Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,752 members, 7,840,936 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (701476 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:59pm On Sep 23, 2015
Na wa o! I thought you said "let's not deviate sha........."

I thought you've called it quits.......... Why cant some of us be true to our words? Na wa o!

Tomtoxic:

hmm I guess we all see world class in different ways ooh.leave grandpa fergie 4 1 corner jhur in his list of world class players am not sure he mentioned veron but as wen man u bought Juan Sebastian veron he was d most expensive so can u b d costliest and not b world class I doubt dat.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:03pm On Sep 23, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
England to beat Nigeria to Dele Alli
[/size]

Dele Alli has settled down so quickly at Spurs
England could again beat Nigeria to Spurs emerging star Dele Alli after Jordon Ibe of Liverpool opted to feature for the Three Lions and not the Super Eagles.
Reports coming out of England suggest that 19-year-old Alli is now in line to make England final squad for the 2016 European Championships after his quick adaptation to life in the English Premier League.
Like Ibe, Alli’s father is Nigerian, but he has represented England at the various age-group teams, including playing twice for the England U21s.
The midfielder’s superlative showings at Spurs - six appearances and a goal - have already received rave reviews.
Former England star Michael Owen said he has not been surprised by Alli’s rise to the top because his time in the lower leagues has prepared him for life in the EPL.
“His time at MK Dons prepared him for what he is now facing and I’m not surprised he has done well for himself so far,” hailed Owen.
Alli’s manager at MK Dons, Karl Robinson, again restated his belief that the midfielder has a great future ahead of him and could be "a wildcard option" for England next summer.
“He is a level-headed boy, who is always calm and willing to work,” remarked Robinson.
“As a wildcard Dele tics a number of boxes. He is a very versatile midfielder, who could play at No 8 or No 10 or on the left and can sit in the midfield and dictate the pace of the game from deep.
“He can be as good as he wants to be.”
[/b]

africanfootball.com/news/570192/England-to-beat-Nigeria-to-Dele-Alli
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 10:08pm On Sep 23, 2015
Tomtoxic:

falcao ain't world class? hmm am talking about radamel ooh d 1 hu stood on d ballon d'or podium if he z not world class to u den I rest my case.
Rooney d guy wit d england scoring record not world class okay continue ooh god is watching and tell Ferguson to eat his words abeg I guess he was clowning abi u wan follow am say robben ain't worldclass
so Rooney scores just 50 goals and he's world class? When they're talking about world class, na breaking 50-goal record you go talk when small children for Brazil dey score 70. Wetin we go call people like Messi and CR7? Cuz you can't group people that are breaking 200-goal records with 50-goals Rooney

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:35pm On Sep 23, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Manchester City's striker Kelechi Iheanacho, linked with Tottenham, likely to miss Spurs clash
[/size]

[img][/img]
The Nigerian youngster was linked with a move to Tottenham earlier in the month.
Manchester Cityhave unearthed a real talent in Nigerian youngster Kelechi Iheanacho. The 18-year-old scored against Crystal Palace earlier in the campaign with his first and only touch of the Premier Leaguecampaign so far.
The Nigerian under-20 international has however gained unwanted attention from another Premier League team.
Tottenham Hotspurare said to be interested in the player. It had been reported by The Sunearlier in the month that Spurswere hoping to lure him to White Hart Lane with the promise of more regular first-team football.
View image| gettyimages.com
City are not believed to be keen on the player leaving and are fairly confident he will remain at the club considering the first-team football opportunities he is currently going to receive at The Etihad.
SEE ALSO: Download the brand new HITC Sport Live App: An essential live scores and news companion
Now, he won’t even get the chance to show Tottenham his talents first-hand.
Spurs take on City this weekend in the early afternoon match on Saturday. However, as reported by Goal.com, the Nigerian is set to miss the tie with an injury – as he did with Sunderland yesterday in the League Cup.
Would Iheanacho have featured?
[/b]

www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/09/23/manchester-citys-striker-kelechi-iheanacho-linked-with-tottenham/
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 10:45pm On Sep 23, 2015
These injuries could really sink Kelechi's career. Young as he is and he's so injury-prone, reminds me of Anderson. Heard these injuries can be prevented with good dieting. Meanwhile, Martial dey score goals every game.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:22pm On Sep 23, 2015
Relax Safarihoney........ *smiles*

Nacho will be back soon enough. Remember what Sir TheGoodJoe said couple of months back about Man City's rigorous training methods AND their hi-tech technology/facilities/equipments combined with their top medical and rehab team to enable players deal with injuries at a faster rate? Nacho's injury may be partly due to the former but his expected quick recovery will be down to the latter. *smiles*

So be bothered not, besides, Nacho is a strong lad.

