Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (696456 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 05, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Wow. Training with the Argentine National team is huge. Man City are working hard with Nacho. I hope they make a Messi out of him.
fine. It seems they want him to become the new Yaya Toure
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:23pm On Dec 05, 2014
blueto:
fine. It seems they want him to become the new Yaya Toure
Yaya Toure plays as a midfielder. Nacho is trained to attack like Aguero.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 05, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Yaya Toure plays as a midfielder. Nacho is trained to attack like Aguero.
I know, but its like you did not get what I meant. I mean they want him the main man of man city. Just like how toure is very very vital to man city right now
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:41pm On Dec 05, 2014
blueto:
I know, but its like you did not get what I meant. I mean they want him the main man of man city. Just like how toure is very very vital to man city right now
I get you. The staffs of Man City are putting much work into him. I pray the efforts pays.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 11:04pm On Dec 05, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
I get you. The staffs of Man City are putting much work into him. I pray the efforts pays.
Amen!!!

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by zoboizee: 5:14pm On Dec 06, 2014
I hereby advise Samson Siasia to leave the following players out of his invitation of foreign based players for coach Manu Garba so as not to create a conflict of interest between them. This is because they are already with the u20 team. Iheanacho, awoniyi, success, yahaya, and musa mohammed. Unearth your own talents. Give us more!

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:05am On Dec 08, 2014

[size=14pt]Abdul Ajagun Named In Panathinaikos Squad After One Month On The Sidelines[/size]

Panathinaikos midfielder Abdul Ajagun has been named in the squad for the upcoming Super League clash against Asteras Tripolis.

This is the first time in the past four weeks that the former Flying Eagles midfielder has been summoned for a match after he picked up an injury in the Greens win over PAOK in November.

Having exercised normally on Saturday, manager Anastasiou has selected him for the game on Sunday against the fourth placed team in the Super League.

Before injury limited Abdul Ajagun’s appearances, he had scored three times in the topflight.

In his absence, Panathinaikos won two out of the three matches they played, with the only blip being the 2 - 1 loss to Dinamo Moscow in the Europa League.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:06am On Dec 08, 2014
[b]
[size=14pt]Lokomotiv Plovdiv Release Oladele Oshobe For Under 23 Screening Exercise[/size]

Lokomotiv Plovdiv midfielder Oladele Oshobe has received approval from his Bulgarian club to participate in the Under 23 screening exercise.

A product of famous nursery team 36 Lion Lagos, Oshobe trained with the Golden Eaglets back in 2009 during Henry Nwosu’s tenure as head coach.

And he has said that he was delighted to answer the national team’s call once again after five years in the international wilderness.

“I checked my email today and I saw the invitation. I have already spoken to the management of Lokomotiv Plodiv and the coaches, and they all wished me good luck immediately after the game this evening,” Oladele Oshobe told allnigeriasoccer.com.

“By God’s grace, I will be in camp on Monday because I just finished a league match with my team .

“I don’t expect the exercise to be an easy one but I am ready for it, and with God it will be easy for me because I have been waiting for this opportunity to represent my country.”

The 21 - year - old previously starred for Partizani Tirana before he joined Lokomotiv Plovdiv this summer.[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:11am On Dec 08, 2014

[size=14pt]FC Midtjylland Starlet Musefiu Ashiru Expected To Join Under 23 Camp By Next Weekend[/size]

FC Midtjylland midfielder Musefiu Ashiru will not be arriving the Dream Team training camp this Saturday due to club commitments.

The FC Ebedei product is one of the 16 midfielders named in the squad that will be hoping to impress coach Samson Siasia.

“Yes I am aware of the invitation to the Under 23 team. But right now, our league is still on. Our last game before the winter break is on Sunday.

“I will be coming to Nigeria next week, before the 15th of December I will be in camp.

“I am so glad I am one of the invited players. I always want to play for my country and I am looking forward to it, ” Musefiu Ashiru said to allnigeriasoccer.com.

The 20 - year - old has been included in FC Midtjylland’s 18 - man squad 6 times this season.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:13am On Dec 08, 2014
[b]
[size=14pt]Samuel Ayinoko Pleased With Under 23 Call - Up[/size]

Sweden - based midfielder Samuel Monday Ayinoko has expressed his happiness following his invitation to the Under 23 National Team.

