Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,931 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Bishop oyedepo Banned From Entering The UK Over Church Corruption - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bishop oyedepo Banned From Entering The UK Over Church Corruption (4655 Views)

Police Prevents Wike And Amaechi From Entering Mile One Police Station (Pics) / Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb / Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop oyedepo Banned From Entering The UK Over Church Corruption by Valto(m): 9:27am On Oct 17, 2014
The UK Home Office has banned flamboyant Nigerian pastor, Bishop David Oyedepo, from entering Britain, a British government source told SaharaReporters. Mr. Oyedepo is known as the general overseer of the Living Faith Church Worldwide, otherwise known as Winners Chapel. Headquartered in Ota, Ogun State, the church has branches in numerous parts of the world, including the UK and US.
Bishop David Oyedepo
According to the source, the ban arose from preliminary investigations by Britain’s Charity Commission that determined that monies donated to Bishop Oyedepo’s church for charitable purposes were funneled to Nigeria to fund the preacher’s flamboyant lifestyle.
Bishop Oyedepo owns a plush private jet and has a fleet of expensive cars, among many other astonishing personal assets.
Bishop Oyedepo was barred from entering the United Kingdom in July. However, when SaharaReporters contacted Nicola Kelly, a press officer at the immigration desk at the UK Home Office, she declined to comment on the case.
The same day, our reporter spoke to one Emmanuel Igban, a media aide to Bishop Oyedepo, but he denied that the high-flying preacher had been banned.
But our British source asserted that Bishop Oyedepo and one of his sons had been aware of the probe of church finances for at least three years now. He added that the probe was triggered afterthe British Charity Commission found out that the wealthy pastor had taken out more than £16 million from the UK since 2009. He added that the commission closely monitors any repatriation of church resources, disclosing that any repatriation of funds of that size was most likely illegal.
According to the source, Bishop Oyedepo claimed that he was running a not-for-profit religious organization, “but the commission determined that he was diverting funds to engage in a series of profitable ventures.”
Bishop Oyedepo, who recently turned 60, is believed to be Nigeria’s richest pastor and is widely regarded as one of the richest televangelists in the world.
The UK government has distributed notices warning airlines that operate flights to the UK not carry the bishop.
Mr. Oyedepo’s private jet is also barred from entering the UK airspace with him on board.
A few years ago, Bishop Oyedepo provoked international outrage when videotapes of one of his church events showed him slapping a teenage girl he accused of being a witch. In the face of mounting criticism, including calls for his arrest for assaulting a minor, Mr. Oyedepo boasted that he would slap the “witch” again

[url]saharareporters.com/2014/10/16/bishop-oyedepo-banned-entering-uk-over-church-corruption[/url]

1 Like

Re: Bishop oyedepo Banned From Entering The UK Over Church Corruption by valmunich(m): 9:35am On Oct 17, 2014
Is this still news
Re: Bishop oyedepo Banned From Entering The UK Over Church Corruption by PapiWata: 9:40am On Oct 17, 2014
He should buy a large parcel of land in the UK countryside, build his own airport, call it God's Portal, and thereafter land his private luxury jet there, after declaring independence from Britain so as to impose himself as President-for-Life of the British Republic of God's Portal.

Let NO mere mortal speaketh in anger against ANY miracle pastor rides a private jet, for WITH that jet, the pastor speaketh with Jesus. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop oyedepo Banned From Entering The UK Over Church Corruption by Valto(m): 9:53am On Oct 17, 2014
PapiWata:
He should buy a large parcel of land in the UK countryside, build his own airport, call it God's Portal, and thereafter land his private luxury jet there, after declaring independence from Britain so as to impose himself as President-for-Life of the British Republic of God's Portal.

Let NO mere mortal speaketh in anger against ANY miracle pastor rides a private jet, for WITH that jet, the pastor speaketh with Jesus. Amen.
what is this one saying
Re: Bishop oyedepo Banned From Entering The UK Over Church Corruption by MrTAnonymous(m): 9:57am On Oct 17, 2014
I don't really fancy this Oyedepo's lifestyle.
A pastor for Christ sake owing 4 private jets for what when majority of your members sits and dine with abject poverty.
Smh
Re: Bishop oyedepo Banned From Entering The UK Over Church Corruption by MrTAnonymous(m): 10:02am On Oct 17, 2014
Corruption in politics even in the house of God.
Re: Bishop oyedepo Banned From Entering The UK Over Church Corruption by bolaino(m): 10:04am On Oct 17, 2014
PapiWata:

Amen, and Amen, Thus saith The Lord of hosts of Private Jets.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop oyedepo Banned From Entering The UK Over Church Corruption by PapiWata: 10:11am On Oct 17, 2014
bolaino:
Amen, and Amen, Thus saith The Lord of hosts of Private Jets.

