Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,616 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

A Thread For The 40s Crowd, Discuss Issues Relevant To You, Instead Of Other Ppl - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Thread For The 40s Crowd, Discuss Issues Relevant To You, Instead Of Other Ppl (6398 Views)

A Thread For 2016 Brides and Grooms To Be / Why Is There So Much Fear Of The 40s Crowd? / A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For The 40s Crowd, Discuss Issues Relevant To You, Instead Of Other Ppl by itstpia1: 7:01pm On Oct 16, 2014
often we see nlers open threads to ask "do you remember this biscuit or that bournvita/exercise book/sandal/ whatever".

seems most of them are only interested in selling and the money they made off this age group, than anything else.

What matters are relevant or of interest to the 40s crowd, lets chat here.

No thread derailers please.

Younger than 40, the thread is not for you, and keep a civil tongue in your head as you stay off, thanks.

yes, we know its some people's dream and prayer not to reach 40, however, that does not concern others besides the individual so inclined.
Re: A Thread For The 40s Crowd, Discuss Issues Relevant To You, Instead Of Other Ppl by fckmn24seg(m): 7:06pm On Oct 16, 2014
Thinking of those days now
Re: A Thread For The 40s Crowd, Discuss Issues Relevant To You, Instead Of Other Ppl by knotty(m): 7:11pm On Oct 16, 2014
Espying
Re: A Thread For The 40s Crowd, Discuss Issues Relevant To You, Instead Of Other Ppl by itstpia1: 8:09pm On Oct 16, 2014
fckmn24seg:
Thinking of those days now

Which days?
Re: A Thread For The 40s Crowd, Discuss Issues Relevant To You, Instead Of Other Ppl by itstpia1: 8:29pm On Oct 16, 2014
The 40s generation are "straddling" some major technological shifts, as it were, they've seen so many major transformations in mass market products and they are also deep in the computer IT fields.

In Nigeria, the 40s generation marked the cessation of hostilities after the civil war, when people once again began to have some semblance of a construction environment. I wonder who was the first child born after the war.
Re: A Thread For The 40s Crowd, Discuss Issues Relevant To You, Instead Of Other Ppl by laudate: 11:21pm On Oct 16, 2014
itstpia1:

No thread derailers please.

Younger than 40, the thread is not for you, and keep a civil tongue in your head as you stay off, thanks.

yes, we know its some people's dream and prayer not to reach 40, however, that does not concern others besides the individual so inclined.

Tpia! Tpia!! Tpia!!! shocked

How many times did I call you? Hehehe....why the age restriction now? Ehn? cool
Re: A Thread For The 40s Crowd, Discuss Issues Relevant To You, Instead Of Other Ppl by coogar: 11:55pm On Oct 16, 2014
nairaland should have some age restriction to prevent oldies like tpia away. this forum won't thrive with her ancient wisdom.
Re: A Thread For The 40s Crowd, Discuss Issues Relevant To You, Instead Of Other Ppl by itstpia1: 1:50am On Oct 17, 2014
laudate:

Tpia! Tpia!! Tpia!!! shocked

How many times did I call you? Hehehe....why the age restriction now? Ehn? cool

What's wrong with the age restriction?

There are many issues unique to the 40 something crowd which pertain to them alone and neither is it a must other ages should butt in all the time.

Why catching feelings?
Re: A Thread For The 40s Crowd, Discuss Issues Relevant To You, Instead Of Other Ppl by riskit33: 9:56am On Oct 17, 2014
This thread is dead on arrival (no offence please), because your target population are as scarce as a NEEDLE in a HAYSACK!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The 40s Crowd, Discuss Issues Relevant To You, Instead Of Other Ppl by skentelelady(f): 5:23pm On Oct 17, 2014
Maybe you shouldnt have said 40s crowd but 70/80s peeps lipsrsealed
Re: A Thread For The 40s Crowd, Discuss Issues Relevant To You, Instead Of Other Ppl by itstpia1: 3:33am On Oct 18, 2014
riskit33:
your target population are as scarce as a NEEDLE in a HAYSACK!

