Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (699541 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 8:32am On Jul 16, 2016
Napoleon55:

We talking 'bout Taiwo not Messi,nevertheless I rate Eto higher than George Wear. What do u think is the reason why some find it difficult to rate Messi ahead of Pele or even Maradona.
And how many Ballon d'or has taiwo won to start with

Eto rated higher than George Oppong Wear? shocked shocked shocked grin Kontinue! grin

Ballon_d'or is the African version of African player of the year.

So far, He has won CAF young player of the year. No bi belgium pro league Oooooo. Africa! Africa! grin

2, CAF team of the Year. 3 times

Taye Taiwo has received more CAF recognitions than Celestine Babayaro. Even when Celestine Babayaro was still active in international football in Newcastle United from 2004 - 2008, CAF did not look his way but gave it to Taye Taiwo.

Are 53 countries that voted for him blind?

Bye! grin

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 8:54am On Jul 16, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
Jordon Ibe has completed his £15m transfer from Liverpool to Bournemouth.

Ibe had a medical at the south coast club on Wednesday and will now fly out to Chicago to join up with their pre-season training camp in the United States, having signed a four-year contract.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11743/10501885/jordon-ibe-completes-16315m-transfer-from-liverpool-to-bournemouth

I guess, Hybe was not all the Hype after all. Only flexing muscle for Nigeria.

Wish the young man the best.

This lad story just dey pain me for heart. How can he be waiting for three Lions to give him a call ahead of those established English players?

Even if they cap him, I don't think they will make him part of the squad.

He should have agreed to play for Nigeria. Na wa for these English born players ooo.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:00am On Jul 16, 2016
irondome:

And if he excelled in Bournemouth this season?

One thing I have learned in life is not judge anyone by their current situation. Everyone would always experience some forms of speed bump in life.

I don't want Hybe i want Ibe.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adrainuche(m): 10:02am On Jul 16, 2016
You guys should stick to our u23 which one is hype is he part of the squad sia one has submitted his 18 man list ...... finally we know our faith...
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 10:06am On Jul 16, 2016
Icon4s:

Seems this one too has taken special likeness for you. wink

Those days when we dey primary school if a boy likes a girl e go first form quarrel with her then try to settle. All to win her attention. grin
their matter tire me for here. Abeg, unless pesin get Awoniyi number, make dem no dey quote me to yarn dust

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 10:27am On Jul 16, 2016
Icon4s:

That is one trade mark of the English press. They hype English groomed players alot.

If Iheanacho had been a son of the soil in England by now they would have likened him to another Maradona. grin

Me, I personally dnt rate English players that highly.They only have good development structure. The individual talent is hardly there.

Look at all them Delle Alli & Ross Barkly how dey flopped at d Euros.
See also how Nathan Oduwa of Tottenham Hotspurs performed below expectation at d U23 camp.

When Jodon "Aib" chosed to play for England i personally cared less. We have more talented home raised teenagers rising up d laders.

I join u in wishing him the best in life.

Bros, so you mean Naija blood is no longer running in their veins because they were born abroad?

How many home grown players do we have self that is half talented than Dele Alli, Ross Barkley, Sheyi Ojo and David Alaba?

Let us talk about English talented players self. We have not produced what they have produced until now. Hain!

We should be thinking about how to discover talents and not segregating or discriminating btw foreign breed and home breed. That is how we can think of reaching the British's level and not to talk of the Spanish national team.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 10:29am On Jul 16, 2016
Musa Muhammad has been stopped from the Olympics by the same club that does not even play him..
http://africanfootball.com/news/633620/Turkish-club-stop-Musa-Mohammed-from-Rio-Olympics

NFF is not doing enough. I think a first round exit is assured at this point. Getting to the second round will be a good tournament.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Napoleon55(m): 10:35am On Jul 16, 2016
Icon4s:

Brazil are in grp A and sebi we dey grp B. Henn... we must top our grp b dat o. Else na our Olympic party don come to an end b dat. Lets nt b deceived by dat friendly result especially with d crop of players that would b available for both us and Brazil.
They will play us with the Atlanta '96 at the back of their minds,I don't pray we meet them at all with this our wack team
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 10:41am On Jul 16, 2016
Ighalo is also out..

Siasia is going with Mikel and Akpeyi as over-aged..