As for the "Martial artist" in man utd.......... He's obviously out to "court martial" any team......... Make we dey watch if his "martial arts skills" go work on teams like Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Crystal palace, Tottenham, Everton, Leicester City(beware of Mahrez!), Watford and Swansea..........*smiles*

But hey! Give it up for the lad. He's really good........ No wonder he's been compared to Thierry Henry by the british media and was endorsed france's next big thing by Henry himself.......... Meanwhile Celta Vigo dey vex o! Haba!

I noticed that ex-man city boy wonder, John Guideti was among "barca's destroyers". TheGoodJoe come see your former talent o........ *smiles*

safarigirl:
These injuries could really sink Kelechi's career. Young as he is and he's so injury-prone, reminds me of Anderson. Heard these injuries can be prevented with good dieting. Meanwhile, Martial dey score goals every game.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:30pm On Sep 23, 2015
[size=14pt]
2016 CHAN Qualifiers Burkina Faso
NFF spokesman refutes Dream Team for CHAN qualifiers
[/size]
[img]http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/sokari-enyimba-will-fight-3rd-champions-league-title/[/img]
The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) spokesperson Ademola Olajire has clarified a statement credited to him in the media that the U23 team will play the CHAN qualifiers against Burkina Faso next month.
He said he was misquoted by the media.
He insisted the home-based Eagles will play the game, but several members of the U23 team will be included in the team.
"What I said was that a good number of U23 boys are in the team,” Olajire said.
"I never said the U23 boys would be the team to play against Burkina Faso."
Nigeria will welcome Burkina Faso to Port Harcourt on October 18 with the return leg in Ouagadougou a week later.
The overall winners will qualify for the 2016 CHAN in Rwanda.

africanfootball.com//news/570189/NFF-spokesman-refutes-Dream-Team-for-CHAN-qualifiers
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:33pm On Sep 23, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Sokari: Brazil Test Good For U-23 AFCON
[/size]
[img]http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/sokari-enyimba-will-fight-3rd-champions-league-title/[/img]
Kingsley Sokari
By Izuchukwu Okosi:
Kingsley Sokari believes the proposed friendly between Nigeria’s U-23 national team and Brazil’s U-23 side will be a good preparation for the Nigerian team ahead of the CAF U-23 Cup of Nations billed for Senegal.
The Nigeria Football Federation are reportedly in talks with their Brazilian counterparts for the high-profile friendly.
U-23 Eagles midfielder Sokari while speaking with Comple tesportsnigeria.com underlines the benefits of playing the South Americans before the CAF U-23 Nations Cup to be hosted by Senegal between 28 November and 12 December, 2015.
“A friendly against Brazil will be a good test for us,” the Enyimba star told Comple tesportsnigeria.com. “Yes, we are yet to negotiate through the qualifying games for the Olympics but it will be a confidence booster for the team before we travel to Senegal.
“We’re talking about Brazil and for us to play them in a friendly even before the U-23 Nations Cup begins shows the NFF mean well for the team. It kind of gives the feeling that we are likely to play against them in Rio next year.
“The All Africa Games didn’t go as we expected because we wanted to win the gold medal but we understand the U-23 AFCON will be a tougher tournament. Every team, every player wants to be at the Olympics.”
The U-23 Eagles will play in Group B of the U-23 AFCON alongside Egypt, Algeria and Mali.
Samson Siasia’s team will begin their quest for an Olympics ticket with a game against Mali on November 29 at the Stade Caroline Faye Stadium, M’Bour and Egypt at the same venue on December 2.
They will round off their group games with a game against Algeria at the Stade Leopold Sedar Senghor in Dakar on December 5.
The Nigerian U-23 coach Siasia has played against a Brazilian national side before, though at the U-20 level, during the 2005 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Holland, a group match which ended goalless.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/sokari-brazil-test-good-for-u-23-afcon/

