Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,223 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

The 5man Crew - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The 5man Crew (9850 Views)

Motivating Crew / Write Stories,poems,article And Become A NW Blogger...join The Crew Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 9:26am On Nov 04, 2014
CHAPTER 13

*******CARNAGE***** ***

In moments of anger and fear, adrenaline takes over. What happens when its absent?

My muscles were tensed up, my hair standing on ends, the blood flowing very close to my skin, the venom took over. With a very swift move, i punched a hole in body of the guard behind me, grabbed the other by the head and crushed his skull. I charged at Ferb, he dodged me allowing me to hit the guards in front. Tyne broke loose and used his gun to take out the remaining guards.

Good job, ferb congratulated me. I looked at my skin, it was pale like death's my flesh was getting harder like bones, and an exoskeleton had grown on my back. What had attacked me earlier own must have being carrying the sporite venom which was also known as the last resort when you are all out in the battlefield.

I looked stern at Ferb who was content on his actions as the alarms went of. I made a clearing in the wall to our right, this brought us to the 'greenhouse'. it was full of exotic and prehistoric fauna from about 175,000 years ago. It looked tranquil.

We got some life support vest in a storage nearby. We were tired, and hungry, but rest was the last on our minds. I stood up and walked around to find anything helpful. We were without our guns and we were extremely vulnerable. I made a clearing in between some nesiba plants. I was met with shock.

I was in a daze unable to move or speak. The guys noticed it and rushed up to me. I pointed in the direction I was staring at.

"we can't take that" the guys said in unison,
"we've got not enough firepower". Ferb said

Three Nightmares were charing at us.
Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 12:52pm On Nov 05, 2014
CHAPTER 14

***********race to oblivion **************

They were different this time, like an evolution. They had thorny and scaly bodies, thyey moved on all fours and were 9ft high. The fear had left us, when we needed it the most.
I looked around the glass house, looking for anything useful but couldn't find any. We hurdled away from the window in cinematic fashion. I prayed they didn't know our location, i was wrong.

The first one broke the windows of the glasshouse and started searching for us, the other followed suite all moving in different directions. All isles containing plants were classed using D-Decimal classification, we were at as567. One of them was hovering above us like a spaceship while we lay under the isles like lumber. I spotted a manhole at the end of the glasshouse., if we could get there we'd probably be safe. We needed a distraction and we needed it now.

5mins past still working on a decision then i heard the whirring of a helicopter above us. It was a class 3 ultran meaning it was packed full with firepower. The creatures started retreating but the helicopter didn't, it's planning was to destroy the glasshouse with missiles. We immediately hurried out of our hiding places as soon as we heard the sound of a launch. I got to the manhole and forced it open as the first one hit, Ferb jumped in, followed by Tyne then i hopped in. We could hear the glasshouse shatter above us.

We landed inside a dark room, it seemed empty, i felt around for a light switch and found it. We were in a trains tunnel shaft it was recently completed, probably for this very reason. I nabbed the gun of a guard after slitting his throat we ventured deep into the tunnels walking along the train tracks.

We arrived at what seemed to be a train station. Then the lights began to flick ominously before they went out. "welcome" the cheif said, "time to see what the world truly is"....... TBC

***************Please drop your comments and impressions, they're really helpful *********************
Re: The 5man Crew by 3coins(m): 7:13pm On Nov 05, 2014
following

1 Like

Re: The 5man Crew by emarkson(m): 8:12pm On Nov 05, 2014
following with full attention. nice 1

1 Like

Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 8:40pm On Nov 05, 2014
CHAPTER 15

***************MachineX*********************

The room must have being the size of a standard football stadium, we were being held up in a vertical position with our hands and legs crossed and affixed behind us. Across us several important personnel where watching the demonstration that was wbout to unfold. The room must have being around 79m below the ground, it was reinforced with different metal alloys to keep it impregnable.

Several BEM(Body Enhancements Machine) were lined up i could count 46 of them. They were not being used currently and we were about to find out why. The lights at the stage came on. I immediately recognized the President. FTW came from my lips. The chief spoke up

" Good day everyone, for far too long we have being on the receiving end of the world powers and thanks to all your support that's about to change, I'm pleased to introduce you these new quail fission misiles, made to reach any target on earth. They have being infused with ever reproducing silver lime virus with enough...... ..... . "

" power to destroy the sun? I cut him short. The guys chuckled
"thats correct student of the year" he referenced me "and gentlemen this young man is the reason for the next presentation."

