Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,933 members, 7,828,255 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

The 5man Crew - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The 5man Crew (9855 Views)

Motivating Crew / Write Stories,poems,article And Become A NW Blogger...join The Crew Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 8:20am On Nov 15, 2014
Can't wait for tomorrow, will drop updates today
Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 9:01am On Nov 15, 2014
PART TWO

CHAPTER 23

*****Rebirth*******

"you can't be real" i kept muttering to myself. Everywhere so bright, what are these things? They cannot be "Poltergeists" or angelic bodies those don't exist". One approached me. She was so beautiful.

"welcome back, Festus " she told me. I beamed a smile from my semi conscious state." what do you mean by welcome back?. She faded away and gave me reality.
A pretty lady was standing over me as i lay in a stasis module.

"where am i".? I threw her a question immediately. I looked around, it was a small hut filled with medical equipment.
"don't worry we are all safe, you'll be fine" she replied me.
"we are all? What do you mean by that.? "i asked her.
All in due time was the reply.

She disconnected the oxygen tube connected to the stasis module and opened it up. The air outside was sweeter than honey as i proceeded to fill my lungs with them. I checked my body. It was torn in a lot of places. I raised my hands, my left hand was charred and almost unresponsive. It was a pain to lift, but eventually did.

A man in his mid twenties walked in beaming with smiles as he saw me moving my arms and head.
"Glad you made it Festus, our advance will not be possible without you. ". He looked oddly familiar but couldn't place his face properly.
" how long did i pass out"? I asked him. He flipped through a bunch of papers and said
"hmmm, seven months".

What the ****came from my lips as i proceeded to get up.
"where's my left leg"? I asked. I remembered perfectly.

*******flashback**********

230km/h,as the diesel tank exploded, and flung me in the air, my left leg jamming the pedal was stuck, as my leg got pulled out of my body at a tremendous force.

I didn't feel it then, but i sure as hell felt it now.
"We have to stitch several mechanical components to you to make you fully functional again" the supposed doctor said. "are you okay with this"? He asked me

" I'm not done with my purpose here, so yes, let's do it"

The lady was beaming with smiles at my reply. I don't know her, but she sure as hell knew me. A bunch of folks rushed to the room, all happy to see me or ready for me to get my Xerrcal surgery done. A lady proceeded to give me the anesthetics i needed to pass out, and in a short while, i was in a mild coma.. .... .

Pictures from the past flooded in.

TBC
Re: The 5man Crew by Emmykul4love(m): 9:47am On Nov 15, 2014
So all that was not a dream.
Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 10:32am On Nov 15, 2014
Emmykul4love:
So all that was not a dream.
*in adolf hitlers voice*
Where you expecting it to be?
Re: The 5man Crew by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 15, 2014
Followin wit kin interest.
Re: The 5man Crew by Timothy3113(m): 11:00am On Nov 15, 2014
9ce one festis
Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 11:37am On Nov 15, 2014
Thanks guys, another update go show in the evening.
Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 7:50pm On Nov 15, 2014
CHAPTER 24

********Rejuvenation *********

I opened my eyes after, after the anesthetic was broken. I took in quick breaths with my mouth and exhaled.
"it was a success", the lady said. "I'm very happy to see you in one peice again festus. We really need you, considering what you did to the Institute".
"what do you need me for"? I asked her. She proceeded to bore me with the details

The current government was being run by a new general, as the western presidents had formed an alliance to become a communist state. This had angered the G8,and they wanted war if the ploy was not dissolved.

I knew she must be up to it again, but this time she won't be churning out "nightmares" but the beginning to the end. Albert Einstein's words played in my head

**i know not with what weapons world war III will be fought, but world war IV will be fought with sticks and stones.****

Where was I? I think somewhere in lokoja. There were alot of natives there. They had being stealing equipments from the Institute for a very long time niw so they should have weapons. I thought to myself.

I sat up, and i felt my right side, my ribs were half the number they were supposed to be. My left arm was skinned and series of micron tubes ran through it, forming my muscles. My leg looked like something out of a terminator movie. It felt totally real and responsive. It was made ofcarbon fibres and titanium, it would be very difficult to destroy. I stood up and took a few steps. My spine was fitted with artificial nerves and neurons to send responses to my legs and arm. I was ready.

It was evening time when the guys came to check on me and introduce me to the tribes chief. The doctor, his name was Samuel. I remember now, we fought on the fiirst day of class.

The chief was happy to see me and briefed me on my mission.. .. ...
Re: The 5man Crew by hinohsend: 8:31am On Nov 17, 2014
Good work bro.more power to ur elbow

1 Like

Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 8:36am On Nov 18, 2014
CHAPTER 25

*** the new crew*****

The natives were friendly. The village was filled with students who had escaped the onslaught. Many of them had no intention of leaving as the nation was now in turmoil. I knew how to save it, i knew who to send to hell for betraying my trust and loyalty. 63 students were in the village, but few had the courage to join me.