I covet not mine neighbor's 4 private jets, for even more fabulous riches and wenches await in Heaven all who payeth GENEROUS tithes via The Lord's Right Hand Man, every Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Bishop oyedepo Banned From Entering The UK Over Church Corruption by bolaino(m): 10:17am On Oct 17, 2014
PapiWata:

I covet not mine neighbor's 4 private jets, for even more fabulous riches and wenches await in Heaven all who payeth GENEROUS tithes via The Lord's Right Hand Man, every Sunday.
Hear Ye, Hear Ye, All Ye that dwell in Buckingham palace, The windsor Family will Rule and Go, but my Private Jets will Live forever. Thus saith the lord of hosts of Private Jets.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop oyedepo Banned From Entering The UK Over Church Corruption by Valto(m): 10:27am On Oct 17, 2014
^^^^Clowns on rampage cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Bishop oyedepo Banned From Entering The UK Over Church Corruption by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 17, 2014
Papiwater and Bolaino, grin grin grin grin Walahi una no well sayeth the lord of hosts of private jets

6 Likes

Re: Bishop oyedepo Banned From Entering The UK Over Church Corruption by Valto(m): 11:43am On Oct 17, 2014
Dont touch my tithes and do my private jets no harm. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Bishop oyedepo Banned From Entering The UK Over Church Corruption by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 17, 2014
Is it better to preach the gospel and remain broke? or Have enough resources to spread the messages across the world?

What stops all you blasphermers from acquiring your own private jets like the Bishop did?? Nor be 1 head una get like am?

The British Govt is only angry because Bishop Oyedepo refused to play to their hypocracy, rather he invested heavily in Nigeria, created Job and competition in the private education industry. Even if he used his church funds to build those institutions, isn't he the one who worked hard for it

Listen guys, if he buys 10 private jets, it should be a motivation to all you broke asses,... study his teachings and you will understand how God blesses people, just like he said "POVERTY IS A CURSE"... Click here to watch this video then crucify me later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDNjIkRPE4w
Re: Bishop oyedepo Banned From Entering The UK Over Church Corruption by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 17, 2014
......but OP, this is stale gist.

1 Like

Re: Bishop oyedepo Banned From Entering The UK Over Church Corruption by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 17, 2014
great1:
Is it better to preach the gospel and remain broke? or Have enough resources to spread the messages across the world?

What stops all you blasphermers from acquiring your own private jets like the Bishop did?? Nor be 1 head una get like am?

The British Govt is only angry because Bishop Oyedepo refused to play to their hypocracy, rather he invested heavily in Nigeria, created Job and competition in the private education industry. Even if he used his church funds to build those institutions, isn't he the one who worked hard for it

Listen guys, if he buys 10 private jets, it should be a motivation to all you broke asses,... study his teachings and you will understand how God blesses people, just like he said "POVERTY IS A CURSE"... Click here to watch this video then crucify me later
who is this one? so you've also been hypnotised........ DELUSION OF REFERENCE

1 Like

Re: Bishop oyedepo Banned From Entering The UK Over Church Corruption by Valto(m): 12:16pm On Oct 17, 2014
great1:

Listen guys, if he buys 10 private jets, it should be a motivation to all you broke asses,... study his teachings and you will understand how God blesses people, just like he said "POVERTY IS A CURSE"... Click here to watch this video then crucify me later...
brainwashed brethren

3 Likes

Re: Bishop oyedepo Banned From Entering The UK Over Church Corruption by Valto(m): 12:18pm On Oct 17, 2014
great1:

Listen guys, if he buys 10 private jets, it should be a motivation to all you broke asses,... study his teachings and you will understand how God blesses people, just like he said "POVERTY IS A CURSE"... Click here to watch this video then crucify me later ..
u are quite a brainwashed deluded brethren.
Re: Bishop oyedepo Banned From Entering The UK Over Church Corruption by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 17, 2014
olrotimi:
who is this one? so you've also been hypnotised........ DELUSION OF REFERENCE

I'm not a member of his church...

But when you search deep within yourselves, you will discover that you too can live even a better life than the Bishop if you follow the right principles...
Re: Bishop oyedepo Banned From Entering The UK Over Church Corruption by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 17, 2014
Valto:
brainwashed brethren

whats the definition of brainwash whats real to you? Poverty or Wealth?? search your heart before condemning someone who has walked with God all his life..
Re: Bishop oyedepo Banned From Entering The UK Over Church Corruption by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 17, 2014
Valto:
u are quite a brainwashed deluded brethren.

you seem more brainwashed than I imagined. I speak of what I know is fact, where do you get your facts from bitterness? awwww kpele
Re: Bishop oyedepo Banned From Entering The UK Over Church Corruption by publicenemy(m): 12:30pm On Oct 17, 2014
This is why i dont pay tithes in these rich churches, i"d rather give to beggers or pay it to young and upcoming churches.
Re: Bishop oyedepo Banned From Entering The UK Over Church Corruption by EddyNumerouno(m): 12:51pm On Oct 17, 2014
great1:

you seem more brainwashed than I imagined. I speak of what I know is fact, where do you get your facts from bitterness? awwww kpele
Errm, with all ur love for him, where is ur private jet?
Re: Bishop oyedepo Banned From Entering The UK Over Church Corruption by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 17, 2014
great1:

I'm not a member of his church...

