Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,917 members, 7,810,523 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help (5939 Views)

My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help / Lady Accused Of Abandoning Her House Help At A Restaurant Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by gugus1(m): 1:50pm On Jun 24, 2020
Hello dear Nairalanders. I hope all is well with all otherwise continue to struggle positively and time would make things heal.

This topic is actually raised to address the issue of average families where both spouse earn little, but also when the man is taking care of the basic responsibility of house rent,school fees, PHCN bills, DStv, security and lawma. Etc.

My question is since the woman is also a working class, especially when she earns more than the man. Is it proper for the man to hire a house help for the domestic work.

Please only genuine opinions and no childish contributions.
Thanks
Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by nobone(f): 2:14pm On Jun 24, 2020
Hubby is into biz, while I did a bank job.
I pay the nanny monthly. 90% of times, i paid the kids school fees before hubby would even know.I make sure I stock the house with toiletries and some groceries every month. I buy clothes for my kids, when I see their uniforms/ school bags, shoes and food flasks/lunch bags aren't good enough, I change them straight without looking back. I buy my clothes. Sometimes hubby does. As I do all these, I wasn't ever compelled. I wasn't either asked to. Out of my church mind I do these even more.
On Hubby's side, he stocks the house with foodstuffs every time. He doesn't give me money as most times I don't need it. I have access to all his accounts and most times we run his little business together. When I lost my job, I didn't have need for a nanny again, I paid her off cos she was a nice lady. Hubby took every responsibility 100%, but I still feel bad cos I don't want the biz money to run down.
As for your question, it depends on understanding. Be sincere to each other and in that way, you won't mind who pays what.

Meanwhile, I'm an applicant o! I can do any genuine job.

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Haywhymido(m): 2:48pm On Jun 24, 2020
Single ladies and married ones try to learn one or two things from the post above

2 Likes

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 24, 2020
nobone:
I pay the nanny monthly. 90% of times, i paid the kids school fees before hubby would even know.I make sure I stock the house with toiletries and some groceries every month. I buy clothes for my kids, when I see their uniforms/ school bags, shoes and food flasks/lunch bags aren't good enough, I change them straight without looking back. I buy my clothes. Sometimes hubby does. As I do all these, I wasn't ever compelled. I wasn't either asked to. Out of my church mind I do these even more.
On Hubby's side, he stocks the house with foodstuffs every time. He doesn't give me money as most times I don't need it. I have access to all his accounts and most times we run his little business together. When I lost my job, I didn't have need for a nanny again, I paid her off cos she was a nice lady. Hubby took every responsibility 100%, but I still feel bad cos I don't want the biz money to run down.
As for your question, it depends on understanding. Be sincere to each other and in that way, you won't mind who pays what.

Ha!!! cheesy cheesy Ha!!! cheesy cheesy +1000likes

This answer is golden and priceless. �

In short, understanding/financial intelligence.

No be when person get responsible wife or husband e go fit achieve all these? No competition in marriage period!

lalasticlala, mynd44, seun.

5 Likes

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by BetterPoison: 4:10pm On Jun 24, 2020
It's not supposed to be a competition between husband and wife...

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by gugus1(m): 4:41pm On Jun 24, 2020
nobone:

Good to hear from a woman with dedication but I believe your case is only by God's intervention

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by gugus1(m): 7:30pm On Jun 24, 2020
Let's all remember that the question is not about competition between spouse but under normal clime. Whose responsibility would it be to hire a nanny.

Let's just assume there is a problem with the house chore due to both spouse are working class.

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by ImaIma1(f): 8:08pm On Jun 24, 2020
nobone:

This is how marriage should be. Not all those spouses that are in competition with each other.
Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Harshreality: 8:19am On Jun 25, 2020
ImaIma1:

This is how marriage should be. Not all those spouses that are in competition with each other.

Too many immature and selfish people getting married these days.
Always looking out for their own interest instead of the family

6 Likes

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by gugus1(m): 8:36am On Jun 25, 2020
Let's also remember that househelp is not your regular relative which some people try to keep as house help .
Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Romangalactic(m): 8:39am On Jun 25, 2020
nobone:

Wow.