Unlike last year that a last - minute groin injury ruled him out of the Flying Eagles training camp in Germany, the Kwara Football Academy product is as fit as a fiddle and is eager to show off his skills to coach Samson Siasia.

“I just found out this morning that I was called up, I am so happy, so grateful and overwhelmed with joy.

“I have not been in contact with Samson Siasia but I think he knows me all these years after the Mourinho incident,” said Ayinoko to allnigeriasoccer.com.

He added : “I have learnt a lot over these years and it’s time to bring all to reality I have waited and longed for this opportunity. :I know God will see me through it all. He is my all in all...”

Samuel Ayinoko, who is now a free agent but played for ängelholms last term, has confirmed that he will arrive camp on Saturday.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:15am On Dec 08, 2014
[b][size=14pt]TSG Member Darlington Omodiagbe To Open Talks With Hoffenheim Whizkid Kevin Akpoguma Over Under 23 Call - Up[/size]

SV Wacker Burghausen youth team coach Darlington Omodiagbe, who is a member of the Technical Study Group of the Nigeria Football Federation, says he will open discussions with TSG Hoffenheim defender Kevin Akpoguma, with uncertainty over his international future.

Dream Team Coach Samson Siasia is confident that the highly - rated Akpoguma will pledge allegiance to Nigeria, and has invited him for a training camp, despite having caps for all the youth teams of Germany from Under 16 - 20 level.

“We are working together so we can form a formidable team. I will talk to Akpoguma today and see if I can do something there, so he commits his future to Nigeria.

“No, I don’t know his parents . He is currently playing for Germany’s Under 20 team,” Darlington Omodiagbe told allnigeriasoccer.com.

Bayern Munich whizkid Chima Okoroji and SBV Wehen midfielder Kevin Effiong Bassey are the other members of the Germany - based contingent expected to attend the training camp.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:16am On Dec 08, 2014
[b]
[size=14pt]Siasia chases Arsenal boy for Olympic team[/size]

Samson Siasia is hot on the heels of young Arsenal defender, Oluwasemilogo Ajayi.

The Olympic Team coach wants the Nigeria Football Federation to secure the release of the youngster for Nigeria’s Under 23 training camp, according to his agent.

Summoned

Siasia has always maintained that the 21-year-old was in his plans, and he has now summoned him, along with 46 other players for a screening exercise.

However, club commitments might prevent Ajayi from embarking on the 2,960-mile journey from London to Abuja this month.

Invitation

- We are aware of his invitation but I don’t think Arsenal will release him. I am not sure they will, we will have to wait, Ajayi’s agent told SL10.ng.

Only last year, Semi Ajayi was hoping to make the Flying Eagles squad, having trained with the team in Germany, but John Obuh surprisingly declared him surplus to requirements when he named his final roster.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:20am On Dec 08, 2014
[b]
[size=14pt]Tottenham Hotspur Stop Yahaya From Attending Under 23 Camp[/size]

Tottenham Hotspur have refused to authorize Musa Yahaya attend the Under 23 National Team training camp, arguing that they are yet to receive an official invitation from the Nigeria Football Federation.

And as a result, the attacking midfielder will continue practicing with the White Hart Lane outfit until February 2015 when he is expected to link up with the Flying Eagles, ahead of the African Youth Championship.

''The Nigeria Football Federation have to send an invitation letter to Tottenham Hotspur before they will agree to release him,'' a source close to the Mutunchi Academy product told SL10.ng.

''NFF have to write to the club. Musa is not coming because Tottenham Hotspur are unaware of the screening exercise.

''Remember that he does not own himself, he has an agreement with Spurs, and will remain with them till February.''

Coach Samson Siasia is aware that a majority of the 47 invited players will not honour the call - up except they get green light from their respective clubs, mostly based in Europe.

''The Nigeria Football Federation are going to send the invitation letters, without that the club won't release them.

''We have done everything, by Monday they will start sending the letters to the clubs,'' Samson Siasia said to SL10.ng.

Meanwhile, representatives of Taiwo Awoniyi are still undecided on whether to allow the striker attend the screening exercise because they believe he's an integral part of the Flying Eagles.[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 5:18pm On Dec 08, 2014
[b][size=14pt]Foreign Based U23s Refuse To Train[/size]

A number of invited foreign-based professionals have not resumed training with the Under 23 National Team because the Nigeria Football Federation failed to make adequate arrangements for their accommodation.

