Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,653 members, 7,809,476 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

The 5man Crew - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The 5man Crew (9819 Views)

Motivating Crew / Write Stories,poems,article And Become A NW Blogger...join The Crew Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 5man Crew by Timothy3113(m): 2:03pm On Nov 10, 2014
festwiz:
Timothy3113 and divepen abeg make una take chair as i formally introduce this to nairaland and the entire Nairaland. Una welcome
take's chair then run to the front eventho am late

1 Like

Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 5:07pm On Nov 10, 2014
Fingers crossed, hoping I'll be able to update tonight
Re: The 5man Crew by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 10, 2014
festwiz:
Timothy3113 and divepen abeg make una take chair as i formally introduce this to nairaland and the entire Nairaland. Una welcome
following
Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 6:53pm On Nov 10, 2014
Divepen:

following
i bow to you oga boss
Re: The 5man Crew by Thinkr(m): 9:03pm On Nov 10, 2014
Read all. You are doing good. #Following
Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 9:09pm On Nov 10, 2014
Thinkr:
Read all. You are doing good. #Following
thanks boss, but won't be able to update tonight, battery ish
Re: The 5man Crew by Thinkr(m): 9:21pm On Nov 10, 2014
festwiz:
thanks boss, but won't be able to update tonight, battery ish
not a problem. Have a good night.
Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 7:12am On Nov 12, 2014
CHAPTER 21

******Thermal warrior ******

The helicopter was in the air now as i could hear the blades trashing the air in the sky. I proceeded to click the button for the underground level. The suit i had on would not hold for a long time, as the temperature would get as high as 2500°c. The bell for each level rang out, as i was getting to the fifth floor,my courage began to waver. I shrugged my shoulders so that i could get this feeling of me,but i couldn't.

At the third floor, the door of the elevator opened and a lot of workmen came on board. I looked at the time on the wall it was approaching evening and the end of the 4th day of all this carnage. I summoned strength one last time, but couldn't get this feeling of being wrong off me.

*ding*

We had arrived our destination or the reactor floors the workers were heading to the storage unit to change there clothing for protective gear, so i went along with them. As we were done changing, the chief came in to give instructions on how the Institute needed more power, but it was just instructions to overload it. These cloned fools had no sense at anything. They seemed like a fresh batch as the seldomly spoke to one another.

The chief led the way. As we approached the reactor, a call came in. As he spoke through the phone, i could make out the words "I've gotten out", and "worker vest.. .. React...". Who could it be i asked myself? We reached the reactor and proceeded with his plans. I used a long jar holder to move the container containing uranium 235. This was never to be mixed with potassium as Hiroshima and Nagasaki would be reborn.

I did the addition as stealthily as i possible could with great success . I looked around the room to see sentry soldiers surround the elevator. Oh ****, my hope of escape was gone, not until i saw a waste disposal tunnel that led into the Niger river.

The Chief's voice boomed out of the speakers "....

TBC
Re: The 5man Crew by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 12, 2014
Nice, next!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: The 5man Crew by pamcode(m): 11:20am On Nov 12, 2014
nice story ride on festwiz,update quickly

2 Likes

Re: The 5man Crew by Plaitex(f): 12:07pm On Nov 12, 2014
dis story is intriguing. Waiting for updates

1 Like

Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 1:40pm On Nov 12, 2014
Plaitex:
dis story is intriguing. Waiting for updates
thanks sweets
Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 1:41pm On Nov 12, 2014
Will update this evening, work ish
Re: The 5man Crew by kingvicking(m): 9:27am On Nov 13, 2014
Just the type of story I love, thumb up bro,

1 Like

Re: The 5man Crew by Fatalveli(m): 11:37am On Nov 13, 2014
[b]Its happening live this weekend. Catch the
conversation live on Nairaland as our
popular programme 'Nairaland celebrity
interview' kicks off with more force.
Guess who we are bringing this weekend.
She is not story writer, neither is she a
poet. She is a Queen, our Queen. A beauty to behold.
I present to you, the most beautiful girl on
Nairaland. Miss Jennimma, winner Miss
Nairaland beauty contest 2014.
Do you have questions for the damsel?
Do you want to know the secret behind
her breathtaking beauty?
Do you want to know more about her? The phases of listening in which we enjoy the beauty
of God's handiwork on the beauty queen, her response to such factors as the
simplicity, balance, and proportion of her speeches,
and the eloquence of their her pure heart, then why don't u all fall or rather troop in and let's bombard the beauty pageant with questions. And the observable characteristics of her personalities including age, gender, educational level, group
affiliations, and socio-cultural background we ought to take not of when adapting to our interviewee.... Let's make it lively and I'm sure you all have a lot of questions
This weekend, join us and ask your
questions. Everything will be answered by
our guest.
Date: Saturday 15-11-2014
Time: 2pm-3pm
Venue: http://
www.nairaland.com/1952165/weekly-
interview-thread-subsidiary-
dammysammytv/9#27964171.
Missing the action is like carrying over a
course! Lol.... U can't afford to miss it like "Papa AJasco"[/b]
Re: The 5man Crew by Timothy3113(m): 1:03pm On Nov 13, 2014
festwiz:
Will update this evening, work ish
shey na your evenin be dis.
Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 1:53pm On Nov 13, 2014
Abeg, my beautiful people, make una no vex, i ran out of data yesterday,. The cheat wey i dey use spoil my show. Timothy3113 no vex o, i dobale for u
Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 2:48pm On Nov 13, 2014
CHAPTER 22

***********Andrenaline**********

"good day, beautiful people of the future, we have come here today to witness our success in making us a force to fear and to be reckoned with.. But I'm afraid one amongst you is against this great opportunity put in front of you. One who has stood up against this future which lies in wait for us. Will you allow that? " the chief paused for a response which he knew won't be forthcoming as these guys were set to only respond to conmands.