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:56am On Sep 24, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Manchester City sweat on Kelechi Iheanacho’s fitness
[/size]
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/84/61/kelechi-iheanacho-of-manchester-city_o9xait0067d418nrljxzlvoay.jpg?t=-2039037761&w=620&h=430[/img]
The youngster is a big doubt for the Citizen’s trip to the White Hart Lane for Saturday’s English topflight clash, as revealed by manager PellegriniKelechi Iheanacho is doubtful for Manchester City’s clash against Tottenham Hotspur at the White Hart Lane owing to injury, according to manager Manuel Pellegrini.
The Nigeria youth international did not travel with the Citizens for Tuesday’s Capital One fixture against Sunderland, where they triumphed 4-1.
David Silva, Samir Nasri, Fabian Delph, Pablo Zabaleta, Vincent Kompany, Eliaquim Mangala, Gael Clichy and Wilfried Bony were not picked too owing to injury.
And to the Manchester City boss have now confirmed that Iheanacho face fitness battles ahead Saturday’s fixture at Spurs.
"I always enjoy to see good players,” said Pellegrini “I think it is also important for our team because we had eight players injured for this game that we cannot use: (David) Silva, (Samir) Nasri, (Fabian) Delph, (Pablo) Zabaleta, (Vincent) Kompany, (Eliaquim) Mangala, (Wilfried) Bony and Kelechi (Iheanacho).
"It is an important number of players that we couldn't use. That's why it was important to win the game and important to win in the way we played.”
Question marks now remain over of what part - if any - Iheanacho will play in Saturday's game against Tottenham.
Manchester City lead the English topflight log with 15 points from six games.
[/b]

m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/4110/nigerians-abroad/2015/09/23/15663282/manchester-city-sweat-on-kelechi-iheanachos-fitness
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by linked: 9:11am On Sep 24, 2015
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
Manchester City sweat on Kelechi Iheanacho’s fitness
[/size]
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/84/61/kelechi-iheanacho-of-manchester-city_o9xait0067d418nrljxzlvoay.jpg?t=-2039037761&w=620&h=430[/img]
The youngster is a big doubt for the Citizen’s trip to the White Hart Lane for Saturday’s English topflight clash, as revealed by manager PellegriniKelechi Iheanacho is doubtful for Manchester City’s clash against Tottenham Hotspur at the White Hart Lane owing to injury, according to manager Manuel Pellegrini.
The Nigeria youth international did not travel with the Citizens for Tuesday’s Capital One fixture against Sunderland, where they triumphed 4-1.
David Silva, Samir Nasri, Fabian Delph, Pablo Zabaleta, Vincent Kompany, Eliaquim Mangala, Gael Clichy and Wilfried Bony were not picked too owing to injury.
And to the Manchester City boss have now confirmed that Iheanacho face fitness battles ahead Saturday’s fixture at Spurs.
"I always enjoy to see good players,” said Pellegrini “I think it is also important for our team because we had eight players injured for this game that we cannot use: (David) Silva, (Samir) Nasri, (Fabian) Delph, (Pablo) Zabaleta, (Vincent) Kompany, (Eliaquim) Mangala, (Wilfried) Bony and Kelechi (Iheanacho).
"It is an important number of players that we couldn't use. That's why it was important to win the game and important to win in the way we played.”
Question marks now remain over of what part - if any - Iheanacho will play in Saturday's game against Tottenham.
Manchester City lead the English topflight log with 15 points from six games.
[/b]

m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/4110/nigerians-abroad/2015/09/23/15663282/manchester-city-sweat-on-kelechi-iheanachos-fitness
When I think of players like Alexander Pato, I become concerned with the use of substances as creatine, L-glutamine etc as ergogenic aids by sports men. This is perhaps Nacho's fourth injury since his enlisting into MCFc. Hope they give him special care.
I remember the pressure on Pato to gain weight and muscle mass when he was just about 17... Of course it was important he does so as he was playing in the serie-A. Who knows what Milan did with him?? .. While I not insinuating Milan used growth enhancing hormones or creatine etcetera, I do strongly feel that their use in teenagers could have long term negative effects. I recently have begun to look into their effect on injury susceptibility and see glimpses of a positive correlation.

Thus, I do strongly recommend that clubs and trainers refrain from the act of loading young athletes with "supplements" .
They could freely use them on adults as they desire.
Pato's strong affinity for injuries remain a warning signal for trainers not to either put extreme pressure on young athletes or mess with their biology but let nature and good nutrition take the lead until they turn adults by age 21.

