Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (697971 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:16pm On Aug 23, 2015
safarigirl:
These kain clubs sef. Which one be Oostende again? I fear for these boys

That club is sure better than the best club in the NPFL. Besides, playing regular club football in a relatively small club in Belgium is better for his career at this stage than sitting on a bench in a club in the English top league.

He & his likes are still work in progress so we need them to play in clubs that will give them playing time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 8:33pm On Aug 23, 2015
safarigirl:
These kain clubs sef. Which one be Oostende again? I fear for these boys

KV Oostende FC, Belgium
[size=14pt]
KV Oostende FC,
[/size]
Founded1904 / 1911 / 1981
Address: Leopold van Tyghemlaan 62, Mariakerke
Oostende
Phone+32 (59) 703 610Fax+32 (59) 514 698
E-mail info@kvo.be
[img]http://ng.soccerway.com/teams/belgium/kv-oostende/227/venue/[/img]
Name: Albert park stadion City: Oostende
Capacity: 8125

.......read more
ng.soccerway.com/teams/belgium/kv-oostende/227/

Do you know that other Clubs such as Anderlecht, Club Brugge were interested in Godwin Saviour , but he decided to choose KV Oostende FC probably because playing time might be easier there than in the other two Clubs?

[b][size=14pt]
2015 CAF U23 Championship Qualifiers Nigeria U23
Saviour shuns Anderlecht, Club Brugge for KV Oostende
[/size]
Flying Eagles and U23 star Godwin Saviour has opted for Belgian top-flight club KV Oostende ahead of Anderlecht and Club Brugge.
Saviour’s transfer is now pending a routine medical early next month.
The Belgian club announced Friday the highly-rated forward from FC Sports of Jos has agreed a three-year contract with a year’s option beginning with an initial year-long loan deal.
The player's agent further confirmed to AfricanFootball.com they are getting set to fly out to Belgium for a medical soon.
Oostende already have another Nigeria striker, Joseph Akpala, on their books.
Anderlecht, Club Brugge, Genk as well as Gent were among the clubs who tabled offers for the exciting youngster.
Saviour was considered ahead of Gent star Moses Simon at the recent FIFA U20 World Cup in New Zealand, where he scored twice and provided an assist.
He has also been capped by Nigeria at U17 level and he is currently with the country’s U23 team for a CAF Championship qualifier in Congo.
Last season, Oostende finished 10thin the 16-team Jupiler League.
They got off to a flying start in the new season when they won 3-1 at KV Mechelen and welcome Westerlo in their second game of the campaign on Saturday.
[/b]

africanfootball.com/news/555879/Saviour-shuns-Anderlecht-Club-Brugge-for-KV-Oostende

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 8:42pm On Aug 23, 2015
terzurum5:

KV Oostende FC, Belgium
[size=14pt]
KV Oostende FC,
[/size]
Founded1904 / 1911 / 1981
Address: Leopold van Tyghemlaan 62, Mariakerke
Oostende
Phone+32 (59) 703 610Fax+32 (59) 514 698
E-mail info@kvo.be
[img]http://ng.soccerway.com/teams/belgium/kv-oostende/227/venue/[/img]
Name: Albert park stadion City: Oostende
Capacity: 8125

.......read more
ng.soccerway.com/teams/belgium/kv-oostende/227/

Do you know that other Clubs such as Anderlecht, Club Brugge were interested in Godwin Saviour , but he decided to choose KV Oostende FC probably because playing time might be easier there than in the other two Clubs?

[b][size=14pt]
2015 CAF U23 Championship Qualifiers Nigeria U23
Saviour shuns Anderlecht, Club Brugge for KV Oostende
[/size]
Flying Eagles and U23 star Godwin Saviour has opted for Belgian top-flight club KV Oostende ahead of Anderlecht and Club Brugge.
Saviour’s transfer is now pending a routine medical early next month.
The Belgian club announced Friday the highly-rated forward from FC Sports of Jos has agreed a three-year contract with a year’s option beginning with an initial year-long loan deal.
The player's agent further confirmed to AfricanFootball.com they are getting set to fly out to Belgium for a medical soon.
Oostende already have another Nigeria striker, Joseph Akpala, on their books.
Anderlecht, Club Brugge, Genk as well as Gent were among the clubs who tabled offers for the exciting youngster.
Saviour was considered ahead of Gent star Moses Simon at the recent FIFA U20 World Cup in New Zealand, where he scored twice and provided an assist.
He has also been capped by Nigeria at U17 level and he is currently with the country’s U23 team for a CAF Championship qualifier in Congo.
Last season, Oostende finished 10thin the 16-team Jupiler League.
They got off to a flying start in the new season when they won 3-1 at KV Mechelen and welcome Westerlo in their second game of the campaign on Saturday.
[/b]

