Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,824 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? - Gaming (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? (183168 Views)

What Pc Game Are You Playing? / Want To Swap You Game For Another. Enter Here / Hi Guys, What Pc Or Laptop Model Do I Need To Play Pc Version Of Ps3 And Xbox360 Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 30, 2015
This Star Wars: Battlefront looks like its gon be the real deal
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ebukav(m): 11:17pm On Aug 31, 2015
kimco:

Very good.

last bit tho jux want to say that it happens on consoles too. to play the new uncharted u need a ps4 therefore a ps3 would be obsolete. same with a gaming pc. its the elitists who want the latest and newest. hope you're not one.

Guy abeg wat can of pc can I get with a budget of 80 to 110k to enjoy a Good gaming experience tanx.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by islops(m): 1:21am On Sep 01, 2015
the correct link.....Get your copy of GemaZElite Magazine here for FREE https://drive.google.com/uc?ezxport=download&id=0B5KxHqLLuaeyY2UyT2R4cGZFTU0
Also follow us and leave your comments on facebook https://www.facebook.com/cybergamegears?ref=hl
and leave your comments on twitter @KeEp_iT_ReEL

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by islops(m): 1:26am On Sep 01, 2015
ebukav:

Guy abeg wat can of pc can I get with a budget of 80 to 110k to enjoy a Good gaming experience tanx.

Guy my advice is for you to get a London used high end pc I don't know where your staying but where ever you are there should be good places you can get a correct laptop that will be perfect for gaming at that price. I got one last week for 80k, it was a pavilion 15 amd A10 with dual graphics 3gb dedicated very cool, tested battlefield 4 and GTA v on it and they both played very smoothly. So that's my own opinion

2 Likes

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ladokuntlad(m): 9:38pm On Sep 01, 2015
ebukav:

As mai guy ^^^^ rightly said
wil advice u get a fairly used(London used or hand to hand) system at dat price (70-100k enuf)

Dell alienware m14
modern dell latitude (17.3inches)
pavilion envy series
Lenovo y series
dell xps

all solid at dat price range
bt ensure dey av a dedicated graphics of atleast 2gb ram(90k will suit ur taste)
Ikeja/computer village will b mai best advice
And check the technology section sellers by searching for d laptop model in d search box..

I personally use a Lenovo t420 1gb dedicated core i7 though old bt plays all modern games at worst low details and I got it for 60k
So bro take the pain to look for a good choice and DONT EVER BE IN A HASTE to buy any electronics

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by natelo007: 10:48pm On Sep 01, 2015
Processor type Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 Processor speed 2000.0 MHz Display Display size 15.4 inches Resolution 1280 x 800 pixels External Monitor Interface Integrated Vertical Resolution 800 Graphics Graphics Type Integrated Primary Graphics Chipset Intel 965 Express Storage Drive size 120.0 GB so what do i need to know brotherz pls no yab we ar one
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 11:13pm On Sep 01, 2015
tziz:

Hw long has urs lasted?
My problem wit dose cheap Pc controllers is dt they jst suddenly get spoilt for no cause. Nt durable at all..

True, so you know what I did? I bout a usb to dualshock adapter and I bought original dual shock 1 and 2 controllers for my self. They are long lasting and simply sweet to use.

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 11:16pm On Sep 01, 2015
kenomobola:

Hi there @kimco. Have you seen any specific monitors you want? Can you provide me with some models you're interested in (or lusting after grin), or maybe some general specs, I might be able to help you out. Just hoping it's not a 50" monitor wink.

Oh man thanks for the interest. Been busy with work. Sorry about that. I have indeed found one, but the price isn't cheap also I haven't been able to sell my monitor yet . What do you have in mind?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 11:19pm On Sep 01, 2015
ladokuntlad:

Light usage 32" with surround 5.1 theatre
medium usage 40" with surround 5.1 theatre
power game usage(addict) 50inches with surround 7.1 theatre

On pc? Because tvs are not that great for fighters and fps compared to monitors. What of monitors ladokun? What sizes do you recommend?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 11:23pm On Sep 01, 2015
ebukav:

I'm in Ghana and so if you are Nigerian and need a computer you can contact the others here ( I believe I'm the only foreigner living outside naija in here). I can only help you with the specs you should get, that's all. I cannot even convert the naira properly.

