Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,589 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** (36609 Views)

Tutorial: How To Change Operator Logo ( Case Study: Nokia N95) / Hack Wifi On Nokia N95 / Nokia N95 8gb(fake)- Masterpiece Of Deception! **images resized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by Koolwilly(m): 7:58pm On Dec 26, 2009
@all what else do i need to do the offline update? Hv downloaded offline update file from rapidshare and i am stucked. I use nokia N72
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by honsule(m): 8:03pm On Dec 26, 2009
Koolwilly:

@all what else do i need to do the offline update? Hv downloaded offline update file from rapidshare and i am stucked. I use nokia N72

Nokia care suite,Nemesis and N72 offline firmware.U need this three softwares.so,hv u install them on ur pc?
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by alcofribas: 8:39pm On Dec 26, 2009
@honsule

Thks for yr answer, even if i'm not that happy with it,
In fact, i'm not that enthusiast to upgrade a given S/W if I can't go back in case of problem, but from what i've read so far, downgrading is close to a nightmare, and the best solution to brick the phone.
bad luck
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by maxjax(m): 8:54pm On Dec 26, 2009
yea, i hav also found that the RAM increased cheesy, there isn't no much diff though
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by initialize(m): 8:58pm On Dec 26, 2009
@honsule

I tried using my SE w910i as modem initially but the speed couldn't do the work, i observed that the NSU download the updates before installing them and i wasn't using a dial up due to the fact that i connected thru joikuspot which happens to be a wireless connection to the computer and not a modem, the thing sha do the work and my 5800XM is successfully upgraded to the latest FOC.

Thanks to maltina, FG and aieromon.
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by maxjax(m): 9:27pm On Dec 26, 2009
initialize:

@honsule

I tried using my SE w910i as modem initially but the speed couldn't do the work, i observed that the NSU download the updates before installing them and i wasn't using a dial up due to the fact that i connected thru joikuspot which happens to be a wireless connection to the computer and not a modem, the thing sha do the work and my 5800XM is successfully upgraded to the latest FOC.

Thanks to maltina, FG and aieromon.

which fone u lost? na thru the upgrade

Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by maxjax(m): 9:32pm On Dec 26, 2009
maxjax:

which fone u lost? na thru the upgrade

oh oh i see nw!!!! i just high grin grin grin grin tongue
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by BossTtdiamonds(m): 1:33am On Dec 29, 2009
I finally got my phone updates using nss . . *still my bluetooth refuse to work . . .*

Now I'm going to guide you on how to update ur phone and use it as the modem 4 updating at the same time, without uninstalling ur pc suite
1. Configure your phone to connect to the internet using one touch
2. Now take note of the modem . . e.g * if ur onetouvh says n73 usb modem#2*
3. After that initiate the connection . till it says connected . . . and disconnect afterwards *
4. Goto start menu - connect to . . and look 4 the modem connection you created in the 3rd step . . If you find it, proceed to the next step, if not try no 3 again*
5. After locating it, just right click on ur nokia pc suite in system tray and click exit,
6. just dail the specified modem above and that;s all . . ,

It worked 4 me without problems,

If you dont understasnd a thing I posted, dont even bother asking,
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by BossTtdiamonds(m): 1:36am On Dec 29, 2009
sorry, I meant nsu and not nss
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by initialize(m): 2:10am On Dec 29, 2009
@boss

you high too?
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by honsule(m): 3:59am On Dec 29, 2009
initialize:

@boss

you high too?

lol cheesy cheesy
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by BossTtdiamonds(m): 9:06am On Dec 29, 2009
initialize:

@boss

you high too?

Yeah, u know. ,
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by maxjax(m): 9:49am On Dec 29, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy na the season of highness we dey ooooo tongue
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by initialize(m): 5:11pm On Dec 29, 2009
na true o. i high pass ilé cocoa on christmas day as me and my friends help bros J celebrate him birthday well well.
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by 4peace(m): 6:24am On Dec 30, 2009
hmmm

Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by Orikenny(m): 9:28am On Dec 30, 2009
just updated ma nokia E66

Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by BossTtdiamonds(m): 12:20pm On Dec 30, 2009
, 4peace, Do u notice any changes in the new firmware, or what's the changelog

Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by N9528GB: 12:40pm On Dec 30, 2009
In a surprise but very welcome development, the N82 and both variants of the N95 have received a firmware update, taking them to v35. Specifically, the N95 (RM-159) is upto 35.0.02 & the N95 8GB (RM-320) is at 35.0.01 and the latest firmware for the N82 is now v35.0.002.

There is no changelog available yet and I am going through my drawers to look for my own N95 to update. Just a word of caution before you dive in yourself, just remember there is no user data preservation, so make sure you backup before you hit the NSU.

Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by BossTtdiamonds(m): 12:48pm On Dec 30, 2009
The n82 does have Udp, so, no problem,
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by 4peace(m): 5:40pm On Dec 30, 2009
NO CHANGE LOG
YOU CAN NOT REFURBISH BUT RESTORE TO DEFAULT
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by BossTtdiamonds(m): 7:19pm On Dec 30, 2009
The firmware luks odd to me,
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by honsule(m): 1:16pm On Jan 02, 2010
@4peace and Boss.this one na sufferness o.how come ur mtn is on Edge?
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by honsule(m): 1:22pm On Jan 02, 2010
my N95

Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by BossTtdiamonds(m): 9:47pm On Jan 02, 2010
honsule:

my N95
I didnt put it to 3g . . will upload the screenshot l8r . .
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by 4peace(m): 1:28pm On Jan 03, 2010
@honsule That is service available in the area where i took the screenshort
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by 4peace(m): 1:33pm On Jan 03, 2010
@honsule That is service available in the area where i took the screenshort
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by degee(m): 12:46am On Jan 04, 2010
Hmmm, ma ppl ds firmware upgrade iish no be small case oh. The latest firmware for ma 5320XM is about 238mb. Really wish I could jus' get a d'ld link.
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by aieromon(m): 12:50am On Jan 04, 2010
OTA Upgrade,boi.N500 will cover it.
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by Seyola9(m): 12:54am On Jan 04, 2010
plsss if there's any1 dat wants 2 sell a fairly used nokia n96 dats still in a good codition shuld let me know asap
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by BossTtdiamonds(m): 1:23am On Jan 04, 2010
I finally got the offline firmware and tried re-installin' my firmware, usin' my original product code, U guys wount believe the firmware refused to install, I guess doin' the offline thingy, aint my style,
Re: Tutorial: Offline Firmware Upgrade (case Study: N95) **Updated** by degee(m): 1:48am On Jan 04, 2010
Guys abeg make una pass me d'ld link for my 5320XM firmware. Dem don upgrade lyk 3times, me I still dey for original version.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The Difference Between CC And BCC When Sending Out E-mails / Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei / In terms Of Data Plan, Which Network Is Your Best In 2015?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.