Apart from paying their flight tickets in full, the players have had to pay hotel bills out of their own pockets since the start of the screening exercise on Saturday.

One of the invited players who pleaded for anonymity in order not to be victimized told SL10.ng : ''I have been in Abuja since Saturday, but the hotel wasn't ready for us, the foreign based players, so they asked me to wait.

''The coordinator told me they will call me when the hotel is fixed. I am just hanging around, I was at the Goal Project ground this morning.

''They said they will get back to me on or before 1 pm. I saw a lot of players, I guess home based, training this morning.''

However, coach Samson Siasia and the coordinator of the team have denied that they are facing challenges regarding accommodation, with both claiming they are yet to set their sights on any of the invited foreign professionals.

''They should come to camp, none of them came for training this morning. We have not seen any foreign based player.

''There is an arrangement for them, they should come to the hotel,'' said Samson Siasia.

In their bid to select a squad, Samson Siasia and his backroom staff have been running the rule over players based in the domestic championship, ahead of the All African Games qualifying fixture against Gabon in February 2015.[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:44pm On Dec 08, 2014
joseph1013:
[b]
[size=14pt]Tottenham Hotspur Stop Yahaya From Attending Under 23 Camp[/size]

Tottenham Hotspur have refused to authorize Musa Yahaya attend the Under 23 National Team training camp, arguing that they are yet to receive an official invitation from the Nigeria Football Federation.

And as a result, the attacking midfielder will continue practicing with the White Hart Lane outfit until February 2015 when he is expected to link up with the Flying Eagles, ahead of the African Youth Championship.

''The Nigeria Football Federation have to send an invitation letter to Tottenham Hotspur before they will agree to release him,'' a source close to the Mutunchi Academy product told SL10.ng.

''NFF have to write to the club. Musa is not coming because Tottenham Hotspur are unaware of the screening exercise.

''Remember that he does not own himself, he has an agreement with Spurs, and will remain with them till February.''

Coach Samson Siasia is aware that a majority of the 47 invited players will not honour the call - up except they get green light from their respective clubs, mostly based in Europe.

''The Nigeria Football Federation are going to send the invitation letters, without that the club won't release them.

''We have done everything, by Monday they will start sending the letters to the clubs,'' Samson Siasia said to SL10.ng.

Meanwhile, representatives of Taiwo Awoniyi are still undecided on whether to allow the striker attend the screening exercise because they believe he's an integral part of the Flying Eagles.[/b]
These foreign based boys are an important part of that team. The screening exercise will not be complete without them.

Adequate arrangements should have been made for them. Also, players like Iheanacho who is meant to be a back up for Aguero would be difficult to get out of Man City without accurate documentation and rapport. Remember, Coach Manu Garba had to go on with his preparations without Nacho. The club and the coach are in good communication. So Yahaya who is supposed to sign a professional contract in January should be difficult to release.

The accommodation should be arranged and the letters sent.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:28pm On Dec 09, 2014
[b]
[size=14pt]Akpom And Iwobi On Arsenal Bench For Galatasaray[/size]

The Anglo Nigerian duo of Chuba Akpom and Alex Iwobi have been named as substitutes for Arsenal in their Champions League clash against Galatasaray in Turkey.

While Akpom has been involved in Arsenal's Champions League squad in the past, he is yet to make an appearance, while for Iwobi it's the first time he has been named in a UCL match-day squad.

The nephew to former Super Eagles captain Austin Okocha signed professional terms with Arsenal this year, and captains the youth team in the UEFA Youth Champions league.

Both players are England youth internationals but Iwobi have been called up to the Nigeria Under-23 camp, while reports have it that Nigeria will approach Akpom to switch allegiance in December.

Akpom has had two separate loan spells away from Arsenal but this season the club turned down requests from other teams interested in his services.

Though he trains regularly with the first team he has found game time hard to come by ,but he has been impressive for the Under-21’s, scoring a hat-trick against Brighton and Hove Albion last week.

His current contract with Arsenal will expire at the end of this season and talks are yet to begin on a new deal fuelling speculations he might leave the Gunners, with Manchester City rumoured to be interested in his services.

The other Nigerian on Arsenal books on the cusp of a breakthrough to the senior team, Semi Ajayi, was not listed for the game, as he is ineligible to feature for Arsenal after not been included in their A list.

Players who are outside the A list submitted to UEFA can only play after two years with the team’s Academy if they are below the age of 20.