But when you search deep within yourselves, you will discover that you too can live even a better life than the Bishop if you follow the right principles...
my friend, you dont need to be a member of his church to believe in what he does. but wait o, i thought the bible said something like "let ur moderation be known to all men" , which part of the bible talks about poverty bieng a curse(in context)? does the same bible teach us to acquire & accumulate wealth in a rat race to be the richest? maybe like the Jehova's wickedness witness, the bibles some of us read has been edited to suit our vain desires.
Re: Bishop oyedepo Banned From Entering The UK Over Church Corruption by Dereformer(m): 12:54pm On Oct 17, 2014
great1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDNjIkRPE4w

Lies from the pit of hell. Poverty is not curse, it is an experience.

I wonder why many have not realized that they are being scammed in most of these prosperity preaching churches.

Your pastor tells you to invest your money in heaven by giving for the work of God. Yet he buys houses in choice locations in dubai, london, abuja etc.

I still have not seen any body answer my simple question of how many winners chaple members can afford to live like Oyedepo.

Collecting from the poor in whatever guise to enrich yourself is not only callous but also evil.

I only blame the gullible.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop oyedepo Banned From Entering The UK Over Church Corruption by Gbawe: 12:58pm On Oct 17, 2014
Oyedepo is no man of God. I only pity the herded folks who made this fraudster filthy rich.

4 Likes

Re: Bishop oyedepo Banned From Entering The UK Over Church Corruption by anonimi: 1:01pm On Oct 17, 2014
Gbawe:
Oyedepo is no man of God. I only pity the herded folks who made this fraudster filthy rich.

I am sure same can be said for a drug money launderer who parades himself as progreTHIEF opposition leader, not so

1 Like

Re: Bishop oyedepo Banned From Entering The UK Over Church Corruption by tonytony208(m): 1:04pm On Oct 17, 2014
PapiWata:

pls shut your stvpid mouth up. How many mules, donkeys or horses did Jesus own when He was on earth in the flesh. Doesnt the Holy Bible emphasise on modesty? Now mr. Eediot, show me the part of oyedepo's conduct that imitates modesty.
Re: Bishop oyedepo Banned From Entering The UK Over Church Corruption by skyfall: 1:07pm On Oct 17, 2014
That's good.
Re: Bishop oyedepo Banned From Entering The UK Over Church Corruption by unanonso(m): 1:08pm On Oct 17, 2014
Valto:
what is this one saying

I no know
Re: Bishop oyedepo Banned From Entering The UK Over Church Corruption by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 17, 2014
Many of us christians have become a fan of our pastors, seeing them as the epitome of the christian faith, forgetting that The bible that said "looking unto jesus, the author & finisher of our faith" is the Living Word of God,& is not changed by time and circumstance. We behave like football fans who xpend their all to cheer on their idols who go on to make their millions per week while the fans go back home hungry. Pathetic..

1 Like

Re: Bishop oyedepo Banned From Entering The UK Over Church Corruption by PapiWata: 1:09pm On Oct 17, 2014
tonytony208:

pls shut your stvpid mouth up. How many mules, donkeys or horses did Jesus own when He was on earth in the flesh. Doesnt the Holy Bible emphasise on modesty? Now mr. Eediot, show me the part of oyedepo's conduct that imitates modesty.

Relax dude. Oyedepo is a well known money-launderer, whose sideline is scamming the poor out of their food money, in order to finance his billionaire lifestyle.

Obviously you did not notice that I was joking when you quoted my post.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop oyedepo Banned From Entering The UK Over Church Corruption by ilenaira: 1:18pm On Oct 17, 2014
PapiWata:

Relax dude. Oyedepo is a well known money-launderer, whose sideline is scamming the poor out of their food money, in order to finance his billionaire lifestyle.

Obviously you did not notice that I was joking when you quoted my post.

No need to apologise PapiWata, some people are so up themselves they don't recognise sarcasm or piss-take when they see it undecided. carry on jare.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

#buharideathsquad Now Trending - Photos / Amaechi Lost His Senatorial District / How Ojukwu's Father,Sir Ojukwu, Helped Defeat Germany In World War 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.