Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? - Gaming (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? (184060 Views)

What Pc Game Are You Playing? / Want To Swap You Game For Another. Enter Here / Hi Guys, What Pc Or Laptop Model Do I Need To Play Pc Version Of Ps3 And Xbox360 Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Apr 18, 2015
kimco:

At roughly three tyms the price? Dat won't happen. Atleast for us in africa. It's not greed, it da fact dat I shudn't have to stay gameless cos I cannot cough up three tyms the actual price ( due to exchange rate) to buy a game dat myt even suck or not run well on my pc.
Thats why i prefer to buy off Origin most times as the currency is in Rands. That one still make sense. But Steam is always in dollars and except if they are doing sales sef, u could go bankrupt buying from them.

And GTA V seems to be badly optimized. I wont even try playing it until i get a better PC
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 18, 2015
kimco:

Misinformation, even if it's jux speculating is very bad. U either know and help the guy or u don't and tell him dat u don't know. To my best knowledge ea has released atleast 4 updates for the game.

Don't take offense man
The updates EA released are only for the purchased version. I doubt if u can see it anywhere online to dload and use for the cracked version. I tried patching my cracked Fifa 14 last yr and i searched for months but couldn't find anywhere i could get the direct download for the updates. But i sand to be corrected tho. Have u tried patching ur fifa 15
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 3:45pm On Apr 18, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
The updates EA released are only for the purchased version. I doubt if u can see it anywhere online to dload and use for the cracked version. I tried patching my cracked Fifa 14 last yr and i searched for months but couldn't find anywhere i could get the direct download for the updates. But i sand to be corrected tho. Have u tried patching ur fifa 15

Ur post didn't tell me what this post is.

" I doubt fifa has any updates ooo" tells me dat u believe , be it original or pirated version, EA hasn't released any updates.

Even then always look to moddingway as the find ways to incoporate the official patches into their own patches plus other mods into one full patch (fifa 15 version is 1gb)

And yes I have....the gameplay is a tard faster than before even on normal speed. Defending got a bit easier too. New transfers etc
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 3:51pm On Apr 18, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Thats why i prefer to buy off Origin most times as the currency is in Rands. That one still make sense. But Steam is always in dollars and except if they are doing sales sef, u could go bankrupt buying from them.

And GTA V seems to be badly optimized. I wont even try playing it until i get a better PC

You are a South African ain't you? What's the exchange rate for the dollar to the rand?

The 3tyms price approximation was for the naira. I'm ghanaian and the cedi is actually 4tyms the rate. I must be filthy rich or desperate to actually buy games in the near future

Gta v I heard was very well optimised from most user reviews. It's mk x dats poor optimised tho....so I'm surprised at what u are saying.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 18, 2015
kimco:

Ur post didn't tell me what this post is.

" I doubt fifa has any updates ooo" tells me dat u believe , be it original or pirated version, EA hasn't released any updates.

Even then always look to moddingway as the find ways to incoporate the official patches into their own patches plus other mods into one full patch (fifa 15 version is 1gb)

And yes I have....the gameplay is a tard faster than before even on normal speed. Defending got a bit easier too. New transfers etc
Well then, maybe u can drop a link to the mod website for KingMEXX
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 18, 2015
kimco:

You are a South African ain't you? What's the exchange rate for the dollar to the rand?

The 3tyms price approximation was for the naira. I'm ghanaian and the cedi is actually 4tyms the rate. I must be filthy rich or desperate to actually buy games in the near future

Gta v I heard was very well optimised from most user reviews. It's mk x dats poor optimised tho....so I'm surprised at what u are saying.
Lol. I'm Nigerian. 1 rand is like 16 naira as opposed to the naira-dollar ratio. So it pays sometimes to buy off Origin. Besides my Origin was automatically set to operate in Rands. I guess thats because SA is the only African country recognised by Origin. But $1 = 4Cedi. The exchange rate is better for u guys. Here $1 = 199 naira. Which is why i can never buy anything in dollars online.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 6:06pm On Apr 18, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Lol. I'm Nigerian. 1 rand is like 16 naira as opposed to the naira-dollar ratio. So it pays sometimes to buy off Origin. Besides my Origin was automatically set to operate in Rands. I guess thats because SA is the only African country recognised by Origin. But $1 = 4Cedi. The exchange rate is better for u guys. Here $1 = 199 naira. Which is why i can never buy anything in dollars online.