africanfootball.com/news/555879/Saviour-shuns-Anderlecht-Club-Brugge-for-KV-Oostende
I know playing time was part of the reasons he made that choice, still....2nd team? And then they lose 4-0 at his debut? The shittiness of that team must be epic. I reserve the right to express fear

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 8:46pm On Aug 23, 2015
safarigirl:
I know playing time was part of the reasons he made that choice, still....2nd team? And then they lose 4-0 at his debut? The shittiness of that team must be epic. I reserve the right to express fear
And to remember these guys were prefered ahead the more experienced foreign based comes to mind.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:23pm On Aug 23, 2015
I dont know if it's just me but I suspect dat Sir Icon4 dislikes Iheanacho. What the 'heavens' does he mean when he said this, "...better to feature for a relatively small club in belgium than to sit on d bench 4 a top club in England." Why England? If I may ask... Why not la liga, bundesliga or serie a to burtress ur point. It's very clear u had Iheanacho in mind wen u made dat comment. SIR, PLS STOP HATING AND GIVE D BOY A CHANCE. It's true he's yet to make his Epl debut but It's also true He's made d match day bench everytime since wk 1. ManCITY have to build some momentum b4 turning to dia youth so cool it coz Nacho will most definitely get his chance.
Godwin Savior is a good player but dat's all he is... Good NOT GREAT. Talented but not 'Super Talented. Take it or leave it Sir, Oostende is average, though they won 2-1 today(thanks to Akpala and Knowledge).

The Nigeria class of 2013/2015 in cadet/youth football respectively boasts real future jewels in Iheanacho @ Mancity, Yahaya @ Tottenham, Awoniyi @ Liverpool, Success @ Granada(loaned 4m Udinese), Alampasu @ Estoril praia in portuguese super liga, Ndidi @ Krc Genk(top belgian side), Nwakali @ Malaga(mancity loaned), Moses Simon @ Kaa Gent(belgian league champs), Chidera Ezeh @ Fc Porto, etc, etc...

Question: do u see any 'relatively small club'?
Some great talents may start small but will eventually end big. E.g. Lewandoski(lech poznan to Dortmund and 'destroyer of Madrid'), Kanu(nationale, owerri to Ajax and Ucl winner), etc.
While some other great talents start big and end big or even bigger. E.g. Messi(barca all his life... Lived in Ronaldinho's shadows b4 he finally exploded), Xavi, Ibrahimovic(never featured 4 a club dat neva won d league), etc.

So pls y'all... Spare Iheanacho d trouble coz He certainly belongs to d latter category above. All d best to Savior da little bull BUT hundreds of minutes playing 4 Oostende is no way close to the exposure gained playing just 90 mins wit Man city in d top flight... Nacho is leagues above Savior talent-wise, Class-wise, Exposure-wise, Experience-wise and other wise. So drop it! Thanks. *Big Smiles*

5 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 11:17pm On Aug 23, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
I dont know if it's just me but I suspect dat Sir Icon4 dislikes Iheanacho. What the 'heavens' does he mean when he said this, "...better to feature for a relatively small club in belgium than to sit on d bench 4 a top club in England." Why England? If I may ask... Why not la liga, bundesliga or serie a to burtress ur point. It's very clear u had Iheanacho in mind wen u made dat comment. SIR, PLS STOP HATING AND GIVE D BOY A CHANCE. It's true he's yet to make his Epl debut but It's also true He's made d match day bench everytime since wk 1. ManCITY have to build some momentum b4 turning to dia youth so cool it coz Nacho will most definitely get his chance.
Godwin Savior is a good player but dat's all he is... Good NOT GREAT. Talented but not 'Super Talented. Take it or leave it Sir, Oostende is average, though they won 2-1 today(thanks to Akpala and Knowledge).

