Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,668 members, 7,816,747 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Boko Haram: Why Is Gej/pdp Negotiating Now?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Why Is Gej/pdp Negotiating Now?? (1275 Views)

Boko Haram: Why Viviangist4 Should Be Banned / Boko Haram: Why Is A Terrorist Wearing The Same Body Armour As The Army In Pic? / Boko Haram- 'why We Attacked Kano'. Who Are These Scholars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: Why Is Gej/pdp Negotiating Now?? by pendy79: 6:51pm On Oct 17, 2014
For onwards of 5 years and running we were told Boko Haram is a faceless Organisation hence there is no party to negotiate with.

OBJ, Shehu Sani and a kanuri journalist facilitated a discussion with top hierachy of the sect only for OBJ to be ignored and abandoned like an orphan when he asked for FG backing and support and the appointment of a FG party to their discussion.

GEJ forwarded a request for 1billion$ loan to.the senate to fund the procurement of arms/ammunition and this was hurriedly passed by a PDP led senate despite opposition by APC Senators who asked for detailed expenditures on the 952billion Naira approved already in the year's budget and senator George Akume even asking why the need to borrow when funds can be taken.from the Sovereign Wealth Fund yet GEJ got his 1billion.dollAR largesse last month.

Our national pride and image was dragged in the mud in a yet to.be explained and supposedly covert operation.to buy arms to fight same Boko Haram.

We have spent close to 3Trillion Naira in defence funding in 2 years yet no result but more lost in military hardware and personnel and also.lost of territory.

MY GROUSE: If the GEJ led FG had negotiation amongst it's option why did they live in denial for 5years? why not persue this option.as adviced by the then Action Congress in its numerous press briefings? Eminent Nigerians have advised this option for years but our FG continued to tell us they won't negotiate with terrorist. Why did they now swallow their vomit? Numerous lives and properties would have been saved if the GEJ government had not lived in a fool's paradise.

MY OPINION: It is now crystal clear to any more discerning mind that the present government is a clueless, daft, purposeless, one without a clear policy direction, no distinct direction, on auto pilot mode that flow with any weather, lack proper thinkers and policy makers and made up of people who are not sure or confident in themselves.

Nigeria have had many leaders, some plague with.corruption, others nepotic and ethnic driven but the GEJ government is an epitome of the worst kind of leadership.that could befall any nation. How we get here should be a painful and sober reflection.on each and everyone of us. People who voted GEJ in 2011 painfully regret the complete disappointment GEJ has been.

The time to make amend is around the corner, let's grab it with both hands. this clueless and da.ft government needs to be kicked out.

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Why Is Gej/pdp Negotiating Now?? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 17, 2014
I didn't know GEJ had the capacity to talk to faceless ghosts.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Why Is Gej/pdp Negotiating Now?? by firstolalekan(m): 7:03pm On Oct 17, 2014
Too many things wrong in this administration..
E-vote still ongoing.

check link below.
Re: Boko Haram: Why Is Gej/pdp Negotiating Now?? by Samchelsea(m): 7:33pm On Oct 17, 2014
Everything the govt does is bad for you people.....if they take on the insurgents you guys will complain that they are not doing enough and if they negotiate with them then they are weak and should have done it earlier, so much complaining....if you think its easy to why not join politics bring out your manifestos and let's vote for you....abeg park well

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Why Is Gej/pdp Negotiating Now?? by publicenemy(m): 7:35pm On Oct 17, 2014
i tire o
Re: Boko Haram: Why Is Gej/pdp Negotiating Now?? by horpe132(m): 7:47pm On Oct 17, 2014
THE Devil IS A NIGERIAN,,,
,,,,Imagine the Numbers of life that has been lost,,,Properties Destroyed,,,,,Billions of Naira Spent,,,,& Few months to election everything goes back to normal as if nothing happened & Politicians will even add it to their achievement.........
*********************************************************************************************************************************************
-
-
-
That's Nigeria For You.....All na POLITICS...So so SAD !!!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Why Is Gej/pdp Negotiating Now?? by Oklander: 7:52pm On Oct 17, 2014
When they were told to negotiate with book.H sometimes ago, they no hear, after many lives lost, na now be the "time" to score cheap points by stopping those bastarrds with negotiating... "Time" for election...

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Why Is Gej/pdp Negotiating Now?? by 2cato: 7:59pm On Oct 17, 2014
The major problem and enemies of nigerians The oppositions and their minions e.g pendy97. Where were you people when gej extended the olive branch to them and to negotiate and they name buhari the "dogs and baboon will be soak in blood general" who latter came out after due consultation with BH saying gej should stop killing BH. They later turn it into insult

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Why Is Gej/pdp Negotiating Now?? by IdomaLikita: 8:01pm On Oct 17, 2014
5000 Civilians and Soldiers Killed by BH=Pawns
Re: Boko Haram: Why Is Gej/pdp Negotiating Now?? by pendy79: 8:10pm On Oct 17, 2014
Samchelsea:
Everything the govt does is bad for you people.....if they take on the insurgents you guys will complain that they are not doing enough and if they negotiate with them then they are weak and should have done it earlier, so much complaining....if you think its easy to why not join politics bring out your manifestos and let's vote for you....abeg park well

If you read my post without the prism of sentiments and "I am igbo so GEJ can never be wrong" you will see clearly my arguement. If Negotiation was an option why wait for 5years to do so after the lost of many lives, properties and wastage of military hardware? GEJ said generally in various press briefings that BH does not have a face so they have no party to talk to that's why negotiation wasn't viable. Does it mean BH now has a face?