Wait ooo 1$-4cedi is better than 1$-199 naira?...

I'm confused...pls explain.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 6:12pm On Apr 18, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Well then, maybe u can drop a link to the mod website for KingMEXX

www.moddingway.com/news/6095.html
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 18, 2015
kimco:

Wait ooo 1$-4cedi is better than 1$-199 naira?...

I'm confused...pls explain.
Yes na. If $1=4 naira i'd save up and buy almost all games on Origin
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by djbrown15: 10:09pm On Apr 18, 2015
Lionbite:

How much did you get it?
for around 152k new
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by djbrown15: 10:11pm On Apr 18, 2015
vickerz:

how much?

envy 15 i asked of this one he told me around 178-190k new... omo na my next system be that ooo....
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by djbrown15: 10:12pm On Apr 18, 2015
wman:

http://www8.hp.com/emea_africa/en/products/laptops/product-detail.html?oid=7158159#!tab=specs

http://www./hp-envy-15-k000nia-intel-core-i7-2ghz-8gb-1tb-hdd-15.6-inch-windows-8-latop-129169.html

www.nairaland.com/1803186/new-hp-envy-15k000nia-intel

Core i7 4500u
8 Gb Ram
1366 by 768 resolution
4 Gb GTX 850M
Beats Subwoofer

Not a touchscreen system. The 4 Gb GTX 850M is overkill for a 1366 by 768 resolution. It should handle games out from now till next 4 years.

Currently plays Unity, Advanced Warfare and others in ultra with Anti-aliasing, Ambient Occlusion and others turned on.
im getting this next month or upper by his grace..
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by djbrown15: 10:24pm On Apr 18, 2015
swagifted:
4GB nvidia is an expensive component on its own
if your in nigeria it will cost you around 185k... here in gh its 3500cedis relatively equal....
im planning to swap with my dv6 cos i bought it in the same store...i'll just add like 50k or 40k.....its just 2months plus now.... omo that envy 15 na
pure fire ooo.... gtx 850m oboi.... unto the next one
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by swagifted(m): 10:34pm On Apr 18, 2015
djbrown15:

if your in nigeria it will cost you around 185k... here in gh its 3500cedis relatively equal....
im planning to swap with my dv6 cos i bought it in the same store...i'll just add like 50k or 40k.....its just 2months plus now.... omo that envy 15 na
pure fire ooo.... gtx 850m oboi.... unto the next one

as far its laptop..I don't gbadu it for gaming ( unless for d fact of its mobility) the wisest thing is buy parts ..assemble your rig...hook it up to a decent 1080p TV via HDMI...ur friends with PS4 and xbox1 will be on par with u or below...
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by islops(m): 12:51am On Apr 19, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
U already dloaded the game? 60gig! Na u o

I downloaded the 38gb own damn game at least I'm consoled with mkx
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 3:32am On Apr 19, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Yes na. If $1=4 naira i'd save up and buy almost all games on Origin

lol 4cedis is 400 naira ooo....if i havent gotten it wrong dat is.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 19, 2015
kimco:

www.moddingway.com/news/6095.html
thanks guys..I'll check it out soon
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 20, 2015
kimco:

lol 4cedis is 400 naira ooo....if i havent gotten it wrong dat is.
1cedi=52naira. I find it hard to believe the naira has more value than the cedi according to this
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 6:50pm On Apr 20, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
1cedi=52naira. I find it hard to believe the naira has more value than the cedi according to this

The exchange rate of one currency to another doesn't determine its value bro, whereas buying stuff in dollars in Nigeria requires you exchange directly, in the case of cedis, the same price is actually multiplied, according to Kimco by three.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 6:56pm On Apr 20, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
To the best of my knowledge, if ur internet speed is too slow, say if ur average speed is below 1Mbps, ur PING ll be too high, which also means ur LATENCY will be high. Ur game ll take longer to communicate with servers and therefore result in ur game lagging even if ur PC meets the recommended specs of the game. And true logging into Origin everytime i want to play even in offline mode can be annoying. angry

I had the same internet problems and i had to change ISPs a couple of times when i realised using my MTN modem was not enough to game online.