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:18am On Sep 24, 2015
So what exactly are you driving at? Nacho feeding off ergogenics and steroid supplements in bulks? Come on, give the kid a break will ya........

linked:
When I think of players like Alexander Pato, I become concerned with the use of substances as creatine, L-glutamine etc as ergogenic aids by sports men. This is perhaps Nacho's fourth injury since his enlisting into MCFc. Hope they give him special care.
I remember the pressure on Pato to gain weight and muscle mass when he was just about 17... Of course it was important he does so as he was playing in the serie-A. Who knows what Milan did with him?? .. While I not insuating Milan used growth enhancing hormones or creatine etcetera, I do strongly feel that their use in teenagers could have long term negative effects. I recently have begun to look into their effect on injury susceptibility and see glimpses of a positive correlation.

Thus, I do strongly recommend that clubs and trainers refrain from the act of loading young athletes with "supplement" .
They could freely use them on adults as they desire.
Pato's strong affinity for injuries remain a warning signal for trainers not to put extreme pressure on young athletes or mess with their biology but let nature and good nutrition take the lead until they turn full adults by age 21
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by linked: 10:03am On Sep 24, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
So what exactly are you driving at? Nacho feeding off ergogenics and steroid supplements in bulks? Come on, give the kid a break will ya........

Nah... Thats way to far.. @ the bolded.

Sir TheSuperNerd ... Please, I wasn't referring in particular to Nacho.. I was speaking in broad terms about teenage young talents... I meant that it could be a practice for trainers to innocuously load young athletes with supplements with the thinking it will help attain or maintain optimum health.

But I am of the view such practice could do much harm in the medium and long term.
I am especially against the use of creatine and glutamine in teenagers. These protein are not bad in themselves neither are they illegal. They are widely in use in the sport world.

I think you went overboard with the mention of steroids...
My focus is on will I say nutritional supplements.. As a med I believe you surely should get the thrust my post.
I want better handling of young alents... Sometimes popular practices may not be so healthy afterall...

Am considering embarking on a full scale research into these popular sports supplements if I receive approval for It.

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:15am On Sep 24, 2015
Of course, I saw no "steroids" in your write up but needed to get a clearer and fuller picture of what you were saying. Thought you were trying to build up a crescendo to bring other stuffs in.....

Yeah, you rite. Nutritional supplements are routes being overly exploited by coaches and trainers in the sports world to enhance athletes' performance and more....... And carries with it certain physiological consequences.

But seriously, I think you chose the wrong space to bring it up. Why mention it while quoting the Nacho injury story? Since you weren't referring to Nacho....

Anyway, all the best with your research efforts. Sports science may yet gain from it...... You never know....... *winks*

linked:
Nah... Thats way to far.. @ the bolded.

Sir Thesupernerd ... Please, I wasn't referring in particular to Nacho.. I was speaking in broad terms about teenage young talents... I meant that it could be a practice for trainers to innocuously load young athletes with supplements with the thinking it will help attain or maintain optimum health.

But I am of the view such practice could do much harm in the medium and long term.
I am especially against the use of creatine and glutamine in teenagers. These protein are not bad in themselves neither are they illegal. They are widely in use in the sport world.

I think you went overboard with the mention of steroids...
My focus is on will I say nutritional supplements.. As a med I believe you surely should get the thrust my post.
I want better handling of young alents... Sometimes popular practices may not be so healthy afterall...

Am considering embarking on a full scale research into these popular sports supplements if I receive approval for It.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:07pm On Sep 24, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Do you know Bony was on the bench because of Dzeko. Dzeko was top pick along Aguero because Pellegrini mostly played a 4-4-2 system. Dzeko wanted to leave and Pellegrini let him go. Without Iheanacho in the club, Pellegrini would never let Dzeko leave.

