Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities (46767 Views)

El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital / TAN Shuts Down Lagos For Jonathan (photos) / Fake Universities Busted In Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by anonimi: 8:39pm On Oct 17, 2014
veeberry:
I pity the graduates from these schls. So frustrating............

Shebi everyone wan claim sey im dey "campus" angry
Wasting money only to be crying unemployment after and run to Dubai and other places where the people do not have two heads but just one head like us also. shocked Staying back in such hostile places at all costs even if na to wash plates, dead bodies, drive taxis etc while posing yet again sey dem dey for "diaspora".

Shameless people, that is what we are sad

Correct TECHNICAL schools and VOCATIONAL colleges dey there to acquire better skills for making good viable products and MAINTAINING our buildings, machines, infrastructures etc we no want go those ones angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by Olaooni88(f): 8:44pm On Oct 17, 2014
jjwaterfalls:
West coast university

Anyway I feel for all those who hav spent their life savings thinking dey were in skool. I can imagine the frustrtion. sad
you can imagine or u can't?
Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by elisa121s(m): 8:56pm On Oct 17, 2014
Shebi na una wan go university grin: I tank God 4 d polytechnic dat I am oo..

1 Like

Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by lotlord(m): 8:58pm On Oct 17, 2014
3days left to go in the CEO~CHALLENGE

‪#‎INNOVATION‬ THROUGH CONCEPTUALIZED CODING#

Please vote for ‪#‎team‬ LUG~SMIT ,a team of high borne intellectual programmers in the current CEO~CHALLENGE.

Heres the voting procedure

1, please start by liking their fan page by searching P&G CAREER NIGERIA or http://facebook.com/PGCareersNigeria

2, after that copy this link to your url tab ,this link takes you directly to our picture page to vote http://woobox.com/odgogp/vote/for/4917896

3, click on vote , it then redirects you to a facebook page stated PHOTO CONTEST please click ok ...

4, it takes you back to the voting page then you click on the voting button again....

Please your default web browser if using a mobile platforn or Mozilla if using a system..

Sharing this page also is of great importance to.....as it increases our chances of qualifying to the next level... thankz...
Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by neksummi(m): 9:00pm On Oct 17, 2014
I've never heard of these universities in my whole life.

Avoid this mistake if you're an Internet Marketer
Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by Chuks16(m): 9:03pm On Oct 17, 2014
#teamfederaluni
Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by bangalee1(m): 9:06pm On Oct 17, 2014
West coast university sounds funny I imagine d westcoast US. Effect of mass failure in jamb.

2 Likes

Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by fortunechy(m): 9:07pm On Oct 17, 2014
MTN IS SO WICKED

I received a message from MTN this Morning saying:"Know interesting facts about your country. text NIG to 32050... N100 per day"...and as a good citizen of Nigeria, I decided to know more facts about my country.

I subscribed and immediately they deducted N100 from my account.

The first fact I received was:

"Do you know that the Nigeria national flag has two colours which are green and white". ( Cold begin catch me)

Secondly they sent:"Do you know that the first letter of Nigeria is
N?" ( I begin develop headache -}

Thirdly was:"Do you know that river Niger is in Nigeria?".

I've been crying since morning..What do think might be the next fact pls i dey vex!! How was ur nite
Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by fortunechy(m): 9:09pm On Oct 17, 2014
who give them licence to operate b4? i smell foul play.
Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 17, 2014
keyzid:

No, the size of your worth in life. cool
Lol...u come from Ibadan right?ibadan mesi ogo...u mudrer that guy
Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by Henrick007: 9:25pm On Oct 17, 2014
didadavid:
What? Let them learn their lessons.

PS: BREAKING: Keshi remains the coach of the super eagles. Full story Here
where?
Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by Misogynist2014(m): 9:31pm On Oct 17, 2014
jjwaterfalls:
West coast university

Anyway I feel for all those who hav spent their life savings thinking dey were in skool. I can imagine the frustrtion. sad
I think those unis should be left alone. The ones we have are not enough. We should let them be, their certificate will speak for them. sad
Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by Jarus(m): 9:34pm On Oct 17, 2014
NUC, when are you apprving our university nah - University of Offa?

Even universities with less than half of the facilities we already put in place at UniOffa have gotten approval.

4 Likes

Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 17, 2014
Henrick007:
where?

Inside dia
Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by ceejay80s(m): 9:43pm On Oct 17, 2014
thekingsmen:
Goodluck is working...... Richmond open university lols
Richmond open university ko
Richman close unipetrol no

Richmond open university ko
Richman close unipetrol no
Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by ceejay80s(m): 9:43pm On Oct 17, 2014
Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 17, 2014
Ambrose Ali should not be on the list
Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 17, 2014
And there's the problem:

He said access to university education has been a
challenge in the country with over one million Nigerians, who were, on annual basis, unable to gain admission into the limited tertiary institutions because of low carrying capacity.