I played a couple of Ghanians online so i thought one of em could ve been u. Thats why i asked.

As for been broke, no be only u o sad Na God go provide smiley

That is actually not what ping is, your ping doesn't really have anything to do with your speed. What your ping is is how long it takes for your say router to connect to your network server, if your ping is low and say you start a download, you see it begin immediately but with a higher ping, your connection seems to "lag" before the download actually starts. So in online gaming, longer pings translate to gaming lags whereas your actions only happen after a few seconds of actually applying them.
You were right on the second part though, higher pings lead to lags.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 2:37pm On Apr 21, 2015
dazekid:

The exchange rate of one currency to another doesn't determine its value bro, whereas buying stuff in dollars in Nigeria requires you exchange directly, in the case of cedis, the same price is actually multiplied, according to Kimco by three.

exactly....it's 4tyms btw.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 2:40pm On Apr 21, 2015
AdeLaNa1:

so even tho 4cedis= 208 naira...to the dollar it's 4 tyms the cedis. and it's easier to gain a dollar in the usa dan gain a cedi in ghana. goes to show you.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 2:43pm On Apr 21, 2015
dazekid:

That is actually not what ping is, your ping doesn't really have anything to do with your speed. What your ping is is how long it takes for your say router to connect to your network server, if your ping is low and say you start a download, you see it begin immediately but with a higher ping, your connection seems to "lag" before the download actually starts. So in online gaming, longer pings translate to gaming lags whereas your actions only happen after a few seconds of actually applying them.
You were right on the second part though, higher pings lead to lags.

okay...more education. always a gud thing.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 22, 2015
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 27, 2015
Black Ops 3 PC Specs:
Minimum PC Specs

CPU: Intel Core i3-530 2.93 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 810 2.60 GHz
System RAM: 6GB
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 470 1GB / ATi Radeon HD 6970 1GB
Hard Drive Space: TBA
DirectX11

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/26/black-ops-3-minimum-pc-specs-revealed

Specs look reasonable.... undecided
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 9:01pm On Apr 27, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Black Ops 3 PC Specs:
Minimum PC Specs

DirectX11

The most reasonabĀ£e one yet.

Other pc gamers actually believe that if a game doesn't require extremely heavy hardware (980 gtx and 970) for ultra at 1080p then they aren't using the pc hardware well enough. I'm starting to hate pc gaming, I tell u.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by swagifted(m): 10:28pm On Apr 27, 2015
kimco:

The most reasonabĀ£e one yet.

Other pc gamers actually believe that if a game doesn't require extremely heavy hardware (980 gtx and 970) for ultra at 1080p then they aren't using the pc hardware well enough. I'm starting to hate pc gaming, I tell u.
its called "next gen".. Which is tallying with pS4 and xbox one...unless u want to be playing ps3 grade games on ur pc...980 gtx and co are built to imitate the PS4 and Xbox one capability on PC...lol..change is expensive especially if u want to be up to date...du u know how much it will cost u to build a pc that can handle the new batman at ultra?? Over 200K...(Where as a PS4 retails for half or less)...just a 4gig nvidia graphics card is like $500 or more ...(Which is a benchmark for 4K gaming) and yeah u neeed a 4K tv to push out those pictures...4K TV's are exxppeennssiivvee!!!!! The new bat man sef their minimum processor na core i5...hw is core i5 minimum biko...which means days of core i3 are numbered sef...to cut long story short...cut your coat to your size..
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by swagifted(m): 10:31pm On Apr 27, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Black Ops 3 PC Specs:
Minimum PC Specs