Man City were not going to pay so much for Bony and let him be the third striker so i feel thats why Dzeko was loaned to give Bony a chance to prove his worth.
Dzeko, Aguero and Bony all make 100k and up a week so it would make sense to drop one and use an academy player as your third striker.
For City and Iheanacho it is a low risk high reward issue, if he shines all praises to their youth system.
I do agree that Iheanacho had a part in Dzeko moving on but it was not so big a part.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:05pm On Sep 24, 2015
I guess Iheanacho's biggest fault is that he only owns one passport because I can't believe Alex Iwobi gets a call up before him or even Success and Awoniyi for that matter.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:43pm On Sep 24, 2015
BascoVanVeli:
I guess Iheanacho's biggest fault is that he only owns one passport because I can't believe Alex Iwobi gets a call up before him or even Success and Awoniyi for that matter.
I'm perplexed at the way Success continues to be snubbed. Iwobi is not tested and based on Oliseh's conditions, he is not supposed to be in the Eagles. Success has been playing first team football in the best league in the World since last season, yet both Siasia and Oliseh have continued to ignore him. It's unbelievable!

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:07pm On Sep 24, 2015
News reports on Iheanacho's injury are not quite specific right now from my end but I read a couple of minutes ago on Soccernet that Nacho will miss saturday's tie against Tottenham and might also miss the Epl game on Oct.3rd against Newcastle. It's all based on a hazy prognosis as he might return b4 Oct. 3rd but one can't be too sure. The medics are doing the best they can to have Nacho make his comeback as soon as possible but he'll definitely miss This weekend's tie................ According to reports.

Meanwhile, I share your thoughts on Isaac Success. But I'm not bothered because in the end the likes of Success, Nacho and Awoniyi are "TOO GOOD" to be ignored for long. I'm sure they are in the coaches' (siasia, oliseh) plans.

Iwobi may not have met Oliseh's 'original' requirements for selection but he's a good talent who would have made his debut for Nigeria's U-23 in that away qualifying fixture against Gabon. But Fifa stopped him even when he was there in Gabon with the team. Yeah.... This I recall quite well. So I think Oliseh included Iwobi to kill off any chance of England hovering again over the youngster. I think the invitation is "tactical" with respect to what I just explained. So let no one be bothered one bit........ All is well.

As for Success and the likes, they are already marked as "STAR PROSPECTS OF THE SUPER EAGLES" and can't be lost to any nation. So their time will definitely come. LIKE I SAID, "THEY ARE TOO GOOD TO BE IGNORED FOR MUCH LONGER".

*smiles*

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 6:58pm On Sep 24, 2015
BascoVanVeli:
the boy is even injured now, so they couldn't call him up if they wanted to. And like TheSuperNerd said, Iheanacho isn't in danger of being snatched, so whenever the coaches are ready, whether this year or in 2 years, he'll still be available, do you think England would be all over Ibe and Ali if they were fully British? You don't show your ace card until you've acquired those you need, but don't have. You should never rush greatness smiley

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 12:00pm On Sep 25, 2015
Injured Flying Eagles Nwobodo resumes training

Obinna Nwobodo - Has begun light training after injury in March
Nigeria U20 midfielder Obinna Nwobodo resumed light training with Enugu Rangers on Thursday.
Obinna, who missed last FIFA U-20 World Cup in New Zealand due to a major knee injury he suffered in the final of CAF U20 Championship in Senegal in March, was spotted at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium jogging.
He was full of praise for Nigerians and the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) for their support when he was on the treatment table.
“Thank God I am back and I feel like going straight onto the pitch to do my thing but I must wait out the time as instructed by the doctors,” Nwobodo told AfricanFootball.com
“I hope to come back a better player to give back to my fans what they expect from me for all their prayers while I was out injured.
“I must not fail to thank all Nigerians and the entire NFF family for standing by me through this injury. I appreciate their concern and won’t fail to pay them back at the appropriate time through quality representation on the field of play.”
By Norbert Okolie

africanfootball.com//news /570633/Injured-Flying-Eagles- Nwobodo-resumes-training

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:08pm On Sep 25, 2015
Welcome back young star Obinna Nwobodo. The football game was not the same without you. Keep training and get back to full fitness.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:43pm On Sep 25, 2015
safarigirl:
the boy is even injured now, so they couldn't call him up if they wanted to. And like TheSuperNerd said, Iheanacho isn't in danger of being snatched, so whenever the coaches are ready, whether this year or in 2 years, he'll still be available, do you think England would be all over Ibe and Ali if they were fully British? You don't show your ace card until you've acquired those you need, but don't have. You should never rush greatness smiley