One of the BEM was powered up and tyne began drilling towards it. He was screaming at the top of his lungs i was shattered within my pain returned i could feel my body strengthen and become more stiff, at this state, i could be likened to a velociraptor. The other machines powered up as soon as he got into it

"this is what you've waited for" the chief said estaticly.

After 12 minutes of agonizing screams the machines all opened up releazing several iterations of tyne. He was a monster.

They all towered at 9feet had huge biceps and triceps, the chest had brother adened his face was swollen red and his spine jutted out of his back. His incisors pierced his upper lips his eyes blood shot. He and his several iterations looked around in unison.

" what is this abomination? The President spoke up
Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 8:44pm On Nov 05, 2014
emarkson:
following with full attention. nice 1
makes me feel honored, thanks
Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 8:59pm On Nov 05, 2014
3coins:
following
thanks bro, but why 3 coins?
Re: The 5man Crew by 3coins(m): 9:06pm On Nov 05, 2014
festwiz:
thanks bro, but why 3 coins?
lol...dunno
Re: The 5man Crew by MachineX(m): 9:30pm On Nov 05, 2014
Awesome, Festwiz, I D UR BACK

1 Like

Re: The 5man Crew by AleshKeem(m): 9:48pm On Nov 05, 2014
Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 5:27am On Nov 06, 2014
CHAPTER 16

**********Divepen****************

**********the pen is mightier than the sword, but what if there is no ink?, the pen becomes the sword ***********

"all we wanted was stronger soldiers to last longer during war, not what we have here", the Vietnamese reps spoke up
"but you gave me special permit to create super soldiers and that is what I've just done, moreover this are not your soldiers, they are mine,. Allow me to demonstrate "the chief said, his evil snicker came back. This wasn't good.
Ferb had being trying to undo his lock for long and it seemed to be paying off, while i was busting my stupid self making silly comments.

His right hand came undone as soon as the chief asked what was left of Tyne to attack. All of them immediately started galloping towards us as. An army of soldiers surrounded the complex so any run attempt would spell death. I had to rely on my soon-to-be-deadbody for guidance. They were closing in, half way through to us i summoned strength with my pain returning, i broke my lock and decided the most unusual decision of my life, i charged forward.

Ferb had me covered he immediately jumped down fdom his lock and proceeded to take out the lights by tossing the hunting knife tyne was carrying. This blinded the spectators but not us. I caught tyne by the neck with incredible strength forcing him to the ground. Using my left arm elbow i proceeded to crush his head which was met with extremely fatal resistance. He had me i a griplock with only one hand, i couldn't help but be amazed, ferb had geared up an was taking out the guards as all the spectators scrambled to leave thd premises as quickly as they could.

I was still entangled with tyne when i saw what my addition had caused, their upper spines was soft and was not protected at all. I grabbed it and pulled it out causing him to crash to paralysis. I repeated this for three more, and lost the strength to continue. The area was about to so ferb grabbed me by the neck and rushed me to an elevator shaft. On reaching grounds we found it somewhat deserted. Helicopters lined the sky, but the BEM's down below weren't switched of, churning out around 50 of them in every 12 minutes.

"we have to nuke this place" was well resolved within me, death was home
Re: The 5man Crew by Nobody: 6:52am On Nov 06, 2014
The story is making sense...
I think it would be better if you use punctuation well.There are some places that lacked punctuation, and is making us get another meaning.
Look at 'soon to be dead body' it is a single adjective there so it should have been 'Soon-to-be-dead.
I use to do this to.
You are seems to right some part of it in your mind. You are not writing the words..for example...
'I repeated it for three more...', I want to believe you wanted to say times.

I will recommend this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/1897222/nairaland-e-workshop-writers--last-day
Re: The 5man Crew by Nobody: 6:55am On Nov 06, 2014
That thread will increase your knowlegde in many things.
Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 7:24am On Nov 06, 2014
Divepen:
The story is making sense...
I think it would be better if you use punctuation well.There are some places that lacked punctuation, and is making us get another meaning.
Look at 'soon to be dead body' it is a single adjective there so it should have been 'Soon-to-be-dead.
I use to do this to.
You are seems to right some part of it in your mind. You are not writing the words..for example...
'I repeated it for three more...', I want to believe you wanted to say times.