Even if you will negotiate should it not be a hidden thing out of public purview? America and Iran are sworn enemies on the diplomatic front yet they both joined hand in the fight against ISIL. America till.today deny such cooperation but in our own case, itis the Chief of Defense Staff that is giving public statement on a matter that they themselves said they won't do. Why the sudden policy somersault? Imagine what could have been saved in terms of national embarrassment, lost of lives and properties and the displacement of millions of citizenry if they did what they are doing now like 3 or 4 years ago?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: Why Is Gej/pdp Negotiating Now?? by size38: 8:25pm On Oct 17, 2014
2015 is the reason. But I thought GEJ and his supporters said chibok girls abduction is a scam?

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Why Is Gej/pdp Negotiating Now?? by pendy79: 8:26pm On Oct 17, 2014
2cato:
The major problem and enemies of nigerians The oppositions and their minions e.g pendy97. Where were you people when gej extended the olive branch to them and to negotiate and they name buhari the "dogs and baboon will be soak in blood general" who latter came out after due consultation with BH saying gej should stop killing BH. They later turn it into insult

Please I will appreciate if you don't mention my moniker if you cannot put your message and line of thought in a coherent and meaningful.manner.

Go thru my post properly you will see the answer to the question you seek.

If GEJ goons and PDP labelled Buhari as a sponsor of BH and use that to campaign against him in 2011, you won't expect him to spearhead such a talk. Anyway Buhari is a private citizen like you and I he has a right to his own conviction and opinion and decisions.

OBJ laid the ground for negotiation and even risked his live to go all the way to Maiduguri to meet senior members of the sect and families of the slain Mohammed Yusuf. Why did the FG not follow thru with some recommendations he listed or even give him a listening ear.

When a whole president could publicly say " I can't go there, they will just kill me" then you know the kind of jellyfish president we have.

You don't love Nigeria more than I do and I'm damn more patriotic than you could ever be. For me it is Nigeria first but for you and your ilks it is about being igbo and igbo interest.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Why Is Gej/pdp Negotiating Now?? by 2cato: 8:47pm On Oct 17, 2014
pendy79:

Please I will appreciate if you don't mention my moniker if you cannot put your message and line of thought in a coherent and meaningful.manner.

Go thru my post properly you will see the answer to the question you seek.

If GEJ goons and PDP labelled Buhari as a sponsor of BH and use that to campaign against him in 2011, you won't expect him to spearhead such a talk. Anyway Buhari is a private citizen like you and I he has a right to his own conviction and opinion and decisions.

OBJ laid the ground for negotiation and even risked his live to go all the way to Maiduguri to meet senior members of the sect and families of the slain Mohammed Yusuf. Why did the FG not follow thru with some recommendations he listed or even give him a listening ear.

When a whole president could publicly say " I can't go there, they will just kill me" then you know the kind of jellyfish president we have.

You don't love Nigeria more than I do and I'm damn more patriotic than you could ever be. For me it is Nigeria first but for you and your ilks it is about being igbo and igbo interest.

Thanks.
ok i feel ur pain. Who said nigerian will be ungovernable if gej wins please remind me?
The weeping general who took loans at 60% to purchase APC form i guess
Re: Boko Haram: Why Is Gej/pdp Negotiating Now?? by pendy79: 9:00pm On Oct 17, 2014
2cato:
ok i feel ur pain. Who said nigerian will be ungovernable if gej wins please remind me?

Can you please come up with a link, a post, a journal or a press briefing where your weeping general said "*nigerian* will be ungovernable"? If you can't I think you will do yourself some good to polish your use of english rather than jump from one post to other spewing unfounded and spurious allegations without knowing who said what.

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Why Is Gej/pdp Negotiating Now?? by 2cato: 9:13pm On Oct 17, 2014
pendy79:

Can you please come up with a link, a post, a journal or a press briefing where your weeping general said "*nigerian* will be ungovernable"? If you can't I think you will do yourself some good to polish your use of english rather than jump from one post to other spewing unfounded and spurious allegations without knowing who said what.