" as expected", the chief continued "he will look like you, pretend to be your friend, but don't be deceived. If you see him *strange pause* bring him to me in pieces" .

That moment, hearing those words, my courage was like that of the cowardly dog. My legs too weak to carry my body, as clone after clone, soldier after soldier bumped past me till one of them looked down at my shoe.... He looked up at me and before he could react i killed the soldier. I had just fallen for the chief's trap.

All the soldiers locked their weapons and started running towards me. I prayed for a miracle, and it came in the form of the buzz alarm. The reactor started oozing poisonous gas which many of the soldiers fell to. I held my breath, grabbed a rocket launcher and shot it at the rig where the chief was overlooking the reactor.

There was no escape from this, i smiled to myself.

I looked at the tunnel, it had a lot of tracks on the floor which the "delivery cars" use as a means of depositing waste into the River. A parked military humvee was about 30metres away from me. The Rocket which i fired had caused a fire due to the gases around, but the destruction would begin in 4 5 seconds when the uranium potassium atoms begin to repel. I got in and started the engine, and off i went.

The tunnel was brightly lit, like a cathedral on easter night. My mind flooded with thoughts of who had betrayed me. Mrs Kofo would not see the light outside for long. I promised myself.

The reactor couldn't take it anymore as i heard an ear shattering explosion behind me. I was driving at a top speed of 185km/h,and with the explosion, the tunnel would be the first way out, as a lot of radiation and debris would be hitting me in about 11secs

I hit the gas till it reached a speed of 230km/h.

The first drought blew past me, as the gears got stiff. The river was just ahead. But too far out, it was about 10 secs away, but the debris was behind me.

I looked back, i saw my past coming towards me with a lot of human flesh, stone and concrete

Impact
The river was just in front of me, as the heatwave made the diesel in the humvee to explode. It flung me away, halfway past the river. I could see my hand work from the sky, no more Institute, just a canyon in the ground. I was fulfilled, but not satisfied knowing she was gonna start this up again. I hit the water hard like concrete, I'm certain the speed of impact was around 632km/h,the speed of a commercial airliner. This made me skid on the water surface 3more times before i plunged in to my death...... .... ........ ..

My body system shut down, just as a pair of hands grasped me......

TBC

*End of part 1****
Re: The 5man Crew by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 13, 2014
1derful, pls wen will u start the part two.
?
Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 4:11pm On Nov 13, 2014
Don4perfect:
1derful, pls wen will u start the part two.
?
Maybe next week after I've sorted my holiday out. But i would like you guys to post what you think of it so far, and your expectations. Thanks
Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 7:46pm On Nov 13, 2014
WHERE ALL MY PEEPS NA, ABEG MAKE UNA NO ABANDON ME OOO

Re: The 5man Crew by Thinkr(m): 7:22am On Nov 14, 2014
Do not be afraid. We are watching. The story is good bruh. Keep on
Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 8:44am On Nov 14, 2014
Thinkr:
Do not be afraid. We are watching. The story is good bruh. Keep on
Thanks bro. Promise not to disappoint
Re: The 5man Crew by Dexema(m): 9:51am On Nov 14, 2014
Ur level of scientific imagination is wild and commendable,looks like reading call of duty rather than playing it,nice one.
Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 11:21am On Nov 14, 2014
Dexema:
Ur level of scientific imagination is wild and commendable,looks like reading call of duty rather than playing it,nice one.
Thanks bro, you just made my day.
Re: The 5man Crew by sconp: 12:42pm On Nov 14, 2014
nice one bro
Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 12:45pm On Nov 14, 2014
sconp:
nice one bro
thanks, really appreciate it
Re: The 5man Crew by Emmykul4love(m): 12:50pm On Nov 14, 2014
Wahoooo,wat a wonderful part1. So all these happens in your dream?just asking ooooo. I just pray it wont happen real wen you wake up. More ink to your pen and more oil or later grease to your elbow. God bless you with more wisdom and understanding.
Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 12:51pm On Nov 14, 2014
You guys should please follow the story as we are not done yet
Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 12:54pm On Nov 14, 2014
Emmykul4love:
Wahoooo,wat a wonderful part1. So all these happens in your dream?just asking ooooo. I just pray it wont happen real wen you wake up. More ink to your pen and more oil or later grease to your elbow. God bless you with more wisdom and understanding.
I guess we'll find out what happens in the end. Thanks for your words, and being with me, couldn't have asked for better. grin
Re: The 5man Crew by Kinkale(m): 8:10pm On Nov 14, 2014
Chai.. Neva been a fan of sci-fi bur ds one make die.

#following
Re: The 5man Crew by festwiz(m): 9:17pm On Nov 14, 2014
Kinkale:
Chai.. Neva been a fan of sci-fi bur ds one make die.

#following
Boss, thanks for following. Won't let you down

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Female Edition - "Battle Of Wits" / 50 Shades Of Grey Part 2 / Love Story: Kate And Godwin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.