Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? - Gaming (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? (184264 Views)

What Pc Game Are You Playing? / Want To Swap You Game For Another. Enter Here / Hi Guys, What Pc Or Laptop Model Do I Need To Play Pc Version Of Ps3 And Xbox360 Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by islops(m): 2:50pm On Mar 28, 2015
dazekid:

Com'n guys why so dramatic You could always rob a bank na, ordinary $2000 wouldn't take three minutes to get that type of money out of any Nigerian or Ghanian bank CC:Kimco grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

yes o lead the way $2000... common.... i laugh...
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by islops(m): 2:53pm On Mar 28, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Lol! Speaking of Hardline, ve u played it yet?

hardline is one Game in not really looking forword to playing... the police and thief style is just not apealing to me... preferes the war and battle senerios
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 3:29pm On Mar 28, 2015
islops:

yes o lead the way $2000... common.... i laugh...

LOL bruv you guys are not serious about it na tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 28, 2015
islops:

hardline is one Game in not really looking forword to playing... the police and thief style is just not apealing to me... preferes the war and battle senerios
Exactly wat i've been saying. The game looks like glorified GTA V. I ll just stick with my BF4 till d nxt BF. The multiplayer doesn't even look as interesting as BF4's. But dat dont mean if i play it i wont like it but it just doesn't look like a game i'll be willing to spend my money on

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Mar 28, 2015
dazekid:

Nah bro, I have too many games on my "now playing" list. If you get the game, you can point me to a link sha.
Sure. But the game is on torrents sha. Came out the same day it was released(those white boys no dey dull). But the size is like 35gig. And knowing torrents dat can tke a while to dload
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by chrislu(m): 10:04pm On Mar 28, 2015
ladokuntlad:

gosh y do u rely on these so called benchmark.

i almost got fooled by dis nootbook check wen dey said mai lenovo cant hand fifa15 and cod:advance warfare.
bt i summoined d courag to download it and believe u me it played smootly witout no glitch pls try and handle all tthese machines and game ursef and dont jst rely on wat d internet says.

pls once again dont judge base on internet benchmarks.

try and do ur own benchmarks ursef.

please which lenovo is that and what are the specs?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 10:45pm On Mar 28, 2015
dazekid:

Woah, yellow Nvidia logo, I didn't even open the page to look at the pictures. But seriously though people are selling fake top level GPUs in Ghana

yh the specs is even in the item description. from dat u'll know its not the real thing.

atleast he didnt lie.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 12:24am On Mar 29, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Sure. But the game is on torrents sha. Came out the same day it was released(those white boys no dey dull). But the size is like 35gig. And knowing torrents dat can tke a while to dload

Yea, 35GB would take me like 10hours for a direct download given that I'd be stopping the download a lot coz IDM uses all the bandwidth when downloading files but for torrents, it could take weeks as my VPN doesn't play well with torrents at all.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ladokuntlad(m): 1:27am On Mar 29, 2015
chrislu:
please which lenovo is that and what are the specs?
Lwnovo t420 core i7@2.7ghz 1gb nvidia 6gb ram 500hdd
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by islops(m): 3:24pm On Mar 29, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Exactly wat i've been saying. The game looks like glorified GTA V. I ll just stick with my BF4 till d nxt BF. The multiplayer doesn't even look as interesting as BF4's. But dat dont mean if i play it i wont like it but it just doesn't look like a game i'll be willing to spend my money on

i tell you
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by islops(m): 3:26pm On Mar 29, 2015
Who has played Evolve
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by djbrown15: 10:39pm On Mar 30, 2015
Hp dv6
nvidea graphics gt650M(2gb)
ram= 8gb
intel i7 3630 (turbo boost up to 3.9ghz)

im enjoying the shit outta this system!
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 12:14am On Apr 01, 2015
islops:
Who has played Evolve
Not yet! But the system requirements for the game seems demanding tho
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 4:49am On Apr 01, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Not yet! But the system requirements for the game seems demanding tho

I am beginning to think that benchmarks may not be as accurate or reliable as we think also, system requirements can be bogus sometimes. So I just started playing bioshock infininte yesterday (previously ran it on my windows 7 partition but couldn't play it as I couldn't get it to detect my nvidia card) and I was getting 40FPS above on ultra, this is a game that was benchmarked at 29.3FPS on GPUboss and a few other sites, today I bought a cooling pad and I am getting up to 90FPS in the same game so essentially I am getting even better perfomance than if I had a 780M. I honestly don't know why the GPU is performing so well compared to the norm but who am I to say I don't love it.
Below are my fraps benchmarks for the game running everything on and on ultra. Also, in the third one where the min rate is 8, that happened when the loading circle started spinning,

Oh, I just realized that it is past 4 so I started playing the game the day before yesterday.