Ybaby how are you this morning

6 Likes

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Nobody: 8:55am On Jun 25, 2020
Romangalactic:
Wow.
stop calling somebody's wife baby

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Ybaby: 9:02am On Jun 25, 2020
Romangalactic:

Wow.

Ise lago ma se ku.

My concern is why she is even letting her hubby pay for anything at all. She is a strong donkey sorry i mean woman.

This is how she announces to everyone that she is the bread donkey... sorry... breadwinner. She is probably built like a man too such a muscular capable woman who can pay school fees when the father is alive.

A strong women

I pray she gets a job soon.

All na patience, because that thread of I pay all the Bill's but hubby has impregnated a village girl is coming soon..... eleya awon donkey o kin pe na.

As it is her hubby is spending his money on another woman.

To each is own!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Mariangeles(f): 9:18am On Jun 25, 2020
Romangalactic:

Wow.

You'll love to be that kind of a husband wouldn't you?
A man his wife does not depend on for anything.
Answer honestly: how would you feel as a man if your wife does not need you for anything?

7 Likes

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 25, 2020
Ybaby:

Ise lago ma se ku.

My concern is why she is even letting her hubby pay for anything at all. She is a strong donkey sorry i mean woman.

This is how she announces to everyone that she is the bread donkey... sorry... breadwinner. She is probably built like a man too such a muscular capable woman who can pay school fees when the father is alive.

A strong women

All na patience, because that thread of I pay all the Bill's but hubby has impregnated a village girl is coming soon..... eleya awon donkey o kin pe na.

To each is own!
This isn't nice! The fact that you would rather sit at home like a Barbie doll and have your husband pay for everything even kerosene money doesn't mean whoever does otherwise is a fool.

Yes not everyone wants to be a thropy wife, an empty entity who is only good for decoration and sex. Some women are trained to be more than a cushion or puppet.And you missed the part she said the husbands business is little i.e still growing? Shouldn't anyone with brain and conscience be supportive or would you rather place all responsibilities on a growing business and kill it? Sometimes I wonder how some of you reason here and why you get married at all. Most of you will perform better being CID or SARs because you lots are calculative, manipulative and most annoyingly condemning!

Good thing is, her husband didn't get anyone pregnant, he shouldered his responsibility like a Man should and still loves his wife. There is love, friendship, understanding and commitment in that home. Something alien to you! And you ended your sad note with "To each is own" that's laughable. Very laughable!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 25, 2020
gugus1:
Hello dear Nairalanders. I hope all is well with all otherwise continue to struggle positively and time would make things heal.

This topic is actually raised to address the issue of average families where both spouse earn little, but also when the man is taking care of the basic responsibility of house rent,school fees, PHCN bills, DStv, security and lawma. Etc.

My question is since the woman is also a working class, especially when she earns more than the man. Is it proper for the man to hire a house help for the domestic work.

Please only genuine opinions and no childish contributions.
Thanks
In a situation where both couples earn little, whoever sees the need for a house help more should pay.

BTW it's "Fund" not "Fond"

2 Likes

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by ayomipoosi: 9:57am On Jun 25, 2020
First, she did not announce to anyone how she supports her family she only gave a practical example. Note she isn't the breadwinner as purported by you because I didn't see where she mentioned paying house rent, car maintenance or other utility bills. She only mentioned the basics which every other woman out there does. I only see her pointing it out categorically to drive her point. I understand her perfectly and I drew some serious lessons from her response.
At last she said something that made so much sense. She said "be sincere to each other and in that way, you won't mind who pays what"
Have you thought about what investments they would have had together? This is a faceless forum that's why she felt free to give such details.
@ybaby, pick the lessons and stop being disrespectful. Its not nice of you.
Ybaby:

Ise lago ma se ku.