The Nigeria class of 2013/2015 in cadet/youth football respectively boasts real future jewels in Iheanacho @ Mancity, Yahaya @ Tottenham, Awoniyi @ Liverpool, Success @ Granada(loaned 4m Udinese), Alampasu @ Estoril praia in portuguese super liga, Ndidi @ Krc Genk(top belgian side), Nwakali @ Malaga(mancity loaned), Moses Simon @ Kaa Gent(belgian league champs), Chidera Ezeh @ Fc Porto, etc, etc...

Some great talents may start small but will eventually end big. E.g. Lewandoski(lech poznan to Dortmund and 'destroyer of Madrid'), Kanu(nationale, owerri to Ajax and Ucl winner), etc.
While some other great talents start big and end big or even bigger. E.g. Messi(barca all his life... Lived in Ronaldinho's shadows b4 he finally exploded), Xavi, Ibrahimovic(never featured 4 a club dat neva won d league), etc.

So pls y'all... Spare Iheanacho d trouble coz He certainly belongs to d latter category above. All d best to Savior da little bull BUT hundreds of minutes playing 4 Oostende is no way close to the exposure gained playing just 90 mins wit Man city in d top flight... Nacho is leagues above Savior talent-wise, Class-wise, Exposure-wise, Experience-wise and other wise. So drop it! Thanks. *Big Smiles*
this was my best part of your write-up. Even Man City bench will get you better offers than playing regularly for most of these other teams cuz to enter 23-man list in a club with players like Aguero, Kompany, Fernandinho, Nasri and co no be beans. Kelechi will get his chance to prove why City fans adore him and put detractors to shame. There are up to 50 competitive games to go this season

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 9:09am On Aug 24, 2015
TheSuperNerd:

Oga TheSuperNerd, I have no reason what so ever to dislike Iheanacho. What I dislike is being in a Club where he would nt have good playing time especially at his young age. I am not saying players should only sign for lower clubs jst because of playing time. There should be a balance. I would be happy if City can just loan this guy out to a club like Sunderland, Aston Villa, Crystal Palace and the likes or even to a championship side where he stands a better chance of being part of the action. There he will learn more bc he will be facing strong oppositions from the tougher teams which is quite different from learning from Aguero, Silva, Navas and co on the training pitch. U might want to argue that players like Sterling and Hazard broke into Liverpool and Chelsea starting line up as teenagers but I tell u Kelechi is not yet in that Class.

It is not an issue of being in a big team. Just take a look at Moses and Mikel, wasting away jst because they want to remain in Chelsea. Moses and Mikel can almost easily break into the starting 11 of most of the lower 10 teams in the EPL.

And what prove do u have as per the last bolded? Have you seen Savior in action well enough? Bc Iheanacho is in ManCity? It is not all talented players that are lucky to sign for big Clubs. Eg As talented and as skillfull as Austin Okocha was he never played for a big Club. Meanwhile a player like Gbenga Okunowo played for Barcelona. And I have not seen Savior well enough to conclude whether he is better than Iheanacho or not.

Oliseh released a list of foreign based Super Eagles invitees and Simon Moses that players in Kaa Gent made the list while Iheanacho of Man City did nt make the list. Simon Moses plays first team action while Iheanacho does nt.

cc: terzurum5
cc: safarigirl

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 2:44pm On Aug 24, 2015
I would support a loan move for iheanacho to a lower EPL club but certainly not to the championship and before we talk about saviour Godwin who knows were this Oostende club finished on d Belgium table last season #anytin below 6th ain't acceptable ooh

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 3:02pm On Aug 24, 2015
Tomtoxic:
I would support a loan move for iheanacho to a lower EPL club but certainly not to the championship and before we talk about saviour Godwin who knows were this Oostende club finished on d Belgium table last season #anytin below 6th ain't acceptable ooh