I will recommend this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/1897222/nairaland-e-workshop-writers--last-day
thank you bro, i have noted them and made corrections. I meant it to mean i repeated it fir three more of the guys the chief had created. Thanks
Re: The 5man Crew by joedejana(m): 3:53pm On Nov 07, 2014
Damn, I love Sci-fi

1 Like

Re: The 5man Crew by joedejana(m): 4:50pm On Nov 07, 2014
Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 5:32pm On Nov 07, 2014
joedejana:
I'm not condemning.
i don't get you bro cry
Re: The 5man Crew by joedejana(m): 5:38pm On Nov 07, 2014
festwiz:
i don't get you bro cry
Your opening post is not eye -catching and there's a repetition. smiley

It's a great article, i'll visit everyday
Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 5:51pm On Nov 07, 2014
joedejana:
Your opening post is not eye -catching and there's a repetition. smiley

It's a great article, i'll visit everyday
thanks, much appreciated please do follow and any tip would be welcome
Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 9:54pm On Nov 07, 2014
CHAPTER 17

***************, Decisions and diversion ***************

***,, war is the ultimate, in order to drop the gun , we must first take up the gun************, ***********

One man down, and it was the two of us left how many were alive we knew not. Education must be the biggest lie in the world, we only chase uncertainties.

Level ground we had arrived facing south, we decided to head for the power station as it operated solely on nuclear power. The generators uses rare radioactive potassium metal in a constant state of fission to turn eighteen turbine shafts, it was designed by JSR engineering the largest engineering group in Africa. We made for some trees as we caught sight of the chief leading a group of men in attack choppers. They were searching for us.

We reached the wire mesh fence used to differentiate control end points of each area. The gates on the far end was held on lock by the soldiers, so we decided to go round the back of the premises. Ferb was ahead me, i turned round to look for tyne and was met with a hush of silence, how sudden. Morrison, joy friends forever was our resolve till when this happened, how was life beyond this? Do we spawn in a different time line or a different planet?

"don't make a sound" ferb gestured to me by pursing his lips. He motioned me closer to get a view of whatever was playing out in front of him. I crawl-walked to him and looked ahead
"so this is how it's going to begin? I asked unconsciously
"seems that way to me" he replied
The nightmares were being loaded unto trucks to be moved out of the Institute and to their purpose of creation, but they looked lifeless. "Something must control them",
"no, not something, someone " he pointed to a familiar figure in the distance.

If this is a dream i wanna wake up from it, i want to go home kiss my mum, hug my dad and love my siblings cause am pretty sure i was losing my mind. She was supposed to be dead.... ... .. TBC Timothy3113
Re: The 5man Crew by Timothy3113(m): 10:03pm On Nov 07, 2014
festwiz:
CHAPTER 17

***************, Decisions and diversion ***************

***,, war is the ultimate, in order to drop the gun , we must first take up the gun************, ***********

One man down, and it was the two of us left how many were alive we knew not. Education must be the biggest lie in the world, we only chase uncertainties.

Level ground we had arrived facing south, we decided to head for the power station as it operated solely on nuclear power. The generators uses rare radioactive potassium metal in a constant state of fission to turn eighteen turbine shafts, it was designed by JSR engineering the largest engineering group in Africa. We made for some trees as we caught sight of the chief leading a group of men in attack choppers. They were searching for us.

We reached the wire mesh fence used to differentiate control end points of each area. The gates on the far end was held on lock by the soldiers, so we decided to go round the back of the premises. Ferb was ahead me, i turned round to look for tyne and was met with a hush of silence, how sudden. Morrison, joy friends forever was our resolve till when this happened, how was life beyond this? Do we spawn in a different time line or a different planet?

"don't make a sound" ferb gestured to me by pursing his lips. He motioned me closer to get a view of whatever was playing out in front of him. I crawl-walked to him and looked ahead
"so this is how it's going to begin? I asked unconsciously
"seems that way to me" he replied
The nightmares were being loaded unto trucks to be moved out of the Institute and to their purpose of creation, but they looked lifeless. "Something must control them",
"no, not something, someone " he pointed to a familiar figure in the distance.

If this is a dream i wanna wake up from it, i want to go home kiss my mum, hug my dad and love my siblings cause am pretty sure i was losing my mind. She was supposed to be dead.... ... .. TBC Timothy3113
d way u dey put person for suspense na only God fit save person from heart attack.