Semi Ajayi joined Arsenal at the start of last season, after a short trial and just like Akpom, his current deal is set to run out at the end of this season.

Manager Arsene Wenger whose team are already through to the round of 16, need to win and hope Dortmund lose to Anderlecht, for them to finish top the group.

However the manager appears to be taking the game lightly, as he listed fringe players and completely omitted some regulars from the team that will line up against the group's bottom team.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:29pm On Dec 09, 2014
[size=14pt]Nigeria U23s for test game in Bauchi[/size]

Nigeria Olympic team are expected to depart Abuja for Bauchi on Thursday for a test game against newly-promoted Wikki Tourists.

Wikki are back in the top flight after a season in the lower league.

Coach Samson Siasia has been assembling a new Nigeria U23 team ahead of qualifying tournaments for both the All Africa Games and the Rio Olympics in Brazil in 2016.

The Dream Team VI will battle Gabon at the end of February in an All Africa Games qualifier.

Several foreign-based stars have already joined the team’s training camp in Abuja in the second phase of the buildup programme.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:34pm On Dec 09, 2014
[b]
[size=14pt]Siasia Struggles To Assemble Overseas-Based Players[/size]

[img]http://www.nigerianhomepage.biz/thumbnail.php?file=U_23_Olympics_china_436245320.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]

The national U23 football team, the Dream Team seems to be struggling to attract the 47 invited overseas based players for screening ahead of qualifiers for the 2015 All Africa Games, as sl10.ng can report that only two of the invited players have showed up to the team’s camp as of the morning of Tuesday, December 09, 2014.

Former Flying Eagles striker Aminu Umar who plays for Samsunspor in Turkey and Samuel Ayinoko of Angelholms of Sweden are the only two invited overseas based players that have reported to the team’s camp, even though team officials have told sl10.ng that they expect at least three more players between Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning.

“Two of them are already camp and one called that he will arrive this evening (Tuesday) and we have two more coming in tomorrow (Wednesday),” Timi Ebikagboro, the team’s media officer confirmed.

Ebikagboro however refused to disclose the names of the players that are expected between Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning, but admitted that the players are only trickling in.

“It is when they come that we can tell you, if they don’t come we can’t tell you names of those we are expecting, but they are coming in in trickles, they are coming in,” he added.

It should however, be no surprise that the invited players have not arrived en-mass, since most of the leagues in Europe are still on, and most of the players are integral members of their club’s first teams.
[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:35pm On Dec 09, 2014
[b]
[size=14pt]Granada Rule Out Success For U23s[/size]

Sporting Director of Granada, Juan Carlos Cordero , has informed SL10.ng that the club will restrict Isaac Success from attending a training camp organized by the Nigeria Football Federation for their Under 23 squad.

And to make matters worse, the Granada chief has dropped a big hint that the attacker will not feature in the African Youth Championship, which begins in three months time.

''Isaac Success will remain with Granada until the holidays. Yes, he will not travel to Nigeria,'' Juan Carlos Cordero told SL10.ng.

''He will not be allowed to attend the African Youth Championship since it's outside the Fifa calender.''

That said, Isaac Success' Nigerian representative, Dominic Egbukwu, has claimed that his client will be available for the screening exercise so long as the NFF send a letter of invitation to the Andalusian outfit.

''Granada have not received any letter of invitation from the Nigeria Football Federation.

''Success will leave Spain for Nigeria on the 21st of December for the Christmas break.

''And he has only six days to spend in Nigeria before returning to Spain,'' said Egbukwu.

Isaac Success became the first Granada substitute to find the back of the net this season in La Liga after scoring in the 89th minute against Valencia on Sunday.[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:41pm On Dec 09, 2014
[b][size=14pt]Udegbe: Okoroji Should Choose Nigeria[/size]

German-Nigerian goalkeeper Robin Udegbe has urged Bayern Munich left-back Chima Okoroji to choose Nigeria in favour of England.

Dream Team coach, Samson Siasia, is trying to persuade Chima Okoroji to commit his future to Nigeria, and has offered the youngster a carrot after he was invited for the Under-23 national team screening exercise.

“I think Chima Okoroji will have a great future with Nigeria because he has the chance to learn from the best coaches and players,” Udegbe said to SL10.ng.

“It is also a big chance for him to associate with older Nigerian players. Furthermore, it is very difficult to decide which country he should play for.