9th and 10th the last 2 consecutive seasons.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:47pm On Aug 24, 2015
safarigirl:
this was my best part of your write-up. Even Man City bench will get you better offers than playing regularly for most of these other teams cuz to enter 23-man list in a club with players like Aguero, Kompany, Fernandinho, Nasri and co no be beans. Kelechi will get his chance to prove why City fans adore him and put detractors to shame. There are up to 50 competitive games to go this season
I want to see Kelechi Iheanacho playing regularly for his Club. But if Mancity is only ready to give him that bench role then am not gonna be happy. Nacho proved his worth during the preseason games and also his doubters wrong by posting performances that where better than some already established stars. I therefore, see no need why he should not get first team action very soon. On a safer note though, I would still share Icon4s' thought, that Nacho be loaned out to an EPL or Championship side (besides, some of these Championship teams can beat any EPL Team any day) where his playing time will be more regular than this present situation. This position, is in no way out of the fear that Nacho can not do it, neither is it out of hatred please TheSuperNerd, for he has already proved himself. All I want is for him to leave that bench role and start playing regularly. I can't afford to see him playing part role.
I still stand to be corrected though.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:59pm On Aug 24, 2015
[size=14pt]
Akpom Delighted With England Under 21 Call Up
[/size]

By Biyi Akangbe
Hull City striker Chuba Akpom was pleased to have been called up to the England Under 21 national team for the first time in his career.
The 19 - year - old has registered his name on the scoresheet 17 times in total for the England youth teams - Under 16, 17,19 and 20 - but has been promoted to the Under 21s after his fine start to the season.
“Buzzing to get my first England U21s call up and good luck to the boys tonight #CapitalOneCup #hcafc,” Chuba Akpom said on Twitter.
Manager Gareth Southgate has also invited fellow Anglo - Nigerians Dominic Iorfa , Dele Alli and Jordon Ibe for a friendly against USA and a Euro qualifier against Norway in September.
Akpom and his Hull City teammate Sone Aluko were rested for Tuesday’s Capital Cup tie against Rochdale.

www.soccernet.com.ng/2015/08/akpom-delighted-with-england-under-21.html

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:16pm On Aug 24, 2015
It's ok Sir Terzurum5 *smiles*
All iz well... *in Ranchoddas' voice*

I'm sure a lot of Nigerians home and abroad wanna see the next crown prince of African football in 'regular action... week in, week out.'

Pls, let 'a little more' patience have its way here. Man City never wanted to loan out Nacho which cud only mean one thing right? Or is there sumtin else? We'll find out soon enough... Wont we? #BigSmiles

terzurum5:

I want to see Kelechi Iheanacho playing regularly for his Club. But if Mancity is only ready to give him that bench role then am not gonna be happy. Nacho proved his worth during the preseason games and also his doubters wrong by posting performances that where better than some already established stars. I therefore, see no need why he should not get first team action very soon. On a safer note though, I would still share Icon4s' thought, that Nacho be loaned out to an EPL or Championship side (besides, some of these Championship teams can beat any EPL Team any day) where his playing time will be more regular than this present situation. This position, is in no way out of the fear that Nacho can not do it, neither is it out of hatred please TheSuperNerd, for he has already proved himself. All I want is for him to leave that bench role and start playing regularly. I can't afford to see him playing part role.
I still stand to be corrected though.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:44pm On Aug 24, 2015
Hi Sir Icon4s... we're cool aiiit... *smiles*
But here's a few things to clear up.
Okunowo played 4 barca... Yes! How many seasons? 2 at most. What was his impact? Fairly good but nothing spectacular.
Amuneke played abt 1 or 2 season(s) 4 Barca b4 injury stopped his career. His impact? He was d finest left winger in world football at d time b4 a young marc overmars took his place at Barca no thanks to injuries.

It wud hv been great seeing Nacho loaned out... After dat's 'd conventional' thing 4 young players right?

Well, maybe not 4 Nacho. I believe a man makes his own destiny. It's all up to Him and God. Even God wud do nothing in a man's life unless he has dat man's cooperation. That's how powerful Man is.