how did you arrive at that conclusion?

btw, this is thread derailment but since you're so sure of yourself, feel free to explain what you mean.
Re: A Thread For The 40s Crowd, Discuss Issues Relevant To You, Instead Of Other Ppl by itstpia1: 3:34am On Oct 18, 2014
skentelelady:
Maybe you shouldnt have said 40s crowd but 70/80s peeps lipsrsealed

like i mentioned here:

itstpia1:

Re: A Thread For The 40s Crowd, Discuss Issues Relevant To You, Instead Of Other Ppl by Pennywise(m): 5:35am On Oct 18, 2014
Are we talking biological, chronological or social age because I really like to comment. Thanks aunty tpia.
Re: A Thread For The 40s Crowd, Discuss Issues Relevant To You, Instead Of Other Ppl by itstpia1: 5:38am On Oct 18, 2014
biological age.

no wisecracks or snide remarks plz.

its a serious thread, not for frivolities.

i see you have started already.

maybe you want to deceive, i mean impress, some supposedly female nler who may even be male or under a p.imp, be that as it may, this is not the thread you want, so keep it moving.
Re: A Thread For The 40s Crowd, Discuss Issues Relevant To You, Instead Of Other Ppl by Pennywise(m): 5:40am On Oct 18, 2014
Biological age with birth certificate or age declaration (to whom it may concern kind of document)
Re: A Thread For The 40s Crowd, Discuss Issues Relevant To You, Instead Of Other Ppl by itstpia1: 5:42am On Oct 18, 2014
reread my previous post.
Re: A Thread For The 40s Crowd, Discuss Issues Relevant To You, Instead Of Other Ppl by Pennywise(m): 5:49am On Oct 18, 2014
itstpia1:
reread my previous post.
But u have not given any real queue about what u want to have on your thread besides wanting to know who may have been Nigeria' first post civil war baby.

If u rephrase properly and give a tangible example, you might be able to get the attention of two thirds of all in romance section and all in politics. Don't expect any from religion.

While you are at it, you may want to tweak the thread title because the big 4-0 scares the hell out of most people even those in their 40s
Re: A Thread For The 40s Crowd, Discuss Issues Relevant To You, Instead Of Other Ppl by itstpia1: 5:51am On Oct 18, 2014
Pennywise:

But u have not given any real queue about what u want to have on your thread

the thread is for anyone between the age of 40 and 49 to discuss issues pertaining to them.

besides wanting to know who may have been Nigeria' first post civil war baby.

nothing wrong with that, just curious, thats all.

If u rephrase properly and give a tangible example, you might be able to get the attention of two thirds of all in romance section and all in politics.

are you implying romance section is mostly populated by 40s and above?

that cant be possible- romance section is majorly preteens.
Re: A Thread For The 40s Crowd, Discuss Issues Relevant To You, Instead Of Other Ppl by Pennywise(m): 5:59am On Oct 18, 2014
itstpia1:

the thread is for anyone between the age of 40 and 49 to discuss issues pertaining to them.
nothing wrong with that, just curious, thats all.
are you implying romance section is mostly populated by 40s and above?
that cant be possible- romance section is majorly preteens.

Stop pretending to be naive. Teens indeed. Some of these characters have even registered their presence here. Some have bachelor's and have been job hunting for 15yrs, now do the math.
Re: A Thread For The 40s Crowd, Discuss Issues Relevant To You, Instead Of Other Ppl by itstpia1: 6:07am On Oct 18, 2014
so how does that make them 40?

and for those who are, how does that disqualify them from this thread?

i didnt say only specific sections should post.

besides, some people are "working" in various sections, only their "work" is known by another name.

moving on- do you have any contributions to the topic? (are you in the age range sef).

abi you dey still form ayounge for some ladies?
Re: A Thread For The 40s Crowd, Discuss Issues Relevant To You, Instead Of Other Ppl by Pennywise(m): 6:19am On Oct 18, 2014
I can understand your frustration dear tpia. But 40s is when peeps consider taking chieftancy titles and really begin to question the rationale behind monogamy. Do u think NL is the right place for such discussions? I think not. I would rather talk about how many rounds I can go with tpia.