Siasia should be calling replacements for these players.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 10:45am On Jul 16, 2016
tbaba1234:
Musa Muhammad has been stopped from the Olympics by the same club that does not even play him..
http://africanfootball.com/news/633620/Turkish-club-stop-Musa-Mohammed-from-Rio-Olympics

NFF is not doing enough. I think a first round exit is assured at this point. Getting to the second round will be a good tournament.

I think Siasia should not have released that 35 man lists because I noticed from that time, clubs began to withdraw their players.

He should have waited till this time to release the 18 mans list.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 10:48am On Jul 16, 2016
tbaba1234:
Ighalo is also out..

shocked shocked this is getting bad every day. Let em call Victor Moses sharp sharp.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Napoleon55(m): 12:53pm On Jul 16, 2016
forgiveness:

Eto rated higher than George Oppong Wear? shocked shocked shocked grin Kontinue! grin

Ballon_d'or is the African version of African player of the year.

So far, He has won CAF young player of the year. No bi belgium pro league Oooooo. Africa! Africa! grin

2, CAF team of the Year. 3 times

Taye Taiwo has received more CAF recognitions than Celestine Babayaro. Even when Celestine Babayaro was still active in international football in Newcastle United from 2004 - 2008, CAF did not look his way but gave it to Taye Taiwo.

Are 53 countries that voted for him blind?

Bye! grin

I rate Eto higher than George Wear,just my opinion. And Babayaro did make African footballer of the year top 10 during his playing days,I'm not quite sure of the year,but I'm very sure he was nominated for APOTY top 10 once or twice

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:59pm On Jul 16, 2016
tbaba1234:
Ighalo is also out..

He should. I say he calls someone like Martins. I doubt Martins will turn down a call up and Martins goal rate is better than the strikers we have on ground.

Martins experience and exposure will also bring good influence to Taiwo Awoniyi. Working close to someone like Martins will improve Awo's game.

Fanendo Adi will also be a good option.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:01pm On Jul 16, 2016
forgiveness:

shocked shocked this is getting bad every day. Let em call Victor Moses sharp sharp.

NFF suspended Victor Moses. So no way there.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:02pm On Jul 16, 2016
Napoleon55:

I rate Eto higher than George Wear,just my opinion. And Babayaro did make African footballer of the year top 10 during his playing days,I'm not quite sure of the year,but I'm very sure he was nominated for APOTY top 10 once or twice

On another thread, I made a list of the greatest footballers I watched play. Eto'o made my top 10 list. George Weah did not.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 1:08pm On Jul 16, 2016
Napoleon55:

No evidence, no justification. grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 1:13pm On Jul 16, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

NFF suspended Victor Moses. So no way there.

They should suspend that suspension and bring em back. grin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:52pm On Jul 16, 2016
forgiveness:

They should suspend that suspension and bring em back. grin

grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 4:44pm On Jul 16, 2016
We may have to depend on this guy for the goals in the Olympics given the poor form of Awoniyi and Ajayi.

'NIGERIA NEXT SUPER STRIKER' SADIQ UMAR SET FOR OLYMPIC TEAM DEBUT

Roma young striker Sadiq Umar, who has won the praises of coach Samson Siasia, is set to finally make his debut for the Nigeria Olympic team in Sunday’s friendly against local side Charlton Battery.

Sadiq could not debut in the earlier warm-up against Mexico after he was given compassionate leave to return to Nigeria following the death of his father.

The Kaduna-born striker, who scored two goals in six appearances for Serie A side Roma last season, is only receiving his first national team call-up after he passed under the radar of country’s selectors while he was starting out at Abuja Football College.

He has since rejoined Dream Team VI to the excitement of coach Siasia, who has dubbed him “Nigeria’s next super striker”.

“From what I have seen from this young man’s game, he is a star in the making. He will become a super striker if he is discipline and continue to be hard working. He is a good boy,” Siasia remarked.

Last month, the 19-year-old striker signed a four-year contract with Roma just as several clubs including Bayer Leverkusen are willing to take him on loan in the coming season.

Sunday’s friendly will kick off by 1am Nigerian time inside the Silverbacks Stadium in Atlanta.

http://africanfootball.com/news/633658/Nigeria-next-super-striker-Sadiq-Umar-set-for-Olympic-team-debut

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 4:46pm On Jul 16, 2016
I have not watched this guy play but he is progressing from the Norweigen league to the Dutch league. He is just 21 and could have been an olympics option

FRED HIGH AFTER HE'S PRESENTED ON FRIDAY BY AZ ALKMAAR

Nigerian striker Fred Friday was fittingly presented to the public by Dutch club AZ Alkmaar on a Friday with the Lillestrom striker thrilled by his switch from Norway to Holland.