1 Like

Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by Nobody: 10:10pm On Oct 17, 2014
keyzid:
Is this the first time I'm reading this thread on Nairaland? undecided BTW, e sha no affect UNILORIN grin cheesy cool
lailai that is the numero uno University in Nigeria !
Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by 9jatatafo(m): 10:13pm On Oct 17, 2014
Why is this country like this? Fake universities at this time and age? Very disheartening!!!
Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by kazmanbanjoko(m): 10:13pm On Oct 17, 2014
lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by Appswheel(m): 10:29pm On Oct 17, 2014
The National Universities Commission (NUC) wishes to announce to the general public, especially parents and prospective undergraduates, that the under-listed “Degree Mills” have not been licensed by the Federal Government and have, therefore, been closed down for violating the Education (National
Minimum Standards etc.) Act CAP E3 Law of the Federation of Nigeria 2004.

The “Universities” are:
1) University of Accountancy and Management Studies, operating anywhere in Nigeria.
2) Christians of Charity American University of Science & Technology, Nkpor, Anambra State or any of its other campuses
3) University of Industry, Yaba, Lagos or any of its other campuses
4) University of Applied Sciences & Management, Port Novo, Republic of Benin or any of its other campuses in Nigeria
5) Blacksmith University, Awka or any of its other campuses
6) Volta University College, Ho, Volta Region, Ghana or any of its other campuses in Nigeria
7) Royal University Izhia, P.O. Box 800, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State or any of its other campuses
Atlanta University, Anyigba, Kogi State or any of its other campuses
9) Sunday Adokpela University, Otada Adoka, Otukpo, Benue State or any of its
other campuses.
10) United Christian University, Macotis Campus, Imo State or any of its other campuses.
11) United Nigeria University College, Okija, Anambra State or any of its other campuses.
12) Samuel Ahmadu University, Makurdi, Benue State or any of its other campuses.
13) UNESCO University, Ndoni, Rivers State or any of its other campuses.
14) Saint Augustine’s University of Technology, Jos, Plateau State or any of its other
campuses
15) The International University, Missouri, USA, Kano and Lagos Study Centres, or any of its campuses in Nigeria
16) Collumbus University, UK operating anywhere in Nigeria
17) Tiu International University, UK operating anywhere in Nigeria
18) Pebbles University, UK operating anywhere in Nigeria`
19) London External Studies UK operating anywhere in Nigeria.
20) Pilgrims University operating anywhere in Nigeria.
21) Lobi Business School Makurdi, Benue State or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
22) West African Christian University operating anywhere in Nigeria.
23) Bolta University College Aba or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
24) JBC Seminary Inc. (Wukari Jubilee University) Kaduna Illegal Campus
25) Westlan University, Esie, Kwara State or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
26) St. Andrews University College, Abuja or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
27) EC-Council University, USA, Ikeja Lagos Study Centre.
28) Atlas University, Ikot Udoso Uko, Uyo Akwa Ibom State or any of its campuses in Nigeria

SEE FULL LIST
http://www..com/nuc-list-of-illegal-degree-awarding-institutions-degree-mills-operating-in-nigeria/
Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by GboyegaD(m): 10:58pm On Oct 17, 2014
Is it every month they make this same announcements?
Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by PROCTOR: 10:59pm On Oct 17, 2014
I fell for those who have spent their valuable time,moneyand energy only to discover they are carrying a fake certificate.what can be more painfull?
Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 17, 2014
Was the OPEN university on the list?. smiley
Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by adedayourt(m): 11:42pm On Oct 17, 2014
What make dose skuls fake in d first place??

Prob neglet of procedure in registering wit NUC, poor infrastructure, non qualified academic staff...

Never-the-less instead of outrightly delisting dos skuls NUC can help dem set der record straight wit regards to proper accrediting procedure or(and) granting green light to runs academics to d tune of d standard dept nd quality staff dos skuls can boast of.

Becus left to me blacklistin dos skuls ll only mean u throwing d already enrolld students back to d street...
Dat wud mean frustrated student taking up prostitution nd political thugry fr d nation to contend wit
Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by Nobody: 12:33am On Oct 18, 2014
This explains all the idiotas on Nairaland who claim to be "academic". Na yeye chicken unlicensed school dem dey go to.
Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by Bobbyjay001(m): 4:57am On Oct 18, 2014
kr0ne:
They have to shut LASU too! Smh
Maybe your own LASU and not our own LASU.
Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by chaz007(f): 6:17am On Oct 18, 2014
finsulyman:
Black market universities for the poor kids of our ogas
This surely must be the dumbest quote on nairaland.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode On Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor, Nigerian Ambassador To USA / Fulani And Hausa Clash In Sokoto, Scores Dead / Sylvester Omoroni: Joy Edordu Is Parent To One Of The Bullies - GistLover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.