Egypt provide clues
The same way the ten plagues came with pestilences and natural disasters upon the Egyptians before the Israelites left Egypt is the same way Pestilences and natural disaster will precede our departure from earth (rapture). Miraculously, the Israelites were shielded from all the evil that came on the Egyptians. So we can use that incident to know how to be exempted from Ebola and other End time disasters

To build up your immune system, these are my recommendations to start with.

1. Build your faith One of our greatest weapons against Ebola is faith and fear is the enemy of faith. The victory we can use to overcome the world and all its diseases is faith(1Jn 5:4). The Bible refers to faith as a shield(Eph 6:16). Don’t join unbelievers to spread fear and panic. Fear creates an avenues for the devil to operate
Deuteronomy 28:60 Moreover he will bring upon thee all the diseases of Egypt, which thou wast afraid of ; and they shall cleave unto thee.
This is Jobs greatest undoing. Here him
"For what I fear comes upon me, And what I dread befalls me." Job 3:25

2. Confess the Word: Psalm 91:3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
Psalm 91:10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

3. Take Communion: The communion signifies and solidifies our covenant with Jesus Christ. In that covenant, there is divine protection and a promise of longevity(Psalms 91:16)

4. Plead the Blood of Jesus: In those days, they were asked to use the blood of the lamb and while all the first born of Egypt died they were all under cover(by the blood). The underlying principle is that when the angel of death sees the blood he will pass over you. Read it:
"The blood shall be a sign for you on the houses where you live; and when I see the blood I will pass over you, and no plague will befall you to destroy you when I strike the land of Egypt." Exodus 12:13
[i]"By faith he kept the Passover and the application of blood, so that the destroyer of the firstborn would not touch the firstborn of Israel."[/i]Heb 11:28
In our time the Blood of Jesus is a surebanker, plead it over your life and that of your family(household) always

5. Use the Name of Jesus: At the mention of the name of Jesus, every knee(including ebola) must bow. The Bible says that what ever we bind on earth is bound in heaven. Another scripture says "Give no place to the devil" So any space the devil or sickness has in your life is the one you allow. Drive the devil out in the name of Jesus
"17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”Mark 16:17-18

6. Live healthy: there are laws of health and hygiene we must encourage within the Body of Christ. Even after God signed covenant with the Israelites, He still gave them laws on diet, hygiene, etc. There were even certain meats they were not permitted to eat (Lev 11)and laws on how neat there environment should be. So don't tempt your maker by living carelessly but on the other hand, don't live like the world who only believe in health laws-dont shake people, wash your hands always, dont eat bush meat etc. We have the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus and it sets us FREE from the law of sin and DEATH
I also suggest that, by faith, you come under God’s Health System and out from under the world’s system. There are times we need help from the modern medical system. But, we do not trust this system but we live in God’s Health System.

More importantly, remember that Jesus will soon fulfill the prophecies given in 1 Corinthians 15 and 1 Thessalonians 4. He will come to "gather up" or "catch up" His followers before the Tribulation begins. The final stages of birthing, (aka "Tribulation"wink are rapidly approaching. Every sign that we have been given, is not only present today, but all signs are progressing rapidly in both magnitude and frequency.

If you are yet to give your life to Christ, you have a great opportunity to do so NOW. Moreso, if you are a believer....LIVE READY

From Jude Watchman Oguta

Source: http://judewatchman..com

64 Likes

Re: Ebola: Don’t Accept Victims, Lagos Urges TB Joshua by djeezy(m): 6:35am On Aug 04, 2014
The fear of ebola is the beginning of wisdom. Even the name scares the shitt outta me.

6 Likes

Re: Ebola: Don’t Accept Victims, Lagos Urges TB Joshua by dedons: 6:36am On Aug 04, 2014
Ebola is not a respecter of persons grin

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Don’t Accept Victims, Lagos Urges TB Joshua by BRAV0O(m): 6:37am On Aug 04, 2014
Funny but true!
Re: Ebola: Don’t Accept Victims, Lagos Urges TB Joshua by dreh17(m): 6:38am On Aug 04, 2014
Whatz today's date?

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Don’t Accept Victims, Lagos Urges TB Joshua by Nobody: 6:39am On Aug 04, 2014
Ebola b looseangry
::
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
I......i......i said b loose
:
:
'
'
:
'
:
:
:
:
:
'
:
:
:
:
Loooooooooooooooooooose cry

Chai.....e still de luk me... e no wan go oo grin

11 Likes

Re: Ebola: Don’t Accept Victims, Lagos Urges TB Joshua by Skynet247(m): 6:39am On Aug 04, 2014
dreh17: Whatz today's date?
dreh your not serious..lol
Re: Ebola: Don’t Accept Victims, Lagos Urges TB Joshua by mencade5(m): 6:39am On Aug 04, 2014
mencade5
...is typing a message

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Don’t Accept Victims, Lagos Urges TB Joshua by datguru: 6:39am On Aug 04, 2014
Nothing pass God but be careful for nothing

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Don’t Accept Victims, Lagos Urges TB Joshua by ebullientV(m): 6:40am On Aug 04, 2014
Omexonomy: Is tb joshua now a health official or does he look like a mortician to the lasag?
It's a smart move. Intended @ checkmating the influx of infected persons from other countries.

It's going to be too hazadrous to allow these pple come over for ''healing''.. I mean the SCOAN auditorium is very large.. That has got to b d most lethal way to have d virus spread all over Nigeria. This my dear sir, is something I presume you wouldn't want... Becos it'll be more fatal than Boko Haram's antics.

11 Likes

Re: Ebola: Don’t Accept Victims, Lagos Urges TB Joshua by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 6:40am On Aug 04, 2014
With God all things are Possible

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Doctor Killed By Lassa Fever In Abia Pictured / Old Woman's Massive Goitre Removed, All Smiles (Photos) / Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.