He has signed a four-year contract and it is understood he cost the Dutch club more than a million Euros.

“The stadium, the training facilities, the city and the people at the club have made a great impression on Fred,” said his agent Atta Aneke.

“There is a good feeling about everything.”

He was also all laughter when he was interviewed about his surname Friday.

The 21-year-old striker was the leading scorer in the Norwegian league before his transfer with eight goals in 14 appearances.

He has been assigned jersey No 27 and he is the second striker signed by AZ following the departure of Vincent Janssen to Premier League outfit Tottenham Hotspur.

http://africanfootball.com/news/633607/Fred-high-after-he-s-presented-on-Friday-by-AZ-Alkmaar

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:53pm On Jul 16, 2016
Brendan Rogers, the tactical genius is the coach of Celtics and Celtics are leading Wolfsburg 2-1 after coming from a goal down.

I think Coach Guardiola should release Chidebere Nwakali to Brendan Rogers. Even if it is only a loan move, hence Brendan Rodgers wants him. Brendan Rodgers did a good job in the development of Allen into a top midfielder at Liverpool.

I believe Chidebere will benefit from a loan move to Celtics. He will have more playing time and work with a coach who shares a similar style with Guardiola.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:56pm On Jul 16, 2016
tbaba1234:
We may have to depend on this guy for the goals in the Olympics given the poor form of Awoniyi and Ajayi.

'NIGERIA NEXT SUPER STRIKER' SADIQ UMAR SET FOR OLYMPIC TEAM DEBUT

Roma young striker Sadiq Umar, who has won the praises of coach Samson Siasia, is set to finally make his debut for the Nigeria Olympic team in Sunday’s friendly against local side Charlton Battery.

Sadiq could not debut in the earlier warm-up against Mexico after he was given compassionate leave to return to Nigeria following the death of his father.

The Kaduna-born striker, who scored two goals in six appearances for Serie A side Roma last season, is only receiving his first national team call-up after he passed under the radar of country’s selectors while he was starting out at Abuja Football College.

He has since rejoined Dream Team VI to the excitement of coach Siasia, who has dubbed him “Nigeria’s next super striker”.

“From what I have seen from this young man’s game, he is a star in the making. He will become a super striker if he is discipline and continue to be hard working. He is a good boy,” Siasia remarked.

Last month, the 19-year-old striker signed a four-year contract with Roma just as several clubs including Bayer Leverkusen are willing to take him on loan in the coming season.

Sunday’s friendly will kick off by 1am Nigerian time inside the Silverbacks Stadium in Atlanta.

http://africanfootball.com/news/633658/Nigeria-next-super-striker-Sadiq-Umar-set-for-Olympic-team-debut

If Sadiq puts up brilliant performances during these games an training. Then, with Ighalo possibly out, I hope Coach Siasia puts faith in Sadiq Umar.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:04pm On Jul 16, 2016
With Boyata not in the team due to the Euros, I wonder why Ambrose did not get to start in such a game.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:07pm On Jul 16, 2016
McStay
Agreed but we still need to sign a proper defensive minded midfielder too.

From a Celtics fan. I think this is a good opportunity for C. Nwakali.

I hope Guardiola rethinks.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:08pm On Jul 16, 2016
Brendan Rogers also put a £6 million for Ndidi but Genk rejected it.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:11pm On Jul 16, 2016
Haitch
Some impressive performances.

Hopefully the difference between Rodgers and his predecessor will be that he learns from his mistakes. If he plays Ambrose or Bitton on Wednesday I'll be furious.

Bad review of Ambrose by another Celtics fan. I hope he improves under Rodgers.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:15pm On Jul 16, 2016
Seems Ambrose came in as a Sub. That is good. I will wait for a full match report.

Dogmeister
Ambrose been pretty solid

Scotty_Bhoy_7
As solid as my shampooe after a vindaloo
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:19pm On Jul 16, 2016
Algarvian
(Ambrose) Never put a foot wrong today.

Mixed reports but I will take the ones in support of Ambrose. We will judge if Ambrose makes the Starting line up on Wednesday.