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by islops(m): 1:05pm On Apr 01, 2015
dazekid:

I am beginning to think that benchmarks may not be as accurate or reliable as we think also, system requirements can be bogus sometimes. So I just started playing bioshock infininte yesterday (previously ran it on my windows 7 partition but couldn't play it as I couldn't get it to detect my nvidia card) and I was getting 40FPS above on ultra, this is a game that was benchmarked at 29.3FPS on GPUboss and a few other sites, today I bought a cooling pad and I am getting up to 90FPS in the same game so essentially I am getting even better perfomance than if I had a 780M. I honestly don't know why the GPU is performing so well compared to the norm but who am I to say I don't love it.
Below are my fraps benchmarks for the game running everything on and on ultra. Also, in the third one where the min rate is 8, that happened when the loading circle started spinning,

Oh, I just realized that it is past 4 so I started playing the game the day before yesterday.

Yeah I guess what your saying is correct cos I've seen so many and even played a lot too that claimed to have high benchmark but runs on a lot of low end systems.

I love that bioshcok too cool game
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 1:23am On Apr 03, 2015
dazekid:

daze is ur laptop screen a 1080p one? or are u gaming on a desktop. also gpu boss benchmarkings ( i have never seen one from them before even) are to be taken with the seriousness of a politician's ambition to move his country forward. they are gud for theoritical differences between gpus. anadtech (spelling) is much better.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 1:29am On Apr 03, 2015
kimco:

daze is ur laptop screen a 1080p one? or are u gaming on a desktop. also gpu boss benchmarkings ( i have never seen one from them before even) are to be taken with the seriousness of a politician's ambition to move his country forward. they are gud for theoritical differences between gpus. anadtech (spelling) is much better.

Yes, my laptop screen is 1080p and I gaming on my laptop. Gpuboss gathers benchmark info from different sites(I think) and on checking most sites, "anandtech" inclusive, the 770M was benchmarked at 29.3fps for Bioshock infinite. My cooling is crazy currently crazy, very happy with the cooling pad I bought(just that I would have loved for it to be a bit bigger) so i am obliged to think that your GPU performs better than average if well cooled.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 1:38am On Apr 03, 2015
So since I have achieved "laptop cooling greatness", I decided to overclock my GPU. Now the performance is definitely something to write home about. So again the test platform was my laptop and test subject bioshock infinite. What I noticed majorly is that with the overclock, apart from reaching higher max frame rates(over 120FPS) in bioshock infinite with everything on and on ultra, the minimum frame rates went up. I guess I'd have to recommend a cooling pad to anybody who is a laptop gamer with a dedicated GPU, it is well worth it.
You can find my new Fraps log attached.
By the way, I have undone the overclock as the normal performance is pretty good already and because my GPU temperature started to hit 90'

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 10:46am On Apr 03, 2015
dazekid:

Yes, my laptop screen is 1080p and I gaming on my laptop. Gpuboss gathers benchmark info from different sites(I think) and on checking most sites, "anandtech" inclusive, the 770M was benchmarked at 29.3fps for Bioshock infinite. My cooling is crazy currently crazy, very happy with the cooling pad I bought(just that I would have loved for it to be a bit bigger) so i am obliged to think that your GPU performs better than average if well cooled.

pls where the link to dat benchmarking from gpu boss. can't find it. anyways i remember playing the game on very high on my c2d + gtx 280 pc and getting a consistent 30fps at 1080p. some benchmarking sites are all bull**** and only advertise for newer hardware by making old hardware look bad.

i fail to see how the gtx 770m was benchmarked at 29.3fps at ultra when tomshardware benchmarks battlefield 4 at 27.5 at ultra....a vastly superior game. i dnt mind the link to gpu site tho.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-780m-770m-765m,3732-5.html
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 03, 2015
True. A cooling pad should be a compulsory accessory for gaming laptops. But there are so many fakes out there
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 6:17pm On Apr 04, 2015
kimco:

pls where the link to dat benchmarking from gpu boss. can't find it. anyways i remember playing the game on very high on my c2d + gtx 280 pc and getting a consistent 30fps at 1080p. some benchmarking sites are all bull**** and only advertise for newer hardware by making old hardware look bad.

i fail to see how the gtx 770m was benchmarked at 29.3fps at ultra when tomshardware benchmarks battlefield 4 at 27.5 at ultra....a vastly superior game. i dnt mind the link to gpu site tho.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-780m-770m-765m,3732-5.html