“It is his own decision, but I would be very happy to see him as a Super Eagle in the future. If I am to decide for him, I would advise him to choose Nigeria.”

The 17-year-old Chima Okoroji has shown great potential in the UEFA Youth League this season.

He has appeared three times for the German champions in the competition, and this is supplemented by the nine games under his belt in the Under-19 Bundesliga.

According to the official website of UEFA, the wing-back is also in the possession of a Gabonese passport.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:44pm On Dec 09, 2014
[b][size=14pt]Foreign Based U23s Refuse To Train[/size]

A number of invited foreign-based professionals have not resumed training with the Under 23 National Team because the Nigeria Football Federation failed to make adequate arrangements for their accommodation.

Apart from paying their flight tickets in full, the players have had to pay hotel bills out of their own pockets since the start of the screening exercise on Saturday.

One of the invited players who pleaded for anonymity in order not to be victimized told SL10.ng : ''I have been in Abuja since Saturday, but the hotel wasn't ready for us, the foreign based players, so they asked me to wait.

''The coordinator told me they will call me when the hotel is fixed. I am just hanging around, I was at the Goal Project ground this morning.

''They said they will get back to me on or before 1 pm. I saw a lot of players, I guess home based, training this morning.''

However, coach Samson Siasia and the coordinator of the team have denied that they are facing challenges regarding accommodation, with both claiming they are yet to set their sights on any of the invited foreign professionals.

''They should come to camp, none of them came for training this morning. We have not seen any foreign based player.

''There is an arrangement for them, they should come to the hotel,'' said Samson Siasia.

In their bid to select a squad, Samson Siasia and his backroom staff have been running the rule over players based in the domestic championship, ahead of the All African Games qualifying fixture against Gabon in February 2015.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:29pm On Dec 10, 2014

[size=14pt]Lillestrom Striker Freddy Friday To Arrive Abuja On Thursday[/size]

Allnigeriasoccer.com has been informed by a representative of Olympic National Team invitee, Freddy Friday, that the Lillestrom striker will arrive Abuja on Thursday to begin training with the Under 23 team.

The 19 - year - old is amongst the 47 players that coach Samson Siasia is expected to observe at close quarters in the next few weeks.

“I am in touch with Fred, and he has told me he will be in camp on Thursday. We have made all necessary arrangements to that effect.

“He is excited about joining the team, and we are confident he will make the final squad after the screening exercise,” Udia Attai told allnigeriasoccer.com.

Freddy Friday made 16 appearances for LSK this past season, and the highlight of his performance was his brace against Bodo/Glimt in the 29th round.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:33pm On Dec 10, 2014
[b]
[size=14pt]Isaac Success Thanks Granada Coach[/size]

Nigeria youth international Isaac Success has thanked Granada coach, Joaquin Caparros , for the confidence reposed in him.

Despite failing to hit target in his first 11 matches for the Andalusian outfit, the manager continued to name the striker in his 18 - man squad.

And Success finally ended his goal drought last weekend against Valencia, saving Granada from defeat with an 89th minute equalizer.

“I’m very happy to have scored and I thank Caparros for having been involved in the team.

“I’m looking forward to the next game,” Isaac Success told reporters.

There was a hint of offside leading up to his goal, and the Nigerian youngster was delighted that the referee did not cancel it just as the goal of El Arabi.

“When I scored I looked at the linesman, but I saw that he had not raised anything and eventually you lose or win, this is football,” the Udinese loanee added.

Granada, who are without a win in 10 matches, resumed training on Tuesday ahead of their game on Sunday against Espanyol.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:37pm On Dec 10, 2014
[b][size=14pt]Nigeria U23 call-up excites Onduku[/size]

CSMS Iași of Romania forward Gomo Onduku has said he is thrilled to be called up by the Nigeria U23 team ahead of a 2015 All Africa Games qualifier against Gabon.

The 21-year-old winger is among three newly invited players by coach Samson Siasia.

"I have received an invitation letter to be part of the national U23 team currently in camp in Abuja. I am so happy for the invite,” he said.

“I have been in the national team setting before and I am glad to be back again. I give thanks to coach Samson Siasia for this opportunity and I am going there to justify this invitation and put in my best."

The other players invited alongside the ex-Concordia Chiajna forward are Norway-based striker Leke James and David Ifeanyi Nworah.