A strong women

To each is own!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Ybaby: 10:04am On Jun 25, 2020
ayomipoosi:
First, she did not announce to anyone how she supports her family she only gave a practical example. Note she isn't the breadwinner as purported by you because I didn't see where she mentioned paying house rent, car maintenance or other utility bills. She only mentioned the basics which every other woman out there does. I only see her pointing it out categorically to drive her point. I understand her perfectly and I drew some serious lessons from her response.
At last she said something that made so much sense. She said "be sincere to each other and in that way, you won't mind who pays what"
Have you thought about what investments they would have had together? This is a faceless forum that's why she felt free to give such details.

I was not disrespectful. There are 2 types of women queens and donkeys.

She will always find a way to let the world know she pays her household Bill's.

I will always find a way to let know world my man pays the Bills

We are two different kind of women and as long as it is her choice then good for her.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Ybaby: 10:06am On Jun 25, 2020
ayomipoosi:

What is the lesson? That a wife pays schoolfees while daddy is alive and living under the same roof .... no fight

Or

To be a single mom but married woman.

Which is the lesson?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by ayomipoosi: 10:07am On Jun 25, 2020
You made my day with your response. Thank God there are some sensible people here.
From her tone, she's a peaceful and intelligent person. Claiming right and acting unnecessarily too wise only causes big problems in the family.
Palema007:
This isn't nice! The fact that you would rather sit at home like a Barbie doll and have your husband pay for everything even kerosene money doesn't mean whoever does otherwise is a fool.

Yes not everyone wants to be a thropy wife, an empty entity who is only good for decoration and sex. Some women are trained to be more than a cushion or puppet.And you mixed the part she said the husbands business is little i.e still growing? Shouldn't anyone with brain and conscience be supportive or would you rather place all responsibilities on a growing business and kill it? Sometimes I wonder how some of you reason here and why you get married at all. Most of you will perform better being CID or SARs because you lots are calculative, manipulative and most annoyingly condemning!

Good thing is, her husband didn't get anyone pregnant, he shouldered his responsibility like a Man should and still loves his wife. There is love, friendship, understanding and commitment in that home. Something alien to you! And you ended your sad note with "To each is own" that's laughable. Very laughable!

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 25, 2020
ayomipoosi:
You made my day with your response. Thank God there are some sensible people here.
From her tone, she's a peaceful and intelligent person. Claiming right and acting unnecessarily too wise only causes big problems in the family.
No she isn't peaceful, a peaceful person will not be so hard on another woman to the extent of calling her a donkey. She could have stated her opinion without being rude and judgemental. We have different opinions/views of life that makes us do things differently. Bringing others down for their choices is madness.
I could point out 101 ways her own perfect husband taking totally responsibilities could go wrong but I won't because she's entitled to her way of life.
However, i gave her a piece of her own medicine and I'm glad I did. People should learn to be objective.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Romangalactic(m): 10:55am On Jun 25, 2020
Rozz:
stop calling somebody's wife baby
Lol,I'm sorry babe. I'll call only you baby from now on. Better?
Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Romangalactic(m): 11:00am On Jun 25, 2020
Ybaby:

Ise lago ma se ku.

A strong women

To each is own!
I knew you will tie wrapper & gele and come and embarrass yourself on this thread cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Romangalactic(m): 11:08am On Jun 25, 2020
Mariangeles:

You'll love to be that kind of a husband wouldn't you?
A man his wife does not depend on for anything.
Answer honestly: how would you feel as a man if your wife does not need you for anything?
I'm not the type of man who wants his woman not to depend on him for anything, and I'm sure nobone's husband isn't the type either.

But u see that woman up there, that is the type of woman any man will love to have by his side whether he is a billionaire or counting coins, not because he needs to leech on her but because he knows she can hold her own.
Let me borrow a few words from your bf LordKO, nobone is the perfect example of a conscientious, altruistic, selfless, and fair-minded woman. grin

12 Likes

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by ImaIma1(f): 11:32am On Jun 25, 2020
Harshreality:

Too many immature and selfish people getting married these days.
Always looking out for their own interest instead of the family

That is the major problem I see in marriage. It's not about money, family interference or anything. It is selfishness and immaturity from the one or both of the spouses.