DirectX11

the reason am so happy about this game is that their is a local network multi player mode...although its just for two players and its for campaign...olohun no be everybody get money for broadband biko
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 10:53pm On Apr 27, 2015
swagifted:
its called "next gen".. Which is tallying with pS4 and xbox one...unless u want to be playing ps3 grade games on ur pc...980 gtx and co are built to imitate the PS4 and Xbox one capability on PC...lol..change is expensive especially if u want to be up to date...du u know how much it will cost u to build a pc that can handle the new batman at ultra?? Over 200K...(Where as a PS4 retails for half or less)...just a 4gig nvidia graphics card is like $500 or more ...(Which is a benchmark for 4K gaming) and yeah u neeed a 4K tv to push out those pictures...4K TV's are exxppeennssiivvee!!!!! The new bat man sef their minimum processor na core i5...hw is core i5 minimum biko...which means days of core i3 are numbered sef...to cut long story short...cut your coat to your size..

Dear sir...an r270x and a 7870 hd card is much powerful than the gpu in ps4. So don't exaggerate. The 980 gtx and 970 gtx are the first full dx 12 capable cards out now, oh and the 960gtx too. The ones in the ps4 are partially capable. The cpu combined are still weak against the i3 at 3.4ghz even. Those specs are either inflated or the games are poorly optimised. Nothing to do with next gen. Besides tell me, what has next gen games done dat make them so much better except lighting techniques and bigger textures that have only resulted in bigger games? Can u honestly tell me that the diff between last gen and this gen is like dat of ps2 - ps3/xbox 360? Don't jux eat stuff up man...

And oh 4gb for 4k? I don't think so. 2k at ultra eats 4gb up like no tomorrow.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 8:16am On Apr 28, 2015
swagifted:

I call utter bullshit, there are $400 gaming PC's built to be more powerful than a ps4 or Xbox one, current gen games are simply being non-optimally ported probably to push sales of higher end hardware not to mention that the ps4 and Xbox one generally only push 720p content. Where you got your 4k info is a complete surprise. Do you even know the specs of the PS4? The specs would generally tally with a core2quad processor and a 3rd Gen core i3 with a less than medium range Nvidia or AMD GPU. Please do research before you come to conclusions based on hype.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by dazekid(m): 8:21am On Apr 28, 2015
kimco:

Dear sir...an r270x and a 7870 hd card is much powerful than the gpu in ps4. So don't exaggerate. The 980 gtx and 970 gtx are the first full dx 12 capable cards out now, oh and the 960gtx too. The ones in the ps4 are partially capable. The cpu combined are still weak against the i3 at 3.4ghz even. Those specs are either inflated or the games are poorly optimised. Nothing to do with next gen. Besides tell me, what has next gen games done dat make them so much better except lighting techniques and bigger textures that have only resulted in bigger games? Can u honestly tell me that the diff between last gen and this gen is like dat of ps2 - ps3/xbox 360? Don't jux eat stuff up man...

And oh 4gb for 4k? I don't think so. 2k at ultra eats 4gb up like no tomorrow.

Truu.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by swagifted(m): 8:39am On Apr 28, 2015
dazekid:

I call utter bullshit, there are $400 gaming PC's built to be more powerful than a ps4 or Xbox one, current gen games are simply being non-optimally ported probably to push sales of higher end hardware not to mention that the ps4 and Xbox one generally only push 720p content. Where you got your 4k info is a complete surprise. Do you even know the specs of the PS4? The specs would generally tally with a core2quad processor and a 3rd Gen core i3 with a less than medium range Nvidia or AMD GPU. Please do research before you come to conclusions based on hype.
pls list the components of a $400 gaming pc (and dia prices) that can match the PS4 or xbox one

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (71) (Reply)

Football Manager Handheld 2015 Is Out! / HELP: Gaming Enquires / Updates And News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.