We may be witnessing another path taken by young players 4m Africa in a quest to make it big in soccer. And one of d vital elements needed in dis path apart 4m 'super talent' is d virtue called Patience. Not a lot of it, just a little of it. Cool it guys coz I believe Nacho's a trail blazer in d making.

And one more thing Sir... You're absolutely right! Nacho isn't in d class of Hazard or sterling at 'dat age.' You're so on point...

HE'S 'Just' IN A CLASS OF HIS OWN... IHEANACHO STANDS ALONE IN DAT CLASS. So thank u Sir and have a lovely day/night.

Icon4s:

Oga TheSuperNerd, I have no reason what so ever to dislike Iheanacho. What I dislike is being in a Club where he would nt have good playing time especially at his young age. I am not saying players should only sign for lower clubs jst because of playing time. There should be a balance. I would be happy if City can just loan this guy out to a club like Sunderland, Aston Villa, Crystal Palace and the likes or even to a championship side where he stands a better chance of being part of the action. There he will learn more bc he will be facing strong oppositions from the tougher teams which is quite different from learning from Aguero, Silva, Navas and co on the training pitch. U might want to argue that players like Sterling and Hazard broke into Liverpool and Chelsea starting line up as teenagers but I tell u Kelechi is not yet in that Class.

It is not an issue of being in a big team. Just take a look at Moses and Mikel, wasting away jst because they want to remain in Chelsea. Moses and Mikel can almost easily break into the starting 11 of most of the lower 10 teams in the EPL.

And what prove do u have as per the last bolded? Have you seen Savior in action well enough? Bc Iheanacho is in ManCity? It is not all talented players that are lucky to sign for big Clubs. Eg As talented and as skillfull as Austin Okocha was he never played for a big Club. Meanwhile a player like Gbenga Okunowo played for Barcelona. And I have not seen Savior well enough to conclude whether he is better than Iheanacho or not.

Oliseh released a list of foreign based Super Eagles invitees and Simon Moses that players in Kaa Gent made the list while Iheanacho of Man City did nt make the list. Simon Moses plays first team action while Iheanacho does nt.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:04am On Aug 25, 2015
Well put Safari Sweetie...
I know Nacho will get his chance to shine lyk d sun.
Pls pardon my 'incommunicado' mode all this while. Boy's been busy... Trust u understand.
*smiles*

And hey, I miss u other elders of d house(Sirs Goodjoe, Joseph1013, Mikron, AIG07, LeeCodeman, Tbaba1234, Kannymoore who gave us all sumtin to smile abt or be stunned at alongside Safarigirl, the house's first lady, wit their battle of wits and brains... Both of u rock!).

Of course there's Sirs linked, lexyman, Daninya11, adeyemi2015, pOintblank, ETC, ETC.(Cant reel out all ur names coz I gotta stop somewhere aiiit).
All I wanna say to u all is I miss u guys.
And thanks to Sirs Terzurum5, Icon4s, etc and 'the magnificent' Safarigirl 4 still making their presence felt especially Sir Terzurum5. Keep on achieving guys. GOD BLESS Y'all.

safarigirl:

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:48am On Aug 25, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
It's ok Sir Terzurum5 *smiles*
All iz well... *in Ranchoddas' voice*

I'm sure a lot of Nigerians home and abroad wanna see the next crown prince of African football in 'regular action... week in, week out.'

Pls, let 'a little more' patience have its way here. Man City never wanted to loan out Nacho which cud only mean one thing right? Or is there sumtin else? We'll find out soon enough... Wont we? #BigSmiles

Well said.
Thanks.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 9:36am On Aug 25, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Hi Sir Icon4s... we're cool aiiit... *smiles*
But here's a few things to clear up.
Okunowo played 4 barca... Yes! How many seasons? 2 at most. What was his impact? Fairly good but nothing spectacular.
Amuneke played abt 1 or 2 season(s) 4 Barca b4 injury stopped his career. His impact? He was d finest left winger in world football at d time b4 a young marc overmars took his place at Barca no thanks to injuries.

It wud hv been great seeing Nacho loaned out... After dat's 'd conventional' thing 4 young players right?

Well, maybe not 4 Nacho. I believe a man makes his own destiny. It's all up to Him and God. Even God wud do nothing in a man's life unless he has dat man's cooperation. That's how powerful Man is.