And no I have no interest in NL sourcing, whatsoever. Thanks for recommending.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The 40s Crowd, Discuss Issues Relevant To You, Instead Of Other Ppl by itstpia1: 6:24am On Oct 18, 2014
Pennywise:
I can understand my frustration. But 40s is when peeps consider taking chieftancy titles and really begin to question the rationale behind monogamy

well, some people have their midlife crisis in their 40s, i agree.

taking chieftancy titles does not predispose a person to polygamy unless they've been creeping before. Not everybody is like you who runs after everything in skirt and women no dey pass for them front.

Do u think NL is the right place for such discussions? I think not

you can go to the wedding night thread and join your friends there since you took time out from your busy romance section schedule to check out this one.

anyway, bye, wbb later.

seems you are not serious.
Re: A Thread For The 40s Crowd, Discuss Issues Relevant To You, Instead Of Other Ppl by Pennywise(m): 7:01am On Oct 18, 2014
itstpia1:

anyway, bye, wbb later.

This is so unlike tpia. Cautious, civil, almost respectful. This dyck killer is almost giving me an eerection. I am tempted to open a thread proclaiming 'the taming of tipia'. But if I did that she will just go back to her old ways.

Or she is doing her best to keep this thread going cheesy. But I dont see this discourse doing three pages by the way. She will trip and I will have no choice but to incinerate her thread. Things have become fairly predictable btw us. I pity the moderator who will have the task of looking post by post and deciding what to delete and what to leave. If its any reassurance, I am here today with my church mind.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The 40s Crowd, Discuss Issues Relevant To You, Instead Of Other Ppl by itstpia1: 6:57pm On Oct 18, 2014
bro, carry yourself to sexuality section, seems you missed road.

and why did you edit your post?

the initial one was more normal and better than what you just typed.
Re: A Thread For The 40s Crowd, Discuss Issues Relevant To You, Instead Of Other Ppl by itstpia1: 7:02pm On Oct 18, 2014
back to topic.

some issues faced by the 40 something crowd include:

-divorce, coping with or handling the aftermath of.

- finances/career: are you where you want to be right now or not. Debt, income, expenses, etc.

- networking: some females especially tend to slow down in this area due to general life pressures

-for the men, midlife crisis could start early. I dont know if women have midlife crisis.

-health: some have active lifestyles (gym, exercise, healthy eating, etc), others dont. Some may be coping with illness, others are at optimal health

- shifts in roles as parents age,

-for many, they are starting relationships like marriage, child bearing, etc.

etc etc

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The 40s Crowd, Discuss Issues Relevant To You, Instead Of Other Ppl by coogar: 7:35pm On Oct 18, 2014
Pennywise:

This is so unlike tpia. Cautious, civil, almost respectful. This dyck killer is almost giving me an eerection. I am tempted to open a thread proclaiming 'the taming of tipia'. But if I did that she will just go back to her old ways.

i am tpia' fiancé ......
open such a thread & i'd have your intestines fed to ebola-infected dogs in Freetown.

tpia is taken. cool

Or she is doing her best to keep this thread going cheesy. But I dont see this discourse doing three pages by the way. She will trip and I will have no choice but to incinerate her thread. Things have become fairly predictable btw us. I pity the moderator who will have the task of looking post by post and deciding what to delete and what to leave. If its any reassurance, I am here today with my church mind.

she's now taken & i have been working on her anger management. no more shots throwing at faceless earthlings on the internet. however, you must understand rehabilitation is a gradual process so do not provoke her to unleash expletives.

thanks for your co-op!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The 40s Crowd, Discuss Issues Relevant To You, Instead Of Other Ppl by Pennywise(m): 7:45pm On Oct 18, 2014
coogar:

i am tpia' fiancé ......
open such a thread & i'd have your intestines fed to ebola-infected dogs in Freetown.