Well he might be injured now but he wasn't when we played Tanzania. Infact Iheanacho should have been playing since last year especially after the pre-season he had. You say wait and be patient but so did Brasil in inviting Diego Costa and now he plays for Spain. That could happen to us, Iheanacho could shun Nigeria focus on his club and wait for his British passport which won't take so long if he performs on the field and shows intent in representing them.
What annoys me is Oliseh saying he should play for the U-23 but at the same time inviting Iwobi who hasn't played a premier league minute yet.
Btw Ali and Ibe are not on the English senior team raider yet the coach has stated that he is not going to give call up's just to make them nationals. Also a player can be called up while injured there is nothing against Iheanacho showing up getting a check up and at least learning the system a little.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 1:13pm On Sep 25, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Well he might be injured now but he wasn't when we played Tanzania. Infact Iheanacho should have been playing since last year especially after the pre-season he had. You say wait and be patient but so did Brasil in inviting Diego Costa and now he plays for Spain. That could happen to us, Iheanacho could shun Nigeria focus on his club and wait for his British passport which won't take so long if he performs on the field and shows intent in representing them.
What annoys me is Oliseh saying he should play for the U-23 but at the same time inviting Iwobi who hasn't played a premier league minute yet.
Btw Ali and Ibe are not on the English senior team raider yet the coach has stated that he is not going to give call up's just to make them nationals. Also a player can be called up while injured there is nothing against Iheanacho showing up getting a check up and at least learning the system a little.
it will take Iheanacho 10 years to become a British citizen, it won't take the NFF ten years to hand Kelechi a call-up and I doubt Britain expresses interests to snag anyone over 25. Your mind is going too far. I want Kelechi to remain in City and settle there without the national team giving him grief like you all have given Mikel. We know how Nigerians are, how petty you all can be, so allow the boy enjoy this time pleasing just City fans before putting the hopes of 170 million people on his small shoulders. Left to me, nobody will disturb Kelechi till he's 21

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:17pm On Sep 25, 2015
Nacho play for England?? Come on, we shouldn't even be discussing this.............. Hahahaha........ Please Sir, Quell your fears and relax. Like I said, Nacho is just too good to be ignored for long.

Gosh!!!! Where are you going with this? ......... Hahaha........ *smiles*

BascoVanVeli:

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:20pm On Sep 25, 2015
Well said Safarihoney........... I can't believe his thoughts went that far. My goodness!!! Na wa o!

safarigirl:
it will take Iheanacho 10 years to become a British citizen, it won't take the NFF ten years to hand Kelechi a call-up and I doubt Britain expresses interests to snag anyone over 25. Your mind is going too far. I want Kelechi to remain in City and settle there without the national team giving him grief like you all have given Mikel. We know how Nigerians are, how petty you all can be, so allow the boy enjoy this time pleasing just City fans before putting the hopes of 170 million people on his small shoulders. Left to me, nobody will disturb Kelechi till he's 21
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:27pm On Sep 25, 2015
Yeah, great to have our "Zidane-like" Super talent back.......... Obinna "the orchestrator" Nwobodo. *smiles*

TheGoodJoe:
Welcome back young star Obinna Nwobodo. The football game was not the same without you. Keep training and get back to full fitness.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:06pm On Sep 25, 2015
safarigirl:

Nobody is putting hopes of anyone on Iheanacho I simply say give the boy his just due. I ask, are the people being called better? Do they play for bigger clubs?
You don't sit and wait until you feel he can handle the pressure because if he can't now he never will, that ability is something you are either born with it or you're not. maybe Mikel never had it that's not necessarily a bad thing Mikel is still our best midfield player people can complain that doesn't take away from the player's quality, they even hated on Messi in Argentina his own Grandfather said he no try.
Neymar plays better for his country than Messi because he spent more time with his National team. Brasil has been built around Neymar since he was a boy at Santos even Pele was involved in his growth. Neymar's success is a tribute to the whole Brazilian Football federation and that is what im saying we have to be more proactive.
This is why around the world in some universities you see children in class rooms who are advanced and special you don't hold such a child back because the question becomes can they do the same as the other students in the class?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:16pm On Sep 25, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Nacho play for England?? Come on, we shouldn't even be discussing this.............. Hahahaha........ Please Sir, Quell your fears and relax. Like I said, Nacho is just too good to be ignored for long.