We may be witnessing another path taken by young players 4m Africa in a quest to make it big in soccer. And one of d vital elements needed in dis path apart 4m 'super talent' is d virtue called Patience. Not a lot of it, just a little of it. Cool it guys coz I believe Nacho's a trail blazer in d making.

And one more thing Sir... You're absolutely right! Nacho isn't in d class of Hazard or sterling at 'dat age.' You're so on point...

HE'S 'Just' IN A CLASS OF HIS OWN... IHEANACHO STANDS ALONE IN DAT CLASS
. So thank u Sir and have a lovely day/night.

And yet he cannot break into City's starting 11 and no Super Eagles call up where as Kingsley Sokari and Simon Moses made the list.
Too much hype on that kid.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 11:05am On Aug 25, 2015
Icon4s:

9th and 10th the last 2 consecutive seasons.
am not impressed by the transfer at all if na me I 4 just go anderletch at least by next season he should be getting game time their

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by linked: 11:42am On Aug 25, 2015
If nacho is loan to let say stoke or sunderland will he have regular first team football this season? NO. Most UNLIKELY.
Making the first team there ganna be difficult for obvious reasons
1. As a new signee untested in the league nacho won't be thrown into the fray on arrival... He would need time to blend and of course would have to prove he is better than the strikers thay have. This would be difficult at least this season not because nacho isnt very talented but because those older guys with more stamina, strength and experience will always have a way to keep him on the bench

2. Limited matches for smaller premiership sides.. Unlike city and the other big guns who will be playing in four or more competitions this season, smaller league sides have fewer competitions and for many at the end, it is all about surviving the league... With little margin for error, they wouldn't just for the fun of it play nacho except they run out of options and it becomes expedient to do so (Peharps injuries e.t.c)

3. Smaller league sides mosts times will have to grind out wins over their opponents... Thus they seldom will have the luxury of winning by high goals margins let say 4,5,or 6 goals to nil against opponents... With so much at stake, nacho- if he gets game time-would appear at the dying minutes of games to kill time as a strategy not for any real opportunity to impress

4. Smaller league sides hardly do boss possession thus for nacho's personal development-honing his passing skills and eye for goal-such sides would offer little.

With the forgoings, mancity is the best bet for nacho... With so many games to play this season, if nacho keeps on impressing in training and he keeps on making the match day squad he would certainly get game time this season much more than he would get in any other premiership side.

Additionally since mancity has groomed him right from their academy, continuity will best be served by mancity.
Mancity will play nacho not because they dont have other options but because the are grooming him for the future and see him as key to their near future goals... Thus mancity even with aguero on the match day squad could chose to start nacho in preliminary cup games... Also imagine aguero scoring a hattrick before the 60th minute against smaller teams at home... Dont you think he would deserve a standing ovation?.. Nacho could come in at times like this..
Not to also mention learning from the big guyz

Finally, my verdict is simple... As long as nacho would continously be named on the match day squad he should by all means remain in city for his good.
If at all a lone move is mused it shouldn't be to lower premiership sides or the championship.. Germany with Wolfsburg et al is the best bet for his development..
These are my humble submissions

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by linked: 11:50am On Aug 25, 2015
Icon4s:

And yet he cannot break into City's starting 11 and no Super Eagles call up where as Kingsley Sokari and Simon Moses made the list.
Clap for yourself... Thus sokari is better than Ighalo, mikel and uche abi?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:14pm On Aug 25, 2015
Hahahahaha... Finally! ! ! ! !
So that's d problem huh... This is ur grievance with d 'boy wonder'. Too much hype!!!!
You know... I bet Messi received the same kinda hype, even of a bigger type, at 18.
Sir, I get u aiiit. I really do. But truth be told Sir... From the bottom of my left and right ventricles, AND from the deep neuronal connections in my limbic system, hippocampus and frontal cortex, There's absolutely... Most absolutely no hype on d kid, Iheanacho. Greatness just cant be hidden 4 long, Sir. I trust u know what Matthew.5v15 has to say...