1 Like

Re: The 5man Crew by sconp: 12:37am On Nov 08, 2014
Nice story bro, just work more on punctuations and descriptions, so as to paint a vivid picture.
Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 5:58am On Nov 08, 2014
sconp:
Nice story bro, just work more on punctuations and descriptions, so as to paint a vivid picture.
thank you very much, i will work on that.
Re: The 5man Crew by Psalmwise(m): 3:27am On Nov 09, 2014
innbr read am o Bush I knew say nah better tory
Re: The 5man Crew by Psalmwise(m): 3:28am On Nov 09, 2014
i NVR read am o Buh I knw say nah better tory

1 Like

Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 6:27am On Nov 09, 2014
Psalmwise:
i NVR read am o Buh I knw say nah better tory
please do read it and drop your comments, much appreciated
Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 9:13am On Nov 09, 2014
CHAPTER 18

***************** Memories ****************

*****February 2011***********

The teacher was standing across the classroom just in front and started her yammering. I was privileged to have affluent parents who sent me to the best of school's, this one in particular was st mark's high school, Accra Ghana. It was a biology class and the teacher had started to bore us. Ikenna my best bud since childhood was beside me and he started our regular slandering of teachers we didn't like.

"question ma" ikenna raised his hand
"no questions till after class " Mrs kofo said,
" but this is urgent, it is related to the topic, ma" he retorted
The topic asexual reproduction in plants and animals. His question was going to be witty. "you may go ahead " she replied

He asked a lengthy question as to how possible it was for one to reproduce asexually, she replied in the negative.
Then i told her 'bout her notes which we read online, on how dna could be replicated as many times as possible by getting major structures and samples of a person's internal fluids. When i was done she requested to see both of us after class.

The bell went for recess abd we hurried to her office, she bolted the door and told us not to tell anyone of what we know as the government was after her. She gave us a copy of her original note and told us to protect it at all cost. I handed them over to ikenna as i was staying in the hostel and there was a lot of thievery going on.

The next day during the daily assembly at the "hall of Dominion" it was announced that Mrs kofo had died in an accident, she was my favorite teacher as she inspired me and ikenna's passion towards medical research even though i defaulted.

*********present day*************

She had a thermal vest on and was busy injecting the nightmares with an unidentified fluid. Whatever it was she was doing, i knew she was forced into it. Her three kids at home will be shocked to see her alive.. TBc
Re: The 5man Crew by joedejana(m): 9:20am On Nov 09, 2014
Thrilling, but too SHORT sad cry

1 Like

Re: The 5man Crew by Emmykul4love(m): 11:51am On Nov 09, 2014
Hmmmmmm,do you need more,hmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 12:28pm On Nov 09, 2014
joedejana:
Thrilling, but too SHORT sad cry
sorry bro, i typed in haste, was late for mass
Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 1:45pm On Nov 09, 2014
CHAPTER 19

******** One more time /a **************

We rose from our vantage point to get to the nuclear reactor, while i was thinking of the best way to get to Mrs kofo out of the Institute. I didn't know if to trust her now even if i did before. Twenty minutes later, we had successfully arrived at the emergency exit behind the reactor plant. The door which we had hoped to gain access was sealed from within. Ferb whispered something to me but i could only make out the word "up" while pointing to the sky. I looked in the direction he was pointing to and i could see a satellite phone on the roof of the plant.

We climed to the roof of the 55m tall building in haste to get to the phone. When we reached it we could see several doors lining the rooftop. Our few moments of joy suddenly died as we discovered it could only reach other sat phones tuned to that frequency. There was a helipad but no chopper on it but the lighting signaling nearby choppers was on.

We hurried inside the building and started our decent via the stairs. The temperature was rising, so we grabbed a pair of suits with temperature control to keep us safe. The temperature was north of 230°c and climbing, seems lije the chief had wanted to beat us at our own game. We heard steps behind us as soon as we got to the 3rd floor. We rushed into a dressing room hoping to hide from whoever it was only for her to walk in. "Festus"! She acclaimed, she recognized me outright.

Ferb jumped in to attack her when i stopped him and narrated who she was to me. She expressed joy in seeing me, she told me of how she was forced to create cloning serum before the start of the Institute. It was agreed upon by the west African heads of state. It it wasn't their will to clone people, but to be recognized , it was the Chiefs ploy to begin a third world war.

I assured her i would get her home.

I pulled Ferb to a corner and made him promise me to get her home and take a message to my family.. ..
Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 3:40pm On Nov 09, 2014
The race to a thousand views.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Broken... A Story By Fabzgrace / The Bonny Island Massacre / Chinua Achebe Tops The List Of 40 Most Powerful Celebrities In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.