I see you got a great response from islop. Ff and u'll be fine.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 11:26pm On Sep 01, 2015
natelo007:
Processor type Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 Processor speed 2000.0 MHz Display Display size 15.4 inches Resolution 1280 x 800 pixels External Monitor Interface Integrated Vertical Resolution 800 Graphics Graphics Type Integrated Primary Graphics Chipset Intel 965 Express Storage Drive size 120.0 GB so what do i need to know brotherz pls no yab we ar one

You can play all 6th gen and early 7th gen games only. Cos well...it's really old. There are new celeron cpus that are better than that even, CELERONS.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ebukav(m): 1:33am On Sep 02, 2015
islops:

Guy my advice is for you to get a London used high end pc I don't know where your staying but where ever you are there should be good places you can get a correct laptop that will be perfect for gaming at that price. I got one last week for 80k, it was a pavilion 15 amd A10 with dual graphics 3gb dedicated very cool, tested battlefield 4 and GTA v on it and they both played very smoothly. So that's my own opinion

In stay in enugu,
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ebukav(m): 1:44am On Sep 02, 2015
ladokuntlad:

As mai guy ^^^^ rightly said
wil advice u get a fairly used(London used or hand to hand) system at dat price (70-100k enuf)

Dell alienware m14
modern dell latitude (17.3inches)
pavilion envy series
Lenovo y series
dell xps

all solid at dat price range
bt ensure dey av a dedicated graphics of atleast 2gb ram(90k will suit ur taste)
Ikeja/computer village will b mai best advice
And check the technology section sellers by searching for d laptop model in d search box..

I personally use a Lenovo t420 1gb dedicated core i7 though old bt plays all modern games at worst low details and I got it for 60k
So bro take the pain to look for a good choice and DONT EVER BE IN A HASTE to buy any electronics

Guy tanx, bt I don't realy want to get fairly used pc, can corei3 pc play games like fifa and pes cause dats d only games I play
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 1:51am On Sep 02, 2015
ebukav:

Guy tanx, bt I don't realy want to get fairly used pc, can corei3 pc play games like fifa and pes cause dats d only games I play

Why man? Is there something wrong with fairly used lappy? Share ur fears.

Also gaming is highly dependent on the graphics processing unit(gpu) so don't be fooled by the i3s and i5s and i7s. The most important part of the pc (gaming wise) is the gpu and since most of the lappies that are around are equipped with hd graphics (which can't do jack for jill) you are advised to go in for a used a10 lappy like the guys above have stated, given your budget (according to them)
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by akyn85: 2:10am On Sep 02, 2015
twale gurus
pls, i need an urgent advice BTW hp 250 G3 quad core and hp 225 G3 AMD which will run games better?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ebukav(m): 3:05am On Sep 02, 2015
kimco:

Why man? Is there something wrong with fairly used lappy? Share ur fears.

Also gaming is highly dependent on the graphics processing unit(gpu) so don't be fooled by the i3s and i5s and i7s. The most important part of the pc (gaming wise) is the gpu and since most of the lappies that are around are equipped with hd graphics (which can't do jack for jill) you are advised to go in for a used a10 lappy like the guys above have stated, given your budget (according to them)

Tanx bro, I get u bt d problem is will I get a gud one dat will nt give me trouble later on, d pc is nt solely 4 gaming, skul work and other stuff, am confused
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 3:09am On Sep 02, 2015
ebukav:

Tanx bro, I get u bt d problem is will I get a gud one dat will nt give me trouble later on, d pc is nt solely 4 gaming, skul work and other stuff, am confused

Which is ur priority? And what kind of school work will you use it for?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ladokuntlad(m): 8:08am On Sep 02, 2015
kimco:

On pc? Because tvs are not that great for fighters and fps compared to monitors. What of monitors ladokun? What sizes do you recommend?
Not a fan of monitors
maybe if u can grab one of those apple monitors
24inches I think will b d standard
or hp with clear back/retina display
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ladokuntlad(m): 8:12am On Sep 02, 2015
ebukav:

yeah
a core i3 3rd generation upward (i.e core i3-3****) will definitely play fifa 15 bt will advice u get a system with dedicated graphics
if core i3 is ur choice den u spend less
70k to b precise for a
HP-2000 core i3-3*** laptop
6gb ram
750hdd
ensure ur core I series is atleast-- 3000 upward i.e 3rd generation upward pls don't go for d 2nd generation
u can look for dat in the task manager in windows 8 above
or system information in *this pc* or by search bar
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ladokuntlad(m): 8:13am On Sep 02, 2015
akyn85:
twale gurus

pls, i need an urgent advice
BTW hp 250 G3 quad core and hp 225 G3 AMD
which will run games better?
definitely d quad core naa
bt of wich generation
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by akyn85: 10:53am On Sep 02, 2015
ladokuntlad:

definitely d quad core naa
bt of wich generation

it's four generation. but someone said the AMD is better adapted for running games than Intel HD graphics
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kenomobola(m): 11:02am On Sep 02, 2015
kimco:

Oh man thanks for the interest. Been busy with work. Sorry about that. I have indeed found one, but the price isn't cheap also I haven't been able to sell my monitor yet . What do you have in mind?