Just check GPU boss for Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M, thwy always put the scores for games like bioshock, crysis 3, Diablo III etc.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 6:22pm On Apr 04, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
True. A cooling pad should be a compulsory accessory for gaming laptops. But there are so many fakes out there

The one I bought is by a Chinese company so I was having my doubts when buying it but it does a pretty good job. My laptop is 17.3 inches so it may be too big for 15.6 inch laptops below but the name is Jeway JN-4007.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 2:27am On Apr 05, 2015
dazekid:

Just check GPU boss for Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M, thwy always put the scores for games like bioshock, crysis 3, Diablo III etc.

but where does it say other benchmarking sites are used as references?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 06, 2015
wow..been a long while.. I'm so happy happy this thread is growing... Skl no gree make I enjoy my lappy Buh its just a matter of time..

My absuloto bestia (My PC) as I love to call it is so freaking amazing.. Its been over 7months I started using it and the experience has been awesome... Have almost filled up the Memory (634gb) with Games mehn...The latest addition is the Assassin's Creed and the FIFA 15..The gaming experience has lived up to expectations thanks to the Nvidia graph card. The batt life is still pretty OK, roughly 4½ hours on normal usage so I don't mind though.. Planning on getting a hard drive to transfer my games to, eating up much space..
Well, what more can I say, so far so good...Its still my "little PC that could"..
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 06, 2015
KingMEXX:
wow..been a long while.. I'm so happy happy this thread is growing... Skl no gree make I enjoy my lappy Buh its just a matter of time..

My absuloto bestia (My PC) as I love to call it is so freaking amazing.. Its been over 7months I started using it and the experience has been awesome... Have almost filled up the Memory (634gb) with Games mehn...The latest addition is the Assassin's Creed and the FIFA 15..The gaming experience has lived up to expectations thanks to the Nvidia graph card. The batt life is still pretty OK, roughly 4½ hours on normal usage so I don't mind though.. Planning on getting a hard drive to transfer my games to, eating up much space..
Well, what more can I say, so far so good...Its still my "little PC that could"..
Wat are ur PC specs?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Apr 06, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Wat are ur PC specs?
Intel core i5 4201u (4th Gen) @1.7ghz dual cores(3mb cache)...Turbo boost up to 2.6ghz

Graphic card : Nvidia GeForce 840M (2gb dedicated memory)

RAM : 6gb

Memory : 750gb HDD @5400rpm
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 07, 2015
KingMEXX:
Intel core i5 4201u (4th Gen) @1.7ghz dual cores(3mb cache)...Turbo boost up to 2.6ghz

Graphic card : Nvidia GeForce 840M (2gb dedicated memory)

RAM : 6gb

Memory : 750gb HDD @5400rpm
Not bad. But dat CPU ehn sad
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by djbrown15: 6:50pm On Apr 07, 2015
pls guys what do you think of this lappy i recently bought

Hp dv6
intel i7 3630@ 2.40 ( i've turbo boosted it and it clocks to 3.9)
GPU is nvidia geforce GT650M (2gb)
RAM is 8gb
screen 15.4inch
1TB

please comment freely i need your remarks on this>>>>>> i play every game installed on high and it doesnt lag eg fifa15,assasins creed rogue etc
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Apr 07, 2015
djbrown15:
pls guys what do you think of this lappy i recently bought

Hp dv6
intel i7 3630@ 2.40 ( i've turbo boosted it and it clocks to 3.9)
GPU is nvidia geforce GT650M (2gb)
RAM is 8gb
screen 15.4inch
1TB

please comment freely i need your remarks on this>>>>>> i play every game installed on high and it doesnt lag eg fifa15,assasins creed rogue etc
Iss nor bad. I've a friend who has the exact same type. The GPU is a little old but it should be strong enough to play current games on low to medium

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Mackie1(m): 3:29pm On Apr 08, 2015
kimco:

Dat looks like an annoying problem. Look for the .ini file and open with note pad. From there u can manually change the settings to low and try again. Odawise try getting anoda copy.
ohhh, please your fifa stool working?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 3:56am On Apr 09, 2015
Mackie1:
ohhh, please your fifa stool working?

yes sir! it is. why do ask?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Mackie1(m): 12:57pm On Apr 09, 2015
kimco:

yes sir! it is. why do ask?
wanna know where you downloaded it from

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (71) (Reply)

Football Manager Handheld 2015 Is Out! / HELP: Gaming Enquires / Updates And News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.