I expect you to speak with some decorum. This is a section for grown ups.

Having said that I am convinced you will make a good wife for tpia. May your marriage produce fruits. I mean be fruitful (no pun please).
Re: A Thread For The 40s Crowd, Discuss Issues Relevant To You, Instead Of Other Ppl by Pennywise(m): 7:47pm On Oct 18, 2014
itstpia1:
bro, carry yourself to sexuality section, seems you missed road.

and why did you edit your post?

the initial one was more normal and better than what you just typed.

Normal posts for normal people. Some of us are still not used to cell fone posts. You want to add sth to an earlier post all of a sudden everything disappears. Why bother? Am I getting paid doing it? I just wait till I get to my command and control center when I can have the world at my finger tips.
Re: A Thread For The 40s Crowd, Discuss Issues Relevant To You, Instead Of Other Ppl by coogar: 7:50pm On Oct 18, 2014
Pennywise:

I expect you to speak with some decorum. This is a section for grown ups.

there's no age restriction on this forum - they turn this place into your village family meetings.

Having said that I am convinced you will make a good wife for tpia. May your marriage produce fruits. I mean be fruitful (no pun please).

nah, tpia would be a good wife to me.
have you eaten today or why is a gender issue ambiguous to you?
Re: A Thread For The 40s Crowd, Discuss Issues Relevant To You, Instead Of Other Ppl by Pennywise(m): 7:57pm On Oct 18, 2014
coogar:

nah, tpia would be a good wife to me.
have you eaten today or why is a gender issue ambiguous to you?

No ambiguity here. Not all women come with vagaina. Some like you come with small dyck thinking they can do what we do.

Au revoir for now. In an hour from now, I will be available to tell you how it is unfortunately it will be with cell fone yet again
Re: A Thread For The 40s Crowd, Discuss Issues Relevant To You, Instead Of Other Ppl by coogar: 8:02pm On Oct 18, 2014
Pennywise:

No ambiguity here. Not all women come with vagaina. Some like you come with small dyck thinking they can do what we do.

you see still exhibiting the traits of a photosensitive epileptic patient. so you think yourself a man with the swag of a walnut you possess? about 400 years ago, your type would be offered to the gods of the land cos you are bïtch-made.

Au revoir for now. In an hour from now, i will be available to tell you how it is unfortunately it will be with cell fone yet again

i'd be waiting - if you survive the verbal assault of the first one hour, i would swallow my vomit & apologise that you are a real man.

come with everything you have got.....you can borrow more from friends & family too. i need me some target-practise. i am getting rusty.
Re: A Thread For The 40s Crowd, Discuss Issues Relevant To You, Instead Of Other Ppl by Pennywise(m): 5:29am On Oct 19, 2014
itstpia1:
back to topic.

some issues faced by the 40 something crowd include:

-divorce, coping with or handling the aftermath of.

- finances/career: are you where you want to be right now or not. Debt, income, expenses, etc.

- networking: some females especially tend to slow down in this area due to general life pressures

-for the men, midlife crisis could start early. I dont know if women have midlife crisis.

-health: some have active lifestyles (gym, exercise, healthy eating, etc), others dont. Some may be coping with illness, others are at optimal health

- shifts in roles as parents age,

-for many, they are starting relationships like marriage, child bearing, etc.

etc etc

This is neither realistic nor possible. Each of those subject matter first need to be broken into topics and then thread. You probably have 2dozen threads in there. Some of which must go to sexuality to excite the usual customers so they can leave u alone unless if u enjoy cooger sniffing and hanging around ur poo.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Merry Christmas Nairalanders / Relocation Sales - All Home Appliances / Help Mrs. Eniola Daramola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.