Thanks
ok you win. Tell me what "dogs and baboon will be soak in blood if gej wins" means and please do urself a favour stop lieing and decieving ur self it will do you no good.
Re: Boko Haram: Why Is Gej/pdp Negotiating Now?? by ogbronx(m): 9:36pm On Oct 17, 2014
2cato:
They sell lies to you and you accept it hook, line and sinker. GBM wasn't the one that said that. It was credited to an aggrieved PDP member but I guess your don't know because your don't follow events or read the papers.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Why Is Gej/pdp Negotiating Now?? by philantoxx(m): 9:42pm On Oct 17, 2014
we curiously want to see if APC will congratulate govt if these girls regain their freedom.
Re: Boko Haram: Why Is Gej/pdp Negotiating Now?? by Samchelsea(m): 9:47pm On Oct 17, 2014
pendy79:

If you read my post without the prism of sentiments and "I am igbo so GEJ can never be wrong" you will see clearly my arguement. If Negotiation was an option why wait for 5years to do so after the lost of many lives, properties and wastage of military hardware? GEJ said generally in various press briefings that BH does not have a face so they have no party to talk to that's why negotiation wasn't viable. Does it mean BH now has a face?

Even if you will negotiate should it not be a hidden thing out of public purview? America and Iran are sworn enemies on the diplomatic front yet they both joined hand in the fight against ISIL. America till.today deny such cooperation but in our own case, itis the Chief of Defense Staff that is giving public statement on a matter that they themselves said they won't do. Why the sudden policy somersault? Imagine what could have been saved in terms of national embarrassment, lost of lives and properties and the displacement of millions of citizenry if they did what they are doing now like 3 or 4 years ago?
if they had done so you say, I know they have tried severally to negotiate with them but they refused and kept on with their killings and when the army engages them Amnesty international will start crying fowl that they are slaughtering innocent people so when dealing with all these terrorist groups one has to be careful in his plans and for making it public we can't compare ourselves with America, election year is coming and if the govt can win the war on terror by any means and in doing so making their actions public will actually help boost their public image
Re: Boko Haram: Why Is Gej/pdp Negotiating Now?? by atlwireles: 9:50pm On Oct 17, 2014
Boko haram came to table, because the army finally got its act together. grin grin grin grin Imagine killing 2,000 almajirs per week. They knew death by the Nigerian army bullet was certain, so cut a deal before you join shecow number 1 and 2.
Re: Boko Haram: Why Is Gej/pdp Negotiating Now?? by Canme4u(m): 9:58pm On Oct 17, 2014
They wanna use Chibok palava to canpaing for GEJ by next year.
May God purnish all those using those poor chibok's girls to for their polical gains. Amen.

Shai Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Why Is Gej/pdp Negotiating Now?? by mogentle(m): 10:08pm On Oct 17, 2014
2cato:
Lawal Kaita.

http://newsrescue.com/pdp-affair-revealed-man-promised-make-nigeria-ungovernable-jonathan-wins/#axzz3GRHVlyoo

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Why Is Gej/pdp Negotiating Now?? by pendy79: 10:23pm On Oct 17, 2014
2cato:
ok you win. Tell me what "dogs and baboon will be soak in blood if gej wins" means and please do urself a favour stop lieing and decieving ur self it will do you no good.

Can you please do the needful and show a verifiable source to where you read the statement " dogs and baboon will be soaked in blood if gej wins"

You just said "ok you win" only to accuse me of lying and deceiving afterwards. Do you have a mirror at home? Look at it and seek answers to the allegation you leveled at me. Guess you will see the face of the liar and the person that was deceived there.

I hope you wont need to apologize again when you realise your folly again? The truth about some of you is that you dont form opinion on your own but have this crowd mentality.

As you go about trying to find out where GMB use the exact words you quoted, can you kindly tell me which one amongst the two animals species you belong to "A DOG or A BABOON" cos my primary school teacher taught me those two words refers to canines and ape family? How does dog or baboon relate to you?
Re: Boko Haram: Why Is Gej/pdp Negotiating Now?? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 17, 2014
2cato:
Lawal Kaita- a PDP chieftain- actually said that. smiley
Re: Boko Haram: Why Is Gej/pdp Negotiating Now?? by Zakkyoz: 10:39pm On Oct 17, 2014
pendy79:

Thanks
please stop arguing with that frustrated ethno-religious neophyte. His sense of reasoning as a TANOID has been irredeemably beclouded with sentiments.
Re: Boko Haram: Why Is Gej/pdp Negotiating Now?? by pendy79: 6:31am On Oct 18, 2014
Zakkyoz:

please stop arguing with that frustrated ethno-religious neophyte. His sense of reasoning as a TANOID has been irredeemably beclouded with sentiments.

Thanks bro. I realized some of them are victims of their own ignorance and lack the capacity to read and find out things themselves but rather rely on rumour, halftruth, speculation. And outright lies peddled on the social media to form their opinions.

Educating them should be a favorable task of all bearer of truth. They just follow the bandwagon to shout and make noise without even knowing what the issues are.

You will see he accepted he was wrong that should indicate that he has learn something he never knew before. Let's not get tired of teaching them.

(1) (Reply)

Are Igbos Really Foolish? / How Did TAN Get 17.8 Million Nigerians To Endorse Jonathan / Which Political Party Gave Birth To This Boy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.