Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** (36613 Views)

Tutorial: How To Change Operator Logo ( Case Study: Nokia N95) / Hack Wifi On Nokia N95 / Nokia N95 8gb(fake)- Masterpiece Of Deception! **images resized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by Newbie101(m): 3:46am On Dec 25, 2009
Max,did you upgrade ur firmware,or actually flash ur fone??
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by maxjax(m): 9:25am On Dec 25, 2009
Newbie101:

Boss,thanks so much!really appreciate, u too Maxjax,thanks grin

my pleasure wink

Newbie101:

Max,did you upgrade your firmware,or actually flash your fone??

newbie101 when flashin' u can actually downgrade or upgrade, in my case i upgraded frm v20 to v31, then to v35

Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by DualCore1: 8:52pm On Dec 25, 2009
maxjax:

newbie101 when flashin' u can actually downgrade or upgrade, in my case i upgraded frm v20 to v31, then to v35
Downgrading a phone's firmware is not a str8 forward off-the-shelf process. Its a do-it-at-your-own-risk process. Phones get bricked while doing this.
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by DualCore1: 8:53pm On Dec 25, 2009
Boss, Drag, Maxjax et al thanks for keeping the thread alive and providing tech support.
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by honsule(m): 10:31pm On Dec 25, 2009
@semid.Am experiencing serious problem with Rapishare.i want to download 144Mb file
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by semid4lyfe(m): 10:33pm On Dec 25, 2009
honsule:

@semid.Am experiencing serious problem with Rapishare.i want to download 144Mb file

If jleech no work, try rapid8.com
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by honsule(m): 11:40pm On Dec 25, 2009
@Semid.that link too is giving me headache.I don vex.make i even do online upgrade.u wan try?Let go there

Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by semid4lyfe(m): 12:00am On Dec 26, 2009
Ok. Anything that rocks your boat, my dear friend
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by BossTtdiamonds(m): 12:36am On Dec 26, 2009
pls how do i flash my phone,
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by honsule(m): 1:50am On Dec 26, 2009
Boss Ttdiamonds:

pls how do i flash my phone,

*#7370#
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by honsule(m): 1:53am On Dec 26, 2009
i decided to do online upgrade,but it wasn't successful.check out the screen shots.My phone almost got damaged

Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by honsule(m): 1:55am On Dec 26, 2009
After the online was not successful i decided to download the offline

Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by honsule(m): 3:02am On Dec 26, 2009
Offline upgrade

Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by semid4lyfe(m): 7:53am On Dec 26, 2009
So jleech finally worked? Hmmm, if try and you don't succeeed, dust yourself up and try again and again untill you succeed - Thats the morale of your story.
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by maxjax(m): 8:30am On Dec 26, 2009
i dwnload straight frm rapidshare nw, no must stress tongue jleech havnt workd fo' me 1day undecided
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by semid4lyfe(m): 10:03am On Dec 26, 2009
maxjax:

i dwnload straight frm rapidshare nw, no must stress tongue jleech havnt workd fo' me 1day undecided
I'm downloading Phoenix Service Software 2009 (132MB) from a rapidshare link via jleech as I type this.

Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by initialize(m): 10:45am On Dec 26, 2009
upgrading your phone firmware is so easy to do now, if you are using maltina to access internet, connect your phone to your pc and download the latest Nokia Software Updater(NSU) and install the software into your computer, Disconnect the phone cos the NSU will complain about a nokia phone been connected, Use joikuspot to connect your network back, now you can use NSU for OTA (over the air) to upgrade your phone without and disconnecting like honsule had with his. I use this process to update my nokia 5800 XM yesterday and it was very successful.

PM: I slept of when the NSU was downloading about 130MB of update only to wake up and get the message that my phone upgrade is successful, it's as easy and automatic as that.
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by engrhamid(m): 11:20am On Dec 26, 2009
So u've d gods to sleep lol!

Lets chat on yim
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by alcofribas: 1:01pm On Dec 26, 2009
Hi all

Just a quicky,
if I get it right, u can either upgrade or downgrade, right ?
The only thing u have to do is put the right datapackage in place, select offline update and give it a go

It is exactly what I tried ( wanted to downgrade N95 8GB form 31.0.015 to 30.0.018 )
Grabed the right datapackage with Navifirm ( great tool BTW ), strictly followed the appnote ( i.e choose offline update, disconnect from I'net, killed F/W, )
but NCS, multi S/W update refused to start,
Got the message : This product doesn't have appropriate firmware available "

Any diea where the problem sits sad
Rgds
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by honsule(m): 1:24pm On Dec 26, 2009
alcofribas:

Hi all

Just a quicky,
if I get it right, u can either upgrade or downgrade, right ?
The only thing u have to do is put the right datapackage in place, select offline update and give it a go

It is exactly what I tried ( wanted to downgrade N95 8GB form 31.0.015 to 30.0.018 )
Grabed the right datapackage with Navifirm ( great tool BTW ), strictly followed the appnote ( i.e choose offline update, disconnect from I'net, killed F/W, )
but NCS, multi S/W update refused to start,
Got the message : This product doesn't have appropriate firmware available "

Any diea where the problem sits sad
Rgds

why do u want to downgrade?
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by honsule(m): 1:27pm On Dec 26, 2009
initialize:

upgrading your phone firmware is so easy to do now, if you are using maltina to access internet, connect your phone to your pc and download the latest Nokia Software Updater(NSU) and install the software into your computer, Disconnect the phone cos the NSU will complain about a nokia phone been connected, Use joikuspot to connect your network back, now you can use NSU for OTA (over the air) to upgrade your phone without and disconnecting like honsule had with his. I use this process to update my nokia 5800 XM yesterday and it was very successful.

PM: I slept of when the NSU was downloading about 130MB of update only to wake up and get the message that my phone upgrade is successful, it's as easy and automatic as that.

u slept for how many hours?use the same phone to connect and u want to upgrade same phone?It is not advisable.use either modem to connect with another phone.
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by alcofribas: 2:21pm On Dec 26, 2009
Hi Honsule

Got some functions not working actually, want to see if previous versions were OK,
but my main questio is, doe NCS allow upgrade only or both
Thks for yr answer
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by honsule(m): 4:28pm On Dec 26, 2009
alcofribas:

Hi Honsule

Got some functions not working actually, want to see if previous versions were OK,
but my main questio is, doe NCS allow upgrade only or both
Thks for yr answer

Nope.It is very difficult to downgrade o.I have never seen sb that downgrade his phone here
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by DualCore1: 5:36pm On Dec 26, 2009
Honsule, what's new on that firmware?
Need to know before I upgrade my N95 from its v31, its been out of use for a while, just laying in the drawer.

I made a transition from symbian to windows mobile. Not as hard as transitioning from windows to linux on a pc.
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by N9528GB: 6:24pm On Dec 26, 2009
@honsule what are the main new features or changes made on v35?
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by honsule(m): 6:25pm On Dec 26, 2009
@Dc.It's semid that is r.a.p.ing that lance quest o.they guy dey download like 2morrow no dey.lol
V.35 i just noticed one difference for now.my Ram has increased.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The Difference Between CC And BCC When Sending Out E-mails / Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei / In terms Of Data Plan, Which Network Is Your Best In 2015?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.