As 4 d national team, it's only a matter of time. Oliseh adores Nacho by the way, and is just taking his time to select the players he need one game at a time. So cool it Sir. #smiles

Icon4s:

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:41pm On Aug 25, 2015
Well, well, well... What do u know... I was just going over this same analogy in my head Sir linked. Well said... Permit me to add this... So Sokari's invitation means he's all of a sudden Nigeria's best huh? Even our dear young jewel, Simon Moses cant upstage Victor Moses at d moment. It's just invitation based on playing time 4 ur clubs. The season's still young and the road to Afcon 2017 and Wc 2018 is a long one. As time goes on, I bet Oliseh will make some hard decisions abt players invitation. Undisputed Talent and ability to deliver wen the chips are down will be his basis 4 selection in d long run... Esp. Wen things go tough and surely some more tough times lie ahead. But of course, most of the players dat will be selected based on d above will also meet anoda criterion, d one dat matters most to gentlemen like Sir Icon4s, "REGULAR AND CONSISTENT PLAYING TIME"

linked:

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 12:46pm On Aug 25, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Hahahahaha... Finally! ! ! ! !
So that's d problem huh... This is ur grievance with d 'boy wonder'. Too much hype!!!!
You know... I bet Messi received the same kinda hype, even of a bigger type, at 18.
Sir, I get u aiiit. I really do. But truth be told Sir... From the bottom of my left and right ventricles, AND from the deep neuronal connections in my limbic system, hippocampus and frontal cortex, There's absolutely... Most absolutely no hype on d kid, Iheanacho. Greatness just cant be hidden 4 long, Sir. I trust u know what Matthew.5v15 has to say...

As 4 d national team, it's only a matter of time. Oliseh adores Nacho by the way, and is just taking his time to select the players he need one game at a time. So cool it Sir. #smiles

I am not being a prophet of doom but all I have to say is time will tell. I jst pray Iheanacho lives up to his career prospects rating but I have not seen enough to warrant me comparing him with Messi as u jst did. Sure he is a bright prospect but I still maintain that the hype on him is too much. I have seen better players that are 19 and I have memories of World Class players and how dey performed when they were 19yrs olds.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 1:02pm On Aug 25, 2015
linked:

Well, Oliseh invited players according to what each player can bring to the table and how each player can suit his game plans for now. I am sure u know why Mikel and Uche are not in the Team. As for Ighalo Oliseh mentioned he is part of his plans.

I feel Iheanacho has not done enough to earn a senior national call up. Sokari has been a member of the Home Based Eagles. He was part of the team that beat Ghana at Uyo stadium launch last year. Sokari plays for the most consistent and competitive club in Nigeria (Enyimba FC).Despite that he mostly comes in as a sub he has scored a total of 8 goals for the 2 seasons he has been with them which is not bad for a player of his age and for a midfielder for that matter.He also won the NPFL young player of the year 2014. Sokari was part of the U23 set up even before he was drafted to the U20s. So Oliseh probably feels in a build up to a game like one against Tanzania Sokari has something to offer and so was always likely to be among the list of young local players.

As for Simon Moses, follow the Belgium league and u'll see how well utilized that kid is. Or better still go and watch his actions on Youtube. His work rate is excellent. Ever since I started following him since late last season he has featured in almost every league game for KAA Gent as a winger and even scored goals. Iheanacho should start palying comepetitive football and let the coaches assess him to know whether or where he can fit into their plans, a preseason showing might not jst be enough.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:52pm On Aug 25, 2015
Pellegrini let Dzeko and Jovetic go for Nacho. That says it all. Nacho's time is coming. He is up against Aguero one of the best. in the World and Bony, former best player in Holland.

If regular playing time is all that, all lower league players will be Messi.

Nacho training everyday with Aguero will develop him fast like a young Messi as a Ronaldinho understudy.

TheSuperNerd:

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:07pm On Aug 25, 2015
Playing time is not a criteria for greatness.you can get playing time but a coach who can not train a player to greatness will not help.

Nacho has the chance to train with coach who turned a flopped young Forlan into the fiercest attacker in Europe. He coached a young and flopped Riquelme into one of the best midfielders football ever saw.