If that is dealt with, other things will fall into place.
Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Biglittlelois(f): 11:36am On Jun 25, 2020
nobone:

I can see some entitled leeches gallivanting about this comment, note the @bolded and know that these does not apply to all marriages, especially with irresponsible, deadbeat husbands or fathers involved, note that there is a clause which is @bolded, what works for family A may not work for family B, to each his/her own.

@nobone, I love independent ladies/wives, always a breath of fresh air, kudos to you and your home.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by cococandy(f): 12:12pm On Jun 25, 2020
How about if you support each other financially? You know like two people who want each other to succeed and not to over work themselves.

What category does that place the woman?
Queen or donkey?

Asking for a friend!

Ybaby:

I was not disrespectful. There are 2 types of women queens and donkeys.

She will always find a way to let the world know she pays her household Bill's.

I will always find a way to let know world my man pays the Bills

We are two different kind of women and as long as it is her choice then good for her.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Mariangeles(f): 12:18pm On Jun 25, 2020
Romangalactic:

I'm not the type of man who wants his woman not to depend on him for anything, and I'm sure nobone's husband isn't the type either.

But u see that woman up there, that is the type of woman any man will love to have by his side whether he is a billionaire or counting coins, not because he needs to leech on her but because he knows she can hold her own.
Let me borrow a few words from your bf LordK.O, nobone is the perfect example of a conscientious, altruistic, selfless, and fair-minded woman. grin

You see? Now that you've learned new words from him and how to use them in a sentence, aren't you better off? grin grin grin

Remember the thread about that woman who lost interest in her partner of 9years yes? That is what happens eventually when a man relaxes and let his wife take on most of his responsibilities.

If you dig deep, a woman like no.bone takes on all that responsibilities either because she's out to prove a point out of spite(at her own detriment) or has no option.
What woman would ask to fully take on her husband's role when he's capable and willing?
She will not tell you the whole story. Women like that end up being resentful and are easily irritated by their so-called husbands.
As a man, if your wife offers to do that much, do not allow it.
Don't let her overexert herself. It'll drain her out and she'll end up cursing you under her breath grin
You really need to learn how to love a woman. How to bring out the best in her for your sake.

A wife's duty is to support her husband and not to fully take on the responsibilities meant for a man. She does not have the strength to do that.
Don't be deceived by all that you read...there are always more sides to the story.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help by Ybaby: 1:24pm On Jun 25, 2020
cococandy:
How about if you support each other financially? You know like two people who want each other to succeed and not to over work themselves.

What category does that place the woman?
Queen or donkey?

Asking for a friend!

Donkey! grin grin grin

No real man collects money from his woman.

I wonder which woman is financially supporting Dangote/ Otedola etc .... it is low par men that collect money from women

Overwork?? The bible says man should toil!!! No real man is happy without his toil! No real man is happy without a job, No real man is happy without his sweat. Even lazy low par men like to pretend as if they are looking for work.

Man is happiest when he is working - when he gets home from work, run a warm bath, scrub his back, massage his lower brain and let him release his stress inside you, give him vitamins, pray for him, make sure the kids are well looked after and house is clean, delicious food and lots of peace.

Giving a man money emasculates him! Wanting him to succeed is very different from emasculating him, the above makes a man feel strong and masculine but giving him money makes him lazy and unmotivated.

He is not your son! He is your leader, your oga, your man..... but eh no concern me...

I have just one request - any time she buys him a car - she should advertise it on Instablog like Emoney does when he buys his wife a car.

Beta men and Builder women - Feminine men and Masculine women - 6 and 7

New International Version Genesis 3:17
To Adam he said, "Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, 'You must not eat from it,' "Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil you will eat food from it all the days of your life.

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? / How Do You Cope With BAD Nigerian Mother-in-law ?? / She Deceived And Forced Me Into Marrying Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.