So, which monitor have you set your eyes on?
What price does it retail for?
What's your budget?
And what monitor specs are you particular about?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kenomobola(m): 11:27am On Sep 02, 2015
natelo007:

This system will definitely drive you to tears. You definitely need an upgrade.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by tziz(m): 3:07pm On Sep 02, 2015
kimco:

True, so you know what I did? I bout a usb to dualshock adapter and I bought original dual shock 1 and 2 controllers for my self. They are long lasting and simply sweet to use.
Hmm, sounds nice! Wonder where i cn get dt adapter over here. I'll luv to see a pic, pls cn u snap it n upload here?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 4:26pm On Sep 02, 2015
tziz:

Hmm, sounds nice! Wonder where i cn get dt adapter over here. I'll luv to see a pic, pls cn u snap it n upload here?

Well this is the problem, just like the controllers the adaptor is also quite weak. Only saving grace is that only the wire is weak, so you can resolder another proper usb wire to it. All my soldering hammers/irons are broke now so the adapter is in an unfit state. It shouldn't be hard to find even in naija I'm sure. I'll try looking around for you.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 4:43pm On Sep 02, 2015
kenomobola:

So, which monitor have you set your eyes on?
What price does it retail for?
What's your budget?
And what monitor specs are you particular about?

One dell ips screen. 24"(forgot the model number) not new, you can't find anything hardcore pc new in Ghana. It's 500gh. Divide it by 4 and get the value in dollars. I'm tempted to get a panasonic plasma 32".
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kenomobola(m): 5:07pm On Sep 02, 2015
kimco:

One dell ips screen. 24"(forgot the model number) not new, you can't find anything hardcore pc new in Ghana. It's 500gh. Divide it by 4 and get the value in dollars. I'm tempted to get a panasonic plasma 32".

I thought you were looking for a new monitor, however, if you really want a monitor; your best bet would be to import it (From USA). The only snag would be the shipping cost because it would cost approximately $50 - $80 to ship a 24" monitor to my end. I guess you might be better off with the Panasonic plasma.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ladokuntlad(m): 6:09pm On Sep 02, 2015
akyn85:

it's four generation. but someone said the AMD is better adapted for running games than Intel HD graphics
it aint a core2quad den
bt wil stil advice d quad core if its a core i series shaa
intel hd graphics sstill has some hidden juice in it.
dnt let d 32mb video memory deceive u...
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 6:18pm On Sep 02, 2015
kenomobola:

I thought you were looking for a new monitor, however, if you really want a monitor; your best bet would be to import it (From USA). The only snag would be the shipping cost because it would cost approximately $50 - $80 to ship a 24" monitor to my end. I guess you might be better off with the Panasonic plasma.

It'll cost more to import actually, like 3x more. I have to make do with the panny plasma

Besides 32" of rich natural colors which beats even the best ips screens is always a good thing. Only problem is the burn ins.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ebukav(m): 12:49am On Sep 03, 2015
kimco:

Which is ur priority? And what kind of school work will you use it for?

Am a law student, mostly typing, researching and editing.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by ebukav(m): 12:54am On Sep 03, 2015
ladokuntlad:

yeah
a core i3 3rd generation upward (i.e core i3-3****) will definitely play fifa 15 bt will advice u get a system with dedicated graphics
if core i3 is ur choice den u spend less
70k to b precise for a
HP-2000 core i3-3*** laptop
6gb ram
750hdd
ensure ur core I series is atleast-- 3000 upward i.e 3rd generation upward pls don't go for d 2nd generation
u can look for dat in the task manager in windows 8 above
or system information in *this pc* or by search bar

Tanx bro, can hp 250 g3 do
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by akyn85: 1:34am On Sep 03, 2015
ladokuntlad:
it aint a core2quad den bt wil stil advice d quad core if its a core i series shaa intel hd graphics sstill has some hidden juice in it. dnt let d 32mb video memory deceive u...
woow. thanks a lot. I appreciate mehn

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (71) (Reply)

Football Manager Handheld 2015 Is Out! / HELP: Gaming Enquires / Updates And News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.