Meet the new crew**************

Mary - The girl who kept smiling at me. She was also bio-weapons research, but i didn't notice her at all throughout our classes together. Her parents were dead and her aunt was all she had left. She was willing to go the length with me. Maybe she was insane or lovestruck.

Samuel - This guy was under Genetic reconstruction and advances(same department as joy). We stayed in the same dorm room, but we've never really being friends. He was going to save his family just like i was, but our paths were similar, but different.

Pkela - A native of the village. He was an expert hunter, very proficient in the use of the bow and arrow. His body had been scarred severely from several wild hunts. He seemed cool.

The chief brought the four of us into his quarters and proceeded to open a very large chest. It was filled to the brim with plasma canons, CB radios, one mini laptop and several tubes containing Seinfeld bacter.

That evening at the general gathering, the chief addressed us telling us to be careful and should love one another as brothers. That night was sorrowful as everybody made one last impression on another to keep their memories embedded in the other. I told mine to a seven year old kid named kepso, and he promised not to forget it.

I could barely sleep that night as i knew i would kiss death again one last time.... ..

TBC
Re: The 5man Crew by Emmykul4love(m): 9:19pm On Nov 20, 2014
Ha bros you have not updated since......weti dey happen now.....still following
Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 9:25am On Nov 24, 2014
Sorry guys for not updating for a while, work has being taking its toll on me
Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 9:51am On Nov 24, 2014
CHAPTER 26

***** airborne /a*****

Morning at last, time for another tussle. I stood up from my bed and walked around the village for one last time. The people were still asleep, but some were up and working. I followed a little group of girls to fetch water from the Niger river. When we arrived i glanced towards the Institute, some excavation was still going on as pile upon pile of concrete was pulled out of the ground. A feeling of cold came over me, like that experienced when a ghost walks through a person. I turned around to look for it but the girls who were fetching water had gone. I couldn't find the path with which we had came, so i headed through the bushes and in a few seconds i was at the other end of the river. I couldn't get my head around what was happening as i was trapped in an island that was only 16metres wide. The ground beneath me opened up as i heard a voice say "welcome home"

I woke myself up and looked up at the old clock in the room i was laying, it was just a quarter past 5am. I examined my body one last time to make sure i was not dreaming. I wasn't

We got ready to leave the village. Two canoes were ready to transport us from the village to kogi main town. Samuel and Mary looked reassuring but the locals waved one of theirs goodbye forever. An hour had past before we reached mainland, the town was not as busy as it normally was, as alot of sentries patrolled the area. We got to a car impound that seemed to be out of order for a while, though the cars were fully functional.

Pkela took to the wheels of a JSR minivan as we got in and loaded our weapons beneath the seat, and set on our journey. The gentle breeze outside was refreshing and hopeful. The vehicle was silent as the journey to the capital proceeded, everyone lost in his own thoughts.

**×******************************************

"halt", a sentry stood in front of the minivan as we just crossed the lokoja bridge. They were around 6 of them all fully armed.
"what seems to be problem " samuel asked.

" just routine search of all vehicles going past the FCT "," the west African heads of states will be finishing their meeting tomorrow and we don't want trouble, or do you?
Samuel replied him in the negative as one of the brought a dog towards the vehicle. These dogs were trained to perceive even the tiniest trace of gunpowder, i prayed it was over quickly.

"get going " the sentry shouted. Pkela started the vehicle, as it jerked forward, a cartridge fell of my holder. Damn

The dog started barking violently

I pulled an uzi handgun from my side and burst out of the minivan from the rear window. *click* i started spraying bullets from my uzi and killing 3 sentries in the process as the others went hiding. Mary kicked open the door and grabbed one of them and snapped his neck as Pkela rammed the other two in front.

The soldiers distress beacon was already sent, so we had to leave immediately. A helicopter belonging to the sentries was hidden in the bushes. Samuel got into the pilot seat, and in a few seconds we were airbound
Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 9:53am On Nov 24, 2014
Sorry for the delayed update guys, any free chance i get i will post as many updates as possible
Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 9:52am On Nov 25, 2014
****DISCONTINUED *****
Re: The 5man Crew by joedejana(m): 5:02pm On Nov 25, 2014
festwiz:
****DISCONTINUED *****

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Landlady,her Daughters And A Tenant / Chinua Achebe Tops The List Of 40 Most Powerful Celebrities In Africa / Join Online Simplified Anatomy classes for Medical and Allied Medical Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.