Gosh!!!! Where are you going with this? ......... Hahaha........ *smiles*

lol i'm sorry but i have a basis for my fears, I recently read an article on Rafinha who has already played for Brasil but now he is getting his German citizenship trying to join the world champions. He just recently turned down a call from Brasil something which I never knew could happen till Diego Costa blew my mind.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 3:30pm On Sep 25, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Nobody is putting hopes of anyone on Iheanacho I simply say give the boy his just due. I ask, are the people being called better? Do they play for bigger clubs?
You don't sit and wait until you feel he can handle the pressure because if he can't now he never will, that ability is something you are either born with it or you're not. maybe Mikel never had it that's not necessarily a bad thing Mikel is still our best midfield player people can complain that doesn't take away from the player's quality, they even hated on Messi in Argentina his own Grandfather said he no try.
Neymar plays better for his country than Messi because he spent more time with his National team. Brasil has been built around Neymar since he was a boy at Santos even Pele was involved in his growth. Neymar's success is a tribute to the whole Brazilian Football federation and that is what im saying we have to be more proactive.
This is why around the world in some universities you see children in class rooms who are advanced and special you don't hold such a child back because the question becomes can they do the same as the other students in the class?
kelechi is Kelechi, not Neymar, not Owen, not Pele, not Rooney, he's Kelechi and he isn't complaining about not being included in the team. It took NFF 5 years to call up Ighalo, Enyeama didn't get his chance to shine till 22. Oliseh may not be keen to allow Kelechi start a game and a player his calibre isn't a bencher. Relax, you can only complain here, but the coach will make the last decision, besides, it's just friendlies
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 3:34pm On Sep 25, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

lol i'm sorry but i have a basis for my fears, I recently read an article on Rafinha who has already played for Brasil but now he is getting his German citizenship trying to join the world champions. He just recently turned down a call from Brasil something which I never knew could happen till Diego Costa blew my mind.
you mean like Iwobi that's played for England and is now turning to Nigeria? Unless Britain has a new law that can grant a player citizenship after 2-3 years, then your fears are unfounded
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:39pm On Sep 25, 2015
Your point is well noted Sir. I too wanna see Nacho in the Super Eagles a.s.a.p

But pls understand Oliseh. Only one news site got it right concerning why he called up Iwobi now. And that site shared my exact thoughts on the matter.

The way some media houses are going about this isn't so right. They are making it an "Iheanacho vs Iwobi" matter.

It's true Iheanacho would hv gotten his first senior cap by now but pls, Oliseh just took over and have played just 2 games. So more opportunities will surely come for Nacho and the other uncapped super young talents. Keshi refused to give Iheanacho the eye so he's partly responsible for this (and let know one cite that chan incident where Nacho left camp on permission to go wrap up his deal at man city as the reason keshi did not give Nacho anoda look-in. What people don't realise is that Fifa does not rate the Chan as a grade 'A' tournament and would hv contributed nothing to enhancing Nacho's "special talent" credentials. Do u think man city is stupid? If the chan would have boosted Nacho's case for a work permit in england, they would hv left him with Keshi and co for the chan tournament in south africa).

So relax Sir, Nacho's senior debut isn't so far off. It's all a matter of time and when it does come (and it will come soon enough- between now and within the first 6 months of next year- as a 19-yr old) we'll all feel the immediate impact as great signs of bigger things to come for Nigerian football....... Our gladness and Joy will know no bounds.

Coincidentally, Nacho's 19th birthday is on October 3rd, the same day that may mark his recovery from this injury setback inspite of whether he gets to feature against Newcastle or whether Pellegrinni rests him further. But one thing is certain, at the latest, that's the weekend Nacho recovers fully.

Keep happy y'all........... *smiles*

BascoVanVeli:

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 4:03pm On Sep 25, 2015
joseph1013:
I'm perplexed at the way Success continues to be snubbed. Iwobi is not tested and based on Oliseh's conditions, he is not supposed to be in the Eagles. Success has been playing first team football in the best league in the World since last season, yet both Siasia and Oliseh have continued to ignore him. It's unbelievable!
In Nigeria, if you are not strongly connected with the NFF (God Father things), you are on your own.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:21pm On Sep 25, 2015
Maybe Sir or in fact, certainly....... But there's undisputably still enough room for "MERIT" and based on this, Isaac Success and the other uncapped star prodigies will get their chance.

Orkpekyandega:

In Nigeria, if you are not strongly connected with the NFF (God Father things), you are on your own.

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.