If He does, he stands a good chance of starting regularly under Rodgers. Rodgers plays a three man defence a lot of times and Ambrose will have enough room to play.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by NLban: 3:19am On Jul 17, 2016
[/b]Dream Team VI vs Charlton Battery[/b]

Any updates?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:52am On Jul 17, 2016
NLban:
Dream Team VI vs Charlton Battery

Any updates?

Nigeria U23s Friendly Against Charleston Battery Postponed Due To Flooded Pitch

The friendly match between Nigeria’s U23 National Team and United Soccer League club Charleston Battery has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

The game was called off few hours to kickoff at the Silverbacks Park because the pitch was flooded.

Per a statement on their official Twitter account, Charleston Battery have revealed that the friendly game has been rescheduled for 1000 hours on Sunday ( which is 1500 hours in Nigeria).

Nigerian goalkeeper Adegboyega Oshoniyi and striker Patrick Olalere represented Charleston Battery before they retired.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19776

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 7:11am On Jul 17, 2016
forgiveness:

Bros, so you mean Naija blood is no longer running in their veins because they were born abroad?

How many home grown players do we have self that is half talented than Dele Alli, Ross Barkley, Sheyi Ojo and David Alaba?

Let us talk about English talented players self. We have not produced what they have produced until now. Hain!

We should be thinking about how to discover talents and not segregating or discriminating btw foreign breed and home breed. That is how we can think of reaching the British's level and not to talk of the Spanish national team.

Firstly, they are the ones that segregate themselves by saying things like "I feel English blood flowing through my veins", "i have a dream of playing for the three lions" bla-bla-bla. Ola Aina and Adarabioye jst recently pledged their allegiance to England and u expect us to keep hoping on such players? Or we should send Buhari and Saraki to go beg them?

U said no Nigerian player is half as talented as Dele Alli, Ross Barkley & the likes. Are u for real?

Well, Kelechi Iheanacho has the record of the highest ever goals ratio (goals/min) in the entire EPL history. Neither of Dele Alli, Ross Barkley nor Jodon Ibe comes close.

Did you see a player named Alexander Iwobi play for Arsenal last season? A player that sent Theo Walcott and Oxlade Chamberlain permanently to d bench. Dele Alli, Sheyi Ojo, Jodon Ibe and Ross Barkley are nt even Arsenal materials.

In terms of goals scoring did any of Alli,Ojo, Barkley or Ibe come near Odion Ighalo?

You also forget that Victor Moses is a Nigerian

Come 2016/2017 season u will see the likes of Isaac (the beast) Success, Ahmed Musa and Kelechi Nwakali join the Super list of the Super Nigerian talents in the EPL.

Then this David Alaba u are always mentioning are u saying we have never produced a better player than him. The guy is now an Austrian. Forget him and lets focus on the ones we still have the opportunity of switching their natiomality.

In as much as I am happy some of them have pledged allegiance to Nigeria I will nt wail if any of them snubs Nigeria. Simple.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by enomakos(m): 11:54am On Jul 17, 2016
Icon4s:

Firstly, they are the ones that segregate themselves by saying things like "I feel English blood flowing through my veins", "i have a dream of playing for the three lions" bla-bla-bla. Ola Aina and Adarabioye jst recently pledged their allegiance to England and u expect us to keep hoping on such players? Or we should send Buhari and Saraki to go beg them?

U said no Nigerian player is half as talented as Dele Alli, Ross Barkley & the likes. Are u for real?

Well, Kelechi Iheanacho has the record of the highest ever goals ratio (goals/min) in the entire EPL history. Neither of Dele Alli, Ross Barkley nor Jodon Ibe comes close.

Did you see a player named Alexander Iwobi play for Arsenal last season? A player that sent Theo Walcott and Oxlade Chamberlain permanently to d bench. Dele Alli, Sheyi Ojo, Jodon Ibe and Ross Barkley are nt even Arsenal materials.

In terms of goals scoring did any of Alli,Ojo, Barkley or Ibe come near Odion Ighalo?

You also forget that Victor Moses is a Nigerian

Come 2016/2017 season u will see the likes of Isaac (the beast) Success, Ahmed Musa and Kelechi Nwakali join the Super list of the Super Nigerian talents in the EPL.

Then this David Alaba u are always mentioning are u saying we have never produced a better player than him. The guy is now an Austrian. Forget him and lets focus on the ones we still have the opportunity of switching their natiomality.

In as much as I am happy some of them have pledged allegiance to Nigeria I will nt wail if any of them snubs Nigeria. Simple.
one million likes for this comment

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.