James was the third best African Striker in Norwegian top-flight league in the 2014 season with 10 goals in 23 games last season behind Cote d'Ivoire Frank Boli (13 goals) and Nigerian striker Daniel Chima (11 goals).

Nworah from Moroccan club Olympic Club de Safi has featured for the Golden Eaglets in 2011.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:40pm On Dec 10, 2014
[b][size=14pt]Bribery won't get you a place in my team - Siasia[/size]

Nigeria U23 team coach Samson Siasia has warned players who intend to play for the team not to give money to anybody in a bid to secure a place in the team.

Siasia gave this warning while addressing players after the team's training session this morning at the FIFA Goal Project.

"Do not give money to either my assistants or any agent with the hope of making this team. If I find out, the player(s) will be dismissed from camp. I did not mandate anybody to collect money on my behalf,” he said.

“Anyone who falls prey to such cheats will be sent out of camp forthwith. Money cannot buy you a place in my team. Instead, your talent and discipline will take you to the top of your career.

“As long as you hold the passport of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, you are eligible to play for this country. I was spotted and selected through this type of process. I'll also like to give young ones like you the chance to play for our country. It is your country, too.''

The U-23 gaffer disclosed that he has been fair to all who have taken time to try out their luck with the team, adding that Nigeria is blessed with so much talent.

''I'm overwhelmed with the turnout of players who are here for the screening exercise'', he confessed.

‎Turning to the invited foreign-based players, Siasia said that there would be no sacred players as only their fitness and form will determine their stay in camp.

''You can only secure a place in the team with dedication, hard work and discipline. Nobody is superior to another player in this camp,'' he said.

He applauded all the players and advised those who could not make the team to try harder as not all players who turned up would be selected.

So far, Umar Aminu from Turkey and Sweden-based Samuel Ayinoko of Angelholms FC have been the early birds to arrive the Dream Team VI camp for their screening exercise.

This weekend the Dream Team VI are expected to travel to Bauchi to play series of friendly games to put them in shape for the battles ahead. [/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:43pm On Dec 10, 2014
[b][size=14pt]'Ronaldo' Gives His Word He Will Join Under 23 Squad[/size]

AS Trencin duo, Moses Simon and Kingsley Madu, are honoured to be invited to practice with the Olympic National Team by coach Samson Siasia, and will join the squad any moment from now.

Between them, the teenagers have racked up 23 appearances in the Slovakian Super Liga so far this season.

But it is ex-Ajax Amsterdam trialist Moses Simon, dubbed the Nigerian Ronaldo, that has caught the eyes of many, with several clubs in England and Holland believed to be monitoring his progress.

The good news for Samson Siasia is that the Slovakian League is on break for the next two months, meaning he will have a chance to run the rule over both players in the coming days.

''I am not sure when they will be joining, both of them are in Nigeria. They just returned to the country because of the winter break,'' a source close to the Nigeria youth internationals told SL10.ng.

''They are happy to be recognized by Samson Siasia, and will be joining the camp very soon.''

Primarily a winger, Moses Simon made the squad list for the 2013 FIFA Under 20 World Cup, but he did not make a single appearance for the Flying Eagles before they exited the tournament.

On the other hand, Kinglsey Madu was included in the starting lineup four times.[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:45pm On Dec 10, 2014
[b][size=14pt]Lawal Backs Siasia To Do Well[/size]

Former Dream Team star, Garba Lawal has backed current Dream Team coach Samson Siasia as he continues with his screening exercise ahead of February’s 2015 All Africa Games qualifiers against Gabon.

The Dream Team 6, as the current crop will be known, have been screening for players in Abuja over the last two weeks in a bid to build a team that will qualify and represent Nigeria at the All Africa Games in 2015 and the Olympic Games in 2016. And Garba, a member of the victorious Dream Team 1, also believes Siasia must be given a chance to get his team.

“He’s the coach and he knows what he wants but I believe that we must give him a chance to build a team because we don’t know what he will get in the near future.

“If he has chosen to do open screening, then he must know what he wants and I’m sure all Nigerians want is to see us have a good team and for that to happen we must give him a chance to do that,” he told SL10.ng.