He groomed a young Isco into a Midfielder Real Madrid and Man City fought for.

Nacho working with Pellegrini now is better than Nacho working with mediocre coaches who have never trained a World star.

Icon4s:

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:16pm On Aug 25, 2015
Man City is a different Ball game. Super Eagles call up is no achievement. None of the players on the Super Eagles team can near Man City. Jack Rodwell an EPL star could not break into City's team.

Nacho is a legend in the making. In the class of the greats. Give Pellegrini time to make a Messi out of him.

Icon4s:

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:19pm On Aug 25, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
Playing time is not a criteria for greatness.you can get playing time but a coach who can not train a player to greatness will not help.

Nacho has the chance to train with coach who turned a flopped young Forlan into the fiercest attacker in Europe. He coached a young and flopped Riquelme into one of the best midfielders football ever saw.

He groomed a young Isco into a Midfielder Real Madrid and Man City fought for.

Nacho working with Pellegrini now is better than Nacho working with mediocre coaches who have never trained a World star.

Bro, where have you been? Don't mind Icon. Just beefing the lad.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by jieta: 9:30pm On Aug 25, 2015
TheSuperNerd:

bck on nairaland after two weeks off were some nairalander will over hype there junior team and u will think they will win the senior world cup
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by linked: 9:33pm On Aug 25, 2015
jieta:
bck on nairaland after two weeks off were some nairalander will over hype there junior team and u will think they will win the senior world cup
grin dont know why I find this funny..
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:56pm On Aug 25, 2015
That's because it is funny... *BigSmiles*
The gentleman's obviously finding me a little nerve-racking...

linked:
grin dont know why I find this funny..
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:03pm On Aug 25, 2015
I couldn't help but click 'like' for this post. Excellent Sir GoodJoe! You're so spot on... My point exactly!

TheGoodJoe:
Pellegrini let Dzeko and Jovetic go for Nacho. That says it all. Nacho's time is coming. He is up against Aguero one of the best. in the World and Bony, former best player in Holland.

If regular playing time is all that, all lower league players will be Messi.

Nacho training everyday with Aguero will develop him fast like a young Messi as a Ronaldinho understudy.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:42pm On Aug 25, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria Invitee Ibe, Alli, Iorfa Get England Call-Ups
[/size]

By Biyi Akangbe
'Nigerian' youngsters Jordon Ibe, Dele Alli and Dominic Iorfa have been named in the England U-21s squad to face United States of America in September, the English Football Association announced on Tuesday.
It is Tottenham midfielder Alli’s first England U-21s call-up, just three days after he scored his first Premier League goal against Leicester City.
Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh recently met with Ibe to persuade the Liverpool winger to switch allegiance to the country of his father.
But Ibe was apparently not convinced and appears to be eyeing a senior England career instead.
Wolves defender Iorfa, whose father – also named Dominic – was an accomplished Nigerian striker and currently a football administrator in Nigeria, has been in impressive form for the Championship side since last season but has apparently not been approached by the West Africans.
So long as they have not played for England, the teenagers are still eligible for Nigeria, the country their fathers hail from.
England Under-21s squad in full:Goalkeepers: Angus Gunn (Manchester City), Jordan Pickford (Preston North End, on loan from Sunderland), Christian Walton (Bury, on loan from Brighton)
Defenders: Calum Chambers (Arsenal), Eric Dier (Tottenham), Brendan Galloway (Everton), Joe Gomez (Liverpool), Kortney Hause (Wolves), Dominic IORFA (Wolves), Jack Stephens (Middlesbrough, on loan from Southampton), Matt Targett (Southampton)
Midfielders: Dele ALLI (Tottenham), Nathaniel Chalobah (Chelsea), Jake Forster-Caskey (Brighton), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Chelsea), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton)
Forwards: Chuba Akpom (Hull City, on loan from Arsenal), Jordon IBE (Liverpool), Solly March (Brighton), Nathan Redmond (Norwich City), Duncan Watmore (Sunderland), James Wilson (Manchester United), Cauley Woodrow (Fulham).
[/b]

www.soccernet.com.ng/2015/08/nigeria-invitee-ibe-alli-iorfa-get.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.