Meanwhile, Siasia has struggled to get a hold of most of the 47 invited overseas based players, as majority of the players in camp are home based.[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:47pm On Dec 10, 2014
[b][size=14pt]Germany Under 20 Star Rejects Nigeria[/size]

Hoffenheim defender, Kevin Akpoguma, will reject an invitation to play for Nigeria's youth teams as he is an integral member of Germany's Under 20 squad.

Akpoguma, whose mother is German, has been given a chance to display his wares to coach Samson Siasia at the Under 23 national team screening exercise.

The Nigeria Football Federation are doing the groundwork to convince the defender to turn out for Nigeria instead of Germany, and Germany - based Darlington Omodiagbe, a member of the Technical Study Group, has been pressurizing the player.

The retired Nigeria Under 23 international, now a youth team coach at SV Wacker Burghausen, did not bring good news in that regard when he contacted SL10.ng on Tuesday afternoon.

''I have talked to Kevin Akpoguma, we still have work to do to convince him to play for Nigeria,'' Darlington Omodiagbe said to SL10.ng.

''It is not going to be easy, he plays for Germany's Under 20 team. I'll suggest that we offer him something bigger.

''Everything is possible but it won't be easy. His father is from Delta State but grew up in Benin City.''

Though Omodiagbe refused to go straight to the point, it is believed that Kevin Akpoguma will only consider an invitation to play for Nigeria's main squad, the Super Eagles.

The ex Karlsruher SC and FC Bavaria Wörth youth-teamer has clocked up over 40 appearances for Germany's youth teams since his debut in 2011.[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:13pm On Dec 10, 2014
joseph1013:
[b][size=14pt]Germany Under 20 Star Rejects Nigeria[/size]

Hoffenheim defender, Kevin Akpoguma, will reject an invitation to play for Nigeria's youth teams as he is an integral member of Germany's Under 20 squad.

Akpoguma, whose mother is German, has been given a chance to display his wares to coach Samson Siasia at the Under 23 national team screening exercise.

The Nigeria Football Federation are doing the groundwork to convince the defender to turn out for Nigeria instead of Germany, and Germany - based Darlington Omodiagbe, a member of the Technical Study Group, has been pressurizing the player.

The retired Nigeria Under 23 international, now a youth team coach at SV Wacker Burghausen, did not bring good news in that regard when he contacted SL10.ng on Tuesday afternoon.

''I have talked to Kevin Akpoguma, we still have work to do to convince him to play for Nigeria,'' Darlington Omodiagbe said to SL10.ng.

''It is not going to be easy, he plays for Germany's Under 20 team. I'll suggest that we offer him something bigger.

''Everything is possible but it won't be easy. His father is from Delta State but grew up in Benin City.''

Though Omodiagbe refused to go straight to the point, it is believed that Kevin Akpoguma will only consider an invitation to play for Nigeria's main squad, the Super Eagles.

The ex Karlsruher SC and FC Bavaria Wörth youth-teamer has clocked up over 40 appearances for Germany's youth teams since his debut in 2011.[/b]
He might want a guaranteed place in the squad, hence he had his sport secured in the German U20 side. He can not throw that away for trials and hope to get a place.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:21am On Dec 11, 2014
How Nigerian football has deteriorated!
We dont even have 20-21 yrs olds playing top flight football in top leagues.
Most of these invitees are from Lower English, Scandinavian and eastern european teams. Even d ones in top leagues are still playing for the feeder teams or are yet to break in fully into d 'A' teams.

Compare with the Gold winning 96 team when:
Kanu was in Ajax (UEFA champions league winners)
Amuneke was in Barcelona
Oliseh was in Juventus
Amokachi was in Everton
Okocha was in Frankfurt
Babangida jst moved to Ajax
Others like Oruma, Ojigwe, Oparaku, Babayaro, were already regulars in their respective clubs.

All those Akpom, Semi Ajayi, Iwobi, Iheanacho, Yahaya, Success, Awoniyi are nt experienced enough for the U23. They are U20 materials.

If we dont have 19,20, 21yrs olds (dat will form d U23 in 2 yrs time) dat play top flight football in Europe then we should fall back on our local players.

Besides i am hoping to c d likes of
Abdul Ajagun
Olanrewaju Kayode
Michael Olaitan
Christian Pyagbara
Abdulahi Shehu in d team. Thèse are some of John Obu's last U20 who should b fully matured for d next U23.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 6:31am On Dec 11, 2014
What about Sammy ameobi, the guy that plays for newscastle??. Why has he not been called up by coach samson siasia?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.